A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Emdat Inscribe - how to link a medical dictionary - mina32

Posted: Sep 22, 2011

Can someone please tell me how to link a medical dictionary that I use in Word (Steadman's) to Emdat Inscribe?  I am not a techie so please be detail oriented with the details. No one I know knows how to do it and I do not either....help!!! Thanks so much!!!  

not possible - EmdatQA

[ In Reply To ..]
The only way to use the Stedman's Spellcheck is to click on the "W" (for Word) icon just above the transcription box. It takes the document into Word where you use F7 to run the spell check.

If you are new to Emdat and have one of the most recent versions of it, you can trust their spell check. I find it as reliable as Stedman's since they have upgraded it recently. You may have to tweak a few things, especially grammar, but the medical terminology base is very good.

A word of caution...just because you have Word available to run spell check, I advise against using it to transcribe in or format in it. Word attachs hidden codes that pull into Emdat that can lock up your computer and cause you to lose production time (I have BTDT with this issue). I highly recommend Emdat's new spellchecker and I'm a die hard Stedman's fan.

Darn - Mina32

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your reply...I hate to hear that. I am supposedly using the latest version of Emdat and I don't find the spell check to be all that great. I've been adding words as I go along though. Maybe I need to spend some more time with it though. Thanks again for your answer!! :-)

Similar Messages:

Emdat Inscribe - Need Dictionary Help Please
Aug 16, 2014

Upon spellcheck once I've F7'd to complete a report, I accidentally hit Add on a misspelled word and now the misspelled word has been added to the dictionary as correct.  Is there anyone who can tell me how do find and delete that entry? Thanks in advance :) ...

Medical Dictionary
Sep 15, 2014

Can anyone recommend a medical dictionary to use with a web based platform?  ...

Which Medical Dictionary Is The Best To Get The Computer?
Apr 22, 2010

NM ...

Reasonably Priced Medical Dictionary
Aug 24, 2010

Purchased new computer with Word 2010.   Need to make an updated spellchecker purchases.  Thanks for your feedback! ...

Medical Dictionary For Word 7
Aug 15, 2011

Anybody have experience with adding a medical dictionary that works with Word 7 and doesen't require a home equity loan to download? ...

What's The Best Electronic Medical Dictionary?
Nov 29, 2011

I'm looking to purchase a good medical dictionary to incorporate into my word program.  Anyone using one?  You can email me since we can't name names here.   Thanks ! ...

Best Medical Dictionary To Get For Your Computer?
Feb 17, 2012

What is the best medical dictionary to get for your copmuter? ...

Help With Emdat Inscribe
Apr 15, 2010

I've had to reinstall Inscribe and am trying to copy my autotext from a disk into the program. Any suggestions? ...

Emdat Inscribe Help
Jul 20, 2010

I just started a job using Emdat Inscribe, and my footpedal I ordered hasn't come in yet, so I have been using the function keys to play audio.  I have been doing this for about a week now with no problem, but today I log in to work though and the keys are no longer working.  The only way I can get the audio to play is by using the mouse.  Anyone know why this may be?  I haven't changed any of the settings, so I am not sure why they won't work now.  TIA. ...

Using Emdat/Inscribe
Jan 12, 2012

On using Emdat/Inscribe:  What does it mean when QA marks something with a red F with a line through the F? Thanks. ...

Emdat Inscribe Help Please!
Jul 11, 2012

I accidentally marked a transcription complete in Emdat Inscribe.  I haven't uploaded it yet and it is still on my screen.  I am not even close to being done with it!  How do I get back to being able to continue typing??? ...

What Is Emdat/Inscribe?
Sep 03, 2012

I have worked on many. many platforms, but never heard of that one.  Can anyone compare it to one.  Feel free to talk about a particular companies own software.  I've pretty much worked for them all .... lol. Thanks! ...

Free Online Medical Dictionary?
Jun 03, 2011

I was told I need to download a new medical spell checker for my computer.  Problem is, Stedman's cost $100, and I simply do not have that right now.  Are there any good, professional, reliable FREE online medical spell checkers out there to download?  Thanks! ...

Question About Stedman's Medical Dictionary V 7.0
Jun 28, 2011

Does anyone know what versions of Windows this is compatible with? Also, any comments on how you like/don't like it would be helpful!  Tx!  :) ...

