A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Audio - Anon

Posted: Aug 10, 2010

I am a "newbie."   I have tested for 2 small companies and the audio was so bad I just couldn't hear enough to transcribe.  Are all dictations this bad, or is it just some of them?   The parts I could understand were fairly simple, but the audio sounded like a tape recorder when you are holding down rewind and play at the same time.  I am just curious.  Maybe my hearing is just not what it should be.   Appreciate any response, so I will know what is going on.

know the feeling - newmt2

[ In Reply To ..]
It has happened to me too, it is just that way with some companies. Some are better than others, but you're definitely not the only one who has come across that :) I did eventually test with some that made sense.

Similar Messages:

DVD To Audio
Dec 10, 2009

One of my clients has a DVD of a meeting he would like transcribed. Does anyone know of software that he or I can use to convert it to an audio file? I normally use Express Scribe to transcribe their work. Does anyone have experience in this or know of a preferably free software program that can do this? Thank you. ...

Anybody Else's Audio Very
Oct 11, 2010

I haven't had this problem for a long time, but the audio is taking a long time to load today. What a draaaaaaaaag. ...

Anyone Else Not Getting Audio On DQS? Sm
Dec 06, 2010

I put this on wrong board before.   Here it is Sun/Mon and I am getting DQS to load jobs, but can get NO AUDIO on them at all.  Thought it was the headphones MQ sent us as a gift last year, so changed to my Bose stereo headphones.  I can get audio on anything else, just not DQS.   Give us a BREAK MQ,  please I want to work..!!!!    ...

Pay For Audio
Apr 27, 2012

in contacting a general transcription company for work, I was told "a one-on-one interview, 60 - 90 minute tapes, generally generates $40-$45 per tape."  does this seem like a low figure??  I don't know much about these types of dictations. They said most transcriptionists complete one 60 to 90 minute tape per day.  so how long do you think it would take to complete 90 minutes of two people interview and is $45 too low for that type of work??  just asking.  ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Bayscribe Audio
Feb 23, 2010

Problem with audio downloading on Bayscribe.  Rebooted x20, replugged foot pedal, etc. Don't know what else to do.  Help anyone. ...

Poor Audio
Mar 09, 2010

Doesn't it just seem wrong when you can hear the neighboring doctor's dictation better than you can YOUR dictator?  Do they just hand the phone across the way and say "would you hold this for me?"  ...

Pay Per Hour Of Audio
Apr 22, 2010

I'm looking at a job that pays 50-55 dollars per recorded hour of audio.  This is interview or straight dictation transcription.  Does this sound okay?  I'm thinking if it takes me 2 hours to transcribe an hour, that wouldn't be such a bad deal.  I'm just not sure how long it would take me.  I do transcribe very fast...shortcuts are used for medical but can implement for this type of transcription as well.  Just not sure that the pay is reasonabl ...

$10 Per Audio Hour?
Mar 04, 2011

I'm a new graduate of Career Step, looking for work. Some Dr. wants to pay $10/audio hour? How many lines might that be? apay approx.? Rich ...

Audio Help - Tools, Etc - THANKS!!
Apr 12, 2011

x ...

Audio Hour
Nov 06, 2011

About how much transcribing is 1 hour of audio? ...

Pay Per Audio Hour
Dec 15, 2011

How long does it take to transcribe 1 audio hour of dictation?  When I started, I was told we should average it as 10 minutes per every hour, but 10 minutes seems low to me now.  It would probably take me about 20 minutes to do a 10 minute job today, with proofing and looking up words, etc.  Then again, if you are learning something new, that might not be so unrealistic.  Just looking for opinions on this from those who have done it.  Keep in mind, I would be doing non-m ...

General Audio At 6 Cpl?
Dec 19, 2011

Offered 6 cpl (65-char) for general audio (movies and television shows).  Is this good or bad?  I thought audio transcription was usually paid per audio hour.  I've only done MT for 20+ years, so this is new to me.   Thanks for any input/advice!   ...

$$ Per Audio Hour
May 18, 2012

I am just wondering about what $50 per audio hour of dictation would amount to approximately.  I am no good at these things, but I suspect it is low.  Just an average would be good.  tia.  ...

