A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DSS voice file with a $ sign in front of it? - hmmm

Posted: Jul 29, 2011

I agreed to do some work in coverage for someone and the doctor sent files directly.  He uses an Olympus recorder that uploads on AS-4000 Pro Player platform.  Once uploaded, it sends each voice file out by encrypted email.  So I got the .dss file but it comes as

.$dss

In addition to the voice file, there is an .html file that contains the header information for the recording. 

I downloaded the DSS Lite Player, but it doesn't recognize the file.  Before I start downloading Switch, I wanted to ask if anyone has seen this and knows why it means.  I think if I don't buy the Olympus platform that would un-encrypt the voice file, I won't have access to it.  The office manager thinks I should be able to open it without getting the $200 player software. 

Does anyone know the answer to this?

$ sign or tilde in front means it's a temp file, not the actual file. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

$ in dss file - tom384

[ In Reply To ..]
A $dss file indicates it is an encrypted file. The ONLY way to decrypt is with the Olympus Pro transcribe software.

ty for your response - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
That was what I thought. It helps to get confirmation.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Know How To Convert Wma File To DSS Voice File??
Oct 13, 2010

Does anyone know how to convert wma file to DSS file?  I am using Express Scribe but, for some unknown reason, the sound quality is very poor.  I thought if I could convert this to DSS it would sound better on my computer. Any ideas?  Also, anyone know what else I could use besides Express Scribe (free) to play these files?  THANK YOU SO MUCH.   G ...

Voice File Programs
Jul 23, 2010

Is there a program out there that I can purchase other than Express Scribe that would make it easier for me to adjust things on so that I can hear the file a little better? Thank you ...

DJW Voice File Player
Sep 27, 2010

Hi! I got some DJW format of voice files to play.  I do not know what player play these files. Please help me and let me know the required player to play these. Thanks ...

Having More Than One Voice File Player
Jan 02, 2011

I currently use GearPlayer, and with one of my clients this is required for downloading voice files and uploading completed documents, therefore cannot get rid of it.  GearPlayer is fine for my other accounts as those voice files come via email and FTP and I save them to my system and they open and play on GP just fine. My issue now is if I want to apply with a company who requires ByteScribe or ExpressScribe - or any other player, those are just the two that I am looking at presently - c ...

Same Voice File. This One Sounds Like New Vru
Sep 26, 2012

bandage placed after the procedure! ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A Voice File Test...sm
May 11, 2011

By making silly mistakes that you can't even believe you made!? Oh, I did. Today. I think I would kick myself in the brain if I could. I feel so defeated. ...

Open Voice File In Olympus
Apr 25, 2012

Anyone know how to play a voice file that came with an email and when I open it, it calls up my Olympus player but it is not there when I look in each folder? I also tried to import the file and it does not go there either. thanks. ...

Medict -- DocQscribe Play Voice File
Oct 18, 2010

Hi, Anyone work for Medict in Florida.  I will be on DocQScribe accounts.  Do you like it.  Any pros/cons.  Anyone know on the DocQScribe system if you can start and stop the voice file by a keystroke.  No footpedal available at the moment so transcribing by keystroke to stop and play voice file.   Thanks for any information. ...

Express Scribe Only Voice File Transfer Software?
Feb 19, 2014

Is Express Scribe the only voice file transfer software? ...

HELP!! What Software Can Transfer Speech To Text From A Voice File Or Recorder?
Aug 16, 2010

I was looking for software(possibly free!) that will allow you to not only speak in microphone and transfer to text, but can transfer to text from a voice file or recorder. HELP!!!  Thank You! ...

On Any Front
Nov 10, 2013

Here's my observation for a Sunday for what that's worth   No matter what aspect of Nuance you work in, be it MLS OR QC, you are never good enough, never fast enough, never perfect enough, you are not the mind reader they had hoped they had hired.   If you pore over a job to leave fewer blanks, you are too slow. If you try to meet production, you leave too many blanks.  Oh, and don't try to point out errors on the account specifics cuz chances are they will never g ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

What Does The R Stand For In Front Of The Job #?
Mar 16, 2011

Hi - Had 2 transcriptions from a new hospital, and both had an R encased in a box in front of the internal job number.  Anyone know what this means? TIA ...

