A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech folks - TTMS

Posted: Sep 04, 2014

The silence is deafening. I'm waiting for something to happen this week, just don't know what it is. Has anyone lost an account to India yet? I haven't lost my account yet but I'm sure that's going to happen someday sooner if not later. Too bad they couldn't have been more open and honest with us. 

bought out too? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Were you bought out by imedx too? When they bought out the company I worked for all but 1 account went to "other teams." Everything but 1 account went to speech editing and then just went away (to India I am assuming). They will not tell you. You will just sit there and slowly but surely run out of work. That was my experience. The only emails we got were from the higher ups to let us all know about the new Vice President of such and such and how we should all jump for joy that they have hired another upper management person...made me sick.

Who cares about their promotions? - fed up

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a slap in the face to tell us about the promotions, lining their pockets, when I'm about to be out of a job and can't buy groceries as it is. They don't care about me so I don't care about them. Like Donald Trump says, it's not personal, it's business.

Waiting - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Wondering also when the ax will fall. Work has trailed off, but that's typical during any holiday. Will "know" more if work doesn't pick up again before the major holidays. A reassuring email from the office would be helpful. Assuming there's a reason for the silence. I like the company, hoping things work out.

Everything seems normal - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't rely on this as my main income, so I might be calmer. I completely understand the anxiety.

I have experienced everything to be completely normal other than we will have to use iMedX email soon. Pay has been normal, communication has been normal. Work has been a little slower, but I try not to panic around a holiday.

My regular job is hospital-based and it is very slow right now (for what it is worth). That, of course, affects the overflow work leaving the hospital (i.e. we aren't sending much) so the MTSO won't have any either. Work may not be going to India, it may be going to the hospital-based MTs, if that applies to your accounts.

The key word here is - SEEMS

[ In Reply To ..]
For those of us who depend on this as the main or major source of income, just because everything SEEMS NORMAL TO YOU, gives no indication of what is going on. Everything seemed normal for the year before the actual announcement of the acquisition, which by then was a done deal. All employees should be as prepared as they can be for the changes we all should expect are on the way... and soon. It's no big secret what has become of all their acquisitions in the past, and there is plenty about it in the archives. It is foolish to think otherwise. It has been said before, the aim of all of these acquisitions is the accounts, not the employees.

You apparently are one of the very few who has an hourly in-hospital job and use TT for supplemental income.

They did away with internet reimbursement the day of the conference call. I would also point out that pay has not been normal. Don't you remember that we changed payroll processing companies within a week or two? Don't you remember that we went from being paid every 2 weeks to twice a month? And with that twice a month pay change, it takes them nearly 15 days to pay us when the pay period ends? All accrued PTO was paid out shortly after the announcement. We changed to a different 401K. The insurance plans have changed and are nowhere near as good as what they were before. It doesn't even look like there is any employer contribution to the insurance premiums at all.

If you have a regular full time job and are only using this to supplement, what have you got to panic about? I think it is important here that the majority of TT employees who depend on that income to pay their living expenses each month to be aware that we will not get any forewarning of the changes to come, and that if they are not actively making plans, at the very least they need to be aware that there will indeed be changes that will have a great impact on their income.

The track record for how Imedx treats the employees for their acquired companies is well documented in the archives here. It really gripes me when someone who is only a part time employee comes on here and tries to tell people who really depend on this income to feed themselves that everything seems normal. There's nothing normal about using an email account that is India based.

You can keep your rose colored glasses on because you can afford to do that. For the rest of us, I would advise against that and at the very least say to prepare for a lot of changes in the next 6 months. I think by the 1 year mark from the buyout that Imedx plans that everything by then will be run their way.

Maybe you'll wake up the day that the account manager that you report to just vanishes with no explanation.
Really wasn't saying you shouldn't panic - particularly if that is
[ In Reply To ..]
you're only source of income.

I don't really consider the changing pay schedule a problem. It is a pain in the __. I don't like it either, but small, so long as you get paid and it is all there. TT pay schedule was incredibly good, this one is bad, but not worst. (I've worked for a variety of services over the past 25 years--and waited and waited for pay, sitting on $1000 phone bills, waiting and waiting for reimbursement. Those were the old days. Costs have become a bit more manageable--groceries and gas not so much.

I was only offering one small little glimpse that there was a moment or two of normalcy still. I would have also offered if I thought there was anything particularly odd. I stated I was part-time to show that I did not have the FT person experience--benefits and such. My FT job has gone through changes too, but I guess I just keep sucking it up. My pay has changed drastically in the FT, but that didn't seem pertinent to this convo.

There really is no need to respond so harshly, except for fear, which I understand makes us mad and sort of mean. I offered right up that I was part-time and SEEMS is a really big word. Would you rather not hear from anyone but the people who have your own opinion? Does it help your fears to only hear other fears? I've been listening to paranoia for 25 years when hospitals first started sending stuff out and transcriptionists on site wanted to hoard the work in their desks. I think this panic is more warranted, but maybe not (that is a little maybe, I can't type smaller). The good ole days, when we would look at each other when OOW and say, "enjoy it while you can."

