A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you want plenty of work try Focus - They do offshore at night BUT

Posted: Feb 10, 2010

They have taken on a couple dozen new accounts this year. They are a huge company and use Escription and Dictaphone Extext. They are owned by Dictaphone so rest assured they will have work when other companies are running out. The team leads are in America now, not in India. I would rather work for them and know I will get my lines and get paid than to make zero on another job because I'm pouting about working for a company that sends work to India. Just a FYI.

I sent my resume but no response and 17 years of experience - Apparently, they do not need anyone

[ In Reply To ..]
Like most people, I've been desperately looking for a job and have applied everywhere but NOTHING..

You must apply through their website - and get in their system that way (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

You do have to go thru the website or you SM - Just hired

[ In Reply To ..]
won't get the call. I'm finally escaping from my old job.

Focus testing - Job Seeker

[ In Reply To ..]
How is their application process and testing. I am getting so tired of testing and never hearing back or told you passed but then no one contacts you. I am just curious how their process is before I waste my time.
They will contact you because they are hiring - for all the new accounts n.m.
[ In Reply To ..]
n.m.
They are in the northeast with the storms - so they might be behind, not sure (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Entire testing/hiring process took 4 days for me. - Just hired
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Thanks for the informationb but I have another question - Job Seeker
[ In Reply To ..]
Did they go over the benefits, like cost of insurance etc. I'd like to find a company that offered decent family health insurance if that is possible. Also, do they still not offer PTO. They used to say you could take time off but it was not paid. I'm jus curious if I should pursue applying.
I was told there is paid and nonpaid time off, SM - Just hired
[ In Reply To ..]
I do not need family insurance, but the individual was just less than $90 a pay period (which is cheaper for me than where I am now).
How's their payscale? - Obscure1
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm at 8.5 straight, 4.5 editing...Did they offer more than that?

That's interesting... they e-mailed ME - asking me to reapply

[ In Reply To ..]
A year and a half ago I was applying everywhere and anywhere. Don't remember what result I got from them (I have it written down somewhere, because I wrote down everything for the unemployment police) but I went to work elsewhere.

Yesterday I got an e-mail saying they are having explosive growth, with large new accounts, and "If you have a minimum 2 years' experience in Acute Care hospital settings, as well as experience with ESL, Radiology and Oncology, we'd love to hear from you! We have immediate work on multiple shifts and platforms!"

It goes on to say their recruiters are waiting to hear from me, and I am welcome to apply via their website. How nice. I have a job I'm happy with... but I will certainly keep them in mind, just in case the current situation suddenly goes down the Kohler fixture....

So... if they went through old resumes from a year and a half ago and sent out a mass e-mail, they must be looking for new blood.....

After I had to be involved in a class action - lawsuit

[ In Reply To ..]
against them, I think I'll pass.

Focus - bored

[ In Reply To ..]
I just applied there! I have 8-1/2 years of MT experience and would like to get into editing or QA. I'm hoping I hear back soon!

Too many applications - Susan

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm concerned that with all the unhappy people out there, they will be flooded with accepted applications reducing the work flow for those who now are enjoying a nice living. It seems to be happening everywhere.

But they have a TON of new accounts - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Sounds like an ad to me. - lol

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Plenty Of Job Offers
Dec 01, 2010

So here is a blindly obvious question. With all of the job ads on this site, who is getting hired? Are they actually real jobs that are being posted by "real" people who actually need MT work done? Are any of you applying and getting these jobs. I have found that there is NEVER a shortage of MT jobs to apply for. There are ALWAYS ads on several sites soliciting the help of both experienced and newer MT's. As many MT's that are on this site I think I would here a few more success s ...

Plenty Of Work?
Sep 30, 2012

I will be starting second shift, Sunday through Thursday, with Nuance.  I have not given notice yet to the company that I am currently working for because I'm thinking of hanging onto them in case there is a shortage of work with Nuance.  Anybody else work this shift?  How is the workflow?  I've read a lot about people not being able to meet the full-time requirements to receive benefits because there simply is no work.  Is this true?  I'm a single mo ...

