A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Yay, another suit is hired!! - How wonderful

Posted: Apr 30, 2012

I didn't think MModal could get more top heavy.  This just tells you that they're making quite a bit of profit from our losses.

It would be nice if they hired someone who knows... - ...something about being an MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nn

Just remember - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
They do not make an announcement when someone quits or is terminated. These people are most likely replacements and not new positions. I'm sure they are top heavy but perhaps not as much as it may appear.

Good point.. - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It said someone was leaving and - she was taking his place

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure he gets a hefty exit bonus, just as she gets a hefty sign-on bonus. I think they send it to rub it in our face, but that's just me...
Was the one who left formerly with a recently-bought - out company? They seem to "disappear"....
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Yeah, if you read the email, this person is replacing - someone.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

LOL well... - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't read it thoroughly obviously. I just want to transcribe, get my paycheck, and be done.

I think thats all of us. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Just replied because I actually did take the time to read it since someone brought it up.

And it's getting harder and harder to do all three. - (Transcribe, paycheck, done). n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Do You Think This Is From A Suit?
Mar 03, 2010

Don't know what all the fuss is about. If you do your job well, right the first time, you've got no worries. I don't foresee that this will be interfering with me whatsoever! If you want to survive in this business (and I assume that most posters do as they continue to work in this industry) then you have to go with the flow. If this process eliminates weak transcriptionists, then so be it.   THIS MAKES ME MAD READING THIS POST.  So, MQ's process is to elimini ...

Transcend Law Suit
May 12, 2012

I have been reading Steve Jobs' bio -- the more I read, the more I like who he was, what he stood for.  Anyhow, this just STRUCK me -- from the ad campaign when Jobs returned to Apple, written, in part, by him:"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify ...

Softscript Suit
Jun 10, 2012

as scooby doo says   take pictures of everything    tattoo things on your forehead and toes mamacitas and papacitas ...

OMG! Reading All The Posts. Who Is The Suit
Sep 03, 2010

First want to say I am so sorry for all MT's/QA who were laid off.  How terrible, yet I feel it could be a blessing in disguise because you can get unemployement and TAA and go back to school and get out of this field.  It is pathetic reading the posts from a suit who is trying to maintain damage control for the WEB company.  The suit is the one who is still getting paid with excellent benefits, not the poor MTs/QAs who have been let go.  Makes me sick that a suit woul ...

Workers Comp Suit (sm)
Oct 25, 2012

Now that the MTSO are calling us "employees", has anyone considered a workers compensation suit for depression from not being able to make a decent living? Perhaps an overuse syndrome from having to work so many more hours to make line counts? Curious. ...

How Do You Get A Class Action Suit
May 20, 2013

Sorry - awhile back thought I was going to lose my job.  I am so fed up with they keep lying to us about our pay, etc, - well I am cornerstone - saw someome on here the other day -usually do not see Cornerstone- anyway - I just emailed Shaw or whatever his name is - Amay's second hand guy - kind of scared but at the same time feel empowered ...

If I Was As Rich As A MQ Suit, I Would Only Drink Fiji
Nov 03, 2011

s ...

* Class Action Suit Against IMEDX
Apr 01, 2015

..has been discussed. I highly, highly suggest IMEDX does the right thing, or some money grubbin attorney will be glad to take on not on IMEDX's obvious and blatant playing with lives, but also the whole industry. Imedx is ripe for lawsuits, and they have deep pockets. Suits, wake up, we have nothing to lose now but a consult with an attorney. You clearly have and are going to continue to violate laws, now do the right thing. Also, you don't want to the Labor Board, etc involved from 5 ...

OPEN LETTER TO NUANCE SUIT TROLLS
Aug 11, 2013

The recent survey was nothing more than a slap in the face to all hard-working, dedicated MLS’ biding time until a real job with a respectful employer comes along.   You want to know what would make Nuance better?  Really, are you serious??  You demoralize, monitor, insult, and put your boot on the neck of every self-respecting MLS who puts their commitment and dedication to professional patient care ahead of all, despite the constant road blocks you throw in our path ...

Survey Of Interest For Department Of Labor Suit.
May 07, 2015

I've been observing Medquist/M*modal for the past number of years since their previous law suit. The technologies they have employed as of late are widely viewed as intentionally inhibiting, many employees stating that this speech recognition program, as well as constant shuffling of work pools, or "pods" prevent the familiarity that is central to profit,accuracy, and productivity. I intend to gauge the interest and willingness of participation in the current M*modal employee community. Pl ...

CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...

Excellent Blog Post On MT Wages (and Transcend Class-action Suit)
May 21, 2012

http://mtanywhere.blogspot.com/2012/05/transcriptionists-file-class-action.html   ...

Laparoscopic S/l "poss Or Open Suit" Colectomy
Apr 11, 2011

The reason for admission is suspected diverticulitis. Under plan, he states that the patient should be admitted for laparoscopic and then it is unclear for the rest until he says colectomy. It sounds like laparoscopic "pos or open suit" colectomy. Any thoughts? Thanks.  ...

Will I Get Hired?
Sep 06, 2010

I have a question for all MedQuist MTs . . . I called them and was told that I qualified and passed MedQuist's test. That was about a week ago. I was told that I am still being "considered" and "reviewed." One recruiter told me that it would just be a matter of time before they could get through all of the paperwork. Another recruiter simply told me my file was still being "reviewed." What does this mean? Does MedQuist always offer jobs to those that pass their testing? Or is it possible t ...

