A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shhhh Secret but tomorrow's MT Week recorded - msg is by Sally Struthers.

Posted: May 23, 2013

Sends chills up your spine, doesn't it?  

And your point is? - ??? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Will they be handing out matchbook covers with that - advertising MT careers?

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the laugh. I remember those ads. Maybe we all need a little bit of Sally.

Similar Messages:

Where Is The History Of MT Recorded???
Dec 04, 2010

I need to find a credible source/s providing a detailed history of medical transcription - does anyone have any suggestions? I am a transcription supervisor writing a research paper on transcription for the degree program I'm currently in and the "history of" section I planned to include is proving pretty difficult to compose due to a severe lack of information. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. ...

Where Are Line Counts Recorded?
Dec 26, 2012

New to  Nuance. How do we verify line counts? I can't find where they are recorded and the Webclock has nothing.  Thanks ...

Has The Recorded Voice Quality Changed?
Oct 19, 2010

I am hearing voice that is being drawn out, smushed, altered, very hard to differentiate the sounds to figure out the words.  Sometimes I get a few of these in a row, and they usually seem to be the MT jobs.  Anyone else have problem, or is it my ears not getting enough fuel due to Headings hyperattentiveness. ...

What Is The Secret?
Apr 07, 2011

What is the secret to passing the mttest?  Way too many years of experience and its not going well on that test site.  Are they reviewed by a computer program or real people?  Any advice? ...

Ok, Webbies, What Is The Secret
Apr 07, 2010

Those getting 300+ LPH with ASR, is that on M-modal?  If so, how in the world are you managing these line counts? ...

Another Nuance Secret Name? S/m
Aug 31, 2012

I googled MT Companies and found a site with a list of supposed companies who are hiring.  I could tell this was outdated by some of the company names who have been taken over/sold.   I clicked on a company called "Heart Landis" and guess whose website popped up?  Nuance. ...

Unlocking The Closely Guarded Secret
Apr 14, 2010

I am a current Spheris employee, hanging by a thread with this merger. I am trying to make a true informed decision about whether I want to accept employment. However, reading through the literature they have provided, there is nothing about pay scale.  We all know how closely guarded these things are, but how can we accept a job that we don't even know what the pay will be? I understand that things will stay status quo, until such a time as they don't.  I want to kno ...

Anyone Have Secret Fantasies Of Anonymously Calling The Facility--sm
Apr 18, 2013

and educating them about what truly constitutes a STAT.  Just because something is dictated by a resident does not mean it is a stat, especially if the discharge was 4 months ago.  Of course, I also have fantasies of conducting a class for residents, helping them to utilize their critical thinking skills and critically evaluate the pertinent information for the report instead of talking for 30-45 minutes about stuff that does not need to be on the chart for the umpteenth time.  If ...

Frustrated With "secret" Starting Pay
Apr 29, 2012

I find myself "shopping" for another MT company and have really had it with the "competative pay" rather than just coming right out and telling what they start their MT's at - anyone else? I really want this amount listed as some applications/tests are just not worth my time.  I have 15 years of experience to offer these people and am tired of being treated as a begger when I ask their pay scale before wasting my time. I would love it if all of us working now would just post our cpl ...

Medical Records Are Recorded In "mosaic" And "Empec"
Nov 14, 2011

? ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Interviewing Tomorrow A.m.
Oct 19, 2010

I'm interviewing tomorrow morning with Amphion.  Even after all of these years in the MT business, I admit that while I'm excited, I'm also a bit nervous.  Has anyone else interviewed with Amphion recently and can clue me in on what to expect?  I was told the interview process would take about 30 minutes but no other details.  Thanks for any input anyone can offer :-) ...

Who Will I Work For Tomorrow?
Oct 10, 2012

Very appropriate. ~ A Nuance MT.   http://hdstoday.com/?p=203#comment-444   ...

Beginning Tomorrow
Feb 23, 2013

beginning tomorrow, I will be working any time, any day, whatever it takes to get my hours/lines in.  There is work in the afternoons and on the graveyard in my region and I will be there.  Whatever it takes. ...

