A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How are things at SoftScript now? Is there plenty of work now? sm - Curious MT

Posted: May 25, 2011

I thought about applying, but there seem to be a lot of negative posts, although there were some stating that the work was flowing again.  Any information is appreciated.

TIA.

They just recently sent me a test. I clicked on the link and - found 3 errors immediately.

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not interested in being tested by a company that can't even get their test questions right!

I don't know why I applied. Had read this a few months ago. Waste of my time.

Sherry

I don't know about that but the recruiter thinks she is - a vampire in a haven! ROFL

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not kidding! About spewed my drink when I saw that!

That doesn't bother me. Wish they'd send me - a link to test.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Mostly happy - Vet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with Softscript for 7 months. No voice recognition, good pay per line, plenty of work right now. Their insurance is high, and the HR department doesn't exactly come on warm and fuzzy--and that recruiter can come on downright thuggy (but ignore her--you'll only have to deal with her once). You are not micromanaged at all. I pretty much like my accounts, and except for occasional frustration with the HR department, I'm happy at Softscript--and I've worked a few of the MTSOs and quit within a week, also stayed with a couple a few years. Once hired on, I find my coworkers very nice, professional people but don't interact with them much. In any case, I could never figure out why this board bashes Softscript so much. I'm very glad I went ahead and gave them a try. If you have to work as an MT in this day and age, and you have a professional attitude, I don't think you can beat them, really.

I agree totally - Happy at SS

[ In Reply To ..]
I am really enjoying doing traditional transcription again after several years of doing voice rec work. Lots of work, very easy platform.

Thuggy. How funny and very accurate. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

SoftScript -- Things That Make You Go Hmmm
Feb 16, 2012

I did a little investigation today, and I have learned that SoftScript, LLC (emphasis on the LLC that they use after their company name) is not registered with the California Secretary of State as a corporation or a limited liability corporation or anything of the kind.  This company has always acted in a shady manner, but now I'm really starting to wonder about them.  The Secretary of State staff member I spoke with today said that their office doesn't investigate ...

Medicak INK - Looking For The Good Things/bad Things
Aug 23, 2013

Considering making a move to this company.  Spoke with owner and she sounds delightful. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the company...anything at all!  Thank you! ...

Plenty Of Job Offers
Dec 01, 2010

So here is a blindly obvious question. With all of the job ads on this site, who is getting hired? Are they actually real jobs that are being posted by "real" people who actually need MT work done? Are any of you applying and getting these jobs. I have found that there is NEVER a shortage of MT jobs to apply for. There are ALWAYS ads on several sites soliciting the help of both experienced and newer MT's. As many MT's that are on this site I think I would here a few more success s ...

Plenty Of Work?
Sep 30, 2012

I will be starting second shift, Sunday through Thursday, with Nuance.  I have not given notice yet to the company that I am currently working for because I'm thinking of hanging onto them in case there is a shortage of work with Nuance.  Anybody else work this shift?  How is the workflow?  I've read a lot about people not being able to meet the full-time requirements to receive benefits because there simply is no work.  Is this true?  I'm a single mo ...

Plenty Of Work
Jan 26, 2013

Today I have had plenty of work without having to jump around all over the place.  I enjoy working at MModal.  They have been good to me and I have been fortunate to have supervisors who will work with me and I can work with them.  I feel very fortunate to have a job right now when so many others are out of work and cannot find them.  In the last 6 months, I have only had 1 day when there were no jobs available.  Within a couple of hours, my supervisor called and asked me to work on an acc ...

TTS- Plenty Of Work?
May 21, 2013

I have an interview with TTS tomorrow. Can anyone who currently works there tell me if they have issues with running out of work at this company? Thanks in advance! ...

If You Want Plenty Of Work Try Focus
Feb 10, 2010

They have taken on a couple dozen new accounts this year. They are a huge company and use Escription and Dictaphone Extext. They are owned by Dictaphone so rest assured they will have work when other companies are running out. The team leads are in America now, not in India. I would rather work for them and know I will get my lines and get paid than to make zero on another job because I'm pouting about working for a company that sends work to India. Just a FYI. ...

Does Amphion Have Plenty Of Work?
Mar 31, 2011

Does Amphion have plenty of work?  I see they are advertising and was curious if there was enough work there.  TIA ...

Escription QC's, Do You Have Plenty Of Work
Aug 01, 2014

there is a LOT of work there and encouraging us to transfer there from Beyond Text. I'm not sure if I believe this though. How is the early morning workload generally? TIA for any info. ...

SS Ad: Plenty Of Work Available To Allow You To Earn What You Need TODAY!!! Sm
Jan 23, 2011

I average about 400-500 lines a shift (full time), so I guess if you can live on $36-45 a day, they are not lying. ...

Do Part-timers Have Plenty Of Work?
Aug 10, 2012

At least most of the time?  Thinking of changing status, but don't want to get into a no-work situation.  FT work available is already much less than used to be before Transcend buyout. ...

Silent Type MTs Plenty Of Work
Aug 21, 2012

I was hired and told there was plenty of work.  I could get all the pages I wanted.  I am seeing a patten of only 1-2 days a week where  I get work and the other days it just trinkles in.  Is the the normal pattern for the work flow??  If so, I may have to swim out of this stream real fast.  Any info you would be willing to share with me would be appreciated.  I left my last job because of low work volume but was getting more than this.  I came to Silent Type because I was promised pl ...