Plenty Of Work
Jan 26, 2013

Today I have had plenty of work without having to jump around all over the place.  I enjoy working at MModal.  They have been good to me and I have been fortunate to have supervisors who will work with me and I can work with them.  I feel very fortunate to have a job right now when so many others are out of work and cannot find them.  In the last 6 months, I have only had 1 day when there were no jobs available.  Within a couple of hours, my supervisor called and asked me to work on an acc ...

TTS- Plenty Of Work?
May 21, 2013

I have an interview with TTS tomorrow. Can anyone who currently works there tell me if they have issues with running out of work at this company? Thanks in advance! ...

Does Amphion Have Plenty Of Work?
Mar 31, 2011

Does Amphion have plenty of work?  I see they are advertising and was curious if there was enough work there.  TIA ...

Escription QC's, Do You Have Plenty Of Work
Aug 01, 2014

there is a LOT of work there and encouraging us to transfer there from Beyond Text. I'm not sure if I believe this though. How is the early morning workload generally? TIA for any info. ...

SS Ad: Plenty Of Work Available To Allow You To Earn What You Need TODAY!!! Sm
Jan 23, 2011

I average about 400-500 lines a shift (full time), so I guess if you can live on $36-45 a day, they are not lying. ...

How Are Things At SoftScript Now? Is There Plenty Of Work Now? Sm
May 25, 2011

I thought about applying, but there seem to be a lot of negative posts, although there were some stating that the work was flowing again.  Any information is appreciated. TIA. ...

Do Part-timers Have Plenty Of Work?
Aug 10, 2012

At least most of the time?  Thinking of changing status, but don't want to get into a no-work situation.  FT work available is already much less than used to be before Transcend buyout. ...

Silent Type MTs Plenty Of Work
Aug 21, 2012

I was hired and told there was plenty of work.  I could get all the pages I wanted.  I am seeing a patten of only 1-2 days a week where  I get work and the other days it just trinkles in.  Is the the normal pattern for the work flow??  If so, I may have to swim out of this stream real fast.  Any info you would be willing to share with me would be appreciated.  I left my last job because of low work volume but was getting more than this.  I came to Silent Type because I was promised pl ...

Thinking Of Applying At Synernet, Plenty Of Work??
Nov 12, 2013

I am so tired of trying to find that "perfect" fit for a company to work for.  Good companies are so few and far between and I just want to finally find a fair place.  It seems like the only companies left are MModal and Nuance and I wouldn't work for them for anything.  So, before I apply for Synernet, how are things there?    Thanks :) ...

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

Phoenix Medcom, Anyone? Are They A Good Company To Work For, Plenty Of Work, Etc.???
Oct 14, 2014

nm ...

Focus....HELP
Oct 14, 2009

Please let me know if there is anyone out there pleased with focus? I need to find a real job, not one that has no work! HELP!! ...

To Focus FT MTs
Feb 25, 2010

If you currently work FT with Focus could you share approximately or average of your gross montly income from Focus is. I am wondering if it is worthwhile to apply. I currently work as an IC and average $2000-2400 a month, which is fine but I have no benefits. I would like to have a FT job that provides insurance and PTO time but do not want to lose a chunk of my current income. Are you able to make what I currently do being FT? Thanks in advance for your input.  You can priv ...

Any Focus HR?
Mar 19, 2010

I worked for them previously and would love to to again.  Any contacts on this board? ...

FOCUS QA
Apr 30, 2010

I have been working at Focus now for 2 weeks.  I think everyone is nice.  All my QAs have seemed fair except today one QA (and only this one) counts off for blanks.  Well the team lead said you are not penalized for blanks when I hired on.  She said you won't be dinged for blanks.  Well so far I haven't had a QA to ding me for a blank, but today, as I said, one went to town on my reports and dinged for every single one I sent in.  My team lead isn't o ...

W-2 From Focus Yet? 
Jan 26, 2011

Has anyone gotten their W-2 from Focus yet?  ...

