A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

President's Day on Monday and Softscript - One of the reasons why the pay policy is scurrilou

Posted: Feb 20, 2011

It means that if you do ACH you get your pay 9 days after you should have gotten your pay.  Think about what that means for your bank account versus what it means for their bank account.  It is significant when multiplied by hundreds of employees.  It means much worse if you get an actual check in the mail.

Pay period ended on 2/15 and I was paid 2/18. I think your information is off. sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
SS has many issues, but not paying on time is not one of them.

SS Pay - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I also got paid on 02/18. Don't know how you get pain, but DD works and always on time. I have no problems at all with anything at SS even though I have been there only 3 months. Great PM always willing to help.

Today's my last day, I"m happy to say. Getting paid early is the ONLY good thing sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can say about SS. I was hired in October, had no work before the holidays, during the holidays and after the holidays, and always given some lame excuse. My PM is nice enough, but her idea of helping things is to limit everyone to 1 primary and 1 secondary, so now I have even less work. The platform is okay, but they either overhire or have lost accounts like a wildfire. Either way, I cannot survive on half pay when I was hired to be full time.

I worked for Keystrokes and their pay period ended on the 15th and I wasn't paid sm - exSSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
until the 1st of the next month. If you're mad at SS for waiting 3 days after the pay period end, you'd flip if you worked for Keystrokes! LOL

I so agree. sm - Another KSr

[ In Reply To ..]
I so agree. I hate being paid two weeks in arrears, just as I hate not knowing what my PTO is unless I contact the office. But they'll do anything to hold on to your money a little longer. And the reason no one was laid off is so they wouldn't have to pay out all those unemployment benefits. It is all about money!!

That is what everything is about. It 'splains life as we know it. - truthteller

[ In Reply To ..]
Always follow the money to learn the truth about a situation in business or politics.

Payroll department is great at Softscript - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they make an extra effort to pay before a holday. I've already been paid and remember being shocked that we were paid before the Labor Day weekend last year. Also, when we switched automatic payroll companies I got a call from them asking if I'd had any trouble making the switch. They've always been good at getting back to me immediately when I've had a question.

Wow, that is great! - Not everyone

[ In Reply To ..]
gets the King's treatment. What is necessary to get those common courtesies?

Maybe work for a MTSO with no work? Good payroll is the - least they can do. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
But you're assuming that Softscript - loculated
[ In Reply To ..]
is a normal workplace with management that appreciates its MTs. It isn't and they don't. So getting paid on time and having the occasional email from the payroll department is quite remarkable for them.

Similar Messages:

President's Day
Feb 19, 2014

Didn't realize it would affect my workflow so much. ...

So Tired Of Everyone, EVEN THE PRESIDENT,
Oct 05, 2012

mixing up the words "offshore" and "outsource."  Outsource is what the hospitals do when they send transcription to M-Modal or whomever.  Offshore is when it goes to our "international labor partners" in India.  Outsourcing jobs we can live with; offshoring is starving us to death.  Get it right already!!!!!!!!! ...

KS Pay Question About President's Day
Feb 12, 2013

We normally get paid on the 17th - but it falls on a Sunday this time, which means we SHOULD get paid 2/18/13.  Got an email that we have to wait until 2/19/13 to get paid now.  I have an email from WAYYYYYYYYYYYY long time ago from the owner that if this happened, we would get paid the previous Friday - anybody else have that email?  Is this legal? ...

My Letter To President O'Bama
Oct 13, 2009

Dear President Obama:How's the new job?  Keeping busy?  Financial security?  I'll bet.  Are the American people keeping the mortgage on the White House up to date?  Great.  Kids have everything they need?  Wonderful.  The American dream.Me?  I lost another job to offshoring - AGAIN!   It's funny, I can't seem to find any concrete figures on just how many U.S. jobs are offshored.  There are only estimations by different a ...

President Obama In India
Nov 08, 2010

While President Obama is touring India, I sure hope he finds our jobs, loads them onto Air Force One, and brings them back to us...along with the wages that we once earned.  Instead though, we'll probably just get T-shirts (made in China) that say "I are a global MT." ...

Wrote My Senators, Congressman, AND The President
Jun 15, 2010

Well, we will see what kind of response I get back.  I'm not expecting much, but I thought it was high time i did my part in contacting my representatives and the White House about the sad state of OUR union :) ...

Webmedxers, Did Any Of You Write The CEO, President, Etc. About Things? Sm
May 03, 2011

I have already written them a very "level-headed but concerned" toned email about the way my job has changed. I included the "round-robin" work where we get work from lots of different accounts. I also mentioned that, in my opinion, the new MT director isn't treating people the way she should. All of this is affecting the quality and quantity of our work and will lead to patient error and damage our relations with clients. I mentioned how Webmedx seems to have changed. And then I gave some ...

The President's Speech About Independent Contractors
Jan 25, 2012

The President gave a speech today/yesterday (work the midnight shift so it is still today).  He was talking about the independent contractor thing.  Here is that part of the speech.  Is there any hope for me?   Helping Middle-Class Families Win the Future .....blah....blah....blah.... and then: Ensure Proper Classification of Employees to Protect Benefits.  When employees are misclassified as independent contractors, they are deprived of benefits and protections to w ...

The President Last Night Encouraged CEOs
Jan 29, 2014

to pay their employees more of a living wage. Does anyone think he will listen to the President? ...

