A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Don't be shy, how many took at least 1 cent base pay cut - SeaMT

Posted: Jun 15, 2012

After becoming Nuance employee?

I'm curious if any 9-centers (and up) got to keep their pay after mergers.

SM for reply - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
Went from 11.5 straight and 8.5 edited...

Recently applied for UE due to 50% pay reduction. All the work I get is edited, paid at the 4.45 (I think) rate, so that actually puts me at less than 50% what I used to make. Will update if I receive any UE benefits. Clearly, I am struggling financially, so I am praying to receive some benefits. Can't find another job to save my life. Stuck.

UE - headed that way

[ In Reply To ..]
Please keep us updated. A lot of us are wondering what is in store for us. Thanks!

UE - Pixie

[ In Reply To ..]
DO NOT get discouraged, folks!!!! My unemployment HAS BEEN APPROVED. For those of us who have not been getting work provided by our employer during our scheduled shifts, the term used by the unemployment people is "underemployed". FILE, FILE, FILE!!

update - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
I was denied because I still work 40 hours a week. Originally, I was told I may be eligible, but then some one else told me I was not. I haven't gotten anything official, was just told over the phone that I could not collect because I work 40 hours.

ex wmx - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine went from 9.25/line to 8.5/line, not quite a whole cent lower but close. I no longer work here though.

ex cmt - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I went from 10/5 to 8/4, ended up leaving the field.

pay cut - mtsl

[ In Reply To ..]
And would anyone comment on how long it took for their pay to be cut after being aquired? Trying to plan ahead... Thank you.

mine was cut 2.2 cpl - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
was making 10.2 cpl everyone was changed to 8 cpl ... now merger with Transcend has us worried again...will we get cut back down??

Probably. Transcend has a lot of suit salaries to - cover so it has to come from somewhere.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

transcend suits - hoping

[ In Reply To ..]
Hoping that some of these suits that sold us down the river will have their karma catch up to them and be next to be unemployed or underemployed themselves!
Don't count on it. Those suits are sitting pretty as a - result of this merger.
[ In Reply To ..]
Nice replenished bank accounts and travel planners on speed dial. What a life!

Similar Messages:

Gout S/l Cry Es Cent
May 28, 2010

Under assessment, gout s/l cry es cent.  ...

1/2 Cent Per Word
Oct 28, 2012

Does anyone know what a 1/2 cent per word would come out to be from transcribing, say, like a 20-page document?  I just saw a company advertised on Indeed.com and it said 1/2 cent per word.  I am like, What? ...

Why Would We Write An Essay Praising A 3 Cent Cut
Mar 24, 2010

in pay for not guessing for a blank? What are they thinking?!?! ...

Question About Zillionth Of A Cent Increase ? Sm
Apr 13, 2010

remember email few weeks back with our so-called "increase" in line rate.  mine was an magnificent 0.001 per line but didn't show up in last paycheck.   Was this error/missed or did they decide we weren't worthy of that huge amount of money either.   ohhhh my aching head .... ...

.03¢ A Line VR Editing
Sep 29, 2010

Was just trying for a job with a company, sent my resume, asked me what hours I was looking for, how much experience I had and then dropped the bomb that they only pay 3¢ a line for VR editing.  Is there anyone out there making a decent wage doing editing for so little?  ...

Regarding: • Re: INSCRIBE - BooBear
Feb 20, 2013

I can't post a public reply on that thread.  The only option is "reply by email." Is it just me or is that normal for the company board?  I don't want to send an email.  What is up?  ...

Legality? This 1 Cent Per Line QA Punishment
Aug 21, 2014

Has anyone reported MModal (or Nuance, I think Nuance does it too) to the Department of Labor for this QA crap?  I only make 0.04 and they're taking 0.03 !?  I don't think so.  I am so angry.  Responses appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Possible 3 Cent A Line Paycut But WHOA I Get AHDI And
Mar 02, 2010

After sleeping on this.  I am so mad that my hands are shaking.  I have WONDERFUL reference material of my own - printed, online and software.  What are they GIVING me?  So to those of us who have a certain client who is KNOWN for poor audio CONSTANTLY, popping, hissing, squealing, fading in and out -- not to mention the over abundance of ESL dictators who not only cannot speak English but eat, yawn and whistle while they are dictating -- we have been told for all ...

