A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

AutoCorrect Emergency - The Avon Lady

Posted: Mar 18, 2013

I just set up a new computer but after starting work, realized I alll my macros are on the old one, so as I am builiding my library again, I can't figure out how to make the space bar insert the macro.  I can enter them, but when I type and hit the space bar nothing happens.  Waaaaaaa :(

What program? Word or something else? - Better chance of help if you specify

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Not Sure What To Do. Left MQ Due To Emergency. Sm
Mar 22, 2011

I left MQ back in October 2010 due to a family emergency.  I was working there part time.  I thought I had terminated my employment, but when I went in a little while ago to complete another application it says the following and now not sure what I do or who I contact since I don't have any of that information.  Thanks for any suggestions. Your current status for this position is:     Welcome to MedQuist. Our records indicate you have successfull ...

So, If We Have A Problem, There Is No One To Ask Unless It Is An Emergency?
Feb 19, 2015

Is this to set us up for more failure? ...

Emergency Dental
Apr 13, 2015

I'm on my Nth percocet since yesterday, going to dentist at 5 pm. I have no PTO time available so do I have to make up time away to see the Dr.? I've heard conflicting things from higher ups over the days and months. ...

Emergency Maintenance In 2 Minutes - DQS?
Mar 25, 2010

When did this get scheduled? Just noticed it.   We will be performing emergency maintenance beginnning at 12:00 pm Eastern 3/25/2010 and lasting for up to 10 minutes. There may be a brief interruption of some services for DocQmanage and DocQscribe users. ...

Capitalization - Psychiatric Emergency
Sep 11, 2010

Do I capitalize "Psychiatric Emergency Area" or just "Psychiatric Emergency" and not "area" ? I believe "emergency room" is not to be capitalized but I have seen where "Psychiatric Emergency Room" was capitalized.    Thank You ! ...

Emergency Plan? HIPAA?
Jul 02, 2013

Received an interesting e-mail from the next higher up over our supervisor and one thing that was talked about was having an emergency plan in case of equipment failure and DSL going down, etc.  I have to say I am kinda chuckling at this.  A follow up e-mail from a supervisor suggested going to Starbucks where they have free Wi-Fi.  I was thinking this would like be a HIPAA problem (maybe not).  The other suggestion was going to a relatives house.  Another suggestion was ...

So What Happens If You Have A Personal/family Emergency ..... Sm
Jul 08, 2014

and have to take time off at the last minute? And have no PTO time? Will I be fired? ...

Not A Medical Term - Which ? To The Emergency Room
Oct 19, 2010

The patient had a bout of renal colic which _____ for an ER visit.  I'm hearing "com___".  I would imagine it means necessitating a visit to the ER, but I'm stumped on words that s/l com---- ...

She Can Return The Emergency Room Or CPAP?
Sep 07, 2011

Ok, I've been getting a lot of doctors saying this. That patients can go to/return to what s/l CPAP (see pap).   Is this correct? I'm not sure if it's a nickname for another local facility either. I have a list of commonly referred to places for this client and nothing like CPAP is on there.  Just curious. ...

Do I Capitalize Emergency Medical Technician
Sep 17, 2013

Do I capitalize Emergency Medical Technician or just Emergency medical technician. As is the patient works for ----- hospital as an emergency medical technician. Also, do you capitalize a medical proffession name after the doctors name. Ex-Dr. Smith, Oncologist or oncologist. I have looked and looked, but I thought it should be and someone else thinks it shouldnt. Trying to get the correct format. I just cant remember and I cannot seem to find in my BOS. Thanks for the help. ...

Emergency Room Transcription Considered Acute Care ?
Oct 20, 2010

Is emergency room transcription considered acute care or is just doing surgicals acute care? ...

S/l "aced" In The Emergency Room
May 12, 2010

"Was seen in the emergency department.  Splinted, (s/l aced), and presents for evaluation." Does he mean Ace bandaged, maybe? ...

How Do You Get The Autocorrect Screen To Come Up
Sep 07, 2010

How do you get the autocorrect screen to come up - what are the short cut controls to add new autocorrects in MS Word 2003.  Thanks.  ...

Question About Using AutoCorrect, Please
Sep 09, 2010

I was watching someone use an expander and when she misspelled her short form (she hit space and nothing happened), she backed up to the word and backed over the last misspelled 4 or so letters of a long string, and typed in some new ones, and the whole short form expanded the way she wanted.  Like txsdoisd was supposed to be txsdoerf, so the erf was backspaced over and replaced and the whole thing rolled out to, "Will AutoCorrect do this too?" :) Not really, but now I'm wondering if ...

Autocorrect In Word 7
Nov 14, 2010

Anyone use word 7 and know if there is an autocorrect feature with this version. I used this feature in other word versions but cannot find where it is at in this version or if it exists. I liked it much better than macros. ...