Pay Per Audio Minute At 7 CPL?
Jul 19, 2012

Experienced MTs needed for multiple accounts/specialties - CCT Posted: Jul 19th, 2012 - 9:12 am Experienced Medical Transcriptionists needed on several accounts (3 years of MT experience is required to apply for each of the below) - Multispecialty account (orthopedics, gastroenterology, plastic surgery, internal medicine, oncology) - pay is per audio minute of dictation.  Full time applicants only.  Upon signing contract, please note it will take at least 5 busin ...

DQ7 Is Stuck, Cannot Get Audio, Anyone Else?
Jul 25, 2012

nm ...

Best Audio Player
Aug 08, 2012

Okay, I have the newest version of Express Scribe and for some reason part way through dictations it sounds like it is tunneling or on a cell phone. Is there a way or a site for me to get an older version so that entire dictations are clear or is there a better audio player out there that works with a foot pedal? ...

Is Anyone Else Having Problem With Audio?
Oct 23, 2012

My audio fades in and out at times.  Anyone else? ...

Audio Automatically Going To End
Nov 15, 2012

I just started my shift and the first 2 jobs I've downloaded the audio goes all the way to the end the minute I press the footpedal.  I had to abandon both jobs.  I shut down my computer and it did the same thing.  Anybody else ever experience that? ...

Audio Players
Mar 25, 2013

Any opinions about audio players. What are the good ones, cost effective etc. Bytescribe versus ExpressScribe? Any info is appreciated. Thank you! ...

Audio Trouble
May 31, 2013

In straight transcription what I type takes forever to show up on the screen, one letter at a time and then frequently the audio runs away on its own.  Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it?   ...

Audio Files
Jun 05, 2013

Has anyone had a job which transcribes audio files  I see there is a job opening with REV.  Can anyone make money doing that? ...

Audio Getting Worse
Jul 22, 2013

Has anyone noticed audio getting much worse lately on reports. It's starting to make me crazy. ...

Terrible Audio
Aug 18, 2013

I have been having exceptionally bad audio lately from normally good dictators and wonder why. Could this be another cost cutting measure somehow, or maybe they okayed docs to dictate under water or in their car or wherever on old crappy cell phones or something? It's bad enough to have to face the daily FIESA attack, but to take double the time to get through a report because of horrific audio is just the icing on the cake. Anybody else find this? Frustrating when you are trying to speed ...

I Did F11 And The Audio Improved.
Jan 31, 2014

Anyone else notice the audio improves after F11. I've had some reports tonight with horrible audio and worthless ASR, and after doing F11, the audio was improved. ...

I Am So Tired Of Bad Audio. I Have Had So Many
Jun 16, 2014

reports today with static.  It's funny to me that every time I bring it up to my supervisor and send the job # for her and the QC coach to listen, they claim they don't have a problem with it and maybe I need a new headset.  That makes no sense.   Some reports are clear as can be.  If it was my headset wouldn't all reports be bad?  I just did a report that took me forever and I had so many blanks because of all the static in it ...

$50.00 Per Audio Hour
Jul 30, 2014

I am used to getting paid by the hour doing medical transcription.  Is $50.00 per audio hour for general transcription good or bad?  I really don't know.  ...

Audio File/sm
Jul 30, 2014

I need to listen to some jobs...I did Alt I from the Fluency Editor home screen to get to Manager. I looked up the jobs by searching under detail and the date. I found the job and clicked on the job #, which gave me options of audio file, editor account output, and count log file (payroll). When I hi-lite audio file, it takes me to a black screen with an audio player icon in the middle of the screen. The length of the audio file always says 0:00 and the volume icon is crossed out, like it' ...

Audio Problem
Sep 16, 2014

Hi all, I am unable to get audio through, say, You Tube. (I don't transcribe anymore, so not sure if I could get audio there). My "Windows" dings and dongs all work. I had manually muted my volume for a couple of days because the audio was disruptive to others around me when I was reading press articles from my home page and such. I went to turn my volume back on today to listen and view something on You Tube, and there was no sound. The picture did show. The volume is set to high. ...

Audio For Audits
Nov 12, 2014

Anyone else get audits back but were unable to listen back to reports because the audio file wasn't available?  This seems very unfair.  I have had a critical error reversed in the past by listening back to the report, so this just makes me angry! ...