A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question on amount of audited reports - Nuance - Curious

Posted: Jan 05, 2015

I'm wondering, how many reports on average are pulled each week for audit?  Does anyone find it varies, for example, they may pull 1 or 2 one week then 7 or 8 (that are all 100% accurate) the next week, but keep pulling until they find something to knock down your accuracy rating for that pay week so you end up with 12 or 13 reports audited? 

It's not consistent... - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had them pull only a couple, then pull over a dozen, and they seem to stop after the audit a report that will bring me down to 99% or below. I have worked at Nuance for over 4 years, and I have always had the required over 99% accuracy rating for the weekly bonus, now I have gotten a huge cut in pay with the new plan. I have not been able to find a consistent pattern, if it's percentage of reports or percentage of lines edited/transcribed. It doesn't seem very random or transparent to me at all.

It's not consistent - cr - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
That's the same thing I'm finding, once they knock you off the grid, they go amazingly quiet with the audits. It really is a shame they aren't consistent with the audits or how they do the audits, certainly could make our lives a lot easier if they were. Thanks for the info.

According to the FAQ in Enrich, it will be 1% to 2% - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
of total lines. However, last week I had 2% audited when I checked on Friday morning and had 100% QA. Later in the day, a "random" 137-line report (by an ESL) was pulled which brought my percent to 4% and it had an error (which I can't relisten to and confirm) that knocked me off the grid and dropped my pay rate for the week by 3 cents per line. I don't think it was random at all. I think it was to knock my rate down because the prior 3 weeks I had made 11 cpl. JMO.

I've had 3 one week and then 15 the next, I have no idea sm - QC

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Any document returned by a client will be automatically QA'd also. - At least on my accounts.

[ In Reply To ..]
Furthermore, I was told to NOT submit reports for any assistance with blanks. One of my accounts permits one blank, but now if there are two, I also still submit with notes to the client.

I feel set up to fail, big time. Bypass assistance with a troublesome report so I can be immediately QA'd if the report is returned? One of the most unethical "set ups to fail" by a supervisor, imho.

Now, with the elimination of the team lead positions, I guess there will be no assistance available at all, no matter how many blanks? How smart is that?

Similar Messages:

Prior Audited Reports
Jul 08, 2014

Can anyone please tell me how to get in to look at reports you were audited on?  I go into the Fluency Transcription Manager and then Job Search, but from there I don't know what  to do.  Thanks! ...

How Many Reports Get Audited Each Week?
Jan 23, 2015

I've only had 3 reports audited this week - it's my first complete week no DSP status.  How many should I expect to have audited?  I have two 100% and one 99.2.  <Fingers crossed> ...

So Apparently For Those Of Us With No Audited Reports In FIESA....
Dec 17, 2014

.. we get an automatic score of 99.0%. I have one report in there on 12/3 but no reports for the pay week of 12/6-12/12, so they assigned me a score of 99.0%. The one report that is in there from 12/3 is higher than that. I have no idea what they base this 99.0% score on. I guess this is just a number that felt right to them, so they went with it. I'm not the only one with no audited reports for the pay week and a 99.0% score. This must be an automatic score you receive if you have no audti ...

Listening To Old Reports In Ediscript (Nuance)
May 12, 2014

Okay, I know there is a way to listen to our old reports but for some reason I cannot do it anymore.  When I open up the dictation search and click on the speaker button to listen, I get a blank escription audio window that pops up with nothing.  Any ideas?  ...

Does Everyone At Nuance Receive Metric Reports
Jul 03, 2014

TSM takes metric reports as gospel but there is no way they can be accurate with the line count and actual hours on server.  I am sitting here waiting for work to trickle in.  That reduces my line count and I think hours on server because I am not actually producing work that the server counts. Just wondered if all employees receive metric reports and what you think of the accuracy.   ...

MT Pay Versus What Nuance Charges Per Line For Hospital Reports
Jun 07, 2014

Does anyone know or maybe even make an educated guess...how much a hospital might pay per line to have Nuance do their reports?  We are guessing somewhere .12 to .15 upwards to .20/line.   Of course they are claiming that this will save them all sorts of money and we'd like to know if they are really going to save as much as they think they are.  Oh...and did I mention that Nuance said they wouldn't be sending anything to anyone who didn't speak English ou ...

Same Amount Of Work, Less Pay?
Dec 04, 2013

Does anyone else suspect their company is fiddling with the software, thereby paying less to MTs for the same amount of work?  I switched accounts last summer, within the same company, to a hospital that pays more, sure that my pay would increase.  Lo and behold, I just noticed on my paycheck that I'll make about 5,000 to 8,000 less this year than last, and, if anything, I'm working more hours.  Truly infuriating because there is no way to prove it. ...

Does Anyone Know The Down Time Amount From-SM
Feb 27, 2014

Tuesday.  I need to see how much "time" I need to make up to get my hours in....ugh! ...

What Do You Think Is An Acceptable Amount Of
Jun 21, 2014

ESL per account for .07 cents a line? I have been getting 2 in 3 ESL for the last 3 months now. Never used to be that way. Not just ESL, but difficult ESL that do 15 to 20 minutes at a time. They changed on me without saying anything. Is this a normal amount or am I being used? ...

Expression Of Dollar Amount. Please See Msg.
Nov 16, 2009

Doctor says: "She is carrying about 12 to 15 thousand dollars in credit card debt." Do I put it $12 to $15 thousand, $12,000 or $15,000 or as above? Thanks. ...

Zylomed - Amount Of Work?
Aug 06, 2010

I recently started with Zylomed and I am a 'floater'.  Does anyone have any experience with this company and if there is enough work as a floater?  I am trying to decide if I want to keep doing this or just take on some accounts that would be my own. Thanx!! (:   ...