Front Sac Capsule?
Aug 02, 2011

Contrast material was injected to distend the front sac capsule for provocation.   Is FRONT SAC right?   ...

Doctors And Front End SR
Apr 27, 2014

Hospital where I worked before being outsourced kept a friend of mine on for QA. Now they don't outsource at all. Using a program like Dragon and the doctor dictating has to edit his own report. And QA is auditing the doctors! If the report is not accurate, the doctor is written up. No more blaming the MT for their mistake. ...

Front And Center-it Seems The LM People Who Got Their Pay Cut
Aug 17, 2010

are the lucky ones.  (see below threads)  I have received emails of many being just laid off without warning and MAYBE a week's notice.  Take this as a warning people!  We work at home and don't know what is going on until it is too late-except for MT STARS.  GET IT? ...

Any News Yet On The Coding Front?
Mar 19, 2014

or maybe not so patiently :-) ...

Synergy - Another Indian Front Company
Apr 28, 2012

When reading their website.  Little grasp of English grammar.  Misspelled words.  Typical foreign adjectives.  Bah! ...

Silent Type - Having To Pay Up Front To Train In Jersey!
Jul 08, 2011

Thanks for letting me know about having to pay up front to train in Jersey! I wouldn't even do that if we had the money when you don't know how awful of an account you may get or horrible platform. I was just getting ready to test. Thanks for the info! ...

So Sick Of Docs With 12-inch Thick Tongues! They Should Have To Use Front-end SR! NM
Jun 17, 2015

He Has A Negative *Jean* Sign. (Not G Sign.) Sm
Apr 14, 2011

He has intact bilateral radioulnar and median nerve sensation.  He has some weakness in grip on the left as compared to the right.  He is 4+/5 on the left, 5/5 on the right.  He has 4+/5 small finger abduction bilaterally.  He has a negative *Jean* sign.   ...

Webmedx Presents Award To Providers For Front-end Speech Implementation
Sep 17, 2010

This article was from July, I just found it. It may have been addressed back then, and if so I missed it. Here is one part of the article: "Currently in use at several Webmedx customer sites, the ability for physicians to capture documentation using front-end voice recognition and then self-edit their work reduces costs by 60% for every transcribed report." This is the link to the article: http://www.healthcareitnews.com/press-release/webmedx-presents-award-providers-front-end-speech-implem ...

Any Input Appreciated Re: Front-desk Optometry Office Work
Jun 21, 2012

I'm a former MT who decided I couldn't live "peaceably" with VR (LOL) and left MT a few months ago.  I've had some trouble finding a job outside of MT since then, though.  I'm willing to branch out, but I suspect that after many, many years of doing MT, some employers aren't willing to take a chance that I'd be happy long-term in a less-challenging job.  (The applications I most often get a response from are medical-type jobs.)  Maybe they'r ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

Abd. Exam, Negative "Boyd's" Sign Or "void" Sign??
Jul 31, 2010

Homan, Homans' Sign Or Homan's Sign? (NM)
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Is There A Way To File Myself?
Sep 23, 2010

I have not been paid by a person for some transcription work I have done for her in May and June.  She owes me $500.  It would cost that much to get a lawyer and court costs and such.  Is there a way that I can go forward with legal action on my own against her? ...

HOW TO FILE A NJA REPORT
Nov 22, 2009

I have been fortunate to have had work since the inception of TeamWork, and no longer know the procedure for filing a NJA report.  Do we do as before and contact support for a ticket number, then send an email to them with a copy to our CCM, or do we have to do something in TeamWork?   Will someone please inform me as to the correct way to file the NJA report?    TIA  ...

Only Receiving 1/2 Of A File
Jan 28, 2010

The doctor I work for, from his recorder into DSS software, can download a 47 minute DS2 file, but when he sends it to me....it is only 24 minutes, even though it is 9.5 MB.....any thoughts? ...