A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

$$ per audio hour - alias

Posted: May 18, 2012

I am just wondering about what $50 per audio hour of dictation would amount to approximately.  I am no good at these things, but I suspect it is low.  Just an average would be good.  tia. 

approx 16.50 an hour - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

and how was that figured, if I may ask? - alias

[ In Reply To ..]
just curious...how long does it take to transcribe an audio hour usually?

sm - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
1 hour audio averages 3:1 ratio

$50 divided by 3 is close to $16.50.

Law of averages applies. May take you longer, may take you less time.
are you saying... - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
that approximately an hour of audio will take approximately 3 hours to transcribe?
yes - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That's industry standard. 3:1 ratio of dictation to transcription. This is based on straight transcription.

As said, it's also based on averages. Many people do closer to 2:1 but some do 4:1.

All things being equal, a good MT will be able to do at LEAST 20 minutes per hour.
thank you! - alias
[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the breakdown. might give this a shot then. :-)

Similar Messages:

Pay Per Hour Of Audio
Apr 22, 2010

I'm looking at a job that pays 50-55 dollars per recorded hour of audio.  This is interview or straight dictation transcription.  Does this sound okay?  I'm thinking if it takes me 2 hours to transcribe an hour, that wouldn't be such a bad deal.  I'm just not sure how long it would take me.  I do transcribe very fast...shortcuts are used for medical but can implement for this type of transcription as well.  Just not sure that the pay is reasonabl ...

$10 Per Audio Hour?
Mar 04, 2011

I'm a new graduate of Career Step, looking for work. Some Dr. wants to pay $10/audio hour? How many lines might that be? apay approx.? Rich ...

Audio Hour
Nov 06, 2011

About how much transcribing is 1 hour of audio? ...

Pay Per Audio Hour
Dec 15, 2011

How long does it take to transcribe 1 audio hour of dictation?  When I started, I was told we should average it as 10 minutes per every hour, but 10 minutes seems low to me now.  It would probably take me about 20 minutes to do a 10 minute job today, with proofing and looking up words, etc.  Then again, if you are learning something new, that might not be so unrealistic.  Just looking for opinions on this from those who have done it.  Keep in mind, I would be doing non-m ...

$50.00 Per Audio Hour
Jul 30, 2014

I am used to getting paid by the hour doing medical transcription.  Is $50.00 per audio hour for general transcription good or bad?  I really don't know.  ...

Audio Hour Going Rate?
May 09, 2011

I am trying to bid a job and never before have done so by the audio hour.  Is it correct for 1 hour of audio usually 4-5 hours of typing? what would be an acceptable rate ? thank you ...

Rate Per Audio Hour
Sep 01, 2011

I am applying for a position for a company, and in the application they ask what your "desired rate per audio hour" is. So far in my application process, I have only come across desired rate per line, so I did not know how to answer this question. Just out of curiosity, what is the average rate per audio hour for MTs? ...

How To Estimate Per Audio Hour Pay Per Hr
Dec 15, 2011

I've been in this business a while, and when I've had to do an estimate, this is the method I used, and it's always worked for me to make sure I wasn't shorting myself. - First, the "rule" is that every minute of audio will take you 3 minutes to transcribe. Again, this is an estimate. It could be less time for audio with dead air or more for mushmouths/speed talkers or if you have to stop and look many things up. Therefore, an hour of audio will take you 3 hours to tr ...

Charging Per Audio Hour
Mar 31, 2015

I thought I had already posted this but I guess it didn't go through since I can't find the post but here's my question. I've been working for as an MT for a long time in an imaging facility being paid per hour.  It's been a long time since I was an IC.  A friend has asked me to type a 6 hour discussion from a focus group meeting.  Nothing too technical and no strong accents.  I'm used to just charging .10 per line but he wants a quote per hour. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If They Worked For Someone That Pays By Audio Hour?
Mar 02, 2010

Has anyone worked for that person that pays by the audio hour? ...

Required To Do At Least 15 Minutes Of Audio Per Hour
May 17, 2012

I recently started with a new company where I am paid per minute. I am required to do at least 15 minutes of audio per hour while in training and then at least 20 minutes of audio per hour after that point as the minimum requirements. The account that I am on has dictations that are mostly 1 minute or less, fast talkers and pulling in templates. Do you think that these minimums are attainable? I know that I can do that many audio minutes on average, but I'm not used to being paid by the aud ...

