A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

plenty of work - alice

Posted: Jan 26, 2013

Today I have had plenty of work without having to jump around all over the place.  I enjoy working at MModal.  They have been good to me and I have been fortunate to have supervisors who will work with me and I can work with them.  I feel very fortunate to have a job right now when so many others are out of work and cannot find them.  In the last 6 months, I have only had 1 day when there were no jobs available.  Within a couple of hours, my supervisor called and asked me to work on an account that I had worked on before which I did, so I did make up my time.  I would never log into someone else's shift to catch up on whatever time I have lost.  I don't think it's right to take someone else's time.  I wish all of you peace and joy and may God Bless.

Dont tell us what you would do until you have been out of work - for over a month

[ In Reply To ..]
WE ARE TOLD BY THE CCM TO MOVE HOURS!

When the no work hits your area, and you have been without work for a month, then come on here and say what you will and will not do.

I know one thing is for sure, you will not let your family go without food, will ya?

don't tell us - alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no family, unless you want to count my cats. However, I too have bills to pay and responsbilities to keep. That is why, having no family, I would not work on someone else's shift and take their work when I know they're having a hard time.

You did... you made up your 2 hours - on someone else shift...

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess you not only brag, but you lie.
you did - alice
[ In Reply To ..]
let me clarify on this. I had NJA after 2 hours of working. I put in a ticket. I usually work 6 hours and a half hours to 7. My supervisor called me after about 2 hours (give or take) and asked me on my REGULAR SHIFT mind you, if I would do this particular account as I was familiar with it. I did what my supervisor asked me to do. I did not voluntarily go into someone else's shift nor did I go over mine.
Alice....you don't have to defend yourself.... - bell
[ In Reply To ..]
to these people.

your TSM may tell you you have to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Some TSMs will tell you to make up your time later. So what will you do if your TSM tells you that's what you need to do?

If you logged into another account for a couple hours - you took work away from an MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you even being serious right now?

You ran out of work, your super called within a couple hours (meaning you had 2 hours to make up--which according to you, you did), so in essence, YOU LOGGED IN TO SOMEONE ELSES SHIFT AND TOOK THEIR WORK!

Get flippin real and stop trying to shove your "holier than thou" crap down our throats.

Why don't you back off and quit shouting!!!!!!! - NONE

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad for her. She is offered work and she doesn't spit on them, she takes it and actually works. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who's shouting now - and the other person is right

[ In Reply To ..]
if you're willing to log into another account, what's so different about working different hours?

Ive begged for work... so have plenty of others - there is no work in our area

[ In Reply To ..]
WHATS YOUR PROBLEM?
Okay so come here and take it out on all those who - dont agree with you...that certainly is
[ In Reply To ..]
not gonna bring you work.
thats what your doing, taking it out on those without - work
[ In Reply To ..]
Why not just drop it already?
Huh? What did I say about people without work? - please, enlighten me.
[ In Reply To ..]
Show me where I said anything degrading to people who did not have work or what exactly I said to put someone down. Please bring it to my attention, as I dont get off on putting others down. I do however hate to see other people getting jumped on for no apparent reason.

I am happy for you.....I too had work all day.. - bell

[ In Reply To ..]
and it is my day to work so, can't complain.

So, Alice... - is this the response you were

[ In Reply To ..]
trolling for?

Me too, but...... - MTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am surely not going to come on here with my sanctimonious nose in the air and brag about it to people who are struggling to make a decent check until they can find something else.

Thank you. - nuf said

[ In Reply To ..]

How is shebragging? Seriously? I dont know if she - was troll or not, but if she

[ In Reply To ..]
was, you all sure took the bait and jumped on her like white on rice. Now if she had of said something like "I hate M Modal, they suck" then that would be okay huh?

I dont see how her posting about being happy with her job and having work makes her "bragging" sounds like a bunch of 5-year-olds. Its truly not that serious. Somebody posts they are happy and you all come out the woodworks to jump on them.
The part about not taking work from others - walk a mile in my shoes nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Maybe she has, maybe shes walked 5 miles in your shoes - or even 10. You dont know her situation no more t
[ In Reply To ..]
she knows yours.
go back to start - she said it has not happened to her
[ In Reply To ..]
Go back and read the initial post. She said only once has she ever run out of work. So I do know her situation.
No one said bragging... shes hasnt been without work - so she has no clue what she would do
[ In Reply To ..]
Even though she clearly states she wouldnt work any other MTs shift, yet she took 2 hours of work as make up for what she missed... TAKING OTHER PEOPLES WORK!