Backing Up The Autocorrect
Dec 17, 2010

I use Microsoft Word (I think the 2004 version but I am not exactly sure.  I have a zillion entries in Autotext and Autocorrect and need to know how to back up these dictionaries onto a CD so I don't lose them if something happens to my computer.  It would take forever to enter all of these again.  Can someone tell me how to do this?  Thanks a million have a very HAPPY HOIDAY!  Lets all hope 2011 is better than 2010 (can't get much worse! LOL) ...

AutoCorrect Hyphen
Mar 24, 2011

How do I create a hyphen for my age macro in AutoCorrect. I need to have a macro formatted as -year-old. I have Word 2007. Thank you so much! ...

AutoCorrect Transfer
Jul 22, 2011

I have Word 2007 and need to transfer my AutoCorrect entries onto my laptop.  Can anyone tell me how to do this, please?  ...

Backing Up Autocorrect
Nov 21, 2011

I am trying to find out how to back up my autocorrect.  I work in Word 2003.  I need to back it up so i can use on new computer.  Does anyone know how to do it. ...

Does Windows 7 Have An Autocorrect?
Dec 10, 2011

I'm starting with Transcend soon and will be having their program downloaded.  I bought a new Windows 7 computer and can't find the autocorrect.  My older computer is a Windows XP and autocorrect has always worked great for me.  I'll need to supply my own word expander program.  Should I use the old computer or is there an expander program that works great with Windows 7?  Money is tight for me right now so I was hoping to stay with autocorrect. ...

Does Anyone Use Strictly Autocorrect?
Sep 14, 2012

I've had a dreadful time with IT Pro (it keeps crashing Word, sends an error message, sometimes recovers my document or I simply end up losing documents). I've both called and written to the company but they refuse to help me because I bought it used from someone and say they don't support the older versions anymore. Well....I'm through with them, their horrible product, and their nonexistent help. Thankfully I didn't purchase the newer version if this is how they treat ...

Autocorrect For Windows 7
Sep 22, 2012

Does anyone know if you can convert autocorrect from Windows XP to Windows 7? ...

Is AutoCorrect A True
Oct 25, 2012

The MTSO I will be starting with requires Word AutoCorrect as an abbreviation expander as we cannot download anything on their computer. I have never used AutoCorrect and do not know how to access it nor do I know what the keyboard shortcut keys to use. Is there any info anywhere on how to effectively utilize AutoCorrect as a word expander? I have Word 2010 ...

Word Autocorrect
May 24, 2013

I have been blessed with being able to work for smaller companies for the last 9 years.I just started with a new company and the platform doesn't support Word so I can't use my autocorrect, which I have been building shortcuts in all this time. We have tried pcshorthand/speedtype and are having issues with the expansion. I so miss typing in Word. Is not supporting Word the trend of the future? Should I just accept it, or look for something that I can still use Word in? ...

Ugh - I Hate AutoCorrect. I Am Considering
Nov 02, 2014

give me any advice on this program?  I've never used Instant Text before...or Autocorrect (used to work for MM - they had their own expander)....but now I have a job where I use MS Word.  It's taking forever to make my expanders....and now I am hearing that if you put too many in there it can slow things down?  And that it's easy to lose all of your expanders!  Does anyone love/hate Instant text as compared to AutoCorrect? Do you think it's worth the mone ...

Autocorrect Suggestion Box?
Jun 19, 2015

Hi, can anyone tell me if Autocorrect has a suggestion box that stays open while you type? I had been using Shorthand for 8 years and then just got a new job where they won't allow us to use anything but Autocorrect. It is their computer, a Thin Client, which does not allow you to upload anything. With Shorthand and Instant Text a suggestion box pops up showing you all the possible shortcuts and I can see in Autocorrect where you can type in your shortcut and the expansion that it repres ...

For EScription, Is AutoCorrect Of Shorthand Better, If I Do
Dec 19, 2009

AutoCorrect seems much easier to deal with, but won't handle long canned text, and there is no "normals" program in eScription I can add long reports to.   I cannot tweak Shorthand to my liking; no matter how much I try, I still have to fight to get a lot of terms to expand.  It's really annoying.  But it can handle unlimited entries and long blocks of Text that AutoCorrect can't. ...

AUTOCORRECT/WORD 2007
Jan 18, 2010

I recently started working at home using Word 2007.  I have put all of my shortcuts into the autocorrect feature and this has worked out wonderful for me and I am not looking to change that.  I do, however, need to find out how to BACK UP/SAVE that file!!!  I don't know what I will do if I lose all of this information! I have thought of trying Carbonite Backup, but I'm sure there is a cheaper way! TX ALL! ...

Can I Use Autocorrect Or ExpandType In BayScribe?
Nov 15, 2010

Can I use Autocorrect or ExpandType in BayScribe? ...

Autocorrect/word Expander
Dec 08, 2010

Hi, I have recently updated my Office Word from 2003 to 2007. I knew where my autocorrect/word expander was in the old one, but the new version llooks a bit different. I am trying to locate where this is in my menu bar, does anyone know where I would find it? Thanks! ...