The real fear here is that TT will just disappear. AND, if I worked for them FT---I would seriously be looking for another JOB (I would be working 2 FT jobs....from what most of you say, it isn't really FT anyway, so I would juggle) My mind isn't in that gear, so I don't have any good recommendations, but I would have my foot in another door, as I do with TT--and since my senses have been saying lately to put my other foot in another door also (yes, try to work 3 jobs) I don't know anything to say but, yes, you are probably right, run, run for whatever you can find.

I agree. Everyone needs a Plan B... - ... like yesterday
[ In Reply To ..]

There will be no warning when your job suddenly dries up or you are let go.  I've had this happen in a variety of ways in the last several buyouts I've been through.  Work either dries up, which forces you to go find another job... or they get 25 or so people together in a "conference" call and tell them they're being laid off, let go, whatever term they choose to use.  Unemployment takes weeks to get going.   My warning to all of you is that there will be NO warning.  

Why am I still doing this type of work after 25+ years, you ask?  So many reasons, namely because I'm in my 50s and I'm terrified no one will hire me.  Transcription is what I went back to school to learn all those years ago and it's a profession I have perfected.  I once was highly valued for my expertise.  Another huge drawback to going out and finding a new career is that I have no clothes to wear in an office.  I have worked in sweats, shorts and tank tops, and my pajamas for 25 years.  The main reason I started in this career in the first place was to be able to raise my family as a stay-at-home mom.  Even now, with the kids almost all grown... I just can't imagine ever having to put on pantyhose and heels and go back to work in an office swarming with politics and gossip and pettiness.  Been there done that.  

Unfortunately, however, I am once again being forced to look for other options.  I can't just sit around waiting for the axe to fall again.  I'd be an idiot to think the same thing isn't going to happen again that hasn't already happened to me several times in the past.  You always gotta have a Plan B for this type of work, and the sooner, the better.  Because of my career choice and my limited options at my age, I fear I will have to live with one of my kids until the day I die... probably slumped over the keyboard at 80 years old with qwerty stamped in my forehead. 

I hate what my life has become because of this business.  I once made a buttload of money and now, I'm having to ask for aid from the state for food and utilities.  

Lost account to iMedX - yar

[ In Reply To ..]
Immediately lost my secondary account to iMedX, was told it was on a different platform so had to go over to them. Oddly, I haven't gotten any e-mail about transitioning over to iMedX e-mail. Worried.

IMEDX email - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
original email went out 07/23/2014. I would email tech and tell them that you didn't get it. Could it be in Junk email? I had one from account care do that the other day. Just all of the sudden, one of them, which I see all the time, took a dive to Junk email.

TransTech Folks - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't seen any difference in the accounts I work on. I was a hospital transcriptionist for 29 years before being "sold" by the health system I worked for to a MTSO (not to TT). There is a signed contract between the client and the MTSO. Yes, the MTSO can "suggest" sending work to India to save on transcription costs - that is what happened to me, but it's the client's decision where the work goes. What the health systems here is "you're going to save $$$$$ by outsourcing to India, and the quality will be just as good." The Health systems are gobbling each other up,too - it's all about power and $$$, not health care. The little guys go with the best big guy they can find, trying to stay alive, and that is what TT did. Look at it this way - they could have gone with Nuance. As far as being paid only twice a month - that is the way insurance companies and banks do it that way, too - you're paid on the 15th and the last day of the month. Hospital work flow is NOT steady - there are so many variables. Just hurts more when you're getting paid by the line, rather than the hour.

Similar Messages:

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Okay Webmedx Folks...
May 30, 2011

What is a SWAT team position?  I have never heard of that, so I was curious what it was.  ...

Older Folks
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone in their 60's (I'm 66) who is studying to become a coder?  If I begin with Andrews, I will be probably 68 when I'm ready to apply for a job.  Is this realistic, or should I save my money?  Thanks. ...

So Long Folks
Nov 20, 2013

I've posted here from time to time and now I will say good-bye.  I've typed my last line for MM.  I'm fortunate that I am able to retire and I have nothing but sympathy for those of you who must remain.  Will probably still check the board occasionally.  Hope you can all survive. ...

.......And That's All She Wrote Folks!!!!
Mar 10, 2014

After a buy-out, pay cuts, more pay cuts, lies, PTO that never gets approved, mandatory overtime, working 7 days a week, empty accounts, and finally an accuracy rate of 99.6% (soon to be 99.7%).... many tears, sleepless nights, worrying, and making myself sick - I finally have made the move.... and I'm outta here!!!!!!   And with the new CEO letter that came out today... perfect timing!!   I wish you all well if you stick it out with this miserable company.  I hope ...

Softscript Folks
Jan 07, 2015

Does anyone work for, or have any input on Softmed?  I see their ads on MTDaily, but never see anything posted (recently) here.  Thanks ...

