A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am no longer a MT- tomorrow will - be the first day of

Posted: Sep 30, 2014

my new life of not dealing with trying to produce a medical report for a MTSO to look good and make profit.  How things have changed in the medical world and it is getting ulgier by the day.  The demands put on MTs are totally unreasonable.  I am walking away because of retirement and I am thankful I can.  I honestly do not know if I could survive under the stress of trying to produce perfection for such minimal pay and know that a MTSO is making as much as me for each line I produce; sickening!!  It saddens me that anyone has to continue with this type of employment, even though some sugar-coat how much they like it and how much $$ they make, the truth is MTs have been taken advantage of.  My family and friends are so glad to see me walk away.  This is not a job that at the end of the day you are energized, at least not me, I am exhausted especially when the day is longer because the work comes in slow, the dictators are mush-mouthed, V-Wreck is a joke and the pay has fallen to having to do more and more work.  If I could have 1 wish, it would be to have each and every MT that has been forced to work for a MTSO the financial stability to get out and leave each and every one of them without anyone to do their work, to have the suits that make the $$ from us actually try to do the job we do. 

Yes, I am very resentful and believe me my path has not been as bad as many I read about.  I am thankful I am able to walk away and perhaps find something to do that I enjoy.  I think the most exciting part is not having my job at home any longer.   Yes I am happy but a part of me is sad, leaving with liking the work but having such a hatred towards those that lied to gain the contracts and their profits at the cost of destroying the incomes of so many that only wanted to work and make a decent living.  MTs deserved to be treated as human beings not just a profit for some suit to live a lavish lifestyle!!

Congratulations! - Well said, and the best to you! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That is WAY AWESOME! :) :) :) - Kindred Spirit

[ In Reply To ..]
!!!!!!!!!

No one makes you become an MT and no one - makes you stay

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been in this business for longer than you and no one has destroyed anything that pertains to me. The only person that can taken advantage of is the person who allows this to happen. No one holds you hostage, no one holds you a slave. I make good money still. This thing about the demise of MT work has gone on for years on this board, same story forever. My VR is excellent and others could find and have the same experience if they were willing to look for it. I do not HAVE to continue working but I want to continue, could retire but do not wish to. Not everyone has the same oh woe is me story.

No one makes you become a MT- - hope the fall off your

[ In Reply To ..]
pedestal is not to far!!

That was mean spirited and you proved... - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
her point!

No, no one makes anyone do anything - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do you feel it necessary to scorn those less fortunate that you? Your post was full of I, I, me, me, me.... So what. Glad you are doing well, but that should not make you feel entitled to speak down to those who are not.

This field was an excellent choice many years ago. I stayed and stayed, and like you, made plenty of money also. The last 3 companies I worked for in 25 years have been bought or gone under. Now I am up in years. I am still good at what I do, but my income has taken a dive. I only have a couple years to retirement. I am still here because I do not need the income I used to, and after looking for a job for a year in a very rural community, I see age discrimination is alive and well. So here I am, just waiting for retirement, a golden handcuff situation.

You are pretty lucky, but don't be so quick to judge. You could find yourself in the same or worse situation than many MTs right now. It can literally happen overnight, and I certainly would not be one to talk down to you, insinuating that you are lazy and not "willing to work, as you have posted.

You make up things, like insinuating laziness - and "not willing to work"

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe you are replying to someone else's postings because that was not in mine. I have read these same posts for several years now here and all the same. No one holds a gun to your head and makes you do this job. If a person is taken advantage of, then maybe they should look at why. Have never ran into age discrimination like others state here, never seen it and I am very much up in years now. If you don't want to read what "I" write, then look elsewhere.
Still me, me, me - 1 more mess for you
[ In Reply To ..]
Just because you have not experienced low work, pay, mistreatment, age discrimination, etc. does not mean others have not.

And by the way, these posts that you "have been reading for years," if they disturb you so much.....don't read them.
You can read and write just about anything - here, do what I want
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, "I" can do what "I" want and "I' don't have to answer to you. "I" can state more anything here as long as no cussing and being responsible. "I" have been here for years and "I" will continue to read and write like "I" want to. Now mess with that.

Bah Humbug! - Could you just say

[ In Reply To ..]
"Congratulations" or say nothing at all? Or start your own self-congratulatory post? OP, Congrats!

If you want to get out of MT work, fine but to - chew other things that have gone on for years

[ In Reply To ..]
now and the people still stay right where they are, nothing changing except maybe the drop in pay, sing-song type posting. These same issues were here on this board 4 or 5 years ago, how MTs were taken advantage of, how to form a union, sweatshop job and so on. Everyone talks but hardly anyone does anything except stick around doing the same and complaining.