It's the swaggery tone.... - MTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I rarely post here because I'm overall happy with my job and most people who post here aren't. Therefore, if someone posts from her high horse with a tone like that, I will throw in my 2 cents in defense of the people who are really struggling. As we all know, this is not a place for happy people to post.
Absolutely right, thank you, absolutely! - none
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Sounds like Alice - is a contender for

[ In Reply To ..]
Amy's BN of the month award. Better hold onto that 10 bucks honey!

If she is a troll, she is probably sitting back laughing at - you guys for getting so worked up.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

If she is NOT a troll, then I'm Princess Diana. - Really. Shes the epitome of trollness. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey, I thought you died....nm - none
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

It's like salt in a wound - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's as though people like Alice read what we post about being out of work, fighting each other for any scraps of work we can get, begging CCM for weeks for work, and just type the opposite. They are so happy, have so much work, have good relationship with CCM, work on other accounts, never want to take others' work away, etc, etc.

It's like rubbing salt in a wound. They post these things, then invariably get people all riled up, and then come back and act all indignant, how dare we question them, we are the trolls, jumping on them like white on rice, etc. It sure gets old. When I first read Alice's post, I left it alone because I knew it was a troll hitting a raw nerve because of what has been posted today and the last few days. But it keeps happening and we keep responding. They keep bragging, we respond, and then they insult us, back and forth. Let it go.

They post that garbage, and yet we all know it's - just that: GARBAGE. No truth at all.

[ In Reply To ..]
Betcha she's not even gainfully employed.

I bet Alice is from India - non

[ In Reply To ..]

What a bogus-sounding post. Sounds like a - commercial for M*Modal. Pffft.

[ In Reply To ..]

Agree 100% - djr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Probably just a recruiter having a slow day... - LOL! - Meerkat nm

[ In Reply To ..]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now that was funny. - Seriously funny!

[ In Reply To ..]
I just had some Diet Pepsi and when I read your post, I just about spit the Diet Pepsi from mouth onto the computer screen. Hahahahahaha.

Wow! A ME, ME, ME? - So prideful!

[ In Reply To ..]
Regarding your last sentence: I wish you peace and joy and may God Bless you too! Although you know what God says about the prideful!

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

And you just got served....scripture style! - MTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yep! - Rubbing it in.

[ In Reply To ..]
:P
This is a very sick thread. How can you all sit here - and use the word of God in
[ In Reply To ..]
vain like that? The OP was not being prideful, but you sure just took biblical words and twisted them in order to try to condemn someone else. This is disgusting to see adults carry on like this. Makes me wonder what type of people are sitting on the other side of the computer screens. Sad, truly sad.

wow - alice

[ In Reply To ..]
If it's scripture you want, try this one then:
ephesians chapter 6 verses 5 through 7.
also try:
ephesians chapter 4 versus 29.

Go Ask Alice when shes 10 feet tall - GraceS

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Shifting MTs around and may take your work too - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Just be careful bragging like that. Certain BOBs in the North are overstaffed and they are moving MTs out and even to different regions where there is more work. So today you may have plenty of work, but once the transfers are complete you may be scrambling like the rest of us.

Im just doing what my supervisors asks me to - was asked to work other shifts

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told to go on during other shifts to get my hours in. If I want to keep my job, I do as I am told. I dont care if you like it or not. Oh well.

Alice, let me clue you in on something . . . - H

[ In Reply To ..]
in case you didn't notice, people are hurting right now. There's no work across the region, even for those who have been here for many years. People are worried whether or not they're going to be able to pay their bills or put food on the table.

If you have plenty of work, good for you - keep it to yourself. It's like pouring salt on an open wound, and I'm pretty sure you know that. There was no point behind your post other than to rub it in everyone's face, and it was completely inappropriate.

Now is not the time.

She doesn't care what we think - me

[ In Reply To ..]
This whole thread is full of posts trying to make the same point. She does not care. I seriously doubt she is even an MT. Who knows what's behind that kind of psyche that would want to kick a person when they are down. Certainly not compassion or sympathy or anything resembling humanity. Makes you wonder about the narcissism displayed in these posts. No point in trying to reach someone like that. I tried above, as have many others. This person just continues on and on, insisting on having the last word.
Really, I have only seen her post twice in this thread. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
well, four but thats only the ones showing the - name alice
[ In Reply To ..]
How many did she use another name on?
Probably the ones that were in her defense - Just sayin - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

I have to say, my supervisor told.... - bshel

[ In Reply To ..]
me the same thing. It never fails, if I need to work and call her, she says, yes there is work go ahead and get on. I do not do that anymore after reading the posts here. It is not fair to those who need their shift.

