A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Touch base" phonecall from my supervisor - sm

Posted: Feb 19, 2014

What kind of fresh hell am I in for?  Anybody know?  TIA

Be prepared - John Doe

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be to fire you. Or to demote you.

You don't really know if it's ominous or harmless until the actual call.

I've been with them for years and this - Sm/OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Never happened before. So I'm pretty scared.

Touch base - Bobo

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't let the previous comment bother you too much. It happened to me and all she wanted to talk about was how things were going and if I wanted to take on another account.
Thx, bobo, OP - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
X

I wouldn't worry - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them until a year ago. There were several times I got such a phone call and was never fired! Sometimes it was to see if I would be willing to take on another account, or to switch accounts. I cannot think of the other reasons now, but don't sweat it until you need to. I would not expect bad news via a phone call -- they're not that courteous, unless they want something.
Thx/OP - Nm
[ In Reply To ..]
X

You don't even work for Nuance, am I right, John Doe? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Briefly... - John Doe

[ In Reply To ..]
For about 5 days, then they tossed me aside like yesterday's garbage.

Keep us posted - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Please let us know, OP, so we can all breathe a sigh of relief if it was just a "can you take another account" call.

Will do! OP - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'm the OP - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It was pretty neutral. Can't say much more without giving away my identity. It wasn't bad per se but I didn't get a raise or promotion, lol.

But at least it wasn't the worst, right? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, OP, for letting us know that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I'm relieved for you. :)
Thank you for your kind words - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
No, it wasn't the worst. There would be no cause to fire me. So I was really confused as to why out of the blue they had to speak to me in person. I tend to come unglued when I'm under stress. I overreacted when I got that email from my boss.
we all feel that stress - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
You aren't alone. I would feel the same way. The errors that they seem to create for me, not putting a comma, the words that they seem to hear that I obviously didn't - it all lends to extreme stress. I try and not let it bother me, but there are days that you just can't help it. I really enjoy typing for them, love my account, love my TSM (she is great and super helpful), the pay could definitely be better - had to take a 2nd job but at least I have extra money now which on just their pay I never had.

Similar Messages:

Needing To Touch Base About Something
Feb 09, 2013

In the past week my team has gotten several e mails. Main topic covers 2 things: Poor quality (a huge number of major errors being reported to sup), and the other Quantity (people are not living up to the required new lph by the new compensation plan.  E mails indicated people will be receiving phone calls about this, and poor quality will be terminated from account.  Nothing said about what happens with the lph lower than compensation plan, but did say phone calls will be made. Regar ...

Touching Base
Dec 14, 2011

I would be interested in touching base with some of the folks who were recently acquired by MQ in the EMT buyout.  I am finding the transition painfully difficult and wondering if I am the only one... ...

Don't Be Shy, How Many Took At Least 1 Cent Base Pay Cut
Jun 15, 2012

After becoming Nuance employee? I'm curious if any 9-centers (and up) got to keep their pay after mergers. ...

MD IN TOUCH TESTING
Jan 25, 2011

Has anyone done the testing for MD in Touch yet?  I got an email to test.  I haven't done it yet and was just wondering how it was.  I wonder if it has the written and transcription or just transcription, probably both.  I just dread testing.  I work for Nuance right now but need part time work to supplement too.  Well, if anyone has any info on the testing or how they are to work for, I would appreciate it.    ...

How To Get In Touch With DIT Transcription?
Nov 08, 2011

Does anyone know how to get in touch with DIT Transcription? ...

Losing My Touch
Aug 07, 2012

I hope it is okay.  I just need to vent a little.  I just got a new job with a very reputable company ( I prefer not to say which one) and yesterday was my first day.  I knew I would be on 100% QA.  I found out yesterday that I am only allowed to type 3 reports a day until I am off QA.  I am so upset.  I understand they have to make sure I am typing things accurately and according to format but 3 reports a day ?  Then later this afternoon I heard from the big b ...

Anybody Work For MD In Touch?
Jan 07, 2014

I went to their website, didn't see anywhere to apply, but I emailed and asked if they were hiring. Work there? Do you like it? ...

S/l Base Motor Symptoms
Oct 13, 2010

patient is on Prempro. had hot flashes at one time. obviously this "symptom" is menopausal related. any ideas?? ...

Is It A Base Plate Or Baseplate As In
Nov 24, 2014

thanks in advance ...

Base Plate Or Baseplate? Please
Jun 22, 2015

Google shows baseplate, all the QA examples have it as base plate.. ex. The tibia was exposed and a size 3 baseplate was placed ...

MD IN TOUCH Based In Florida
Jan 21, 2011

Does anyone have any info on MD In Touch based in Florida.  TIA ...

