A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I posted last night about new job - nn

Posted: Jul 19, 2012

First of all, I apologize for coming across as "gloating."  I really didn't mean to do that.  I have been working sporadically since February, for a few of the companies that have been mentionned on the company board, and i have posted my experiences with them, U-Scribe being one, Inscribe being one and Mediscribes being another to name a few examples.   I am technically "homeless, having lived in a motel since I relocated, but thanks to friends and family, I have been at least to keep a roof over my head.   I had a recent (within the last month) situation, where I was hired "word of mouth" from being on another board.  My internet service decided to go "funky" that day, as well as losing power and I only have a cell phone for communication.  When I was finally able to have both, I sent an email, as well as contacting the MTSO by phone, informing her of what happened and the fact that I wold be available for set up, training etc.  (This was not a national company by the way).  I received an email from her the next day "terminating the contract."  All of this because of being due to weather and connectivity issues as well of where I was geographically at the time.  

My issue with U-Scribe was the fact that with format, looking up doctors etc., I truly was not making money  - I was doing 30-35 reports a day with them and MAYBE getting 500 lines  -- that and the fact too, that the brain had to switch to British English (not really hard), but my biggest issue with them was the lady in charge of hiriing telling me that MOST of their MTs did 100 reports a day.  Because of my age, that is hard for me to achieve, and I really think it is hard for the majority to achieve when you are dealing with account specs in the UK and Ireland.

Inscribe is a very different company -- I balked at 7 cents a line (after 32 years in the business).  I found people there, incluiding the owner to be extremely rude.   I was hired by Mediscribes out of KY  -- people remoting into my computer, all Indian-based techs and being on IMs with them and they are wanting to "remote into my computer" without calling first. 

With the new company that I hired on with, I dealt wtih a lady who is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about computers.  She remoted in, noticed software that I had on my computer and told me to take out Spybot and a few other programs and replace with Superantispyware and Malwarebytes -- both free, HOWEVER, you have to update EVERY time before these programs are run.

The company that hired me is small  -- on their website, they don't even have a phone number listed, but I am in direct contact with the main person at the medical facility where I contract from via emails and I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get a response.  The pay could be better, but I know too, that this job isn't going away soon.  I really truly apologize, I wish I could give the name out, but the company website dosen't even list a contact number. 

I really would like all of you to stop and think  -- sometimes it is the luck of the draw.  There are those of us that have been available to a company and even though it is a weekend, we know there is TAT to be met.  The general mentality that I see lately though, is again not working weekends, wanting 9-5 and having done QA as wel, I am shocked at what I see.  I leave a blank, try to research it at that point, if I can't find it, I go back in and listen again and most of the time, I can catch it.  I am of the days of MT as well, where we could contact other employees and someone would call me "for an ear," and I could generally pick it up. 

Sadly, this profession has turned into a money generator for too many people and of course now, with wages beiing what they are, it's quantity over quality.

Off the box for now

so why do you keep posting the same thing - blah, blah

[ In Reply To ..]
We get the fact that you will not tell anyone the company name, even through an email, so whatever. You made your point yesterday. So why bother coming on here and doing it again.

Is this going to be a daily occurrence?

Also, the MTSOs made it quantity over quality, not the MTs. So, maybe you should climb back on your box and complain to them!

XXXXX - get off her back

[ In Reply To ..]
First y'all ganged up on her yesterday for being grateful about finding a job she enjoyed, now this.

Let the people who want to share the positives alone. If your life is miserable, be miserable alone without having the rest of us being colored by your nastiness.

To the OP: Sounds like you've looked for a home (job) for a while. I hope things begin to turn around for you now.

Not quite sure why OP had to add this... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
"I really would like all of you to stop and think -- sometimes it is the luck of the draw. There are those of us that have been available to a company and even though it is a weekend, we know there is TAT to be met. The general mentality that I see lately though, is again not working weekends, wanting 9-5 and having done QA as wel, I am shocked at what I see. I leave a blank, try to research it at that point, if I can't find it, I go back in and listen again and most of the time, I can catch it."

