A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what is the secret? - goodgrief

Posted: Apr 07, 2011

What is the secret to passing the mttest?  Way too many years of experience and its not going well on that test site.  Are they reviewed by a computer program or real people?  Any advice?

years of experience - passed many tests

[ In Reply To ..]
While you may have years of experience, this doesn't mean your actual transcription skills are up to par.

Companies use different tests on Mttest.com but an MT who knows her stuff should have no difficulty whatsoever passing them.

If you're not passing, I'd take a step back and see where your skills could use improvement.

Don't be too harsh...maybe she needs to see this (sm) - Yochana

[ In Reply To ..]

As you can see, this was posted nearly a year ago and it was quite an eye opener for many....didn't save all the responses, but there were many that didn't know once you had hit the button that says "Save report and go to next report"  the report was permanently saved and any changes you made after that would not apply. 

Here are the original posts, I hope it helps those who did not see it the first time:

On the mttest.com site, once you get to the transcription portion, you will probably have more than 1 report to transcribe. Usually they have 4 reports.

You can "save" any report at any given time and take a break (log out and come back another time to finish). This simply saves the information you have transcribed. You can go back to the site and pick up where you left off. You can also use this feature to do a "draft" on all reports and just simply "save" so you can go back and re-read or re-listen before submitting.

You also have the option to "save this report and go to the next report". This will permanently save the one you just finished and mark it with a green checkmark and move you to the next report. You cannot go back to the previous report once you choose that option.

My advice is to simply save each report so you can go back and work/proof/re-listen, etc., until you are ready to submit that report. Then choose the "save this report and move to the next one" option. Review that report and repeat until all 4 have a green checkmark next to them.

Then you click the button that submits the whole transcription portion. You cannot go back once you click that button.

I have a question about this - #3 Posted: May 13th, 2010 - If you mark the report save and go to next report it will let you go back in to edit it, but does it not save the changes you make? I think that is what I have been doing wrong. I got feedback from a company saying that I had 11 errors in 4 reports and I knew there was no way that was possible. I had listened to those sound files 3 times each and made corrections. But, I had marked them complete and went to the next and then went back to proof and correct them. So, did it not save the corrections I made when I went back and listened again?

Once the green check mark is in place there are - no changes made to the transcription tests

Posted: May 13th, 2010 - 1:14 pm In Reply to: I have a question about this - #3

So if you went back and listened once you had already hit the box that said save this and go to the next file, no, none of your changes were made.

OMG.....that is what I have been doing wrong - No wonder

I feel like an idiot. No wonder I wasn't passing these test. I thought that was the only way to move on to the next test was by marking it save and go to next test....jeesh. I actually had a company nice enough to tell me what my errors were in the report and while she was telling me, I was wondering does she have the correct test, because I know I didn't leave those mistakes in there. Well now maybe I can find a decent job since I know this.

Sorry - but

[ In Reply To ..]
This speaks to being able to read and follow directions. You shouldn't need them explained to you. Just my (likely unwelcome) 2 cents. But I wouldn't hire someone who couldn't follow the directions in the testing portion (or application) process.
Then aren't we glad you aren't an MTSO? - yochana
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I'm not? - ya never know
[ In Reply To ..]
You don't have to be an MTSO to have the chance to hire (or not) MTs.

I see enough people whining they can't get a job and I'm seeing the reasons why. It's NOT a website and it's NOT the economy.

Type the audio in word - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
Use your own dictionary and expanders and then copy and paste the typed files into the MT test site.

Look up (or google) every one of the multiple choice questions to double check your answers. Use the "search" function in a PDF copy of the book of style to double check any formatting questions.

Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Ok, Webbies, What Is The Secret
Apr 07, 2010

Those getting 300+ LPH with ASR, is that on M-modal?  If so, how in the world are you managing these line counts? ...

Another Nuance Secret Name? S/m
Aug 31, 2012

I googled MT Companies and found a site with a list of supposed companies who are hiring.  I could tell this was outdated by some of the company names who have been taken over/sold.   I clicked on a company called "Heart Landis" and guess whose website popped up?  Nuance. ...

Unlocking The Closely Guarded Secret
Apr 14, 2010

I am a current Spheris employee, hanging by a thread with this merger. I am trying to make a true informed decision about whether I want to accept employment. However, reading through the literature they have provided, there is nothing about pay scale.  We all know how closely guarded these things are, but how can we accept a job that we don't even know what the pay will be? I understand that things will stay status quo, until such a time as they don't.  I want to kno ...

Anyone Have Secret Fantasies Of Anonymously Calling The Facility--sm
Apr 18, 2013

and educating them about what truly constitutes a STAT.  Just because something is dictated by a resident does not mean it is a stat, especially if the discharge was 4 months ago.  Of course, I also have fantasies of conducting a class for residents, helping them to utilize their critical thinking skills and critically evaluate the pertinent information for the report instead of talking for 30-45 minutes about stuff that does not need to be on the chart for the umpteenth time.  If ...

Shhhh Secret But Tomorrow's MT Week Recorded
May 23, 2013

Sends chills up your spine, doesn't it?   ...

Frustrated With "secret" Starting Pay
Apr 29, 2012

I find myself "shopping" for another MT company and have really had it with the "competative pay" rather than just coming right out and telling what they start their MT's at - anyone else? I really want this amount listed as some applications/tests are just not worth my time.  I have 15 years of experience to offer these people and am tired of being treated as a begger when I ask their pay scale before wasting my time. I would love it if all of us working now would just post our cpl ...