A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What do you think is an acceptable amount of - Frustrated

Posted: Jun 21, 2014

ESL per account for .07 cents a line? I have been getting 2 in 3 ESL for the last 3 months now. Never used to be that way. Not just ESL, but difficult ESL that do 15 to 20 minutes at a time. They changed on me without saying anything. Is this a normal amount or am I being used?

The deal - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not work for .07 cpl--that's 7/100 of a penny. I would not work for 7 cpl ($0.07), either, for difficult dictators. I want at least 10 cpl ($0.10).

I have never heard of working for under a penny per line, so I would be gone right then and there anyway.

Do you really think she meant .07 cpl? - do you enjoy being demeaning?

[ In Reply To ..]
Why rub someone's nose in a typo? She already feels abused at her job. You know she meant 7 cpl. No one works for 7/100 of a penny.

No kidding ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The superiority complex people have around here is mind-blowing. It never ceases to amaze me how nasty people are around here to one another. They just gotta get a jab in ... makes them feel superior in some freakish, twisted way.

but Nuance is getting closer and closer to it - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xo

FYI, 0.07 is 7 cents, 1.00 is a dollar - MacroDiva

[ In Reply To ..]
Still isn't very much, though, is it?

Point being 7cpl is demeaning. and on difficult ESLs - stop the nonsense

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately with voice recognition, all the good dictators are gone...either to the Dragon or overseas. We have been used and now are being abused also.

Sorry for the typo, I was really tired and - Frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
frustrated when I wrote it. Thanks for the backup too. :-) I think I got my answer. They just went to voice recognition 3 months ago. They're giving me all the crap work now that can't be done on VR. Certainly not for 7 cpl. Or $0.07 per line or 0.07 cpl. LOL Time to leave this job. Now I know what they're doing it will just prey on my mind all the time and turn me negative to my job. Not a good way to live. Thanks again. Appreciate the input. I hope I haven't put any typos in here, but if I have, just put it down to I'm really bummed about my job and sad to have to leave it.
No need to apologize many understand too well. - been there too
[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately most of us all feel the same. A "career" gone overseas. "THE WORLD OF PSYCHOLOGY" states the final stage of a career is "the maintenance stage" (age 45 to retirement) in which the goal is to protect and maintain the gains made in earlier years. Hello hopeless, helpless, and worthless...and that's my 0.2 cents, 2 cents, 0.02, or TWO, too.
Pay no attention to Annie behind the curtain. - you are fine. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
I do it that way all the time. .07 w/o the dollar sign, no biggie.

You Make Almost Twice As Me - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
You make 7 pennies a line for editing? I make only 3 and 3/4 pennies a line for editing. I work for Nuance. Can I ask where you work?
Meh--NO, she makes 7cpl for ESL traditional dictation! - Not for VR
[ In Reply To ..]
Nobody is paying 7cpl for VR, even if it is all difficult ESLs and extremely difficult dictation and programs. Oh, that was because the Dragon reps there said "your employees can do double," and that is when they were paying 8 cpl for traditional. That's where they got the 4 cpl, and then some now have shaved it to 3 and say "it is the going rate." A penny or two has to go to Nuance. Each service will find some way to profit, albeit not counting spaces, headers and footers, or hidden lines only they get paid for. They demand a minimum of 200 to 250 lph for a 65 character line for VR no matter what program, doctor, or account...and that is considered minimum wage.
This 3 cpl stuff is making me physically and mentally - sick...this is all just
[ In Reply To ..]
So unreal. Saw an ad for MM the other day where they were offering 0.035 & 0.065 for IC. I understand people need work, but I certainly hope no one applied. Now to hear Nuance is hiring people in at that...just at loss for words.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but I reas reviews for both Nuance and MM employees on Indeed.com. Most of the reviews were from non-MT employees like engineers and developers who gave both companies horrid reviews, but many commented on the awsome pay, parties and luncheons. One Nuance person commented on the continuing education opportunities that are offered to everyone in the company with the exception of the "MTS side of the company." It's a shame the way MTs are treated. The reviews were an interesting read, learned a lot about both companies and they all (mainly Nauance) came from the high paid non-MT employees. Many of them enjoyed the quirks, but outside of that had nothing good to say about the companies. Sorry to ramble on, just thought I would mention that.
Thanks for the info on the people at the top of food chain. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Knew that the top dogs are the greedy ones. Nuance has their sales people and the ones who are getting the gravy. This truly is a career that we are kicked to the curb. Pimping comes to mind.