Any Folks From MDI Get Notified Of Pay Decrease?
Oct 16, 2009

Has anyone been notified that they are not producing enough so their cpl is being cut?  Have you been reduced/demoted to prn?  Is the reason you have not produced enough because there is seldom work available?  I see trouble ahead.  ...

Questions For Current QA Folks.
Nov 02, 2010

Was wondering when the ad reads CPL for QA if that means the lines for the whole report you QA or just what you fill in for blanks.  Also, with your company, do you do feedback to the MTs?  I did QA a few years ago and do realize requirements in this position most likely are different with each company. but in that experience, I was required to give feedback on their form and it was such a cumbersome and time-consuming form, I made more doing VR/text. ...

AHDI Wants To Know Why Folks Are Not Renewing CMT.
Aug 27, 2012

Can't wait to mail my *reason* back to them. I can hardly wait for the mailman to collect my reply, and this is just my opinion. I'm sending the below to all three persons at AHDI named on the inquiry. 1. My company (and others nowadays) do not recognize CMT status any longer. 2. Why should I *recertify* myself to obtain a basically minimum wage-paying career, which is what the MT field has become these days, and the pay is getting lower as time goes by. I do applaud their efforts ...

Switch To Coding, Folks
Oct 15, 2012

It's Gonna Be A Long Day Folks
Nov 23, 2012

nm ...

Keystrokes Folks: How Are Things?
Nov 09, 2013

Is it worth applying these days? Thanks for your honesty. ...

Can You Folks Get This, Not Sure Of The Exact Spelling
Feb 23, 2015

She improved after taking a s/l "crunel bar" and an orange. Thanks in advance! ...

Just Baked A Cake, Folks...remembering When
Dec 13, 2011

around this time in the afternoon, yesteryear...I would take a look at my line count. It might read 2500 or so...I might decide to take a hiking, biking or swim break and if I chose, come back later at night and add another 1000 into the mix for the day...that would be a $350.00 day. Work flowed 'round the clock, I stayed in hotels for 1 or 2 months out of the year--window by the sea, as I transcribed away in front of a gorgeous view...but today, the only numbers before me are those on the ...

May I Make A Suggestion To Younger Folks
Nov 12, 2013

Here's one that I wish someone had recommended to me back when I was pursuing my bachelor's degree:  Take ROTC.  Seriously.  When you graduate with that experience on your resume, prepared to be a military officer, you won't regret it.   Here's another one I wish I had considered when I was younger, which may still be available to me even at my age:  Library Science.  sounds boring right? When I was in school I'm sure I thought, "I don ...

Now I Understand Why Folks On Here Loved Ambulatory. Sm
Oct 28, 2014

Now I understand how there were glowing reports of being happy and making good money.  Welcome to the way acute care works ambulatory folks.  We have a pool of accounts and reports come in with the one closest to turnaroundtime first. No picking or choosing what you transcribe or edit.  Like I have 7 accounts and get all work types and dictators. At least that is how it works for my group that was swallowed up by the N.  We have a schedule and we have to stick to it unless we ...

401K Benefits Are Available To Part-time Folks?
Mar 12, 2012

Does anyone know off the top of their head if the 401K benefits are available to part-time folks?  ...

Seems A Good Time To Post This Information Again, For Any New Folks.
Mar 05, 2015

Please be aware that communicating with anyone privately via the email address you utilized to set up this account permits a straight path to your computer. The folks you would LEAST want to know who posted whatever you might have posted are VERY slick at coming off completely innocently when asking you to "please send this to me if you are not comfortable posting it to the board." This is your hint to say, "no thanks, I'll stick to the public board." If you slip up and do as they ask, thes ...

Oh, Wait Bayscribe/futurenet Folks...changes Are Forthcoming And We
Mar 19, 2015

nm ...

M*Modal Folks: Do You Really Have To Log Out Just To Take A Bathroom Break Or Stretch Your Legs? Is
Sep 03, 2012

That is utterly horrible.  I had been thinking of applying for part-time to supplement my full-time job, but this is too much.  I used to work for Transcriptions Ltd way back before MQ got involved.  I work for Nuance now (came from a great company they bought out...grrr).  ...

Hey Wannie, Isn't It Nice That We Do Not Have To Endure The Wrath Of The Bitter MQ Folks Anymor
Dec 17, 2011

I must say, so not going to miss the bitter ornery folks on this board!  Soo glad to be out!!  Doing the happy dance as we speak!  I hope you "steal" a few extra lines this week! ;) Enjoy that cushy day shift a few more days (yes, my tongue is in my cheek).  I don't think there is anything cushy about wondering if you can pay your bills because MQ took all your old accounts and gave them away to their "old" employees without any regard for the people that had to work fo ...

Very Few Posts On Here Anymore. Fewer And Fewer Folks Fooled By VR Promises.
Sep 26, 2011

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...