What A Relief. Tomorrow Is My Last Day.
Jun 13, 2013

I turned in my resignation 2 weeks ago and my last day is tomorrow.  No more nagging about line counts and MUP when they can't even pay me minimum wage (although mine is the second highest in the nation).  I've done this work for almost 9 years now and have enjoyed it, but the pay is just getting too low and I'm sure I can find something better in another field.  Good luck to you all. ...

I Am No Longer A MT- Tomorrow Will
Sep 30, 2014

my new life of not dealing with trying to produce a medical report for a MTSO to look good and make profit.  How things have changed in the medical world and it is getting ulgier by the day.  The demands put on MTs are totally unreasonable.  I am walking away because of retirement and I am thankful I can.  I honestly do not know if I could survive under the stress of trying to produce perfection for such minimal pay and know that a MTSO is making as much as me for each line I ...

Off To Virginia Tomorrow
Jan 24, 2015

Well, everything is all set.  I have all my reservations and my travel plans set.  Leaving tomorrow at noon, meeting the team on Monday morning at 8:15.  I'm scared to death!!  Besides this being my first filight EVER, I'm nervous about the second test that I'll have to take - I'm hoping that I pass!   ...

I'm New To MQ- Does The Pay Period End Today Or Tomorrow For The
Dec 14, 2009

They say the new pay period begins on a Sunday, so I was just wondering.  TIA I'm also going to have to teach myself how to use TimeWorks or what ever the clocking system is called.  Is this difficult? ...

No Holiday Pay Tomorrow, Right? My Daughter Gets
Apr 03, 2010

Talk about degrading! ...

Was Looking Forward To Payday Tomorrow Until
Jul 14, 2010

I got an email from HR today that my husband was 'accidentally' added back on my insurance.  Note that he has not been on my insurance for almost a year.  How this happened I have no idea. That means my paycheck tomorrow will have about $400 deducted from it just for that error.  The email basically said "Ooops, sorry about our mistake you will be reimbursed with *next* paycheck." That means a 2-week wait for their mistake.  I am not desperate for the money (thank ...

Boss's Day Tomorrow! If You've Got A Good One Let Them Know.
Oct 15, 2010

I know there aren't very many of you that probably like your boss enough to send them a gift, but if you DO happen to have a nice boss it wouldn't hurt to tell them so they don't become mean and cynical like the rest of them!  Employers like to hear it when they do a good job just as much as the employees do! ...

Interviewing With Medquist Tomorrow.
Jan 10, 2011

Interviewing with Medquist tomorrow.  Good or bad idea to take position if offered?   ...

My Group Is Starting DQ7 Tomorrow. There Goes...smg
Apr 18, 2012

my line count, glug, glug down the crapper.  Have gone over the tutorials about a dozen times, but there are sooo many changes, the main one being in the appearance of the screen.  Also, some key commands stay the same, some now do something totally different, plus there are new ones.    I am sure not looking forward to tomorrow.  ...

Non DSP Conference Call Tomorrow
May 15, 2012

Is there anybody else out there that is a newbie with Nuance and has to attend teleconference tomorrow to go over getting us off of non DSP.  Just curious.  I would like to tell them that if they had consistent QA then it might be easier!! ...

Job Interview Tomorrow Morning..
Mar 02, 2014

I have an interview for a full time medical office assistant position tomorrow morning.  Things are still going pretty well for me with MT right now, but part of me feels like I need to get out now..  BEFORE the bottom falls out... (even though in my situation, there's been no indication to think it it will)  I'm sooo scared to make this change ...scared that I won't get the job, but also strangely scared that I WILL get it.... I have no idea what it pays, but it&# ...

Practicing For Job Interview Tomorrow
May 27, 2014

Everything I have seen about successful job interviewing says NEVER say anything negative about your current employer.  So fellow N MTs, any good suggestions of what I could say that would not be a bald-faced lie? ...