A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The President last night encouraged CEOs - sm

Posted: Jan 29, 2014

to pay their employees more of a living wage. Does anyone think he will listen to the President?

Nah. He and the JP Morgan guy - are having a good laugh

[ In Reply To ..]
about that this morning while getting their massage, mani and pedi.

Minimum wage - Pollyanna

[ In Reply To ..]
This industry has cut our pay in half over the last 3-4 years. I would get a raise just to work for Walmart now.

Increase in minimum wage = increase in production minimums! - FrustratedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
This has been discussed here before, but I truly believe that if the minimum wage gets increased that our minimum LPH requirements will just go up! For a day spent typing in JUST speech, that'd be a minimum of 250 LPH to avoid MUP!

We should contact our legislators and urge them to not only increase the minimum wage, but put in protections for those paid on a production basis, so that the work requirement doesn't go up, but rather the amount we're paid does!

That's a 137.9% increase of wages... so speech should go up to $0.055 and straight transcription should be $0.11! Do you think that will happen? NO!

he talked about onshoring too - I said to my husband

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe some, but not my company!

Not likely anyone will listen, until they start - receiving consequences for not -

[ In Reply To ..]
paying a living wage. And as it stands right now, big corporations get REWARDED for underpaying, in the form of more ill-gotten gains for THEMSELVES.

Similar Messages:

Feeling Very Encouraged
Jan 02, 2010

I just wanted to thank those who shared that have been with this company for more than 10 years.  I have really been feeling unloved by MQ lately.  There have been a lot of changes since I've been here, and I've only been here since early 2006.  Been worried also lately about being let go or being laid off.  I don't know, you just gave me some hope somehow and I wanted to thank you all for that.  I guess my job isn't that bad after all.  And we d ...

ASK THE SET! New MQ CEOs Email....sm
Jul 16, 2011

Ok we all got the email from our new CEO.  But if you go all the way down to the bottom of the page he gives an email address and encourages us to send our questions, ideas and concerns.  Anybody going to really tell this guy what's going on at MedQuist these days? And what exactly does Ask the Set mean??  ...

Nuance CEO Made The List Of Worst CEOs
Dec 25, 2014

See link about the 7 worst CEOs of 2014.   #5 Paul Ricci, Chairman and CEO, Nuance Communications Despite having acquired all his competitors and now having an effective monopoly on the voice recognition technology used in smartphone, healthcare, customer service, and a broad array of other applications, Nuance’s (NUAN) long-time CEO still can’t seem to figure out how to make money or organically grow the business. The stock is trading near five-year lows and this is Ri ...

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

President's Day
Feb 19, 2014

Didn't realize it would affect my workflow so much. ...

So Tired Of Everyone, EVEN THE PRESIDENT,
Oct 05, 2012

mixing up the words "offshore" and "outsource."  Outsource is what the hospitals do when they send transcription to M-Modal or whomever.  Offshore is when it goes to our "international labor partners" in India.  Outsourcing jobs we can live with; offshoring is starving us to death.  Get it right already!!!!!!!!! ...

KS Pay Question About President's Day
Feb 12, 2013

We normally get paid on the 17th - but it falls on a Sunday this time, which means we SHOULD get paid 2/18/13.  Got an email that we have to wait until 2/19/13 to get paid now.  I have an email from WAYYYYYYYYYYYY long time ago from the owner that if this happened, we would get paid the previous Friday - anybody else have that email?  Is this legal? ...

My Letter To President O'Bama
Oct 13, 2009

Dear President Obama:How's the new job?  Keeping busy?  Financial security?  I'll bet.  Are the American people keeping the mortgage on the White House up to date?  Great.  Kids have everything they need?  Wonderful.  The American dream.Me?  I lost another job to offshoring - AGAIN!   It's funny, I can't seem to find any concrete figures on just how many U.S. jobs are offshored.  There are only estimations by different a ...

President Obama In India
Nov 08, 2010

While President Obama is touring India, I sure hope he finds our jobs, loads them onto Air Force One, and brings them back to us...along with the wages that we once earned.  Instead though, we'll probably just get T-shirts (made in China) that say "I are a global MT." ...

President's Day On Monday And Softscript
Feb 20, 2011

It means that if you do ACH you get your pay 9 days after you should have gotten your pay.  Think about what that means for your bank account versus what it means for their bank account.  It is significant when multiplied by hundreds of employees.  It means much worse if you get an actual check in the mail. ...

Wrote My Senators, Congressman, AND The President
Jun 15, 2010

Well, we will see what kind of response I get back.  I'm not expecting much, but I thought it was high time i did my part in contacting my representatives and the White House about the sad state of OUR union :) ...

Webmedxers, Did Any Of You Write The CEO, President, Etc. About Things? Sm
May 03, 2011

I have already written them a very "level-headed but concerned" toned email about the way my job has changed. I included the "round-robin" work where we get work from lots of different accounts. I also mentioned that, in my opinion, the new MT director isn't treating people the way she should. All of this is affecting the quality and quantity of our work and will lead to patient error and damage our relations with clients. I mentioned how Webmedx seems to have changed. And then I gave some ...

The President's Speech About Independent Contractors
Jan 25, 2012

The President gave a speech today/yesterday (work the midnight shift so it is still today).  He was talking about the independent contractor thing.  Here is that part of the speech.  Is there any hope for me?   Helping Middle-Class Families Win the Future .....blah....blah....blah.... and then: Ensure Proper Classification of Employees to Protect Benefits.  When employees are misclassified as independent contractors, they are deprived of benefits and protections to w ...