What The Heck Does Shrinking Cost Base Mean.
Aug 19, 2010

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:aRYbCNbTPgQJ:www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-reports-second-quarter-2010-results-with-revenue-up-26-primarily-due-to-spheris-asset-acquisition-in-april-2010-2010-08-11+medquist+restructuring&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a   The following results for both the three months and six months ended June 30, 2010 include the Spheris results from the acquisition date. Prior to its acquisition, Spheris had been ...

Decreased Breath Sounds At Right Base With (s/) E:A Changes...?
Aug 07, 2011

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help! ...

Where Is Base Rate Located In Ultipro?
Feb 11, 2012

Where in the heck can I find my base rate for transcription and ASR.  I used to see it before but for some reason I cannot find it.  TIA ...

S/l Okayindrum Application On An I-Touch Phone/sm
Feb 06, 2013

Ocular exam by ophthalmologist... Dictator says "An s/l okayindrum application on an I-Touch phone was used individually on each eye and separately." Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Anyone Used Trackball Or Touch Pad Keyboards For Editing?
May 17, 2014

I'm so sick of having my right hand have to bounce back and forth from trackball to home keys, and arrow keys back to home keys it is much slower than transcription.  I also lose time having to constantly stop and feel for the home key position.  I did a search for keyboards and found two that have the trackball or touch pad in the middle lower portion of the keyboard so you can do what used to be mouse work with your thumbs and it looks like your fingers don't have to leave ...

X-ray Report/healing 5th Metatarsal Base Fracture
Nov 21, 2011

There is progressive healing of the fifth metatarsal base fracture overlying anatomical alignment. (s/l Trabecular _________) seen crossing previous fracture line. Thank you ...

Deborah's Touch Or Medtranscription. Any Info On This Company? Sm
Jun 09, 2010

Goes by both company names.  Any help would be appreciated.  They are in Phoenix, Arizona.  Thank you. ...

Soft Touch Keyboard For Excessive Typing
Aug 31, 2011

I need some of your opinions on soft touch keyboard for excessive typing.  Anyone have a favorite? ...

How To Help A Sticky Keyboard? Keys Seem To Be A Hard Touch But
Jun 22, 2014

Seems like for a while now the keys take a harder touch, sometimes they don't connect and I have to hit a key twice. it's a microsoft wireless comfort keyboard, model 1027.  I have taken canned air and blown dust and cat hair out of it,  wondering if using alcohol swabs gently in each key mechanism might help?  Space bar works well, seems to be only specific keys that stick or don't connect well. Backspace is one of the sticky ones.   Any suggestions apprec ...

Patient Has 2-3/6 _______ Beating Sound Left Base
Oct 19, 2012

s/l:  Patient has 2-3/6 _______ beating sound left base.  Lungs are clear ...

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

Super Good Keyboard With A Light Touch Response?
Jun 21, 2010

Has anyone any suggestions for a super good keyboard with a light touch response?  I hate the keyboard that came with my work equipment, bought another, but the keys clatter when I type and it's distracting.  Before I get a new one, I'd like to get some suggestions.  Thanks in advance my co-workers!  ...

Ortho Word - At Which Point A Curvilinear Incision Was Extended Into The Base Of The HYPOTHENUM
May 14, 2014

Doc dictating carpal tunnel release OP note. He states "at which point a curvilinear incision was extended into the base of the HYPOTHENUM, volar aspect of right wrist." I cannot verify that "hypothenum" is actually a real word. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks. ...

What Do You Do When You Can't Get A Supervisor
Mar 31, 2010

to respond to e-mails or phone calls?  I have never had a supervisor before that just wouldn't respond and I don't know what to do.  Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Changes-Changes--A New Supervisor, What Next?
Sep 13, 2010

Changes-Changes--A new supervisor, waht next? ...

Per Supervisor
Nov 03, 2014

Keep checking and keep track of down time.  Get the system back up so we can work.  PLEASE ...

What Would You Do About A Supervisor
Jan 11, 2015

who totally ignores your high priority emals for weeks and doesn't deem you important enough even to send you a a quick answer? What kind of a place or mentality would do that? Makes me feel like I'm just a little pissant. ...

Supervisor Suddenly MIA?
Aug 23, 2010

Try Google.  Amazing what you find. ...

DTS/Transend Supervisor/TL Both Not Available
Jun 01, 2011

I haven't worked for DTS long, but knew Transcend was taking over and so far that looks good.  I have had problems getting straight answers from DTS supervisor since hired, like when the supervisor, TL, and QA people were on duty.  The nice recuiter told me she would get me a list without my asking, but forwarded the request to my boss who said she didn't know why I needed this information.  Really?  Isn't this the first information eve ...