Just Got Hired!
Sep 27, 2011

I am told that I just got hired by Nuance.  Am interested in what people have to say about the company.  I have read that the first part of this month, they were running out of work.  If so, do they really need me? Also, am interested in insurance costs?  Some straight answers would be most appreciated. Thanks, Charlie ...

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Get Hired On With
Nov 14, 2011

Accentus.  They loaded some absolutely AWFUL software that has ruined my PC.  THEY will be getting a bill from me ...

Does Anyone Ever Get Hired....?
May 30, 2012

Does anyone ever get hired from these companies who are continually posting help wanted ads?!?!?  I have applied to at least 15 companies posting ads for help only to sit here waiting for at least 5 weeks, so far, for an answer to any for which I applied!  I have been a medical transcriptionist for over 20 years as well as a QA worker for over 5 years.  My resume is on par with what I consider to be some of the best, yet I never receive an answer to my applications.  I realiz ...

Too Old To Get Hired?
Jul 26, 2013

Should I stop saying I have 31 years of experience as a transcriptionist? I try not to date myself by putting dates on my resume, like when I graduated. I am 61 and will be 62 next June. I have not worked since March, but I made so little money that I get way less than 200 dollars a week from unemployment! I have applied everywhere, outside the house and inside. I have attended resume counseling at the career center, nobody is interested in helping me pay for any schooling, they change the s ...

If We Were Hired In At 98%
Apr 27, 2014

We should be grandfathered in at that rate.  Any new hire could be hired at this 99.7% bull hockey.  My vent for the day... ...

Hired Or Not
Apr 30, 2014

Why would a company tell you that they are sending you the contract, account specs, etc and then the next thing, you get an email stating that they are still reviewing resumes?  In my own stupidity I turned down a job thinking I had this one and now this.  ...

You All Have Been Hired To Put Yourselves Out Of A Job.
Sep 16, 2014

You are helping the devil train the gatekeepers of Hades!  Especially if you are an acquisition employee, you must understand your purpose is to train the front-end voice wreck for the clinic or hospital that sold your soul. They off-shore EVERYTHING left over as soon as possible, so being out of work is a condition you should expect as long as you continue to work for the very people the hospital just sold you to.   ...

Anyone Hired?
Apr 24, 2015

All the ads on the job seeker's board have hundreds and even thousands of responses.  Does anyone ever really get hired?  One of the ads wants someone to start "within the next hour," and that was a few days ago and it now has hundreds of responses.  Why is that ad still even posted?  Only rarely does a company take its ad down or post a message when positions are filled.  Do the other companies just not care?  Can it be that all those hundreds and thousands of ...

What Are My Chances Of Getting Hired...?
Jan 13, 2010

I have a GED but no college. I can type fast and accurately and I am a quick learner. If I take the CareerStep course, what are the chances that I would get hired by an online company? ...

Help! Might Get Hired By Spheris...
Jan 31, 2010

I'm not sure if this is a  good move for me, especially after reading an article on them that was linked from this board.  Recruiter says they have loads of work, but they seem really regimented.  Anyone work for them and want to share?  Thanks.  ...

Was Hired By Transcend!
Jun 26, 2010

Hi Everyone - I was just hired by Transcend.  They sounded great when I talked to them, but I've worked for enough companies to know they arent always what they say they are.  Does anyone out there have anything to say about them - the good, bad and the ugly???  TX. ...

Newly Hired MT
Aug 31, 2010

Hello, I am new to the forum and recently hired as an at-home MT. It has been a year since I completed college MT courses at a tech center. The employer, saw my resume online. I have a p/t job that I've had for 2 years in addition to the MT job. Both jobs, are flex in hours, although the MT employer would like full-time. It pays 8 cents for every 60 characters. I would really love to drop the p/t job because it miserable in many ways. Can someone break the pay down in other terms? W ...

Hired But Forgotten
Aug 25, 2011

I was hired for my first transcription position and filled out the paperwork Aug 4th.  They said after the platform was installed on my computer (done Aug. 19th) the training would begin.  The trainer has not communicated w/me at all.  When I emailed HR and asked if training would begin this week (Aug 21st) the response was "hope so, but I have been on vacation and am not sure".  I emailed HR again yesterday (Aug. 24th) with no response.  They had been ver ...

How Much MT Experience Is Too Much To Get You Hired?
Nov 15, 2011

I spent last week typing test dictations for transcription jobs. After typing five tests today for one company and then 3 more for another company I am wondering why I haven't been called back on any of these jobs. I have heard of having too little experience, but is there such a thing has having too much experience that a company is afraid to hire you because they think you will demand to be paid too much. Even though I have 10+ years experience I am willing to take 7 cpl just so that I c ...

Has The Q Hired A Flunky?
Jan 09, 2012

I've been getting the impression that the Q is paying someone to contest all the negative posts.  In the last week or so, as soon as something negative is posted it is answered almost immediately.  I do not think an MT could be working and still be immediately available to do this.  I've also never met anyone personally who defends this place. ...

Got Hired For Radiology Job....
Jun 22, 2012

Just wondering if a lot of people got hired for the recent Radiology position posted.  Got a response right away.  Don't know anything about the company.  Thanks ...