A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Third night in a row with NJA in north. nm - shipwrecked

Posted: Feb 16, 2010

nm

it's the luck of the draw - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
anymore around here in the north area. Sometimes you get to play and other times have to fold. I've been dealt mostly jokers since the merger and nothing's wild! Anybody up for a game of solitare? :)

Similar Messages:

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

Interim QA Gone - North Or West (or North By Northwest) With Apologies To Alfred Hitchcock !
Apr 05, 2011

Ours from the West has (thankfully) gone back to being another MME like the rest of us poor mortals.  I found her e-mails to be bossy, snippy, condescending and picky to the point of absurdity.  The frosting on the cake was the recent e-mail that said MT's are to be held at fault if the doctor makes a mistake on a lab value, med dosage, etc.  Some people get a little taste of power and become unbearable.  I, for one, bid her a joyful farewell because ...

Anyone Who Doesn't Have Work Ask To Move To North, North Is Swamped
Oct 19, 2013

If your bob never has work, ask to move to the north. We even got an e mail from the head of work routing, stating they need everyone to work.  That never happens.  If you need work and are constantly out, ask to move. ...

Ever Had One Of Those Night?
Aug 18, 2010

Tonight was one of those nights.  Computer problems:  I did a report, my first report at that, and it froze up on me.  Waited for it to just go on its own like it normally does when that happens and it never happened.  I finally said screw it I'm just gonna type it over.  Well it was locked, by me of course, and I don't even know if I'm going to get paid for it.  Then when I'm finished with that ordeal - NJA!!!!!  Great!!!!  No wo ...

Another Night Of The
Dec 05, 2012

dictations...why am I always stuck with the worst speakers out there.  I know there are good ones on this account, but D....when I am taking 20 minutes to edit a 5 minute piece of crap there is a problem with that!!! ...

You Know The MT Field Is Bad When Even The Fly-by-night...
Mar 26, 2010

You know the MT field is bad when even the fly-by-night "work-at-home" make $20 an hour companies don't even advertise for MT anymore.  My husband has been job hunting and we've been checking the online job search engines daily.  I haven't seen one single ad like we used to see on the matchbook covers.  Now they have a different scheme.  It's all work at home in call centers and make $20 an hour.      ...

Night Jasmine
Jun 02, 2010

At the risk of more of your wrath, I need to clarify that I do get dressed (usually jeans and a T-shirt or sweatshirt in the winter) -- I just do not get dressed up like I did for the office.  Thank you for your suggestions, but my home, family committments, and budget do not allow a lot of shopping and lunching.   ...

Why All The Night Work?
Aug 13, 2010

I have been watching these posts for a while now about everybody switching to nights and weekends and having no work.  Why the big push for everyone to change to nights and weekends?  I have worked in acute care for a long time and granted some of the dictation comes in in the evenings, but graveyard -- not so much.  It would seem that there would be enough people WANTING to work evenings and weekends for various reasons -- work around a spouse's job, children's schedule ...

Night Differential
Mar 26, 2011

The current extra for a report, for the night differential is .0900 per my understanding - can someone tell me what it was before the most recent change (approx. 2 mos ago or so)? Thanks   ...

My Big Laugh For The Night
Mar 29, 2012

ESL doctor:  "The patient lives on farm.  He milks the cows, horses, mules and chickens." Chickens are mammals?  All this time those wings and feathers had me fooled, but then again, they never could fly to prove it...  This is the same guy who once said a patient worked driving a "lift-fork" and another one of his patients was "stung by a black widow recluse spider."  And to think, this man makes 5-10 times what I do... ouch... if only someone had told me as a teena ...

My Son Called Me Last Night
Jul 09, 2012

coming to a Holiday Inn where he lives. He said they advertised "Medical Transcription jobs - earn $40,000 a year!"  He thought I could use a good laugh. Thanks, son. ...

I Posted Last Night About New Job
Jul 19, 2012

First of all, I apologize for coming across as "gloating."  I really didn't mean to do that.  I have been working sporadically since February, for a few of the companies that have been mentionned on the company board, and i have posted my experiences with them, U-Scribe being one, Inscribe being one and Mediscribes being another to name a few examples.   I am technically "homeless, having lived in a motel since I relocated, but thanks to friends and family, I h ...

Another Night Of Dictation
Dec 19, 2012

and i'm getting paid what again for this.  I really despise that it is taking 20+ minutes to EDIT this POS 1.34 minute dictation all b/c the dr has not learned how to speak and I have a Q full of his crap work.  Such a shame I can't get paid more for each speaker that is difficult...oh what am I saying, I am lucky to get paid at all for doing the dictation.  After all, half the work that I do, I am doing for free.  Ugh i had to vent my frustration!! ...

Night Shift
Jul 03, 2013

I have a question for anyone working night shift. if you work from 11 pm on Tues to 7 am Wed, does that time count for tues or wed. Thanks. ...

