A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So tired of everyone, EVEN THE PRESIDENT, - no name

Posted: Oct 05, 2012

mixing up the words "offshore" and "outsource."  Outsource is what the hospitals do when they send transcription to M-Modal or whomever.  Offshore is when it goes to our "international labor partners" in India.  Outsourcing jobs we can live with; offshoring is starving us to death.  Get it right already!!!!!!!!!

tomato tamaaato - irrelevant

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont care what they say as long as the work comes back home.

words and meanings - build a bridge

[ In Reply To ..]
Outsource -- to send your work outside of your company. Says nothing about what shore. (Although it DOES use outsourcing to China as an example)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/outsource?s=t

You can outsource offshore.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/offshore?s=t

In the MT business, we've just come to think of offshoring as sending work off of our shores.

But the president, nor anyone else, is not wrong when saying jobs have been outsourced to India/China/Pakistan/Philippines, etc. Sort of like someone is not wrong to call use transcribers but it sure does put some MTs' panties in a twist.

have to agree with build a bridge. Also, doubt when President - speaks, he is directing to just MT world. SNM

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep in mind he does not have us in mind, in particular.

You mean the "57 states" guy? - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
If he can't even get the number of states in the country right, why would anyone expect him to know the difference between "offshore" and "outsource?"

Yikes - Outsourcing is as much

[ In Reply To ..]
a problem as offshoring. Ya better think about that one a bit more than you have.

Hospitals pay decent wages, outsourcers aka MTSOs most often do not. That is how they cut costs and also why hospitals choose them to take the work over. They do it cheaper.

Think about how they get the "cheaper." It isn't by treating their staff well.

I think most of us know the difference. - outsource or offshore - Not to hard to

[ In Reply To ..]
figure out when reading the context of whats being posted regardless of which word they use, I think we all know what they mean.

I get very sick and tired of that, too. I saw a post on here - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
not too long ago that said since they were named Transcription Outsourcing, they sent overseas. I am very irritated by people thinking that. It just means we can work remotely. Offshoring is sending offshore..overseas!

Similar Messages:

Tired Of Stress, Tired Of Crying, I HATE MY JOB!!!!!!! Nm
May 19, 2010

nm ...

President's Day
Feb 19, 2014

Didn't realize it would affect my workflow so much. ...

KS Pay Question About President's Day
Feb 12, 2013

We normally get paid on the 17th - but it falls on a Sunday this time, which means we SHOULD get paid 2/18/13.  Got an email that we have to wait until 2/19/13 to get paid now.  I have an email from WAYYYYYYYYYYYY long time ago from the owner that if this happened, we would get paid the previous Friday - anybody else have that email?  Is this legal? ...

My Letter To President O'Bama
Oct 13, 2009

Dear President Obama:How's the new job?  Keeping busy?  Financial security?  I'll bet.  Are the American people keeping the mortgage on the White House up to date?  Great.  Kids have everything they need?  Wonderful.  The American dream.Me?  I lost another job to offshoring - AGAIN!   It's funny, I can't seem to find any concrete figures on just how many U.S. jobs are offshored.  There are only estimations by different a ...

President Obama In India
Nov 08, 2010

While President Obama is touring India, I sure hope he finds our jobs, loads them onto Air Force One, and brings them back to us...along with the wages that we once earned.  Instead though, we'll probably just get T-shirts (made in China) that say "I are a global MT." ...

President's Day On Monday And Softscript
Feb 20, 2011

It means that if you do ACH you get your pay 9 days after you should have gotten your pay.  Think about what that means for your bank account versus what it means for their bank account.  It is significant when multiplied by hundreds of employees.  It means much worse if you get an actual check in the mail. ...

Wrote My Senators, Congressman, AND The President
Jun 15, 2010

Well, we will see what kind of response I get back.  I'm not expecting much, but I thought it was high time i did my part in contacting my representatives and the White House about the sad state of OUR union :) ...

Webmedxers, Did Any Of You Write The CEO, President, Etc. About Things? Sm
May 03, 2011

I have already written them a very "level-headed but concerned" toned email about the way my job has changed. I included the "round-robin" work where we get work from lots of different accounts. I also mentioned that, in my opinion, the new MT director isn't treating people the way she should. All of this is affecting the quality and quantity of our work and will lead to patient error and damage our relations with clients. I mentioned how Webmedx seems to have changed. And then I gave some ...

The President's Speech About Independent Contractors
Jan 25, 2012

The President gave a speech today/yesterday (work the midnight shift so it is still today).  He was talking about the independent contractor thing.  Here is that part of the speech.  Is there any hope for me?   Helping Middle-Class Families Win the Future .....blah....blah....blah.... and then: Ensure Proper Classification of Employees to Protect Benefits.  When employees are misclassified as independent contractors, they are deprived of benefits and protections to w ...

The President Last Night Encouraged CEOs
Jan 29, 2014

to pay their employees more of a living wage. Does anyone think he will listen to the President? ...

Has Anyone Thought About Writing A Letter To The President?
Jun 22, 2014

Not necessarily pen and paper, but I saw where one can email the President.  I don't know if anyone has done this or not regarding the sad state of affairs our profession has become, but it might be worth a try.  I will do it even if no one else does.  I mean, what could it hurt?  Of course, it would be in a respectful way and all.  Otherwise, I will see the men in the dark suits at my door.  I will explain about what it used to be like and then what it has bec ...

President Of AHDI Advises Us To Train As Coders Or In EHR.
Mar 20, 2012

The latest issue of Plexus (MT industry journal) makes reference to the fact that the president of AHDI told a group of MTs to start training either as coders or in some EHR capacity.  Her point is having a broad base is our best bet at keeping/getting a good job in rapidly changing HIM these days. ...

