A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OPEN LETTER TO NUANCE SUIT TROLLS - ...

Posted: Aug 11, 2013

The recent survey was nothing more than a slap in the face to all hard-working, dedicated MLS’ biding time until a real job with a respectful employer comes along. 

You want to know what would make Nuance better?  Really, are you serious??

You demoralize, monitor, insult, and put your boot on the neck of every self-respecting MLS who puts their commitment and dedication to professional patient care ahead of all, despite the constant road blocks you throw in our path.  Let’s review shall we.

**HUGE pay cut for MLS’.  When asked in a conference call if ALL TSLs/TSMs and management were undergoing the same pay reductions – a very abrupt, sarcastically stated comment by the commentator, dripping with disgust for the person asking the question in conference was “go ask them”.  Nuance had no regard, then or now, for the hardships each of our families have had to endure because of their total incompetence, mismanagement, and endless greed.  Bet all your families eat well and regular – Cannot say the same for mine thanks to you. 

**Nuance states we can go twice as fast with the SR.  Complete total bald-faced lie.     To make a very meager $24,000 (BEFORE TAXES), an MLS can never drop below 259 LPH ($11.99 per hour), no matter how bad the dictators, SR program, illness, system problems, IT issues, down time waiting for IT, and performance of endless, NONPAID tasks that reap no financial benefit, AND THEN THE DEDUCTIONS THROUGH FIESA furthering the impact on our income.  This works out to 43,195.54 lines a month without fail.  But hey, let’s not forget that big whopping (say with heavy sarcasm) shift differential. 

**To make a base pay of  $35,000 a year, MLS’ have to do 755,939.52 lines a year, 62999.96/month, 363.43 LPH with never missing 1 single line, in 1 single hour, of 1 single day to achieve that goal.  A salary of $ 35,000.00 will certainly not put you in the country club crowd. 

**Not one TSM can produce what we have to under the restrictions forced upon the MSLs.  How many of the TSMs have to account for every single minute of their time?  How many have to “clock out” to take a pee, get a snack, answer the phone?  How many of the TSMs have pay deductions for THEIR mistakes?  How many are browbeaten over “hands on the keyboard” time? 

** How many TSMs (or any other employee) face disciplinary action and/or firing if their productive time is not what Nuance unrealistically dictates?  I personally do not know of 1 single TSM that dedicates every single minute, of every single day, of every single work week to nothing but Nuance business.  Ask them how many run to the store on company time and have another TSM cover them.   How many take personal phone calls, read personal emails, check something on line, throw in laundry, pick up kids from school, feed the dog, cook dinner without clocking out, facing the make-up to minimum  on your pay, bringing the hate gods of Nuance to deal with the slacker TSM and beat them into submission? 

**TSMs jumped on these positions, whether the TSMs will ever admit it or not, they know that these SR programs do not give you twice the income, but rather significantly reduce it.  TSMs knew they were headed for massive pay cuts as an MLS and jumped on the gravy train management team that beats the horses that pulls the load for Nuance – the MLS’.  What fate befalls TSMs and their incomes once the MLS ranks are cut next to nothing, or it goes offshore.  Fewer MLS’, no need for top-heavy numbers of TSMs.

**How many TSMs (or any other employee) receive constant, endless criticism from offshore MLS’ that file bogus FIESA scores, who are incompetent, that make reports far worse with these “bogus” corrections.  To add insult to injury, the QA/QC sends through the error-laced reports under the MLS’ name...not their own. 

** How much of the bonuses heaped on management and TSMs because of excellent performance statistics by the MLS’ ever trickle down to the MLS’? Answer is easy – NONE OF IT!!

**FIESA is a fiasco.  It is rigged and unethical because of the endless offshore that are incompetent, searching high and low for the “errors” so they can get the 40% increase in base pay Nuance advertised all over the place.

These do not begin to describe all the horrific working conditions at Nuance.  Now add to the above (and many more issues), the disrespect for the years we MLS’ have spent on our education, the money we spent on our education, and the endless self-education many of us continue daily.  Now, heap on the massive pay cuts, no raises ever in sight, a fraudulent bonus program specifically designed to keep MLS’ from achieving the bonus, putting doctors on the SR that have no business being there, dropping the SR “threshold” forcing MLS’ to a lesser pay grade for work having to be done manually. 