Newbie .07/cent Line.. .Good Start?
Mar 05, 2011

Just got hired! Waiting for some response... is .07/cents line worthy starting pay?? ...

Touching Base
Dec 14, 2011

I would be interested in touching base with some of the folks who were recently acquired by MQ in the EMT buyout.  I am finding the transition painfully difficult and wondering if I am the only one... ...

My Thoughts Regarding A Company Paying 6 Cent Per Line For Transcription.
Oct 20, 2010

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Wages were more than that 15 years ago!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Tee hee hee hee hee.  You just might get a newbie but you certainly will not keep them long!!!! Oh, ho ho ho ho.  HA HA HA HA!  Why don't you hire a brain surgeon for $30,000 a year?  He he he he he.  Above minimum wage; he should be impressed.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wait - there is more.  Hohohohoho, hahahahahahahahahaha.  I ju ...

S/l Base Motor Symptoms
Oct 13, 2010

patient is on Prempro. had hot flashes at one time. obviously this "symptom" is menopausal related. any ideas?? ...

Needing To Touch Base About Something
Feb 09, 2013

In the past week my team has gotten several e mails. Main topic covers 2 things: Poor quality (a huge number of major errors being reported to sup), and the other Quantity (people are not living up to the required new lph by the new compensation plan.  E mails indicated people will be receiving phone calls about this, and poor quality will be terminated from account.  Nothing said about what happens with the lph lower than compensation plan, but did say phone calls will be made. Regar ...

Is It A Base Plate Or Baseplate As In
Nov 24, 2014

thanks in advance ...

Base Plate Or Baseplate? Please
Jun 22, 2015

Google shows baseplate, all the QA examples have it as base plate.. ex. The tibia was exposed and a size 3 baseplate was placed ...

What The Heck Does Shrinking Cost Base Mean.
Aug 19, 2010

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:aRYbCNbTPgQJ:www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-reports-second-quarter-2010-results-with-revenue-up-26-primarily-due-to-spheris-asset-acquisition-in-april-2010-2010-08-11+medquist+restructuring&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a   The following results for both the three months and six months ended June 30, 2010 include the Spheris results from the acquisition date. Prior to its acquisition, Spheris had been ...

Decreased Breath Sounds At Right Base With (s/) E:A Changes...?
Aug 07, 2011

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help! ...

Where Is Base Rate Located In Ultipro?
Feb 11, 2012

Where in the heck can I find my base rate for transcription and ASR.  I used to see it before but for some reason I cannot find it.  TIA ...

X-ray Report/healing 5th Metatarsal Base Fracture
Nov 21, 2011

There is progressive healing of the fifth metatarsal base fracture overlying anatomical alignment. (s/l Trabecular _________) seen crossing previous fracture line. Thank you ...

Patient Has 2-3/6 _______ Beating Sound Left Base
Oct 19, 2012

s/l:  Patient has 2-3/6 _______ beating sound left base.  Lungs are clear ...

Ortho Word - At Which Point A Curvilinear Incision Was Extended Into The Base Of The HYPOTHENUM
May 14, 2014

Doc dictating carpal tunnel release OP note. He states "at which point a curvilinear incision was extended into the base of the HYPOTHENUM, volar aspect of right wrist." I cannot verify that "hypothenum" is actually a real word. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks. ...

S/l "Hawkins Wright" Examination For Base Of Tongue, Epiglottis, AE Folds.
Jun 08, 2010

Hawkins Wright examination performed today revealed a normal appearing base of tongue, epiglottis, AE folds, arytenoids, false vocal cords, and true vocals cords with normal true vocal cord movement.   ...

Vertebral Base Of The "system" Is Intact.
Feb 17, 2011

It sound exactly like system, but I've never heard that and cannot verify it.  Woud that be correct?   Thanks, mt ...

"Touch Base" Phonecall From My Supervisor
Feb 19, 2014

What kind of fresh hell am I in for?  Anybody know?  TIA ...