A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical dictionary for Word 7 - grandz

Posted: Aug 15, 2011

Anybody have experience with adding a medical dictionary that works with Word 7 and doesen't require a home equity loan to download?

Dictionary - OHMT

[ In Reply To ..]
What I did, instead of buying a medical dictionary, is look up unknown words as I come across them and add them to my custom dictionary. Then...it's there the next time and it cost me nothing. I know severe other MTs who have done the same thing.

that is what I have done for the past 20 years, and - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
my Word dictionary is now customized to my specific worktype. Takes time to buid up, but not as long as you would think.

Added to my custom dictionary, as well as using MTH - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The MTH spellchecker/dict. can be found here: http://mtherald.com/free-medical-spell-checker-for-microsoft-word-custom-dictionary/

Just so you know, I have found that this dictionary includes British spellings, so you might want to scan through it or be on the lookout for those then delete them from the dictionary as you see fit. I've been using it for about a year now and have only had to delete a handful of entries, which (to me) is better than paying $$$$ for another program.

Similar Messages:

Medical Dictionary/spell Check Software Compatible With Word
Apr 15, 2010

I just recently quit my job with MQ after having been there for 10 years.  I'm now working as an IC on Word.  Does anybody have information on a good medical software program (medical dictionary/spell checker/expander) that is compatible with Word.  I'd like to get something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!! Any help would be appreciated.        ...

Medical Dictionary
Sep 15, 2014

Can anyone recommend a medical dictionary to use with a web based platform?  ...

Which Medical Dictionary Is The Best To Get The Computer?
Apr 22, 2010

NM ...

Reasonably Priced Medical Dictionary
Aug 24, 2010

Purchased new computer with Word 2010.   Need to make an updated spellchecker purchases.  Thanks for your feedback! ...

What's The Best Electronic Medical Dictionary?
Nov 29, 2011

I'm looking to purchase a good medical dictionary to incorporate into my word program.  Anyone using one?  You can email me since we can't name names here.   Thanks ! ...

Best Medical Dictionary To Get For Your Computer?
Feb 17, 2012

What is the best medical dictionary to get for your copmuter? ...

Free Online Medical Dictionary?
Jun 03, 2011

I was told I need to download a new medical spell checker for my computer.  Problem is, Stedman's cost $100, and I simply do not have that right now.  Are there any good, professional, reliable FREE online medical spell checkers out there to download?  Thanks! ...

Question About Stedman's Medical Dictionary V 7.0
Jun 28, 2011

Does anyone know what versions of Windows this is compatible with? Also, any comments on how you like/don't like it would be helpful!  Tx!  :) ...

Looking For A Good Medical Dictionary / Spell Checker
Oct 26, 2010

I know this has been discussed in the past, but my search did not bring up any current threads so I'm asking again, just in case anything has changed, etc., since the old posts. I am looking for a good medical dictionary/spell checker.  What is your preference? THANKS!!  ...

Emdat Inscribe - How To Link A Medical Dictionary
Sep 22, 2011

Can someone please tell me how to link a medical dictionary that I use in Word (Steadman's) to Emdat Inscribe?  I am not a techie so please be detail oriented with the details. No one I know knows how to do it and I do not either....help!!! Thanks so much!!!   ...

Good Electronic Medical Dictionary Other Than Stedmans
Sep 24, 2012

Does anybody know of a good electronic medical dictionary on CD-ROM?  Thank you!  ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Deleting A Word From DocQscribe Dictionary
Nov 20, 2009

HELP!  Can anyone tell me how to delete words from the spellcheck dictionary?  I accidently added a misspelled word to the dictionary that i don't want in there and can't figure out how to get it out!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  ...

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED! Got A New Computer And Old Medical Dictionary Is Not Compatible So I Am Buying A
Apr 21, 2010

nm ...