Nuance has done nothing but lie.  I’ve been through 2 Nuance buy outs – Both exactly the same.  Lie to every employee to keep them through the transition period, have TSMs lie to the MLS’  to “smooth” the accounts through the transition period, then hammer the MLS’ hard at every turn...oh yeah – and keep the lies flowing.   Make no mistake, to lockstep with the company talking points, the TSMs will throw the MSL’ under the bus every time. 

Then Nuance has the BALLS to monitor these boards, send email “bait” from HR, LE  specifically, to try and nail those posting here.  Yeah, like we couldn’t see that coming.   Did you  know slavery was abolished?  Ever hear of the Constitution and FREE SPEECH – guess not or LE would not be doing what she is doing.  On top of all that, Nuance has even bigger BALLS in asking MLS’ to help recruit MLS’ because Nuance cannot keep an experienced work force in place!!??  What the hell is wrong with you people??  You drive us into the open arms of your competition.  It costs Nuance far more to constantly advertise, train the endless flow of new employees than it does to keep their good MLS’ happy with a decent wage.  Try doing a little business research for the stats on the cost. 

You don’t work for minimum wage, most of you don’t even put in a full day, but you expect us to work for minimum wage, and we are not supposed to sneeze without signing out of WebClock...good forbid Nuance would pay us for 1.35 minutes that Nuance has deemed nonproductive. 

Nuance caused their own turnover and problems – it is not yet another job of the MLS to fix them.  You can begin by being honest and ethical. 

Your performance (management), as poor and incompetent as it is, reaps you a big fat paycheck.  Why on earth, for all  the indignities and abuse the MLS’ have to go through, all the education, knowledge, and skill, would you expect the engines that drive the Nuance train, yes the MLS’, to be “content” and “happy" with such disgustingly low incomes??? 

Yeah – Nuance suit trolls, you are a pathetic bunch at best!  Proud of what you are and what you have done??

This could be open letter to - MM suits.

[ In Reply To ..]
they don't even bother having "all hands" calls anymore.

All Hands? - humho

[ In Reply To ..]
What does '"all hands" calls' mean, I'm wondering?

All hands means - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Conference calls where all MT simultaneously use a hand gesture to tell MModal what they think.
Bahahahaha!! Now that was funny!! - no message
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Nuance - ex-very-short-term NTS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Nice post! What Nuance has done to this "career" is so beyond reproach that none of us can even fathom it. What I can't understand is why, oh why, did they even branch out to the "MT" side of things? They have their stupid (yes, my opinion) speech wreck Dragon software, so why didn't they just leave it at that and sell their crappy software to gullible, deer in the headlight types and just count their millions?

Yes, NTS, I will say it yet AGAIN - this is JUST MY OPINION, but I absolutely despise what you have done to us (that would be the MTs who you have totally destroyed because you have no clue). I can only hope what goes around comes around.

I think that was the plan, but... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
when they saw how poorly it was performing and that skilled MTs were needed to fix its mistakes, they jumped on that bandwagon to "meet the clients' needs;" and to sell it to the clients, they offered low-ball prices to the clients so the clients wouldn't leave them. And to top it off, the suits, instead of taking the lost income out of their own pockets (where it should've been taken since VR was THEIR mistake), they took it out of the MTs' pockets.

I think also, as a result of this, in anticipation of American MTs leaving them and searching for in-house jobs, they dropped their prices to the clients even more to make sure that they were cheaper than in-house MTs, thus guaranteeing very, very, very, very few in-house opportunities for MTs, and thus forcing MTs to stay with them (Nuance/MModal) or get out of MT altogether.

It's bullying, plain and simple. Where are all the TV commercials about THIS type of bullying?

THANK YOU for such a wonderful letter. - No matter how much Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
says otherwise, they cannot be so stupid from the TSMs up to top management not to realize the problems they created. I am sure the MLS' will be blamed for all those woes, too. Seems from all I've talked to at Nuance - if you are not in management we are treated the same...like Would love to know who died and left management on any level God?

I wish the Nuance suits reallly would read this ! - CNN2

[ In Reply To ..]
This nails everything right on the head. I wish someone would read this and really cared about what is being said about the company. Seems like they don't care. I guess I wouldnt either if I was making the money they were making. It is a revolving door with employees. I guess that's why they never have to take their ad down.. Just keep the new hires coming and old ones leavinging its like a square dance with no ending.... I applaud your opinion !