What Does $1 Per Audio Minute Amount To? SM
Jul 12, 2013

I've never been paid per audio minute.  What would 1 dollar per audio minute come to if I can type 300 lines per hour?  Does anyone have an equation I can plug the numbers in to or any idea what a ballpark figure would be for this?  Thanks.   ...

Amount Per Audio Minute
Jun 01, 2015

Hi there.  Does anybody know what the going rate per audio minute is?  I'm used to getting paid hourly.  Thanks all! ...

Being Paid A Lower Amount Than Promised
Dec 18, 2009

Has anyone ever signed a contract with a company that specified a certain cpl and then when you started, you discovered that you  were being  paid a full cent less, with no explanation?  How did you handle it? ...

Personal Accounts And Amount To Charge?
May 27, 2013

Just wondering......I am an IC right now, but I have the opportunity to pick up some extra work from my own personal physician.  He was asking if I could type some of his more complicated PFT reports that he does not want to do on the EMR program they have.  I have not done any personal account work for a very very long time.  Back when I had accounts....we would go pick up the cassette, print out the stuff and take it back.  I was wondering if anyone out there has any person ...

Being Audited?
Dec 11, 2009

Am I being audited?  Lately, I have had work show up in my QA'd in box that I have not submitted, but there is no score in the score column.  These aren't doctors that have previously been on 100% QA.  The corrections have mostly been little picky things, things corrected to something that is not per the client protocol  such as changing the patient's name to the patient or fixing what was verbatim to a better sentence (our accounts are verbatim).  ...

I Am Being Audited And Since When Do We Not Sm
Jun 22, 2012

put a dash between 2 adjectives describing a noun such as African-American female and when did we start not putting a dash between 2 vowels such as intraabdominal and uteroovarian ligaments?  I am being marked down for this sort of thing?  I don't understand when did this start? ...

MTs, How Often Do You Get Audited?
Jul 26, 2012

s ...

Re-audited
Dec 10, 2013

Just got an audit report. I noticed that the subject line said re-audit. Huh? Didn't even know I was in "trouble". I am the MT who failed an audit last week by 0.15%, and, I am also the person who got dinged for "adding" the word "and" when they claim the doctor said "uh". I passed this re-audit. Wonder if I will be audited again next week. I think I have been audited 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Twice since "failing". So, I have passed 2 out of 3 audits. ...

QC Being Audited?
Dec 17, 2014

Keep hearing that QA and QC are audited also.  Anyone willing to share info on that.  I am betting there is no way they are audited as strictly as we are and who the heck audits them anyway.  they audit each other?  that's sweet.  Seriously, anyone have info on their requirements to share. I feel like they are sitting in judgment on us and have control over our wages, but we are constantly told they are monitored too.  Will have to prove it to me.  I don& ...

Nothing Like Being Audited The First Day.
Mar 16, 2015

I am already being audited the first day since chaning over to a new POD. LOL, they could not even let me get through the first week.  ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

What Do You Guys Think Is An Appropriate Amount Of Time For Research For A Report?
Oct 14, 2009

For say a syndrome, a drug, a doctor's name/address, facility name/address, etc.?  If I think I can hear the dictation correctly I do spend an extended amount of time because I KNOW I can find it.  However, if it is ify as to what I am hearing or the spellings could be a dozen different things, I ususally send to QA because if I am not sure - it's probably going to end up to QA anyway.  I NEVER look up a doctor's name if the first name is not dictate ...

Taxes - Got Back A Lot Less Than Last Year Yet Made The Same Amount
Feb 12, 2010

Well got taxes done and got back a lot less than last year yet made the same amount. Did they change something? This is so discouraging.  ...

Transcend Xmas Gift Card Amount?
Dec 20, 2011

Since I did not get a gift card yet, I'm curious about the dollar amount on it.  Please don't tell me its a $5 gift card to Starbucks. ...

Question About Audio Hour Pay/amount Of Lines
Aug 20, 2012

Not sure if this is on the right board but it's about a general transcription question so I think so.  Does anone have an idea of how many lines someone would type in an audio hour of transcription?  Sorry if that sounds like a ditzy question but since I have always been paid by the line am wondering about being paid by the audio hour.  Any input would be appreciated.This would be general transcription. ...

I Have No Patience For The Amount Of Corrections Needed Today!
Oct 12, 2013

I swear the speech engine just makes up the output as it has no resemblence to what the doctor says! We got a note stating we were making too many errors and our quality had gone down, with a side note that QAM knows we are struggling to maintain our counts, but this does not matter. Every once in a while I get told to slow down. Heck,I doing the best with what I have and the fatigue of doing this all day. Only minor errors such as leaving in an extra pronoun or such. I don't ...

Must Be Getting Audited Tonight.
Apr 16, 2010

Multiple picky dings for punctation which I disagree with.   Stuff marked as critical which is not.  I want to say something not so nice, but I'll hold my tongue.  Oh well, let me go so I can get unemployment. ...

My CCM Just Called. I Just Got Audited.
Jun 15, 2011

I hope this post quells some tempers and fears.  Obviously there are a lot of audits going on.  I got the call and my CCM said "just wanted to let you know that you are going great.  You were audited and are right where you need to be with quality and are above production level".  She said thank you very much and that she appreciated my hard work.  I asked her if she ever frequented this board, she said yes.  I told her about the firing posts and she said that peo ...

Had A 3-line Job Audited...
Jul 26, 2011

and was dinged 0.25.  Pulled in the job, and the only thing the auditor changed was to remove my period and replace it with a period.  There were no comments to explain why the ding.  This is the 2nd time this has happened (exactly the same both times).  Anyone want to take a stab as to why they'd do this? ...