So Tired
Dec 09, 2009

I have sent tons of resumes, NOT ONE reply, NOT ONE call...I have 14 years of experience and I need a job ASAP.  Used to be easy to find a job in this field.  I am so tired and disheartened by these companies who place ads, but do not take the time to even respond via auto reply or ANYTHING.... ...

Same Tired Old Job Ads
Jul 14, 2010

I wonder if we'll ever again see a job posting that looks attractive and isn't posted by one of the big mouthed bass that has taken over the industry. ...

Another One....i'm Tired
Nov 16, 2010

If it appeared degenerative or (sounds like synovenectin) she would like a mini open ...

NJA : I'm So *%^&* Tired Of Having To Sit In This
Mar 14, 2011

Cleaning up elephant-poo would be more exciting and rewarding than this. Likely far more lucrative, too. ...

Too Tired To Think
Aug 24, 2011

Pt has a thumb laceration with nerve repair.  Doc dictates:  His Tinel's sign is past the DIP now. I've never heard mention about the Tinel's sign being past the DIP.  Is this correct?  THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!! ...

Tired Of It Yet?
Oct 07, 2011

Almost everything I read on this board expresses a common thread of disgust with the Q.  If you really hate that the work is going to India, if you really hate that MedQuist is a greedy heartless monster, and if you really despise what is happening to our medical records because of this company, why keep helping it out by staying and helping them make more money by paying slave wages?  I see these words and phrases:  unethical, greedy, corrupt, lower and lower wages, wor ...

Are We Tired Enough Of ISR?
Jun 26, 2012

Are you as tired as I am of making dumb little corrections in the ISR system? This morning, I am spending all my time “uncapitalizing” regular words in the middle of sentences. Where does it come up with the underline in the middle of laboratory values (1._4). It adds a colon after dates and this morning the abbreviation, MD, is after some of the headings. There are no paragraphs. I delete numbers in a list because they are never right and it is easier than going back and changing the ...

So Very, Very Tired Of This
Apr 08, 2013

I do not like working this late.  But, this is generally when the work is available and I understand that it is my best chance of getting work.  Not very many people on my account on a Monday night.  I see 23 reports, op notes, that are easy lines, require an insert, and right when I am about to begin to be able to download them, all of them are gone.  This happens all the freakin time.  Somebody had to pull and assign them for them to disappear in a chunk like that.&nbs ...

I'm So Tired Of Seeing Ads Looking For Help -
Apr 14, 2014

at the following places - TTS, SoftScript, Nuance, FutureNet, StenTel, Keystrokes, TransTech...and so forth and so on.  These companies need to sit back and ask themselves - hmmmmm why can't we keep MTs employed, why doesn't anyone want to work for us, why do we always have ads posted on the job boards....... ...

Tired Of This
Aug 16, 2014

I've been feeling the desire to hang up transcription for good..tired of the nitpicking..the no raise in pay..the feeling of being anonymous..etc...put application in at the hospital.  Yes, I have loved being at home for a really long time now but getting to where I just hate this. Is there life after transcription?  Suggestions appreciated! ...

So Tired Of It All
May 05, 2015

I'm so tired of doctors putting in the wrong patient name, sounding like they're talking through a garden hose, and mumbling. ...

Testing And Tired :(
Nov 29, 2009

It is getting very hard to even find the energy to test anymore. I have tested till I am blue in the face and dont understand why it is so hard to get a job in this profession. I graduated top of my class with a 3.98 and you would think I would have had a job by now. I did not think it would be this hard to land a good job but wow this really is a hard profession to get started in. I seem to do well on the test and dictations but they always send me emails telling me they have already filled th ...

TIRED OF NO RAISES, VERY LITTLE PAY
Nov 30, 2009

Visit:  http://www.opeiu.org/ContactUs/tabid/100/Default.aspx We deserve to be protected:  "Your right to form a union is protected by long-standing U.S. labor laws. While most employers use all kinds of excuses why unions aren’t needed and put up challenges to block organizing efforts, workers succeed every day in building powerful employee organizations. OPEIU can provide you and your co-workers with the tools and support needed to organize a union where you work. You can ...

I Am So Tired Of The Trash!!
Dec 09, 2009

One of my backup accounts is nothing but garbage.  Almost completely ESL.  They can BARELY speak English as it is, but they also choose to whisper and talk as if they have a mouth full of marbles.  I have the volume completely turned up and I can still barely hear them.  My reports are going through today looking like they've been shredded with a machine gun with all the QA markers. I just don't have the energy or patience today to try and figure out what the h3ll ...

Tired Of Testing
Dec 16, 2009

Does anybody know of MTSOs that don't require transcription testing?  I'm so tired of spending time testing only to be offered very low cpl in my opinion.  I've been an MT for 20+ years and am trying to find a part-time job.  However, all this testing is really starting to wear me down.  Aren't there any MTSOs out there that just call references anymore?  I'm an IC and have lots of references and regularly do fill-in ...

Where Are You Sick And Tired? Doing Okay?
Apr 02, 2010

You doing okay?    ...

Tired And Discouraged
Jun 24, 2010

I was recently laid off as the account I was working on went to India.  I desperately need to be working as I have 2 kids to support.  I was offered a job at 0.03 a line editing.  I am debating whether I should accept this as it falls under the heading of  a job is better than no job and waitiing in the employment office really sucks and unemployment only pays $300 a week and this has to be more than that, right?  So my question is, do I take thiis and if so what kind of ...

This Job Makes Me So Tired
Apr 13, 2011

It doesn't matter that I get enough sleep. MT makes me tired, sitting at the computer for hours on end. Anyone experience this? ...