Similar Messages:

No Longer With MM
Jun 27, 2015

I am so thankful that I am no longer with MM.  I quit in May and it is the best decision I have made in a very long time.   I got so tired of the unreasonable hours, the constant changing of hours/days.  I got tired of the threats about quality (which is definitely unrealistic), then you get the threats about not having enough lines.  I don't have to tell all of you what  a terrible journey it is with MM.  It is the kiss of death and it will never be any b ...

I Can't Wait Any Longer!!!
Apr 19, 2010

Okay! I've had enough.  I was going to hang in longer but I am now being Aggressive and sending my resume out!  I won't be doing MT work anymore -- that's for sure!  Perhaps working at the local community college if not for the government.  At this point, I don't really care what I do because anything is better than this!  WooHoo!  It's a AHAA movement for me.  It won't be long now.  Best of luck to those who chose to stay wit ...

Are We No Longer Getting Break Pay?
Aug 17, 2012

I noticed today that the break pay section of the timesheet was gone today and when I clocked off a minute ago after working for 7 hours that in the "break" box, it said 0.00, when usually it would be 0.33.  Anyone know?  I know it's not a lot of money, but I usually get about 3 hours per pay period and about $30.  I would hate to lose that, cause every dollar counts. ...

How Much Longer Will This Continue?
Jan 25, 2013

I'm told the low volumes are due to the time of the year. I just don't remember this happening in past years. My time sheet has 10-15 entries by the time of the day - this is nuts. Can't take no pay, can't use up all my PTO in a week. Seriously, what are we supposed to do? ...

I Cannot Do This Any Longer, Having Points Taken Off Because
Mar 06, 2014

of leaving out the word "a", this is ridiculous. Whenever I think about quitting I feel happy; whenever I think about working I feel sad, micromanaged. Life is TOO short. Just my short rant. ...

I Think I'll Stay In Transcription For A Bit Longer
May 03, 2010

I seriously considered bagging transcription.  But as my child comes in and gives me hugs and my teenage daughter asks what I think of something, I am glad I am available even though the money is not happening. ...

Finally, No Longer An MT! Yippy
Jul 29, 2011

I have been looking for a job in the medical field in my city for nearly a year because I am soooooo tired of being an MT.  Finally, I got a new job today!  I am so fortunate as I live in a smaller town and there aren't many health care related jobs here.  In two weeks I will start my new job as a claims examiner I have experience doing this years ago).  Yippy!  M-F 8-5, health insurance is free for employees, paid holidays, paid vacation, and steady work!  To ...

Done I Will No Longer Search For Old Reports To See What Your Saying
Mar 08, 2012

Dont care who gets the reports to fix them but Im done..Takes too long to look in docqmanage to figure out who algekafhj, PAC is...too long to find you exact wording for your stupid closures...I am convinced that as long as we send them through QA and the doctor himself doesnt have to fix it, IT WILL NEVER CHANGE...Slow their day down a bit, they dont seem to mind slowing my money down... ...

While I Do Not Work For Transcend Any Longer, I Did
May 13, 2012

contact them about my current company.  I told them there is not a company out there that pays decent wages and I am lucky to bring home $150 a week currently.  Maybe we can get ALL these MTSOs to pay decent wages!  Finally! ...

I Am No Longer Going To Blame Myself As My MTSO Does
May 16, 2012

for lousy dictators!!  I am just fed up with being blamed for the dictator's inability to speak fluently.  I am just NOT going to blame myself any longer, nor am I going to shoulder the blame from the MTSO.  I am going to tell them talk to the doctors and I do not want to hear it again! ...

I Would Like To Do A Search... Is That Option No Longer Available? Nm
Aug 24, 2012

nm ...

My TL No Longer Shows Up On My Comagent
Nov 16, 2012

I just noticed today that my TL no longer shows up on my comagent.  I always keep it open on my desktop and can tell who is on and who isn't and her name is always there regardless of whether she is working or not and then today all of a sudden her name is gone.  Very strange.  Her email address still shows up though ...

Shorthand No Longer Being Provided
Dec 05, 2012

The Web/Nuance part has been told next year we have to buy our own Shorthand license.  I know Transcend downloaded for me (and am still using at my PT job) shorthand licensed to MDI way back when.  Will we get to keep that?  If part of Nuance (Trans/Nuance) gets to have it provided free I would think they could figure a way to let the rest of us have it also.  ...

No Longer Wasting My Time
Feb 11, 2013

Trying to figure out what you are saying by going through older reports..Speak correctly and normally and we will all get along much better...If I cant train ASR, and I cant, then Im gonna try and train the doctors..I crack myself up, they cant be trained either. Enjoy the blanks guys and gals.. ...