Question About Audio Hour Pay/amount Of Lines
Aug 20, 2012

Not sure if this is on the right board but it's about a general transcription question so I think so.  Does anone have an idea of how many lines someone would type in an audio hour of transcription?  Sorry if that sounds like a ditzy question but since I have always been paid by the line am wondering about being paid by the audio hour.  Any input would be appreciated.This would be general transcription. ...

Taking A Stab At The Math Of $75/AUDIO Hour
Apr 24, 2013

If I understand this right, the calculation is $75 per audio hour - that means for every 60 minutes of dictation, the scribe is paid $75. If it takes one hour to complete the job, you make $75 per hour Two hours, $37.50 per hour. Three hours, $25 per hour. Four hours $18.75 per hour. What am I missing?  It typically takes at least three hours to transcribe one hour of dictation (audio).  If there is heavy formatting, difficult audio, etc., you can expect it to take longer.  U ...

Experienced MTs; Paid By The Line Or By The Audio Hour?
Jun 11, 2013

I've been an MT for over 5 years and have always been paid by the line. I would think that most MTs preferred wage is to be paid a set amount per hour.  If this were not an option, what has given you more of an income, paid by the line or by the AUDIO hour?  What I'm currently being offered per audio hour comes out to less than what I was paid per line at my previous job, but the reports are easier to understand so it may be worth it.  It is basically both ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

DVD To Audio
Dec 10, 2009

One of my clients has a DVD of a meeting he would like transcribed. Does anyone know of software that he or I can use to convert it to an audio file? I normally use Express Scribe to transcribe their work. Does anyone have experience in this or know of a preferably free software program that can do this? Thank you. ...

Audio
Aug 10, 2010

I am a "newbie."   I have tested for 2 small companies and the audio was so bad I just couldn't hear enough to transcribe.  Are all dictations this bad, or is it just some of them?   The parts I could understand were fairly simple, but the audio sounded like a tape recorder when you are holding down rewind and play at the same time.  I am just curious.  Maybe my hearing is just not what it should be.   Appreciate any response, ...

Anybody Else's Audio Very
Oct 11, 2010

I haven't had this problem for a long time, but the audio is taking a long time to load today. What a draaaaaaaaag. ...

Anyone Else Not Getting Audio On DQS? Sm
Dec 06, 2010

I put this on wrong board before.   Here it is Sun/Mon and I am getting DQS to load jobs, but can get NO AUDIO on them at all.  Thought it was the headphones MQ sent us as a gift last year, so changed to my Bose stereo headphones.  I can get audio on anything else, just not DQS.   Give us a BREAK MQ,  please I want to work..!!!!    ...

Pay For Audio
Apr 27, 2012

in contacting a general transcription company for work, I was told "a one-on-one interview, 60 - 90 minute tapes, generally generates $40-$45 per tape."  does this seem like a low figure??  I don't know much about these types of dictations. They said most transcriptionists complete one 60 to 90 minute tape per day.  so how long do you think it would take to complete 90 minutes of two people interview and is $45 too low for that type of work??  just asking.  ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Bayscribe Audio
Feb 23, 2010

Problem with audio downloading on Bayscribe.  Rebooted x20, replugged foot pedal, etc. Don't know what else to do.  Help anyone. ...

Poor Audio
Mar 09, 2010

Doesn't it just seem wrong when you can hear the neighboring doctor's dictation better than you can YOUR dictator?  Do they just hand the phone across the way and say "would you hold this for me?"  ...

Audio Help - Tools, Etc - THANKS!!
Apr 12, 2011

x ...

General Audio At 6 Cpl?
Dec 19, 2011

Offered 6 cpl (65-char) for general audio (movies and television shows).  Is this good or bad?  I thought audio transcription was usually paid per audio hour.  I've only done MT for 20+ years, so this is new to me.   Thanks for any input/advice!   ...

Pay Per Audio Minute At 7 CPL?
Jul 19, 2012

Experienced MTs needed for multiple accounts/specialties - CCT Posted: Jul 19th, 2012 - 9:12 am Experienced Medical Transcriptionists needed on several accounts (3 years of MT experience is required to apply for each of the below) - Multispecialty account (orthopedics, gastroenterology, plastic surgery, internal medicine, oncology) - pay is per audio minute of dictation.  Full time applicants only.  Upon signing contract, please note it will take at least 5 busin ...

DQ7 Is Stuck, Cannot Get Audio, Anyone Else?
Jul 25, 2012

nm ...

Best Audio Player
Aug 08, 2012

Okay, I have the newest version of Express Scribe and for some reason part way through dictations it sounds like it is tunneling or on a cell phone. Is there a way or a site for me to get an older version so that entire dictations are clear or is there a better audio player out there that works with a foot pedal? ...