A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any news yet on the coding front? - Waiting patiently

Posted: Mar 19, 2014

or maybe not so patiently :-)

Not so far ... (im)patiently for me ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Dying to know something.

No, but it is now after 5 p.m. EST - So doubt anything comes today.

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you still access MMU?

I was able to earlier, but the link has now been disabled.

I posted right above you and no, can't get in anymore - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That's interesting ... we could all seem to get in earlier just fine except for one person. That one person posted that they couldn't get in anymore, there was a discussion about it and now all of a sudden none of us can in.

Someone from MModal must've gotten wind that we could still access course material. Interesting ...

I can still get in. Everything's the same as earlier. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
My test had to go to my personal e-mail, not my - MM e-mail, wonder if that matters. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
I used my personal email too. - shhhh
[ In Reply To ..]
And I got my rejection email there!
They used my personal one too. Who knows, I could get locked out any minute tho. - Poster above NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
To the person who can still get in: Was your test score in the 80s ... or 90s? - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Yes. - shhhhh!

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, unfortunately my test score was too low, which I suspected.

How were you contacted, and when? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
More importantly, what was your test score?

lol - reject here. - shhhh

[ In Reply To ..]
My score was low, I knew I wouldn't be considered. It was by email and it did not look like a group email although it was set up as though it could be. Just said thanks for my interest, but a lot of people tried and unfortunately my socre was too low. I will say it was not 90 or above! If that helps...
reject - - shhhh
[ In Reply To ..]
*score, yes I see mispelled. Looking at again, yes, probably group email; there was a ; behind my name in my email address.
Interesting... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I got under a 90 as well (mid-high 80s) and still nada.

Wish they would just drop the blade. I don't mind being a reject, just hate waiting for confirmation. LOL
Sounds like your score was the same as mine and haven't heard from them yet - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Mid-high 80s here too.
Rejection - shhhh
[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldn't give up yet; as they say, it's not over yet. My score wasn't even in high 80s. I wish I would have relied on the internet more but instead tried to cram information so...and many, many years since I've had A&P course. I knew there'd be people who would do well. Actually, this has got me a little more motivated in thinking about going back to school but approaching 50 and not sure if that is a good idea. :(
Makes me think there will probably be 2 waves - of rejects
[ In Reply To ..]
They now probably have to weed through a bunch of people who got the same score and choose among them based on "other criteria."

i had a very low score and no rejection yet - horrible test taker
[ In Reply To ..]
I freeze up when taking tests. I freaked out and did poorly. Oh well... next time maybe i will take a shot of wiskey first!
Well, my tea leaves are clearly flawed then. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe I will just assume based on my lock out of MMU, that I am for sure out.

I did wonder if it was an automatic lock out based on when you first opened the test. Mine locked pretty much exactly on the hour of when I tested last Wednesday, so exactly a week.

Whispering - did they e-mail you individually? - or did it look like a group email?

[ In Reply To ..]
I still have nothing and I really don't think my score was high enough to get me in, nor do I have coding experience.

I would have thought they would group email the "rejects."

I'm going to have an anxiety attack waiting. - Wine time. ;) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

me too - East MT

[ In Reply To ..]
i just want to know either way. this affects my whole summer. Hubby just picked up a second job and I will be anxious to know what my new schedule is should I get one.
Yeah, it is very short notice to potentially - turn your schedule upside down
[ In Reply To ..]
Hope it works out for you though.

Did you test early on? Wonder if they're going in order. - Nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Question - A&P Course

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone referred to an A&P course; what exactly does that mean. I am sure it is related to the type of test you were taking. I have tried researching it and still can find nothing. I didn't take the test; just curious as to what that means. TIA!
A&P = Anatomy and Physiology - shhhh
[ In Reply To ..]
A&P = Anatomy and Physiology. And to answer the other questions, I took my test on Monday and I just checked and so far, I can still get into MMU.
That bolsters my little theory. It is auto lockout - based on elapsed time. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
How does that bolster your theory? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They took the test on Monday and can still get in. I took the test early Tuesday and can't. Today is Wednesday. What is the connection with auto-lockout?
x - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Well then you popped my theory - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I only knew what day I had done it and what day shhh had done it. I obviously had no clue when anyone else had opened the test, as no one else mentioned it.

So I shall discard that little idea and just chill out and wait.

What was your test score? Or, at least a "range"? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Curious to know if ours were close.
So you took it the first day it was available? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

On Any Front
Nov 10, 2013

Here's my observation for a Sunday for what that's worth   No matter what aspect of Nuance you work in, be it MLS OR QC, you are never good enough, never fast enough, never perfect enough, you are not the mind reader they had hoped they had hired.   If you pore over a job to leave fewer blanks, you are too slow. If you try to meet production, you leave too many blanks.  Oh, and don't try to point out errors on the account specifics cuz chances are they will never g ...

What Does The R Stand For In Front Of The Job #?
Mar 16, 2011

Hi - Had 2 transcriptions from a new hospital, and both had an R encased in a box in front of the internal job number.  Anyone know what this means? TIA ...