This Is A First. Work All Night.
Nov 28, 2014

I have always NJA on Thanksgiving. I have had a full shift of work. ...

ILP Vs US Coverage At Night
Mar 03, 2015

A week or 2 back someone asked what the HDS/SHDA coverage was during the night in reply to a post about coverage during the daytime.  if still curious here are the approximate numbers from midnight.  ILP workers:  1500 US workers:  186 From that last post, during the day it was:  ILP workers:  1095 US workers:  837 ...

I Seriously Had A Dream Last Night
Apr 09, 2015

emptying trash cans in a large factory or hell or somewhere with winding corridors and endless rooms, and was actually sad this morning when I woke up and it wasn't true.  My life is pathetic. ...

'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Dec 01, 2009

I am looking for the poem "Twas the Night Before Christmas" for transcriptionists . Does anyone have this? ...

Medication S/l Clorazepin...100 Mg 1 In Am 4 At Night....
Feb 04, 2010

No 100 mg dosing under clorazepam, definite "in" or "ine" at the end of medication.... ...

Night Schedule Sleeping
Apr 18, 2010

Just started a new job (this will be my second full week) and I am working Sun-Thurs 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.   I actually have work all night and no NJA screen popping up.  My problem is I start to fad about 4 hours in and hard to stay awake.  Anyone working this shift or 11-7 or whatever, when did you sleep?  I go right to be at 6 a.m. and can sleep about 6 hours (that is about all I slept when I worked the day shift and had no problem).  I have tried taking a nap before ...

Night Timers, You Are My Idols . . . .
May 05, 2010

dear night timers --  i normally work days, but just wanted to let you know that after filling in for a couple of shifts working nights that I appreciate you guys now more than ever.  I do not know how you do it day in/day out (or is that night in/night out?)  Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I have a new appreciation for the night timers who work thru the night.   It was an eye opener and it was actually nice to walk in someone else's shoes for once! ...

Late Night MT Amusing Myself
May 10, 2010

I wonder if any other late night MTs find things are sometimes really amusing...I know that it helps me to stay awake sometimes. I just had a medication list, but it seems that this patient got stuck at the beginning of the alphabet.  The patient's seven medications were:  Adderall, albuterol, Advair, Ambien, amantadine, Amaryl and Adalat. Makes me wonder if they going to start on the "B" medications next. lol What do some of the other late night MTs here do to help themselves ...

Another Friday Night Of Having To Shut Down
Nov 26, 2010

While that stupid background virus scan is working on all workstations!!! Can the management people who work behind the scene not get it through their heads that this interrupts everything?? Geeze. My computer locks up every single time this thing runs and it always runs every Friday night. They must be using some updated Java thing with the program because that is what locks me up. My computer has an older Java version that they are using and right in the middle of running their scan, Java mess ...

OK, I Know I Wasn't Dreaming Last Night When I ...
Mar 10, 2011

tried several times to go to this site and it either would not load or a couple of times it went to some totally different site...had a picture of a dog on it, forget what the text on it said but it was something similar to "MT stars". Please tell me I'm not the only one.  I gave up getting on the site last night and this morning the site came right up. ...

There Was A Story On The News Last Night
Oct 17, 2011

She worked as a coder at a hospital that was bought/taken over by some new HMO (don't remember the name of it), and during staff meetings, they were telling the coders to replace one symptom description, such as "dizziness/fainting" with a more generalized neurological condition, because that condition caused the insurance companies to pay the hospital more.  The condition they wanted her to put was something rarely seen, one doctor said he saw 2 cases in ...

Heard On The Radio Last Night...
May 10, 2012

that sitting all day is probably just as bad for you as smoking or being obese.  The good news is that even just standing up about every 20 minutes or so is beneficial to ward off the bad effects.   ...

Night Shift Differential??
Jul 22, 2012

Does Nuance pay night shift differential?  Finding any info about pay and benefits for Nuance is next to impossible?  If they do pay differential, does anyone know what it is? Thank you.  ...

Late Night Note...
Jan 24, 2013

We seem to have lost our ERs at this large hospital in LA.  Place your best on Epic or India. ...

Fluency Unresponsive Last Night
Jun 26, 2013

Last night an hour before shift end, I tried to upload job.  Fluency froze. Usually it comes back on in a few seconds, but when I tried to  close the program by the X at top right, it wouldn't work.  Even pressing Control Alt Delete said program unresponsive, and program wouldn't close.  I didn't want to give computer the hard boot but I called the Help Desk and they said that is what I had to do.  I had to press OFF key for 8 seconds and computer turned o ...

Night Shift Differential
May 01, 2014

Is the differential for late work shown as a separate line item on the paystubs?  I'm not sure if I'm getting paid for it.  Just seeking info.  Troll away if you like. ...