A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

capitalization - Psychiatric Emergency - Jeanie

Posted: Sep 11, 2010

Do I capitalize "Psychiatric Emergency Area" or just "Psychiatric Emergency" and not "area" ? I believe "emergency room" is not to be capitalized but I have seen where "Psychiatric Emergency Room" was capitalized.    Thank You !

capitalization - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
The only way you would capitalize this is if the hospital was put in front, i.e. Royal Columbian Hospital Psychiatric Emergency area. Seeing as this is not the case, nothing would be capitalized. "Area" would not be capitalized in any circumstance.

Hope this helps!

Similar Messages:

Not Sure What To Do. Left MQ Due To Emergency. Sm
Mar 22, 2011

I left MQ back in October 2010 due to a family emergency.  I was working there part time.  I thought I had terminated my employment, but when I went in a little while ago to complete another application it says the following and now not sure what I do or who I contact since I don't have any of that information.  Thanks for any suggestions. Your current status for this position is:     Welcome to MedQuist. Our records indicate you have successfull ...

AutoCorrect Emergency
Mar 18, 2013

I just set up a new computer but after starting work, realized I alll my macros are on the old one, so as I am builiding my library again, I can't figure out how to make the space bar insert the macro.  I can enter them, but when I type and hit the space bar nothing happens.  Waaaaaaa :( ...

So, If We Have A Problem, There Is No One To Ask Unless It Is An Emergency?
Feb 19, 2015

Is this to set us up for more failure? ...

Emergency Dental
Apr 13, 2015

I'm on my Nth percocet since yesterday, going to dentist at 5 pm. I have no PTO time available so do I have to make up time away to see the Dr.? I've heard conflicting things from higher ups over the days and months. ...

Emergency Maintenance In 2 Minutes - DQS?
Mar 25, 2010

When did this get scheduled? Just noticed it.   We will be performing emergency maintenance beginnning at 12:00 pm Eastern 3/25/2010 and lasting for up to 10 minutes. There may be a brief interruption of some services for DocQmanage and DocQscribe users. ...

Emergency Plan? HIPAA?
Jul 02, 2013

Received an interesting e-mail from the next higher up over our supervisor and one thing that was talked about was having an emergency plan in case of equipment failure and DSL going down, etc.  I have to say I am kinda chuckling at this.  A follow up e-mail from a supervisor suggested going to Starbucks where they have free Wi-Fi.  I was thinking this would like be a HIPAA problem (maybe not).  The other suggestion was going to a relatives house.  Another suggestion was ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...

Not A Medical Term - Which ? To The Emergency Room
Oct 19, 2010

The patient had a bout of renal colic which _____ for an ER visit.  I'm hearing "com___".  I would imagine it means necessitating a visit to the ER, but I'm stumped on words that s/l com---- ...

She Can Return The Emergency Room Or CPAP?
Sep 07, 2011

Ok, I've been getting a lot of doctors saying this. That patients can go to/return to what s/l CPAP (see pap).   Is this correct? I'm not sure if it's a nickname for another local facility either. I have a list of commonly referred to places for this client and nothing like CPAP is on there.  Just curious. ...

Do I Capitalize Emergency Medical Technician
Sep 17, 2013

Do I capitalize Emergency Medical Technician or just Emergency medical technician. As is the patient works for ----- hospital as an emergency medical technician. Also, do you capitalize a medical proffession name after the doctors name. Ex-Dr. Smith, Oncologist or oncologist. I have looked and looked, but I thought it should be and someone else thinks it shouldnt. Trying to get the correct format. I just cant remember and I cannot seem to find in my BOS. Thanks for the help. ...

Anyone See The Ad For The Psychiatric
Oct 31, 2012

I have everything required except WordPerfect software.  Would WP be compatible or cause problems if you have other software/platforms on your computer?  I would think not, but things happen.  Is this sofware even available anymore?  Also wondering how the files would be uploaded back to facility.  TIA ...

Emergency Room Transcription Considered Acute Care ?
Oct 20, 2010

Is emergency room transcription considered acute care or is just doing surgicals acute care? ...

Psychiatric Exam
Aug 05, 2010

I have never run across this.  Any ideas?  Thank you.   He is concrete in his thinking, is goal-directed, but many of his goals are irrational, based on his history.  ORIENTATIONAL ABILITY??  : His memory appears intact.  ...