Word 2007 - Stedman's Spellchecker 2010 - Unable To Add Words To Dictionary
Mar 23, 2015

Using Word 2007.  Installed Stedmans Spellchecker 2010 . Test shows the speller is working.  Upon spell checking document it does not allow me to add words to the dictionary. That option is grayed out. I've followed instructions found online to correct this in Word but that does not solve the problem.  I had EditScript downloaded to my PC , but have not used it yet.  I wonder if EditScript disabled this feature in Word?   ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

Help - A Non-medical Word In A Medical Report
Jan 25, 2013

It's on a wrist injury.  The word sounds like (it's slurred), but has the sound of - "inishits" The sentence is He has instability of the distal radial ulnar joint.  He had an MRI, which did reveal tear of the TFCC, which _____ with his clinical picture. Anywone have any guesses as to what that might be?  I'm just at a loss. Thanks,   ...

Getting Medical Transcription Word Expanders
Nov 21, 2011

I am finally getting smart (after 26 years!!!) and looking into getting transcription expanders (but don't have much money) and have no idea what is best all the way around (user friendly, cost, easy to learn as you go, etc.).  Any ideas?  Thanks :) ...

Medical Spellcheck Program For Word?
Jan 08, 2013

Hi all  Can someone recommend me a good program to get for microsoft word 2010 that will allow Word to check the spelling of medical words? Any help is appreciated, thanks ...

Does Anyone Use Stedman's Medical Word Spellcheck
Feb 05, 2014

I always had this through work, and now I need to buy my own.  Are you allowed to borrow, or people share a license?   I don't know how this works, I've never done it. Is there another program similar to it, maybe a bit less in price?  I definitely do NOT want to spend $100 on it, let alone have to pay to renew any licensing or get upgrades every year.   I'd really like to buy it once and be done with it,  is that possible? What happens if you ...

WORD 2003 Medical Spell Checkers
Feb 18, 2010

I am trying to find a good spellchecker to download for Word 2003.  I had previously been working out of WP5.1 and then Pscribe, so there was no need for me to purchase one.  TOO many out there, would like opinions from  MTs who actually use them, not the manufacturer saying "its the best one available" and end up paying for something that is garbage.  Starting a new position on Monday where I will be typing in Word 2003.  Any suggestions greatly appreciat ...

DocQScribe Dictionary
Aug 07, 2010

How do you guys edit your dictionary in DocQScribe?  I have a term that is not spelled correctly and I can't figure out how to get into the dictionary to delete it. Thanks for any info you'd like to share.         ...

Custom Dictionary
Jun 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me in "simple terms" how to convert my custom medical dictionary from one computer to another?  Boy, I sure hope so!  Linda ...

Add To Dictionary In Editscript
Jul 07, 2012

I had to have a tech come in and fix some problems I was having with editscript, but now my "add to dictionary" is not working. I was hoping to avoid another support ticket, but when I search on line, it just says create my own custom dictionary. Doesn't work. Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Spellcheck/dictionary Help.
Aug 27, 2012

My computer crashed this weekend and I lost everything.   I need a spellchecker word list for MS Word 2007 and Shorthand version 9.  Please help me fellow MTs!  Thanks in advance. ...

HOW DO YOU DELETE ENTRY FROM DICTIONARY
Nov 02, 2010

Does anyone know how to delete entries from user dictionary?  Thanks in advance ...

I Accidentally Deleted Alt+A, Add To Dictionary.
May 16, 2011

I was working on some macros and needed a command for changing text to Arial 11.  I'm thinking "hmmmm, Arial, A." Let's make it Alt+A.  Does it tell me that's already assigned to something?  Nooooooo.  I totally forgot it's part of the spell checker commands.  So now, when I do spell checks, I don't have the option to add words to the dictionary.  How do I get Alt+A back to it's original state?  I deleted the macro I'd made, ...

Shorthand Dictionary Question
Feb 11, 2013

I have several Shorthand dictionaries and am loading a new PC.  How do I prioritize one of the dictionaries? More than 1 has the same short cut phrase.  Thanks!  ...

Emdat Inscribe - Need Dictionary Help Please
Aug 16, 2014

Upon spellcheck once I've F7'd to complete a report, I accidentally hit Add on a misspelled word and now the misspelled word has been added to the dictionary as correct.  Is there anyone who can tell me how do find and delete that entry? Thanks in advance :) ...

Backup Dictionary And Auto Correct Entries
Dec 09, 2009

Can someone please tell me how to back up my custom dictionary and auto correct entries in Word 2000?  Thank you so much! ...