So, MTs that haven't found a great company yet don't have good work ethics. HUH? Condescending...and makes me question their motive even more than I did before.
mebee because you want those hours? - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you are one of those that wants the 9-5 no weekends gig? Plus, not working for days, then, showing up to cram lines in at end of pay period. The OP was right in what she voiced.
No, just "mebee" you have no idea what your talking about - big ole fat head
[ In Reply To ..]
I actually prefer to work from 2 am until 10 am, and prefer working Sunday night through Thursday night. So, the OP is not right in saying everyone wants those shifts. Also, at the company I work at, you are not allowed to jump on whenever to cram lines in. Usually the one who knows how to skirt the system, is skirting the system. Look in the mirror and get over yourself already.
Big ole fat head???? How old are you? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Uh "mebee" no. I like where I work... - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
..DO have weekends off, and have shared it on this board if you do a search. I've not had to job-hop and this is only the second company I have worked for in 20 years. I've only taken two (PAID) sick days in the last three years, attain my production incentives every pay period, and enjoy my accounts on a first shift schedule, 30% VR/70% straight, with regular appreciation emails from my supervisor for helping out extra whenever asked.

However, unlike the OP, I certainly wouldn't tell other MTs that if they don't have a similar situation it's because they don't have a good work ethic!
So true, MT work ethics are not at issue, MTSO ethics are the problem. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The MT world has changed. Most of us work at least 1 weekend day and most of us work second or third shift or some weird variation and I am pretty sure most of us do not skip out on work, as MTSOs do not hesitate to fire people at this time (once upon a time the MT had the upper hand but that time is long past).

Maybe it used to be a "hobby" job or a "mommy" job for some but those days are gone. My foot pedal and key strokes are tracked and most MTSO have some program to do that. If I am 5 minutes late for work, my phone rings (not that I ever make a habit of that).

So it is just wrong and rude to hack on other MTs who you know nothing about. You are simply assuming based on no real facts.

Be happy that you got a great job and leave your snide comments out of the post please.

Agree. It sounds like the OP has been put - through the wringer SM

[ In Reply To ..]
and finally found something she can work with. I hope things turn around for you OP. Just ignore the negative people, it's not worth engaging them.
The OP has foot in mouth disease. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
She seems incapable of simply stating her point without making insulting comments to others.

I am happy for anyone who can find a great job that makes them happy, but can she share that without insulting other MTs???
Thank you. - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
"I am happy for anyone who can find a great job that makes them happy, but can she share that without insulting other MTs???"

Exactly. Why supposedly intelligent MTs are missing the insult she felt the need to say is beyond me. Seems to be a lot of comprehension difficulties on this board lately.

She's tried three positions since February, finally starts one she likes, has been there for just a short time, yet feels she's now in a position to lecture MTs - "I really would like all of you to stop and think" about our "general mentality" - and how she has better work ethics? Of course it is going to offend hard-working MTs.
I think she put us through the wringer! - insulting and rude
[ In Reply To ..]

Good luck to you - with your new job

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope this works out well for you and that you can get on your feet and thrive.

Wow and again inviting drama - stay tuned for round 3 tomorrow

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Unbelievable - On site MT

[ In Reply To ..]
First, I want to thank the OP for sharing her story, I am so glad you finally found something that sounds as if it will be stable. I have the same amount of experience as you so I also remember the good old days when we were paid hourly and were not so driven by production and trying to meet quotas.

To the rest of you, I am ashamed to have you as fellow transcriptionists. Why do you care where this person works, you should be admiring her perseverance and willingness not to give up. Put yourself in someone else's place for a change and show some compassion and kindness.

Wow, really? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am reading this going oh, so happy you got a good job. Then I get to the middle and end and you AGAIN go off on other MTs????

Why are you being so nasty? You don't know the quality or quantity of any MT on this board.

I for one work at Nuance and actually do well, over 300 lph and I get my 99% QA score. So please go on and tell me what a lousy person I am and how great you are.

Seriously, give it a rest. You honestly do not have to be rude towards others to make your life meaningful.

Posted last night - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck to you. S/l the world has been a frightening place for you for a while. I wish you peace, security and that you get back on your feet. Don't let the bad comments get you down.

Best wishes, NN. I'd like to be able to work directly - with the hospital again. Nice! :) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

well not exactly direct, but that is where the QA and supervisors are - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Still. A friend did that and was actually able to get - questions answered and problems solved. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

Ever Had One Of Those Night?
Aug 18, 2010

Tonight was one of those nights.  Computer problems:  I did a report, my first report at that, and it froze up on me.  Waited for it to just go on its own like it normally does when that happens and it never happened.  I finally said screw it I'm just gonna type it over.  Well it was locked, by me of course, and I don't even know if I'm going to get paid for it.  Then when I'm finished with that ordeal - NJA!!!!!  Great!!!!  No wo ...