Thunderous applause and a standing ovation - for someone telling the truth!!! SM

[ In Reply To ..]
This post needs to be emailed and copied to every company that deals with Nu-azz and let them know what's going on with their precious vendor. Send it to that writer at the NY Times, send it to local TV stations, newspapers, any media outlet you can think of.

Nu-azz sucks it.

Well, we all know at least 1 Nuance troll - read this because of the "dislike"

[ In Reply To ..]
Me thinks LE could not sleep and signed in to "monitor" this, too. More interested in hitting the "dislike" key than actually fixing the problems. Usual lack of problem solving ability.

Forget Nuance suits, this letter needs to be sent to every client, every newspaper, every chat board - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I AGREE!!!! It needs to be certified mailed - to the CEOs

[ In Reply To ..]
of every large MTSO out there. Certified so that you KNOW they got it.

How 'bout a copy to that AHIMA website? - Do they have the cojones to post it? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Great - Job!

[ In Reply To ..]
This is a fantastic post! Why don't you try and get this published somewhere to reach a greater audience?

Or we could all share it on Facebook. (nm) - LowlyMT

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank You! - Sofedup2

[ In Reply To ..]
You have written so eloquently what I, and many others, realize are the injustices we suffer at the hands of this company. This is so well-written. I somehow feel validated after reading it. I hate that we all experience this, but it is helpful to know I'm not alone in my frustration. This company is beyond horrid. Thank you so very much for writing this. :)

3 dislikes? bahaha! LE took the bait, hook, line and sinker! - love it

[ In Reply To ..]
LE has a screw loose, that's for certain. She monitors and then just can't seem to not comment, email or dislike. She's such a joke and so pathetically unqualified for her position, nut job that she is.

LE - HR

[ In Reply To ..]
You got it!

Troll it, LE, troll it. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, thank you, for taking the time to spell out in detail what many of us tried to do in the little tiny box at the end of the "survey." Not that they will read and heed, they will read and try to root out anyone who speaks up... "not a team player"... as if this were any kind of a team. Thanks again!!!!!@

Just so ya know....It's BOLD-faced lie. - Just sayin NUM

[ In Reply To ..]
no message (NM)

Nope nope...sorry. I'm wrong. Should have - researched it

[ In Reply To ..]
first. My apologies. It can be either. Forgive my intrusion. Great letter. Agree whole-heartedly.

I would send a copy of this to 60 Minutes, with - anothe CC to the Labor Board.

[ In Reply To ..]
This post was OUTSTANDING. It's easy to see that the 3 "dislikes" means there are 3 suits trolling the boards this morning. They should be very, very scared, because by the end of this year, hordes of MTs will have left the field forever, and their jobs are next.

Send letter to the Wall St. Journal, so Nu-azz - shareholders know the score.

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't want to own stock in a morally reprehensible company like this - would YOU?

If nothing else, I wouldn't want to own stock in a company that is going to lie and cheat its way right out of existence.

If and when the time comes to file unemployment (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
after being fired from Nuance, this letter will be included in my claim. No chance of being denied benefits. Thanks to the author for this gift.

70 likes (including mine)! Way to go - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

open letter - Im a king

[ In Reply To ..]
We should all post this on facebook and ask everyone to pass it around. Everyone should read this, employee or not, to see what this company is about!

I am posting it RIGHT NOW.

Thank you for an awesome letter! YOU FREAKIN ROCKED IT!

letter - hallelujah - Julie

[ In Reply To ..]
I love this letter - wish you would post it on the Nuance Facebook page! For all of these reasons you listed and many more, I left Nuance about 2 months ago, and these have been the happiest 2 months that I can remember in years. I came to Nuance through the Transcend acquisition, and everything they told us up front was a complete lie. Transcend was once a great place to work, I served as an MLS and a team lead and a QA person for a period of time, until Nuance stepped in. Then everything changed, and my MLS world came crashing down into a pile of "not able to pay my bills because I am making so little money." Thank you for saying all of this so clearly and eloquently, expressing all that we all wanted to say!

Similar Messages:

Watch Out For Nuance Nasty Board Trolls
Aug 04, 2013

an email recently for a "concerned" MLS - never, ever had that happen on this board until the posts went up about the DOJ, DOL and all the bogus "errors" the QCs are hitting us for.  Check out the posts saying "what do you mean bogus errors - can you be specific; I don't get it; what errors?"  What MLS working for Nuance does not understand what a "bogus error" by Indian QC is?  Work for Nuance for a nanosecond, and you know immediately  they dump on the MLS� ...