Similar Messages:

Acceptable? Or Not?
Jun 03, 2011

Which of the following is acceptable when transcribing drug doses? 30 mcg o.d. 10 mg q.d. 1.0 mg 10 mL I think it is 10 mg q.d., but with everything changing I am unsure. Please help and thank  you! ...

Q.h.s. Is Now Acceptable?
Apr 08, 2012

twice now and it is accepted..I just cant bring myself to accept that especially since BOS says no..So what is the order we use in importance..this is really screwing me up...AGAIN... ...

I G An Acceptable Abbreviation?
Sep 21, 2011

I have always spelled out gram but have seen people use g.  Is that acceptable?  Sometimes I find I have been doing something (thinking I had a reason for it) but find out later it was just something I got in my head.  ; ) ...

Is Phalanxes Now Acceptable?
Oct 19, 2012

I have always learned phalanxes was always wrong, but I have a dictator who dictates phalanxes throughout the report and the online dictionaries say both phalanxes and phalanges. ...

Acceptable Quality Now 99.3?
Dec 11, 2012

they raised the bar again? 99 was impossible now it has to be 99.3? ...

Is Kilos Now Acceptable?
Feb 18, 2013

I'm an MME and have always had it drilled into my head never to use kilos for kilograms as it can be the short form of many different types of measurements.  I see ASR constantly typing kilos now and nearly all the MEs I QA leave it as kilos.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but was taught (and reprimanded by QA) that it should be kg. ...

What Is The Acceptable Rate For ASR Reports? (sm)
May 25, 2011

Thanks for the reply.  Have a wonderful day ...

Can Someone Tell Me If These Computer Specs Are Acceptable...
Oct 13, 2014

for most jobs: HP DC5800 Desktop PCDual Core Processor 2.0GHz 2 GB 160GB HDD Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit. Thanks! ...

Are 2 Page Resumes Acceptable?
Dec 16, 2014

x ...

Same Amount Of Work, Less Pay?
Dec 04, 2013

Does anyone else suspect their company is fiddling with the software, thereby paying less to MTs for the same amount of work?  I switched accounts last summer, within the same company, to a hospital that pays more, sure that my pay would increase.  Lo and behold, I just noticed on my paycheck that I'll make about 5,000 to 8,000 less this year than last, and, if anything, I'm working more hours.  Truly infuriating because there is no way to prove it. ...

Does Anyone Know The Down Time Amount From-SM
Feb 27, 2014

Tuesday.  I need to see how much "time" I need to make up to get my hours in....ugh! ...

Expression Of Dollar Amount. Please See Msg.
Nov 16, 2009

Doctor says: "She is carrying about 12 to 15 thousand dollars in credit card debt." Do I put it $12 to $15 thousand, $12,000 or $15,000 or as above? Thanks. ...

Zylomed - Amount Of Work?
Aug 06, 2010

I recently started with Zylomed and I am a 'floater'.  Does anyone have any experience with this company and if there is enough work as a floater?  I am trying to decide if I want to keep doing this or just take on some accounts that would be my own. Thanx!! (:   ...

What Does $1 Per Audio Minute Amount To? SM
Jul 12, 2013

I've never been paid per audio minute.  What would 1 dollar per audio minute come to if I can type 300 lines per hour?  Does anyone have an equation I can plug the numbers in to or any idea what a ballpark figure would be for this?  Thanks.   ...

Amount Per Audio Minute
Jun 01, 2015

Hi there.  Does anybody know what the going rate per audio minute is?  I'm used to getting paid hourly.  Thanks all! ...

Being Paid A Lower Amount Than Promised
Dec 18, 2009

Has anyone ever signed a contract with a company that specified a certain cpl and then when you started, you discovered that you  were being  paid a full cent less, with no explanation?  How did you handle it? ...

Personal Accounts And Amount To Charge?
May 27, 2013

Just wondering......I am an IC right now, but I have the opportunity to pick up some extra work from my own personal physician.  He was asking if I could type some of his more complicated PFT reports that he does not want to do on the EMR program they have.  I have not done any personal account work for a very very long time.  Back when I had accounts....we would go pick up the cassette, print out the stuff and take it back.  I was wondering if anyone out there has any person ...