How Do You Focus When
Mar 22, 2011

There is such LOUD Indian-type music blaring in the background?  That is all I can hear.  The doctor is mumbling away and all I hear is Ooooohhhhhh, la le laaa, la le laaaaaa, la le laaaahha ha, ohoohohohOOOOOO, lo leeee luuu, loooo le luuuu.   HELP! ...

Focus
Dec 02, 2014

Recently I had the benefit of hearing someone speak on where our focus lies.  It wasn't a talk about employment at all, but I started thinking about it today as I read through the posts on this board. The jest of the talk was that if you focus on the negative you'll be grouchy, have more pain, be less productive, and generally be miserable.  If your focus is on the positive, though, suddenly you're happy in spite of miserable circumstances. I was hoping with this forum ...

OTI - "plenty Of Work Available."
Nov 09, 2013

Did y'all get the work status e-mail this morning? At the end it says, "as you can see, there is plenty of work available." How insulting. I have had no work for a very long time and this morning is no different. Who else doesn't have work this morning? Do ever wonder if work is being limited to those who have been there a long time and our CPL is higher than the new people they're hiring for those pathetic line rates? I think they want us long-timers to quit. ...

Know About Focus Infomatics?
Nov 13, 2009

What do you fine folks know about Focus Infomatics (sp)?  What kind of platform?  Thanks everyone in advance.  ...

Any Focus/Infomatics QC Out There
Nov 21, 2009

Anyone out there who is working as a QC for Focus Infomatics and making a decent living?  I'm newish to this position and am struggling to make a buck.  I need some comfirmation I made a good move.  So far, not so good and I'm hoping I get into a better groove quick enough to move and make some decent money.  Any success stories very much appreciated! ...

Help..someone With Information On Focus!
Dec 03, 2009

Could someone give me the dirt on Focus?  Hours, work, supervisors, QA, workload>  Thanks in advance!... ...

Focus Info
Dec 03, 2009

What does Focus Infomatics require for line count for FT and PT? How long do they allow you to come up to that? ...

Eyes Don't Want To Focus
Dec 04, 2009

My eyes do not want to focus today.  I have to actually think and make them focus on my computer screen.  I had to put my glasses on already today.  Does anyone else have this problem ever?  Is this an occupational hazard or is there something wrong with me?  I do work a FT job and a PT job totalling over 60 hours a week, maybe my eyes are just extremely tired.  ...

FOCUS PAY SCALE
Feb 11, 2010

I posted this question below but fear it will be buried. To those of you just hired at Focus, how's the pay scale? I currently make 8.5 straight/4.5 editing. Is it comparable to, higher than or lower than that? I'd never ask anyone to divulge their pay scale but I'm trying to get a feel for if it's better than where I'm at.  TIA to anyone willing to give me a ballpark hint here! ...

Focus- Can Anyone Tell Me If There Is Any Work To Go Around?
Feb 21, 2010

I want to apply because they said there are new accounts etc. Then, I checked the archives and as early as December, people were claiming to running out of work every day because a lot of the work goes to India. They also were told that there would be new accounts but somehow they vanished and they ended up with no work. I really want to find a good stable home with a lot of work but I am nervous now to apply. It seems a constant theme for companies to advertise NEW ACCOUNTS, HERE WE GROW AGAIN ...

Focus Informatics.....sm
Mar 11, 2010

They did get back to me and have gotten the ball rolling on my hiring now, so, hoping soon to get started with them.  I just got a little worried when I had sent in some personal info and then didnt hear anything, but we're getting it done now.  I'm lookin forward to it and hoping all will go well.    ...

Focus Info.
Mar 29, 2010

Is there anyone here that currently works for Focus? I'm having a lot of trouble getting started. I'm being QA'd to death. One minute they tell me to do something and another they tell me the opposite. I'm getting frustrated and I'm sick of doing ESL work. Some are fine, don't get me wrong. But, if the speaker mumbles, slurs and just generally does not speak clearly, please do not lecture me about not understanding him. I just need fellow sufferers/workers to vent t ...