Laparoscopic S/l "poss Or Open Suit" Colectomy
Apr 11, 2011

The reason for admission is suspected diverticulitis. Under plan, he states that the patient should be admitted for laparoscopic and then it is unclear for the rest until he says colectomy. It sounds like laparoscopic "pos or open suit" colectomy. Any thoughts? Thanks.  ...

OPEN LETTER TO MTSOS
Jun 13, 2010

You all have it reversed for VR.   Those of us that do the VR editing should be paid the hourly wage, not the QA people!  We take this abysmal voice that comes in, turn it into something that can be understood, and is perfectlly fine for the patient's chart, but then you want QA to get a hold of it, pay them $12-15 an hour to make is a pretty report, hey who's doing all the work here!  I want to be paid $12 to 15 an hour to fill in the blanks, put in commas, periods ...

Open Letter To Dictators?
Oct 11, 2012

Most of us ICs are probably contractually prohibited from contacting our clients/dictators directly.  Has anyone ever thought about sending an open letter to them through a newspaper that is in the same city as your account and really letting them know how the quality, or lack thereof, of their dictation affects your ability to transcribe a complete and accurate report for a patient's medical record in enough time that you can actually make a decent living doing this?  I wonder if ...

Open Letter To MTSOs. Please Read.
Aug 04, 2014

Yes, I've been doing this a long time, but please don't think it's fair to hire me and stick me in the cesspool of horrible dictators and expect me to meet the same requirements as the newbies you hire for easy accounts. Same pay, same percentage to send to QA. It's not fair. I'm on a very large account and I get the same handful of horrible dictators every day, that cannot be understood. Either pay me more than the newbies or give me a mix of hard and easy!!! I' ...

An Open Letter To Transcend Execs Which Is My Opinion Only
Jun 07, 2010

What a disappointment this MDI/Transcend merger has been and what an eye-opener.  It truly is all about corporate greed.  Your ambition to be #1 so that you can be bigger than Medquist is an all-consuming obsession that has resulted in your making drastic changes that will surely affect your reputation for quality down the road.  You are forcing high-paid MTs out of their positions to replace them with your overseas people and newbies who will work for less – but at what cos ...

Open Letter To Transcend/ Rewards And Communications
Mar 31, 2011

Finally, after 2 days, I found the list of the new teams they created for communications and rewards.  The Rewards team will have it easy as there are no rewards.  All you need to know about winning a contest is to know who the names on the list of people they want to give a little extra to and you will have the winner.  It is nothing about meeting the criteria for the current game being played, it is all about favorites..   As far as communications, that is a differen ...

How Can I Open An .esp File Without Using Nuance Software?
Jul 01, 2013

Has anyone ever tried (successfully) to open an .esp file with any other software? If so, I'd love to know how to open one. I need to be sure I am able to utilize it when I leave!  Oh, and I do know that I can print it out, but geeeez, after 6+ years, think of the paper and the re-creation of all of it that would be required!  At this point, my little 'ole lovely .esp file is the only thing between me and the exit sign!  Thanks in advance. ...

Nuance Email On Open Flexing Times
Jun 08, 2011

Did everyone get the email that said response needed saying we understood? Now no more flexing outside your regular shift hours. If you do not get in your time/lines, you can only flex outside your shift during open flex time, which is Friday 6 pm until Monday 6 am. I don't guess this really bothers me. As long as we can still flex if we don't have hours in. How does everyone else feel about this? ...

Did Anybodyelse Get Their Letter From Nuance?
Jul 22, 2010

I was so shocked.  I have never received anything from Nuance in the mail, or any other company.  And I sure don't remember giving them permission to use my name and address.  But anyway, they are hiring Acute Care with Radiation Oncology experience.  Also, Quality Control Editors (pre-delivery), whatever that means.  ...

Certified Letter From Nuance
Sep 21, 2012

I left Nuance a couple of weeks ago and got what i believe is my last check this past pay period and a check for PTO.  I just got a notice of a certified letter from them, any ideas what it could be?   Thanks ...

Did Anybody Else Get A Goodbye Letter To The Nuance Family?
Jan 01, 2014

nm ...

So Do You Think Maybe The Trolls Had A Clue
Apr 04, 2013

Maybe there was a grain of truth in the posts from a few weeks ago? ...