Has Anyone Thought About Writing A Letter To The President?
Jun 22, 2014

Not necessarily pen and paper, but I saw where one can email the President.  I don't know if anyone has done this or not regarding the sad state of affairs our profession has become, but it might be worth a try.  I will do it even if no one else does.  I mean, what could it hurt?  Of course, it would be in a respectful way and all.  Otherwise, I will see the men in the dark suits at my door.  I will explain about what it used to be like and then what it has bec ...

President Of AHDI Advises Us To Train As Coders Or In EHR.
Mar 20, 2012

The latest issue of Plexus (MT industry journal) makes reference to the fact that the president of AHDI told a group of MTs to start training either as coders or in some EHR capacity.  Her point is having a broad base is our best bet at keeping/getting a good job in rapidly changing HIM these days. ...

Ever Had One Of Those Night?
Aug 18, 2010

Tonight was one of those nights.  Computer problems:  I did a report, my first report at that, and it froze up on me.  Waited for it to just go on its own like it normally does when that happens and it never happened.  I finally said screw it I'm just gonna type it over.  Well it was locked, by me of course, and I don't even know if I'm going to get paid for it.  Then when I'm finished with that ordeal - NJA!!!!!  Great!!!!  No wo ...

Another Night Of The
Dec 05, 2012

dictations...why am I always stuck with the worst speakers out there.  I know there are good ones on this account, but D....when I am taking 20 minutes to edit a 5 minute piece of crap there is a problem with that!!! ...

Third Night In A Row With NJA In North. Nm
Feb 16, 2010

nm ...

You Know The MT Field Is Bad When Even The Fly-by-night...
Mar 26, 2010

You know the MT field is bad when even the fly-by-night "work-at-home" make $20 an hour companies don't even advertise for MT anymore.  My husband has been job hunting and we've been checking the online job search engines daily.  I haven't seen one single ad like we used to see on the matchbook covers.  Now they have a different scheme.  It's all work at home in call centers and make $20 an hour.      ...

Night Jasmine
Jun 02, 2010

At the risk of more of your wrath, I need to clarify that I do get dressed (usually jeans and a T-shirt or sweatshirt in the winter) -- I just do not get dressed up like I did for the office.  Thank you for your suggestions, but my home, family committments, and budget do not allow a lot of shopping and lunching.   ...

Why All The Night Work?
Aug 13, 2010

I have been watching these posts for a while now about everybody switching to nights and weekends and having no work.  Why the big push for everyone to change to nights and weekends?  I have worked in acute care for a long time and granted some of the dictation comes in in the evenings, but graveyard -- not so much.  It would seem that there would be enough people WANTING to work evenings and weekends for various reasons -- work around a spouse's job, children's schedule ...

Night Differential
Mar 26, 2011

The current extra for a report, for the night differential is .0900 per my understanding - can someone tell me what it was before the most recent change (approx. 2 mos ago or so)? Thanks   ...

My Big Laugh For The Night
Mar 29, 2012

ESL doctor:  "The patient lives on farm.  He milks the cows, horses, mules and chickens." Chickens are mammals?  All this time those wings and feathers had me fooled, but then again, they never could fly to prove it...  This is the same guy who once said a patient worked driving a "lift-fork" and another one of his patients was "stung by a black widow recluse spider."  And to think, this man makes 5-10 times what I do... ouch... if only someone had told me as a teena ...

My Son Called Me Last Night
Jul 09, 2012

coming to a Holiday Inn where he lives. He said they advertised "Medical Transcription jobs - earn $40,000 a year!"  He thought I could use a good laugh. Thanks, son. ...

I Posted Last Night About New Job
Jul 19, 2012

First of all, I apologize for coming across as "gloating."  I really didn't mean to do that.  I have been working sporadically since February, for a few of the companies that have been mentionned on the company board, and i have posted my experiences with them, U-Scribe being one, Inscribe being one and Mediscribes being another to name a few examples.   I am technically "homeless, having lived in a motel since I relocated, but thanks to friends and family, I h ...

Another Night Of Dictation
Dec 19, 2012

and i'm getting paid what again for this.  I really despise that it is taking 20+ minutes to EDIT this POS 1.34 minute dictation all b/c the dr has not learned how to speak and I have a Q full of his crap work.  Such a shame I can't get paid more for each speaker that is difficult...oh what am I saying, I am lucky to get paid at all for doing the dictation.  After all, half the work that I do, I am doing for free.  Ugh i had to vent my frustration!! ...

Night Shift
Jul 03, 2013

I have a question for anyone working night shift. if you work from 11 pm on Tues to 7 am Wed, does that time count for tues or wed. Thanks. ...

This Is A First. Work All Night.
Nov 28, 2014

I have always NJA on Thanksgiving. I have had a full shift of work. ...

ILP Vs US Coverage At Night
Mar 03, 2015

A week or 2 back someone asked what the HDS/SHDA coverage was during the night in reply to a post about coverage during the daytime.  if still curious here are the approximate numbers from midnight.  ILP workers:  1500 US workers:  186 From that last post, during the day it was:  ILP workers:  1095 US workers:  837 ...

I Seriously Had A Dream Last Night
Apr 09, 2015

emptying trash cans in a large factory or hell or somewhere with winding corridors and endless rooms, and was actually sad this morning when I woke up and it wasn't true.  My life is pathetic. ...