Did I miss something when I got hired?? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
All of these comments about "my shift" and "my work" are ridiculous. No one MT "owns" a specific account or a specific shift. We are put on whatever account they tell us to work on and our shifts are also at the whim of our employer.

So no one is taking anyone's work or their shift. The only thing you own as an employee is the right to quit if you don't like how things are done.

You are right and no, you didn't miss anything.. - none

[ In Reply To ..]
And, I know you are spot on in your thinking. After seeing the posts here, you learn to blame everyone/thing else for your woes. Yes, MM is a bad place to work. Interesting that posters just keep on keeping on and yet say how much they loathe the place...certainly doesn't make sense.

Similar Messages:

Plenty Of Job Offers
Dec 01, 2010

So here is a blindly obvious question. With all of the job ads on this site, who is getting hired? Are they actually real jobs that are being posted by "real" people who actually need MT work done? Are any of you applying and getting these jobs. I have found that there is NEVER a shortage of MT jobs to apply for. There are ALWAYS ads on several sites soliciting the help of both experienced and newer MT's. As many MT's that are on this site I think I would here a few more success s ...

Plenty Of Work?
Sep 30, 2012

I will be starting second shift, Sunday through Thursday, with Nuance.  I have not given notice yet to the company that I am currently working for because I'm thinking of hanging onto them in case there is a shortage of work with Nuance.  Anybody else work this shift?  How is the workflow?  I've read a lot about people not being able to meet the full-time requirements to receive benefits because there simply is no work.  Is this true?  I'm a single mo ...

TTS- Plenty Of Work?
May 21, 2013

I have an interview with TTS tomorrow. Can anyone who currently works there tell me if they have issues with running out of work at this company? Thanks in advance! ...

If You Want Plenty Of Work Try Focus
Feb 10, 2010

They have taken on a couple dozen new accounts this year. They are a huge company and use Escription and Dictaphone Extext. They are owned by Dictaphone so rest assured they will have work when other companies are running out. The team leads are in America now, not in India. I would rather work for them and know I will get my lines and get paid than to make zero on another job because I'm pouting about working for a company that sends work to India. Just a FYI. ...

Does Amphion Have Plenty Of Work?
Mar 31, 2011

Does Amphion have plenty of work?  I see they are advertising and was curious if there was enough work there.  TIA ...

Escription QC's, Do You Have Plenty Of Work
Aug 01, 2014

there is a LOT of work there and encouraging us to transfer there from Beyond Text. I'm not sure if I believe this though. How is the early morning workload generally? TIA for any info. ...

SS Ad: Plenty Of Work Available To Allow You To Earn What You Need TODAY!!! Sm
Jan 23, 2011

I average about 400-500 lines a shift (full time), so I guess if you can live on $36-45 a day, they are not lying. ...

How Are Things At SoftScript Now? Is There Plenty Of Work Now? Sm
May 25, 2011

I thought about applying, but there seem to be a lot of negative posts, although there were some stating that the work was flowing again.  Any information is appreciated. TIA. ...

Do Part-timers Have Plenty Of Work?
Aug 10, 2012

At least most of the time?  Thinking of changing status, but don't want to get into a no-work situation.  FT work available is already much less than used to be before Transcend buyout. ...

Silent Type MTs Plenty Of Work
Aug 21, 2012

I was hired and told there was plenty of work.  I could get all the pages I wanted.  I am seeing a patten of only 1-2 days a week where  I get work and the other days it just trinkles in.  Is the the normal pattern for the work flow??  If so, I may have to swim out of this stream real fast.  Any info you would be willing to share with me would be appreciated.  I left my last job because of low work volume but was getting more than this.  I came to Silent Type because I was promised pl ...

Thinking Of Applying At Synernet, Plenty Of Work??
Nov 12, 2013

I am so tired of trying to find that "perfect" fit for a company to work for.  Good companies are so few and far between and I just want to finally find a fair place.  It seems like the only companies left are MModal and Nuance and I wouldn't work for them for anything.  So, before I apply for Synernet, how are things there?    Thanks :) ...

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

Phoenix Medcom, Anyone? Are They A Good Company To Work For, Plenty Of Work, Etc.???
Oct 14, 2014

nm ...

OTI - "plenty Of Work Available."
Nov 09, 2013

Did y'all get the work status e-mail this morning? At the end it says, "as you can see, there is plenty of work available." How insulting. I have had no work for a very long time and this morning is no different. Who else doesn't have work this morning? Do ever wonder if work is being limited to those who have been there a long time and our CPL is higher than the new people they're hiring for those pathetic line rates? I think they want us long-timers to quit. ...