Another Night Of The
Dec 05, 2012

dictations...why am I always stuck with the worst speakers out there.  I know there are good ones on this account, but D....when I am taking 20 minutes to edit a 5 minute piece of crap there is a problem with that!!! ...

Not Sure If This Has Been Posted Here Or Not,
Dec 23, 2009

I thought this was a really cute and interesting way to raise money for breast cancer awareness.  Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, Oregon made this video to help raise funds and it looks like they had such a fun time doing it.  And they even included all different departments of the hospital.  It brightened up my morning a little and made me smile, and I wanted to share with you.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw   ...

I Posted This Below Also.
Jan 23, 2013

Just to try to help any exasperated MTs out that are hesitant to leave the house for the work field.  My stepson has a REAL at-home job and he loves it.  He works for a company called New Corp, you can Google that.  He works a real 40-hour per week schedule, although you can opt for part-time if you need to supplement MT income.  He answers calls and troubleshoots for Direct TV.  He also gets the full Direct TV package for free as a benefit of the job.  When he answ ...

Third Night In A Row With NJA In North. Nm
Feb 16, 2010

nm ...

You Know The MT Field Is Bad When Even The Fly-by-night...
Mar 26, 2010

You know the MT field is bad when even the fly-by-night "work-at-home" make $20 an hour companies don't even advertise for MT anymore.  My husband has been job hunting and we've been checking the online job search engines daily.  I haven't seen one single ad like we used to see on the matchbook covers.  Now they have a different scheme.  It's all work at home in call centers and make $20 an hour.      ...

Night Jasmine
Jun 02, 2010

At the risk of more of your wrath, I need to clarify that I do get dressed (usually jeans and a T-shirt or sweatshirt in the winter) -- I just do not get dressed up like I did for the office.  Thank you for your suggestions, but my home, family committments, and budget do not allow a lot of shopping and lunching.   ...

Why All The Night Work?
Aug 13, 2010

I have been watching these posts for a while now about everybody switching to nights and weekends and having no work.  Why the big push for everyone to change to nights and weekends?  I have worked in acute care for a long time and granted some of the dictation comes in in the evenings, but graveyard -- not so much.  It would seem that there would be enough people WANTING to work evenings and weekends for various reasons -- work around a spouse's job, children's schedule ...

Night Differential
Mar 26, 2011

The current extra for a report, for the night differential is .0900 per my understanding - can someone tell me what it was before the most recent change (approx. 2 mos ago or so)? Thanks   ...

My Big Laugh For The Night
Mar 29, 2012

ESL doctor:  "The patient lives on farm.  He milks the cows, horses, mules and chickens." Chickens are mammals?  All this time those wings and feathers had me fooled, but then again, they never could fly to prove it...  This is the same guy who once said a patient worked driving a "lift-fork" and another one of his patients was "stung by a black widow recluse spider."  And to think, this man makes 5-10 times what I do... ouch... if only someone had told me as a teena ...

My Son Called Me Last Night
Jul 09, 2012

coming to a Holiday Inn where he lives. He said they advertised "Medical Transcription jobs - earn $40,000 a year!"  He thought I could use a good laugh. Thanks, son. ...

Another Night Of Dictation
Dec 19, 2012

and i'm getting paid what again for this.  I really despise that it is taking 20+ minutes to EDIT this POS 1.34 minute dictation all b/c the dr has not learned how to speak and I have a Q full of his crap work.  Such a shame I can't get paid more for each speaker that is difficult...oh what am I saying, I am lucky to get paid at all for doing the dictation.  After all, half the work that I do, I am doing for free.  Ugh i had to vent my frustration!! ...

Night Shift
Jul 03, 2013

I have a question for anyone working night shift. if you work from 11 pm on Tues to 7 am Wed, does that time count for tues or wed. Thanks. ...

This Is A First. Work All Night.
Nov 28, 2014

I have always NJA on Thanksgiving. I have had a full shift of work. ...

ILP Vs US Coverage At Night
Mar 03, 2015

A week or 2 back someone asked what the HDS/SHDA coverage was during the night in reply to a post about coverage during the daytime.  if still curious here are the approximate numbers from midnight.  ILP workers:  1500 US workers:  186 From that last post, during the day it was:  ILP workers:  1095 US workers:  837 ...