Ladies, Ignore Management Trolls Below.
Mar 25, 2014

If you think management doesn't read the posts here you're wrong. That's the reason they have placed silly posts such as below about passing 99.9% audits and the other one below that.  They feeli it's best for morale. Their morale, not yours. ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Do You Think This Is From A Suit?
Mar 03, 2010

Don't know what all the fuss is about. If you do your job well, right the first time, you've got no worries. I don't foresee that this will be interfering with me whatsoever! If you want to survive in this business (and I assume that most posters do as they continue to work in this industry) then you have to go with the flow. If this process eliminates weak transcriptionists, then so be it.   THIS MAKES ME MAD READING THIS POST.  So, MQ's process is to elimini ...

Yay, Another Suit Is Hired!!
Apr 30, 2012

I didn't think MModal could get more top heavy.  This just tells you that they're making quite a bit of profit from our losses. ...

Transcend Law Suit
May 12, 2012

I have been reading Steve Jobs' bio -- the more I read, the more I like who he was, what he stood for.  Anyhow, this just STRUCK me -- from the ad campaign when Jobs returned to Apple, written, in part, by him:"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify ...

Softscript Suit
Jun 10, 2012

as scooby doo says   take pictures of everything    tattoo things on your forehead and toes mamacitas and papacitas ...

OMG! Reading All The Posts. Who Is The Suit
Sep 03, 2010

First want to say I am so sorry for all MT's/QA who were laid off.  How terrible, yet I feel it could be a blessing in disguise because you can get unemployement and TAA and go back to school and get out of this field.  It is pathetic reading the posts from a suit who is trying to maintain damage control for the WEB company.  The suit is the one who is still getting paid with excellent benefits, not the poor MTs/QAs who have been let go.  Makes me sick that a suit woul ...

Workers Comp Suit (sm)
Oct 25, 2012

Now that the MTSO are calling us "employees", has anyone considered a workers compensation suit for depression from not being able to make a decent living? Perhaps an overuse syndrome from having to work so many more hours to make line counts? Curious. ...

How Do You Get A Class Action Suit
May 20, 2013

Sorry - awhile back thought I was going to lose my job.  I am so fed up with they keep lying to us about our pay, etc, - well I am cornerstone - saw someome on here the other day -usually do not see Cornerstone- anyway - I just emailed Shaw or whatever his name is - Amay's second hand guy - kind of scared but at the same time feel empowered ...

If I Was As Rich As A MQ Suit, I Would Only Drink Fiji
Nov 03, 2011

s ...

* Class Action Suit Against IMEDX
Apr 01, 2015

..has been discussed. I highly, highly suggest IMEDX does the right thing, or some money grubbin attorney will be glad to take on not on IMEDX's obvious and blatant playing with lives, but also the whole industry. Imedx is ripe for lawsuits, and they have deep pockets. Suits, wake up, we have nothing to lose now but a consult with an attorney. You clearly have and are going to continue to violate laws, now do the right thing. Also, you don't want to the Labor Board, etc involved from 5 ...

Survey Of Interest For Department Of Labor Suit.
May 07, 2015

I've been observing Medquist/M*modal for the past number of years since their previous law suit. The technologies they have employed as of late are widely viewed as intentionally inhibiting, many employees stating that this speech recognition program, as well as constant shuffling of work pools, or "pods" prevent the familiarity that is central to profit,accuracy, and productivity. I intend to gauge the interest and willingness of participation in the current M*modal employee community. Pl ...

CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...

Excellent Blog Post On MT Wages (and Transcend Class-action Suit)
May 21, 2012

http://mtanywhere.blogspot.com/2012/05/transcriptionists-file-class-action.html   ...

I Can Open Up The Backlog!
Feb 08, 2010

It is FINALLY working!  ...

Open Note From An MME
Feb 13, 2010

I have come on this site for awhile, mostly because this is a place where everyone gets what you do and can understand what you're going crazy over. Try telling your neighbor the ESLs are getting to you today and you get what I mean. However, since I have become an MME (in October), this has become a not so friendly place. I love doing QA work. I have been in this field for 20 years and feel I can and do help MTs out. When I make a correction, it's to give the MT some feedback, ...

Open Enrollment.
Nov 19, 2012

IF we want to keep our current insurance plan is there anything we need to do for open enrollment?  Thanks.  ...