Has Anyone Thought About Writing A Letter To The President?
Jun 22, 2014

Not necessarily pen and paper, but I saw where one can email the President.  I don't know if anyone has done this or not regarding the sad state of affairs our profession has become, but it might be worth a try.  I will do it even if no one else does.  I mean, what could it hurt?  Of course, it would be in a respectful way and all.  Otherwise, I will see the men in the dark suits at my door.  I will explain about what it used to be like and then what it has bec ...

President Of AHDI Advises Us To Train As Coders Or In EHR.
Mar 20, 2012

The latest issue of Plexus (MT industry journal) makes reference to the fact that the president of AHDI told a group of MTs to start training either as coders or in some EHR capacity.  Her point is having a broad base is our best bet at keeping/getting a good job in rapidly changing HIM these days. ...

NJA - It Must Be Monday
Jan 25, 2010

Once again I have NJA on Monday morning.  This is just the way I wanted to start off my week, not!!!   CCM says tell her and then either come back on later at NIGHT or she'll add other accounts.  I've accepted that wonderful offer before and kicked myself for doing it.  I'd rather take the time off unpaid than sit at my computer reading profiles all day long and getting half my lines in.  I'll never understand why this company can& ...

Really Bad Monday
Oct 19, 2010

Got rejection E-mail for in-house job I applied for.  Then less than 1 hour later, got rejection E-mail for a government clerk position I had applied for like 2 months ago.  Then later get E-mail with spreadsheet from supervisor with our lines, average lph, percentages, etc.  Apparently there really are people doing 200-300+ lph.  There is no way in the world they are typing the level 3 ESL and ASR nonsense that I get.  I have to listen, research, listen again with ...

Monday A.m. And Again NJA!!!
Jun 18, 2012

x ...

NJA Already, Monday 6:30 A.m.
Nov 05, 2012

unbelievable ...

I Have An Interview With MQ Monday...
Dec 19, 2009

Is anyone happy at MQ?  I have been an IC for the past two years and have to have benefits including insurance.  Any suggestions or ????  Thanks ...

Holiday Pay On Monday, 07/05/10
Jul 26, 2010

I have always gotten paid time-and-a-half for holiday pay on the Fourth of July, which is one of Medquist's holidays (or so it is listed as and always has been), and was told by CCM we would be paid time-and-a-half for that Monday's work done since even though it wasn't the fourth, it is when it is nationally celebrated.  However, on today's paycheck I did not get any holiday pay at all!!!  I went back several years to check and I always got paid this way for w ...

Only 10:30 AM, Monday Morning, And Already I Could Use A (sm)
Nov 01, 2010

STIFF drink after finishing an operative report on an AMERICAN doctor that I could barely understand because he apparently thinks that he is the roadrunner and wants to see how fast he can dictate.  WHEW, hopefully the day will get better??? ...

EtransPlus Monday?
Oct 01, 2011

Does anyone know why ETP is havin a phone conference for employees Monday morning? I hate surprises and this has my stomach in knots since work has been practically nonexistent for a month on multiple acct. Eek! ...

For My Interview On Monday...
Jul 03, 2012

I have an interview on Monday to work at a local veterinary clinic doing transcribing full time in house for animal patients. No joke, they have 17 doctors on staff and supposedly a ton of work. I have just about typed for every medical specialty there is in the last 20 years, but never for an animal before. I'm very excited, but I don't want to walk in there sounding stupid. Does anybody have any advice or tips that might help me get the job? Maybe some terminology I could l ...

Monday Afternoon
Oct 28, 2013

Is anyone else having a problem uploading jobs?  I am concerned there may be a problem with my computer. ...

Happy Monday - NJA For Me In The South (SE?).
Apr 12, 2010

nm ...

Webmedx - Monday Call
Mar 13, 2011

Is this call only for those who are being impacted by the changes and the general posting on community page for everyone else? ...

I Heard From The Meeting On Monday Sm
Mar 21, 2012

not that I attended it but someone else told me that there was an MT board where you could go and select the accounts you want and so you would only get those particular accounts?  Has anybody ever heard of this and where it is and how to we do that?  Very interested if true!  Thx ...

Good Monday Morning!
Jul 09, 2012

Always a pleasant way to start the week at this faaaaabulous company. ...

NJA On Monday Morning In The North
Oct 29, 2012

Well, they did say they were going to shift most of the work to India by the end of the year.  {Blows dust off the ol' resume} ...

NJA Right Off Monday Morn. Happening More
Nov 12, 2012

nm ...

I Have A Job Interview On Monday And Am Thinking About Sm
Mar 22, 2013

questions I want to ask. I usually ask about direct deposit, but in light of my recent experience of constantly being paid late (and still not paid!), I am thinking about asking them if they have had or are having any pay issues, but then I wonder if that might be an offensive question to ask, plus if they do not pay on time or at all, it is doubtful that they would say yes, so ....... Any thoughts would be appreciated. TIA ...

I Think We Should All Get The Flu Or Computer Probs Monday
Aug 30, 2013

Let's commemorate the holiday and let everybody in India know exactly how important we are.   Labor Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September, that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers. ...

I Am Getting Ready To Start A New Job Monday And
Aug 21, 2014

I am having problems with Express Scribe Pro.  I have emailed them about 5 times this week and told them I am starting a new job Monday so I need help ASAP and still no response.  Anyone know a better way to get answers ASAP? ...