M2 Does Not Allow Posts On Their Page Any Longer
Aug 26, 2013

after all the comments about the layoffs I guess they decided to nix that option all togehter.  you can comment on their posts/pictures but not write on their page.  ...

Win XP No Longer HIPAA Compliant?
Jan 13, 2014

This was in the ad on the Job Seekers board for Rad/Onc MLS for SmartType: "Windows XP is no longer HIPAA complaint [sp] and no longer supported by Microsoft" Has anyone else heard about this and if so, why is it no longer HIPAA compliant? ...

Can No Longer Pull Up Old Reports In Dep?
Jun 23, 2014

I went in to try and get an old report from DEP and all I can get is job submission stuff..anyone else? I rely pretty heavily on being able to pull up previous reports for crazy terms and this 30-day limit in Fluency is not cutting it. ...

Does Precyse Typically Take Longer Than The
Aug 21, 2014

24 to 48 hours to respond to you about testing results?  I took the test Tuesday morning and am waiting on pins and needles. ...

No Longer Surprised But Always Still Upset--sm
Nov 06, 2014

Yes, I have seen this enough times that it no longer surprises me.  There were 18 reports on my primary.  I have an hour left of my shift.  When I anticipated downloading the next one, all 18 were gone, gone, gone.  It is upsetting.  I would try adjusting my schedule but it would do no good, there normally is too little work during that time as it is.  I already will be taking about 3 hours of PTO for being OOW on Sunday.  It would be 4 but I have made up some ...

LE No Longer Works For Nuance.
Jun 12, 2015

x ...

Interviewing Tomorrow A.m.
Oct 19, 2010

I'm interviewing tomorrow morning with Amphion.  Even after all of these years in the MT business, I admit that while I'm excited, I'm also a bit nervous.  Has anyone else interviewed with Amphion recently and can clue me in on what to expect?  I was told the interview process would take about 30 minutes but no other details.  Thanks for any input anyone can offer :-) ...

Who Will I Work For Tomorrow?
Oct 10, 2012

Very appropriate. ~ A Nuance MT.   http://hdstoday.com/?p=203#comment-444   ...

Beginning Tomorrow
Feb 23, 2013

beginning tomorrow, I will be working any time, any day, whatever it takes to get my hours/lines in.  There is work in the afternoons and on the graveyard in my region and I will be there.  Whatever it takes. ...

What A Relief. Tomorrow Is My Last Day.
Jun 13, 2013

I turned in my resignation 2 weeks ago and my last day is tomorrow.  No more nagging about line counts and MUP when they can't even pay me minimum wage (although mine is the second highest in the nation).  I've done this work for almost 9 years now and have enjoyed it, but the pay is just getting too low and I'm sure I can find something better in another field.  Good luck to you all. ...

Off To Virginia Tomorrow
Jan 24, 2015

Well, everything is all set.  I have all my reservations and my travel plans set.  Leaving tomorrow at noon, meeting the team on Monday morning at 8:15.  I'm scared to death!!  Besides this being my first filight EVER, I'm nervous about the second test that I'll have to take - I'm hoping that I pass!   ...

I No Longer Work For Keystrokes But Waiting On W2 (sm)
Jan 30, 2011

I know they have until tomorrow - but just wondering if current employees already have theirs - so I can contact company by 1st.  By the way, I loved working for them, just had a change in personal situation.  ...

Lines -  It Takes Me Hours Longer To Get What I Used To Get
Nov 08, 2012

Is anyone else having trouble achieving their daily goal since all the work has been pooled together here at Nuance?  It takes me hours longer to get what I used to get. ...

License For Speedtype Was No Longer Valid
Feb 23, 2013

I am currently an Exact-Med student.  They give each student Speedtype.  I had been using it, but my husband updated our Soundcard and then it said that my license for Speedtype was no longer valid.  So I had to purchased a new llicense for a "new computer" since by updating the sound card it changed settings on our hard disk.  Then we went on vacation and turned our computer off for 2 weeks and when I restarted it, it says my license is not good anymore....don't know why, but apparentl ...

SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION No Longer Has A QA Staff
Apr 12, 2013

Saince Transcription no longer has a QA Staff. They let them all go about a month ago. The MTs have been divided into teams with a team leader who is doing all the QA for the team. This poor team leader is really doing the QA for nothing, they get an extra 10% on their cpl rate to offset doing the QA, but sounds like that could really cut down your production. The hospitals they type for don't even know it has happened which sounds illegal or at the very least unscrupulous. They signed ...

Creation Of 'super Regions' So Do We No Longer Have A BOB?
Nov 06, 2013

just got the email from my HSDM.  Don't want to copy word for word on here.  ...