Psychiatric Word Help Please
Jun 19, 2011

Word sounds like "Oh-jen-ing" Doctor dictates:  "He had a manic psychotic break with auditory hallucinations and (s/l) oh-jen-ing in the head. " Thank you very much! ...

Psychiatric Disorder S/l Nof
Nov 09, 2010

Hi, In the list of discharge diagnoses the doc says "Psychiatric disorder s/l EN-OH-EFF or maybe IN-O-EFF." Does anyone know what this is? thanks in advance. ...

Re Psychiatric MT Job Posting
Feb 23, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how to access this site to take their test?Ftps://ftp.psychtrans.net. ...

Psychiatric Work Help, Please
Jul 22, 2011

s/o "middle kingdom."  Doctor dictates:  "The patient is very basal ganglia driven and middle kingdom driven."  Thank you - I've looked in all my books and googled and can't find anything for "middle kingdom" driven. ...

Psychiatric Drug
Apr 06, 2012

s/l pray do sin ...

Psychiatric Word Help, Please
May 14, 2013

Doctor dictates for the patient to "use the *relavan* technique to shift cognitive frame."   (It almost sounds like "roll-a-van."). Your help is much appreciated.  Thank you! ...

Help With Psychiatric Test Name
Mar 20, 2014

I believe the words I need help with (which sound like "Crispy Slay") are the name of a test. The doctor dictates the following:  "It might be interesting to secure psychometrics and interesting to do an ASD workup, but at a bare minimum an IQ and achievement to see if there is a pattern on the scores.  "Crispy Slay" was very mild."   Thank you very much for your help! ...

Psychiatric Diagnosis
Mar 25, 2015

9-year-old male  with aggression, impulsivity and hyperactivity. Axis I - ADHD, combined type and s/l BMDD.  (Need to expand BMDD.) ...

Psychiatric Term S/l *lasodymia*
May 04, 2010

He reports that he feels useless and worthless with sense of indifference towards self as well as others to the point he is unspontaneous and has no sense of feeling at times, suggestive of s/l *lasodymia.*  The dictator is a mumbler so not sure if that is the correct beginning of the word or not.  Thanks! ...

Past Psychiatric History
Aug 11, 2010

ED is dictated several times a few of the instances are: Hospitalizations: 1. ED age 13 St. Clair Hospital Monroe 2. 15 years old ED November of that year. 4. 1996 3-week hospitalization in Racine was transferred to Mendota Mental Health Institute on an ED where she remained between May and September of 1996.   What does ED stand for? ...

Getting Into Psychological/psychiatric Transcription
Feb 28, 2011

I have 30-plus years of experience in transcription, but not medical.  I am interested in getting into the psychological/psychiatric area of transcription.  I have experience with psychological transcription, since I did work for a psychologist in the past transcribing evaluations and progress notes.  I was wondering if anybody knows how to get into this area of transcription.  Would I need to take a medical transcription course somewhere.  Or would it be possible for me ...

Psychiatric Pairs/pares?
Jan 09, 2012

I am doing an H and P and under the physical examination, dictator says - PSYCHIATRIC: All pairs/pares intact. Is 'pairs' correct? If not, any ideas? Thanks in advance. ...

Psychiatric AXIS I Formatting
May 31, 2013

Greetings, I recently got a gig for Psychiatric clinic and I am a little confused as to the accepted formatting for DSM diagnoses under AXIS I...  Here is what I have been doing, and it's different from examples I've seen online... I'm thinking I learned my current style from either CareerStep or working for Nuance; however, I'm not sure...  My clinic doesn't really have any concrete formatting guidelines, but I want to be using best practices nonetheless. &nbs ...

Psychiatric Treatment On ?minsui? Precautions
Apr 13, 2013

In a psych eval treatment plan, the doctor states, "He will be on MSAS monitoring, minsui precautions, and alcohol withdrawal precautions."  What is minsui?  how is it written?  Is it an abbreviation, acronym?  Looking at old reports I see about 6 different ways it has been edited.  ...

Psychiatric/ Behavioral Health Companies
Apr 29, 2013

PLEASE HELP!!! I am looking for an MT job in the Mental Health field.  Can anyone help me out with an excellent company??! ...

Psychiatric Drug, Sounds Like Xarelto Or Zarelco? TIA Nm
Sep 21, 2013

nm ...

Capitalization ?
Nov 30, 2009

The patient will see the Cardiology team.  OR  The patient will see the cardiology team. ?? ...