Thinking Of Applying At Synernet, Plenty Of Work??
Nov 12, 2013

I am so tired of trying to find that "perfect" fit for a company to work for.  Good companies are so few and far between and I just want to finally find a fair place.  It seems like the only companies left are MModal and Nuance and I wouldn't work for them for anything.  So, before I apply for Synernet, how are things there?    Thanks :) ...

Phoenix Medcom, Anyone? Are They A Good Company To Work For, Plenty Of Work, Etc.???
Oct 14, 2014

nm ...

So How Are Things Going To Be Different After
Mar 27, 2015

midnight tonight?  If we've had to have mandatory OT for 2 weeks, what is going to all of a sudden change? ...

OTI - "plenty Of Work Available."
Nov 09, 2013

Did y'all get the work status e-mail this morning? At the end it says, "as you can see, there is plenty of work available." How insulting. I have had no work for a very long time and this morning is no different. Who else doesn't have work this morning? Do ever wonder if work is being limited to those who have been there a long time and our CPL is higher than the new people they're hiring for those pathetic line rates? I think they want us long-timers to quit. ...

How Are Things At Transtech?
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have current information on the working conditions at Transtech?  Is their insurance okay?  Do they have enough work? ...

Is Anyone Sticking Around To See How Things Go?
Feb 17, 2010

I recently lost my MT job with a pretty decent company.  It was due to lack of work.  I know this is happening a lot these days, and I've been reading a lot of the posts here.  I know that no field is perfect, but I have to do something.  How many of you plan on (or can) stick around to see how things go, and how many of you are going back to school or getting into a different field? ...

Things That Make Me Go Hmm
May 19, 2010

Have ya ever wondered, WHY is it that we get "audited" when we are having really, really bad work days? Why does the "computer randomly chose" (ha!) the most difficult, awful report to review?   My latest audit was on a dictator I had NEVER EVER DONE before, on a brand spanking new account, was 1098 minutes and ASR and ESL!  I got an 84%.  (Hey! as far as I'm concerned that should have been an A+++!!  Least I gave them something that looked like a report.) I a ...

MQ - Things Never Change
Sep 30, 2010

I worked for MQ many, many years ago when they bought the company I was working for.  From reading this board, it appears some things never change and only get worse.  I remember having to switch from one account to the other constantly and trying to keep track of client profiles.  Glad I am out of there!! ...

OTT Has Now Changed Up Some More Things...
Oct 15, 2010

All headers are now no longer counted in the line count. We're already out of work most of the time and now this. We don't get paid for cc's that we add or all the info on the pt before we ever start typing. I'd say when we do have work they're getting a lot of free work from us. ...

Offshoring, Things We Can Do.
Sep 14, 2011

First off, I am truly disgusted with our government for allowing offshoring to such a degree that it has taken most of our jobs away.  We have written and complained to no avail.  We do need to do some things on our own too.  I recently went shopping for my son's school supplies.  I read the labels to make sure things were made in America.  Ink pens:  The only ink pens I found made in America were Pilot pens, BIC were made in China.  I bought the Pilot pe ...

How Are Things Currently At Landmark?
Feb 07, 2012

xx ...

I Want To Change Things Here
Apr 08, 2012

Im know for my big mouth and speaking my mind...Everyone including me is on here bitching, that is counterproductive and makes for a long day..This job is an IMPORTANT job, not just every idiot can do it..I enjoy the challenges that come with it, even though there are times I would like to pull my hair out...With that I'm opening my mouth and making a move...So I am asking what you guys want me to include in my email...Constructive critism only please...I know most of the problems, but I do ...

I Know They Change Things
Aug 18, 2012

I know this b/c I specifically could not find a doctors name in the database for one particular job and I blanked it, wrote it down so I would remember the job number and what I blanked and when my corrections came through today, that name was filled in as if I put it there, there was no blank no more with a correction that I put in the incorrect name.  I know that I blanked it.  This is rediculous!!!  I can't wait to find another job!  ...

I've Had It, Done, Over. I Got Up Early To Get Many Things Done Sm
Dec 28, 2012

since I found out last night that I am having unexpected overnight houseguests tonight.  In-laws suddenly don't have room....Not only is my house a mess from entertaining both xmas eve and xmas while trying to get in work which was nearly impossible because there wasn't any, but I was low on food, my son had a doc's appt for a cough that he has had for 3 weeks now, and we are expecting a snowstorm tomorrow.  I ran around like a wild woman al ...

2 More Things To Watch For...
Jan 08, 2013

shorted on PTO accrual - waiting for call from HR - and QA now searching out very short reports, due to the 'nuance improved' QA calculation, 1 minor 0.25 error made my score 97.73! ...

Hey Ya'll At MM: How Are These Things Working
Feb 27, 2013

â€Â¢ Respect: We treat each other and our customers with respect, valuing individual and cultural differences and approaches to work. â€Â¢ Teamwork: We strive to create an environment in which everyone has a chance to showcase their individual talents. We build better relationships and produce greater results for our customers when we work together as a team. Our goal is to empower our people to work smarter and more effectively. â€Â¢ Customer Focus: We always seek ways to enhance the ...

How Are Things At Accentus?
Feb 28, 2013

How are things at Accentus?  I have an interview. ...