A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Unlocking the closely guarded secret - Pinko

Posted: Apr 14, 2010

I am a current Spheris employee, hanging by a thread with this merger.

I am trying to make a true informed decision about whether I want to accept employment.

However, reading through the literature they have provided, there is nothing about pay scale.  We all know how closely guarded these things are, but how can we accept a job that we don't even know what the pay will be?

I understand that things will stay status quo, until such a time as they don't.  I want to know what MQ is paying their transciptionists.

Anyone brave enough to spill the beans?

They will give you a direct offer and it will more than likely - be higher than current EEs make. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

apparently you missed the part about current pay in acceptance letter. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Why would you even consider employment without knowing - how much you will be paid

[ In Reply To ..]
Why don't you ask the company?

Unless one accepts the offer - Pinko

[ In Reply To ..]
you are not entitled to know. That's the way this business works.

I did look over the literature. If there is a pay scale somewhere in there that I missed, I would appreciate someone pointing it out to me.

We are currently being grandfathered in at our current rates. I am not working under the assumption this will stay long term or even short term. As I am higher level, higher paid MT, I am very concerned about being one of the first to be scrutinized, my team as well as the account itself. MQ is going to want to cut money any way it can. That's the way it works. They are going to be running with too much overhead.

I am trying to look at it as if I were coming off the street and they offered employment at what their current pay scale is.

I am loathe to have to accept a letter of employment just to find out how much I may or may not be making a year from now. Another year wasted.

It doesn't hurt to accept the offer and start with - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
them, but also put feelers out and see if there is something else out there that will pay what you are currently making or even more. I wouldn't just quit and sit there without a job until you find something else.

Go read the MQ board. - shhhhhh

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if you stay at your current rate, they will dock you 3 cents a line for sending too much to QA. They have this whole nifty formula worked out for it. So basically, if you want a second pair of ears to listen to a word, don't bother sending it to QA if you want to keep your pay.

And forget about raises. They took those away along with 401k matching. Even sent us all an email telling us that while trying to sound nice at the same time.

All in preparation to spend millions on buying Spheris.

you have choice of staying or moving on. - good luck to all.

[ In Reply To ..]

Funny when MQ bought out a hospital in my region, they told the MT sm - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
exactly what they were willing to pay her. It was too low for her being very experienced and she did not accept the offer. This was probably 10 years ago though. MQ has gone downhill for many years, treating their empoloyees worse and worse as time went by!!

Spheris - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Spheris. I asked whether I would be paid for for acute care than what I am doing and supervisor said no. I do clinic notes, inpatient reports, admission history and physicals. So, admit H&Ps are acute care, but I don't do all acute care. I get paid 8 cpl transcription and 5.34 cpl for SR.

pay - susie

[ In Reply To ..]
Sure, I'd be happy to tell you-- I just hope you are sitting down for this one. I currently make $7.23/hr with NJA most of the day. Been looking elsewhere for the past 2 months. If possible, I would highly recommend you find another company.

Similar Messages:

What Is The Secret?
Apr 07, 2011

What is the secret to passing the mttest?  Way too many years of experience and its not going well on that test site.  Are they reviewed by a computer program or real people?  Any advice? ...

Ok, Webbies, What Is The Secret
Apr 07, 2010

Those getting 300+ LPH with ASR, is that on M-modal?  If so, how in the world are you managing these line counts? ...

Another Nuance Secret Name? S/m
Aug 31, 2012

I googled MT Companies and found a site with a list of supposed companies who are hiring.  I could tell this was outdated by some of the company names who have been taken over/sold.   I clicked on a company called "Heart Landis" and guess whose website popped up?  Nuance. ...

A New "Compliance" Coach? Makes Us Sound Like Parolees Being Closely
Jul 21, 2014

Wonder if we'll get an "ankle bracelet."  ...

Anyone Have Secret Fantasies Of Anonymously Calling The Facility--sm
Apr 18, 2013

and educating them about what truly constitutes a STAT.  Just because something is dictated by a resident does not mean it is a stat, especially if the discharge was 4 months ago.  Of course, I also have fantasies of conducting a class for residents, helping them to utilize their critical thinking skills and critically evaluate the pertinent information for the report instead of talking for 30-45 minutes about stuff that does not need to be on the chart for the umpteenth time.  If ...

Shhhh Secret But Tomorrow's MT Week Recorded
May 23, 2013

Sends chills up your spine, doesn't it?   ...

Frustrated With "secret" Starting Pay
Apr 29, 2012

I find myself "shopping" for another MT company and have really had it with the "competative pay" rather than just coming right out and telling what they start their MT's at - anyone else? I really want this amount listed as some applications/tests are just not worth my time.  I have 15 years of experience to offer these people and am tired of being treated as a begger when I ask their pay scale before wasting my time. I would love it if all of us working now would just post our cpl ...