A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Prefer short reports or long reports? sm - SleepyMT

Posted: Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?  

I definitely prefer very long reports! 

well I always say - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
that MT lines are golden (we all know that), op reports are silver, and short reports are copper (which is also good). I don't like long reports because I get too restless.

Short! - Jen

[ In Reply To ..]
I prefer short ones. I get really annoyed with the longer ones. They just wear me out. And especially if the doctor is one of those boring monotone guys--yuck! I can do just as many lines with short reports.

Short - I do diagnostic imaging - al

[ In Reply To ..]
Some are 2-3 seconds long. At close to $2/per report - I want 'em as short as possible!

love 'em long, and get better line counts. - no msg

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Prefer short, too injured for long reports sm - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Although you make more money on the long reports because you are not wasting your time naming files. Bless the transcriptionist who is transcribing my long ones for me!!! I have radiculopathy and my hands would be done in for the rest of the week. I am so grateful for her help.

Depends - Edie

[ In Reply To ..]
...on who's dictating. I've had some folks I could listen to all day :)

SleepyMT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I definitely preferred long reports. I am very fast at the keyboard and could really rock and roll with the long things.

Similar Messages:

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Short Reports
May 03, 2012

What are considered "short reports" according to line counts?  It seems to me I have been typing a lot of them lately.  Today,  I have edited around 20 reports with only 1 being over 30 lines.  This is typical on my account, but I am new so not sure if that has something to do with it or not.  I have a pretty high requirement to hit, but with at this rate, it is pretty slow going. Is this pretty common? Thanks. ...

I Hate Really Short Reports..
Aug 07, 2012

Most of the time if a report is a minute or 2 long, that's no big deal. But I just had a report that was all of 20 seconds. I spent more time in the ADT screen (verifing and adding in things the clinet wants) than I did proofing it (ASR report like always), and it ended up being a measly 2 lines. Wow, I just made a whole 8 cents. That will almost get me a package of Ramen noodles. Thanks for letting me vent. ...

Tips On Short Reports
Jan 13, 2015

I got switched to a new POD and went from accounts with long reports to one with really short ones, like at least half of them are less than a minute. Between downloading and uploading and time spent in ADT, I'm struggling with my line count and I'm wondering if anyone has good tips for how to approach these short reports in order to maximize line count.    Please only respond with real tips if you actually happen to know any from experience (sorry, find a different job doe ...

Really Short Reports - Worth My Time?
Dec 14, 2012

I'm an IC and don't make a great line rate (9 cents/line) but I'm fast and my doctors are easy so it works out to a fairly good rate/hour.  My question is I've recently been given a new account with a doc who does reports that are on average only 20 seconds long.  I have to cross-reference the day sheets to find the spelling of the patients' names, as well as look up the referring doctors' addresses, etc.  I can't stand doing these reports as you ...

Concentration With Long Reports
May 19, 2015

I really need help with this. I am great with my speed and concentration on reports up to a length of about 6 minutes. If the report is longer than that, I tend to loose concentration, veer off, want to get up and change laundry or check email. VERY DISTRACTED. Any suggestions how to stay focused? ...

Long ASR Reports Bogging Down Computer
Aug 06, 2010

Does anybody else have the problem of long ASR reports, greater than 10 minutes, gradually start slowing things down the farther you get into it?  It has gotten to the point where I can't even type.  It takes awhile for any changes to even show up on screen and the audio will keep playing for awhile even if my foot isn't on the pedal.  ...

Where Are All The H&Ps, Consults And Nice Long Op Reports??
Jun 16, 2012

I've been doing this for decades as an IC but am new to working for a service. Who is getting all the long reports that you can just speed through and actually make a few cents?? All I get are jobs that take 5 minutes of busy work and a few second on the keyboard to type less than 2 minutes of dictation. What a waste. Are we being filtered these ______ jobs? ...

MT Protocol For Short Leg/long Leg Cast
Aug 16, 2012

Will someone please tell me if the terms short leg cast and long leg cast should be hyphenated, i.e., short-leg and long-leg?  Thanks to all you smart peeps.  I love this forum! ...

Reliance Standard Short- And/or Long-term Disability Claims.
Jan 02, 2013

Has anyone had the misfortune to file a disability claim through your employer with this company?  On 11/19/12 HR at my employer sent them my paperwork and said it would take 7 days for a decision.  No decision yet and HR has not followed up, so I'm hung out to dry.  I have had to call Reliance constantly wanting to know what's going on and it's one excuse after another, making them and my employer look totally incompetent.  If you're paying for short- or ...

ER Reports
Nov 21, 2009

Should ER reports be a priority? I work in-house and this week our transcription department was ordered to type all ER reports as priority, before any inpatient or radiology work. The order came from the ER committee to our department head and down to the transcriptionists. Any thoughts on this? ...

Looking Up Old Reports
Mar 07, 2010

does anyone know if this dqm lookup reports is working adequately.  It seems like a whole lot of trouble to find any. I know this was discussed down below about where the heck is dq main menu and search.  I tried looking up by dictator and its a waste of time as there are not any old reports there.  Thank you to any help out there.  ...

Anyone Know If You Can Look Thru The Old Reports When
Mar 09, 2010

you are not clocked in and working in Docuscribe?  ...

QA On Reports
May 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me since MQ has gone with the Swap Board and First Time Right, and we are sending reports, etc.  Have you had more frequency of being followed by QA?  I was just wondering how that works?  ...