What Do You Guys Think Is An Appropriate Amount Of Time For Research For A Report?
Oct 14, 2009

For say a syndrome, a drug, a doctor's name/address, facility name/address, etc.?  If I think I can hear the dictation correctly I do spend an extended amount of time because I KNOW I can find it.  However, if it is ify as to what I am hearing or the spellings could be a dozen different things, I ususally send to QA because if I am not sure - it's probably going to end up to QA anyway.  I NEVER look up a doctor's name if the first name is not dictate ...

Taxes - Got Back A Lot Less Than Last Year Yet Made The Same Amount
Feb 12, 2010

Well got taxes done and got back a lot less than last year yet made the same amount. Did they change something? This is so discouraging.  ...

Transcend Xmas Gift Card Amount?
Dec 20, 2011

Since I did not get a gift card yet, I'm curious about the dollar amount on it.  Please don't tell me its a $5 gift card to Starbucks. ...

Question About Audio Hour Pay/amount Of Lines
Aug 20, 2012

Not sure if this is on the right board but it's about a general transcription question so I think so.  Does anone have an idea of how many lines someone would type in an audio hour of transcription?  Sorry if that sounds like a ditzy question but since I have always been paid by the line am wondering about being paid by the audio hour.  Any input would be appreciated.This would be general transcription. ...

I Have No Patience For The Amount Of Corrections Needed Today!
Oct 12, 2013

I swear the speech engine just makes up the output as it has no resemblence to what the doctor says! We got a note stating we were making too many errors and our quality had gone down, with a side note that QAM knows we are struggling to maintain our counts, but this does not matter. Every once in a while I get told to slow down. Heck,I doing the best with what I have and the fatigue of doing this all day. Only minor errors such as leaving in an extra pronoun or such. I don't ...

Question On Amount Of Audited Reports - Nuance
Jan 05, 2015

I'm wondering, how many reports on average are pulled each week for audit?  Does anyone find it varies, for example, they may pull 1 or 2 one week then 7 or 8 (that are all 100% accurate) the next week, but keep pulling until they find something to knock down your accuracy rating for that pay week so you end up with 12 or 13 reports audited?  ...

Those Working In Hospital What Is The Minimal Amount Of Minutes Required
Jan 27, 2010

I started this job back in April, when this hospital decided to bring its transcriptionists back in-house.  Small 200 bed hospital and they hired another person and myself.  We both have 30 years experience, but she is more so clinic specialty (ophthalmology) and myself all acute-care with 10 of those years working for MTSO.  There is no set minimum of lines nor minutes; however, the work is very much backlogged and now they are looking closer at our production as it relates to mi ...

Is It Common To Have A Limited Amount Of Work During The Summer Season?
Aug 05, 2012

I'm curious if this is throughout a lot of MT companies where the summer seasons are the slowest in terms of receiving work. I used to have an abundunt amount of doctors to transcribe for across multiple accounts, but now all of a sudden that has changed, and I am almost always out of work and I no longer transcribe for what I'm estimating as half to 3/4 of the list of docs. Is this something normal? Do doctors get together and take a 3-month hiatus at once, or something...? I'm p ...

Weird But It Seems I Am Doing The Same Amount Of Work But Lower Line Count
Apr 26, 2013

did they possibly change the character count per line so we make less money? ...

"pulsox" - Is This An Acceptable Abbrev Of Pulse Oximetry?
Nov 30, 2011

My speech rec continually transcribes "pulse ox" as "pulsox".  I have never seen it this way before -- thoughts on whether this is an acceptable format (since abbrevs are allowed) or should be changed to "pulse ox".   Thanks! ...

"hemat" Acceptable Short Form
Feb 16, 2010

Is "hemat" an acceptable short form for hematocrit?  I don't have an example and I can't find anything in my resources indicating it can be or shouldn't be used as such. Thanks! ...

So "pee" Is Now An Acceptable Term For Urinate?
Feb 19, 2014

x ...

Rectal Exam: "small Amount Of (s/l Fos) In The Vault."
Mar 04, 2010

I know she means fecal material but don't feel license to put that in. ...