Front Sac Capsule?
Aug 02, 2011

Contrast material was injected to distend the front sac capsule for provocation.   Is FRONT SAC right?   ...

Doctors And Front End SR
Apr 27, 2014

Hospital where I worked before being outsourced kept a friend of mine on for QA. Now they don't outsource at all. Using a program like Dragon and the doctor dictating has to edit his own report. And QA is auditing the doctors! If the report is not accurate, the doctor is written up. No more blaming the MT for their mistake. ...

Front And Center-it Seems The LM People Who Got Their Pay Cut
Aug 17, 2010

are the lucky ones.  (see below threads)  I have received emails of many being just laid off without warning and MAYBE a week's notice.  Take this as a warning people!  We work at home and don't know what is going on until it is too late-except for MT STARS.  GET IT? ...

DSS Voice File With A $ Sign In Front Of It?
Jul 29, 2011

I agreed to do some work in coverage for someone and the doctor sent files directly.  He uses an Olympus recorder that uploads on AS-4000 Pro Player platform.  Once uploaded, it sends each voice file out by encrypted email.  So I got the .dss file but it comes as .$dss In addition to the voice file, there is an .html file that contains the header information for the recording.  I downloaded the DSS Lite Player, but it doesn't recognize the file.  Before I start d ...

Synergy - Another Indian Front Company
Apr 28, 2012

When reading their website.  Little grasp of English grammar.  Misspelled words.  Typical foreign adjectives.  Bah! ...

Silent Type - Having To Pay Up Front To Train In Jersey!
Jul 08, 2011

Thanks for letting me know about having to pay up front to train in Jersey! I wouldn't even do that if we had the money when you don't know how awful of an account you may get or horrible platform. I was just getting ready to test. Thanks for the info! ...

So Sick Of Docs With 12-inch Thick Tongues! They Should Have To Use Front-end SR! NM
Jun 17, 2015

Webmedx Presents Award To Providers For Front-end Speech Implementation
Sep 17, 2010

This article was from July, I just found it. It may have been addressed back then, and if so I missed it. Here is one part of the article: "Currently in use at several Webmedx customer sites, the ability for physicians to capture documentation using front-end voice recognition and then self-edit their work reduces costs by 60% for every transcribed report." This is the link to the article: http://www.healthcareitnews.com/press-release/webmedx-presents-award-providers-front-end-speech-implem ...

Any Input Appreciated Re: Front-desk Optometry Office Work
Jun 21, 2012

I'm a former MT who decided I couldn't live "peaceably" with VR (LOL) and left MT a few months ago.  I've had some trouble finding a job outside of MT since then, though.  I'm willing to branch out, but I suspect that after many, many years of doing MT, some employers aren't willing to take a chance that I'd be happy long-term in a less-challenging job.  (The applications I most often get a response from are medical-type jobs.)  Maybe they'r ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...

Fox News And TAA
Aug 29, 2013

Fox News just did a segment on TAA cons/pros... but I missed most of it... anyone see it and have input? ...

TT News
Oct 29, 2014

Any opinions on the news today of office closing? Not many were named as being shifted to working at home. I hope that doesn't mean everyone else was let go. ...

Certification In Coding Or AA Degree In Coding??
May 11, 2010

Is there really such a thing as an AA degree in coding?  Sounds odd to me.  Health administration or management, or RHIT I can see, but coding? Is it not better to just become Certified even if you dont have an AA degree? ...

Coding School - Fate Of Coding Due To EMR
Apr 10, 2012

Wondering if there are any coders out there who can give me an idea of the fate of coding due to the EMR. Are there still coding jobs out there? Would it be wise to attend school for coding at this point or do you think it will be lost to the EMR eventually? I live in a rural area and there are advertisements for registered/accredited coders at medical facilities, but I'm afraid of spending all that time and money on schooling only to not be able to find a job. Any information/insight w ...

Coding :: Thinking About Changing From MT To Coding
Oct 07, 2013

I am thinking about changing from MT to coding.  Are there many opportunities to work from home with coding?  What would be a good school to attend? Thank you for the help. ...

Do I Need To Take An Actual Coding Course To Learn Coding?
Feb 26, 2014

My sister is taking an online coding course and complains that there is no real "teaching," that she's basically just doing the work in the work book and entering answers online, then taking an online chapter test.  This makes me wonder about the necessity of signing up for an actual course.  I would like to learn how to code, but to me, without any actual instruction, what's the purpose of signing up for one of these online courses? ...

Coding :: Age Restriction On New Coding Students?
Apr 15, 2014

Anyone know if MM has an age restriction on new coding students? ...

Which Coding Workbook Does Your Coding Program Use
May 20, 2014

Thanks for your response.  ...

Transcend/MDI News?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone know if there is another conference call scheduled soon?  I have not received notification, but it seems there should have been another scheduled for today if they are still doing the every-other-week thing as the last one was 2 weeks ago today.  Also, didn't they say packets would be distributed the first week of November?  ...

Sad News From Vermont
May 26, 2010

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100526/NEWS02/5260344/1003/NEWS02 Now our job pool is going to get smaller.   :( ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...