I Seriously Had A Dream Last Night
Apr 09, 2015

emptying trash cans in a large factory or hell or somewhere with winding corridors and endless rooms, and was actually sad this morning when I woke up and it wasn't true.  My life is pathetic. ...

To Moderator: I'm The One Who Posted The
Dec 12, 2009

question below about how to remove a word from spell check.  Just wondering why it was moved to the technical board....I need to know specifically how to do this in Docuscribe, which is a MQ program.  I guess I should have been more specific.  :) ...

Okay, It Has Been Months Since Anything Was Posted, So I Have To Ask (sm)
Jan 18, 2010

Is there anyone out there currently employed with Cardioscribes?  I realize that there is some India association but at this point I am so desperate for a job I would take any kind of association with it if they were to offer.  If you are employed with Cardioscribes would you either please email me or just give me some insight on the company before I apply?  Platform, pay, benefits, schedule, strictness of the schedules, etc., the usual and anything that you can think of.  ...

To The MT Who Posted About Serviss
May 10, 2010

I worked for this woman as did at least two others I know of.  I am so sorry you gotted tricked by her.  She has been doing this sort of thing for a long time.  For the longest any post that was posted about her would get deleted, therefore you could not really find out what was going on with her.  She has a hablt of using people then making excuses like telling you she is moving, and she is going through a divorce, etc...  She owed me and two others money for quite some ...

I Posted My Resume.......
Sep 29, 2010

.......and I keep getting emails asking what my specialties are. I posted all that and it's also in my resume. Makes me wonder if anyone actually reads a resume. ...

The Psych Ad Is Posted Again
Oct 31, 2010

Looks like the psych position is open....? ...

Just Posted My Ad On MT Stars
Apr 27, 2011

Just posted my job wanted ad on this board.  Am just wondering if the people that posted their ad got responses rather than answering all the ads. ...

Someone Posted Below That You Now Have To Pass The RMT To Even Take The CMT?
Sep 20, 2011

Is this really true?  I was already on the fence about it....I despise ADHI but at the same time realize having CMT could possibly help find a job and sometimes (rarely) get a CMT diff.  Not to mention the test cost $300 whether you pass or not.  So now you have to pay to pass the RMT?  This can't be true.  I mean, if you can pass the CMT you should be able to pass the RMT w/o having to PAY for it.  ...

I Posted Not Long Ago About Even With All My
Sep 20, 2012

personal issues, I am going back to school.  Well, I had a job interview for an inhouse position that is perfect for me and I think I got the job!!!  I am just so excited!!  The bennies are awesome to say the least.  I never thought I would be able to work inhouse again since I live in such a rural community.  I just stayed persistent and I pray I got it!  I need it so much! ...

Seen Posted Here Before That It Is Illegal To Pay Someone PTO
Apr 23, 2013

are paid on production.  Does anybody here know anything about this?  We have shown them they cant make us lie on timesheets, they have to pay at least minimum wage.  Now can we show them they have to calculate our PTO in a more fair fashion?  ...

Posted By CuriousMT
Dec 06, 2013

on the Nuance board.  It is funny, yet fairly accurate. Dear Aunt Rose Comma Thank You for the Speech Recognition Software Exclamation Point. BY Eric K. Auld Dear Aunt Rose comma thank you for the speech recognition software exclamation point. This is my first time using it comma but I think I’ve got the hang of it. How’s Uncle Bernie. No. Wait. Backspace. BACKSPACE. Question mark. Huhhhh. Enter. How are you question mark. I’m all right. Had another big sale at the office ...

Job Posted On MTDY
Mar 26, 2014

it is the 2nd or 3rd posting from the top. Initials of the company is YL. can anyone check it out and let me know what you think tnx. ...

Another Ad Posted By FutureNet
Apr 14, 2014

FN has again posted an ad for editors/speech rec people to work on M-Modal.  It appears that people are leaving due to this platform.  FN does not appear to have acquired new accounts.  See post below about the M-Modal platform and this company.  This used to be a good company to work for.  It's the platform that is just terrible and impossible to make a living wage when using it.  Your mileage may vary.  ...

Anyone Applied To A Posted
Apr 29, 2014

and actually received any sort of reply?  This drives me crazy. I feel like my internet wires are clogged and my applications are not making it past the wall of my room.     ...