InstanText And Emdat Inscribe
Oct 15, 2009

I am just starting to use Inscribe and have InstanText.  It will link up with Inscribe, because when I type, entries are showing up in IT, but when I go to expand an entry with the semi-colon as usual, it will not expand.  Anyone know how to fix this?  I have linked it, checked the link automatically box, also.   Thanks! ...

EMDAT InScribe Question....
Jul 02, 2010

There are some associates that need to be deleted in the cc/associates list because they are incorrect (argh!)...I can't figure out how to do this (am assuming that I can). Anybody know the skinny on this?  TIA.  ...

Emdat/Inscribe - An Opinion
Apr 06, 2010

Does anyone have an opinion on either. I have used Word forever for my transcription and am now thinking about using Inscribe...any thoughts? ...

EMDAT/Inscribe Question
Nov 12, 2010

I currently work for a company using EMDAT/Inscribe and have it downloaded on my computer.  I need to take on some more work from another company.   This company also uses EMDAT/ Inscribe same version.  Is it possible to  use the same sign in screen on the same computer for both companies, just changing the company ID name and password?  Or do I have to download it again and use two separate sign ins? Thanks much! ...

Has Anyone Used Emdat/Inscribe Platform
Jun 12, 2011

Has anyone used Emdat/Inscribe platform, if so how is it?  I'm not familiar with this and wondering how it is to use.  TIA. ...

Starting A Job On Emdat Inscribe..
May 24, 2011

x ...

Needing Some Help With Emdat Inscribe
Sep 19, 2011

I just started a job that utilizes this platform, but I cannot figure how to adjust the pedal settings.  Every time I take my foot off my pedal, it goes back too far.  Any advice would be most appreciated!!!! ...

EmDat Inscribe Question
May 16, 2012

Does anyone know if there is any way to transfer an Instant Text glossary to AutoText inthe EmDat InScribe platform? I have an IT glossary with many thousands of entries but can't get my IT to work with this platform (or maybe it is because I have to use my personal computer which is a Windows 7 64-bit and I only have IT V and I don't want to spend the $ for IT 7 just yet). Any ideas? TIA! ...

Anyone Here Is Using The Emdat Inscribe Program?
Mar 18, 2013

Was just wondering if anyone here is using the Emdat Inscribe program?  Would love to chat with you about it and share info/ideas.. ...

Nuance Emdat Inscribe
Jan 19, 2014

My company was acquired by Nuance and I guess Nuance now has taken ownership of Emdat.  All of sudden today, I can't get my foot pedal to play.  I tried to reconfigure and it just sits there waiting for me to to press play, though I'm pressing, releasing, pressing and releasing and nothing.  My foot pedal worked Friday when I logged off and it still works in my other transcription applications.  Anyone else on this platform with this problem?  Did Nuance/Emdat ...

EmDat / InScribe Question
Aug 22, 2014

I am new to EmDat / InScribe platform and i have a question.  Is there any way to search up a patient I typed the day before to see the finished file i typed.  I want to see what my blanks were that were filled in, but the company i work for does not really email us our corrections, so i have been writing down the names so i can go back and look at them.  Is there any way to do that????  ...

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...

Good Electronic Medical Dictionary Other Than Stedmans
Sep 24, 2012

Does anybody know of a good electronic medical dictionary on CD-ROM?  Thank you!  ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Emdat/InScribe 4.97 Users - I Need Some Info...
Sep 19, 2010

I've been using an old version(4.3) with the OK of the company I transcribe for.  But I'm now having so many technical issues that I need to install the upgrade of 4.97.394. A previous upgrade required the use of the InScribe internal player.  I tried this, bought 2 different foot pedals, and neither one worked for me, as both interfered with my expansions. One pedal I tried was the Start-Stop.  If I was in the process of starting or stopping play at the same time I wa ...

EMDAT/INSCRIBE Would Like Current Info
Apr 10, 2011

EMDAT INSCRIBE USERS   Can someone give me some feedback on how user friendly the Inscribe transcription platform is?   Does it have a good spellchecker? If your internet connection drops do you lose your report. Can you use PC Shorthand with it? Does it have a good voice player? Can you slow the player speed down for superfast dictators? Compatible with Infinity USB foot pedal? Are you able to be productive on this platform? ...