Re: OB Reports
May 17, 2010

I know I will be asking many questions in the coming weeks since I am going to be taking a more active approach to studying for the second part of my final. Can anybody please tell me where I can go to get more info on OB reports online? Some of the stuff that the doctor dictates is so hard to figure out since I am not familiar with the OB terminology at all. For example..here is the physical exam section of the report (keep in mind I have flagged certain sections). Here it is:   ...

Can You Look Up Old Reports At Your Job?
Jul 28, 2010

I used to be able to at my old job last year. Now I can't do it at my new job. I asked and was told it is because of HIPAA. Can you look up old reports at your job? It sucks that I can't do it. It would help a lot. ...

Oh, No. My Op Reports Went ASR.
Aug 11, 2010

I love doing op reports even with the mandatory standards as I can insert my expansions and am very familiar with them (when I get my primary).  Now it's all ASR and I have to use those standards.  I have to cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, lose my skip markers, can't use my expansions AND I now get paid less for the reports.  Any suggestions? ...

Too Many Reports To QA
Dec 03, 2010

I just was spanked for sending too many reports to QA.  I sent ONE to QA in the last 3 months!!!  HAHAHAHA!!!  ...

QA Reports
Apr 13, 2011

Anyone out there who works remotely for a hospital.. can you tell me how your QA is done.  Wondering if most are like my employer.  Our QA is done sporadically.. maybe twice  a year.  We get a stack of reports in the mail that may be 6 months to a year old.  Our editors follow none of the standards our department has set up, and usually just whatever they feel is wrong, is wrong.  Also, we can't go back and access the voice when we are looking at the errors to ...

Where Are My QA Reports Going??????
Jan 30, 2012

I checked my work 1 hour ago.   Just checked again and all 6 reports with 100% QA are gone.   Three new reports, one with crappy grade (missed a heading), and 2 100% reports now show.    How can you maintain QA with reports flipping in and out??????  This is Nuance.  ...

Does Anyone Keep A Log Of Reports For The Day?
Apr 17, 2012

Hate to waste the time but Im gonna do it today..I have several jobs that I put through QA for terms that I really should know but cant find and I never get them back from QA with fixes...Just wondering, we were victims once before and no matter how much OT I work the counts never seem to go up much... ...

Reports
May 28, 2012

Have you ever noticed that as soon as you are proficient in an account you are switched to a new one???? AND in certain reports are required to use a standard even though it is an SR report SO you are doing straight type in an SR report, being paid at SR rate.  Something doesn't seem quite right or fair. ...

IME Reports
Jul 05, 2012

Can someone explain to me the expertise required to do IME reports as it compares to acute care hospital work? TIA ...

Reports Going To QA
Oct 16, 2012

If a report is really bad, cant even find the patient- when it is uploaded and we have a note to QA, is that report sent to be charted and the doctors, or does QA fix it, whatever, and THEN is sent? Do we do anything different so it does NOT get sent to the client first? Thanks you guys!! ...

5 Day 5 Reports For 98% On QA?
Jun 19, 2013

I was speaking with a friend of mine and he just got the last bonus and then was told he was not supposed to get the bonus because the hospital he works on doesn't get bonuses so not to expect another one and then 2 weeks ago they put him on 100% QA 5 reports a day for 5 days and then extended it for another 5 days because they said he had 98% though on the bottom of his timecard is showing 99% and the feedback has been 99%.  What are they trying to do now?  He just got a call fro ...

VR Reports -
Sep 03, 2013

I thought it was just me.  I've posted before asking for any hints to get my VR reports to go faster, but spending so much time "editing" these reports it's going soooo slow and don't know how to go faster.  Is this common with other MTs?  Any helpful ideas are appreciated. First line will be what the doc said - after the dash what the system put (and this is just one report): 55-year-old - nothing was typed she points - she reports he points transumbilical - tr ...

Looking Up QA Reports
Sep 06, 2013

How do we look up reports that have been Q/A'ed for our audit?  I thought I knew how, but I cant get anything with the numbers I have been given to come up.  Thank you. ...

OLD Reports
Dec 11, 2014

In the past 3 days I have transcribed reports from as far back as January 2013. Ridiculous is all I can say. 3 reports today were from June of 2013.  No wonder the backlog is twice what it normally is and they have to offer that incentive. We shouldn't get yelled at for something totally out of our control.  ...

I Have A Lot Of QC1 Reports....all Over 99% And Most 100%
Dec 15, 2014

until I realized that NONE of those count as far as my pay is concerned...not a one of those 100% reports matter not one iota....they are not "post-audit" reports..... Then I look in FIESA again and realize there is ONE post-audit report and one alone....and IT has a 98.9% score!  (for what THEY say was a "major" error----I have a beef with that but what can I do?)... So I am starting to see how we all are basically at the mercy of whatever they want to do.....Patient Safety Plan MY ARSE ...

QC Reports
May 13, 2015

Numerous times over the last month, I have noticed reports that I did NOT pend to QC for any issues are being reviewed and going towards my 10%.  I have had at least half a dozen already.  There were no blanks or issues with them whatsoever.  I keep track of all my reports and which ones I send to QC and to the client.  Then they wonder why people hate this fricken place and are dropping like flies!  This company is dirty and wicked all the way.  I would fight it, b ...