A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WARNING NUANCE EMPLOYEES, PLEASE READ - 7th child

Posted: Jun 10, 2014

I'm such a fool. If there is ANYTHING you want to document from your emails, print it out NOW! I was fired an hour ago and they have locked me out of looking at my emails! I cant even print a copy of the contract they made me sign. Protect yourself.

Can you contact a lawyer to see if you can gain access - to the contract.

[ In Reply To ..]
Depending on your state and circumstances you may have legal recourse against Nuance.

WARNING NUANCE EMPLOYEES - Sugar baby

[ In Reply To ..]
Why were you fired if I may so bold to ask? I am working for them but I'm beginning to get disgusted.

Fire me, pariah maggots - This place is like a cesspool and MTs are treated

[ In Reply To ..]
like turds

:-)

Warning! - Noodles

[ In Reply To ..]
I got canned also, but they made it look like I quit. I also tried to sign into my company email and copy emails (which I knew better, as found out early it was not possible as you cannot copy anything or send any emails outside of the company email) and found my account had been disabled, within minutes. Dirty Birds. I have other words...

Did they call or send you an e-mail. nm - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

WHAT???? - ruserious

[ In Reply To ..]
What happened?

That's standard operating procedure at ANY company. - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
You didn't keep a copy of your contract when you accepted the position. Whose fault is that? Yours.

If you were fired, why WOULD a company let you have access to their company email and systems.

Being dishonest as all get-out is also standard - operating procedure. Still aint right.

[ In Reply To ..]
)(

Contract? - Ruserious

[ In Reply To ..]
I NEVER signed a contract with any company. Why is a contract an issue at this point. You get hired, do your job. No contract was ever mentioned with Nuance.

could you be less sympathetic? - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
yikes, just saying... show some compassion.

agreed. You should have had a paper copy already - x

[ In Reply To ..]
x

WARNING NUANCE EMPLOYEES, - 7th child

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, we were having trouble getting our old printer on with my new computer. I tried to print the contract and it would not print. I had ASSUMED my husband still had not fixed the problem. However he just informed me that he tested it on that computer and it did work Soooooooooooo... Was it something in THEIR program that would not allow me to print it? I don't know. I do know they have been less than honest so, I don't know what to think. Please, do not judge me, you don't know me. Unless you are perfect. You have no right.

I left Nuance...couldn't stomach it anymore - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am just now starting to get my confidence back, after quitting months ago. The way they treat their employees is shameful. I am in a new position where I am treated with respect. I actually had flowers on my desk from my boss welcoming me!! (I do not work in MT anymore). This may end up being one of the best things that ever happened to you. Keep the faith! I wish you all the best and hope you can find a job outside MT,believe me you will not be treated this way!

Were you trying to print it while still on their - platform? There may be a - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"no-print" code of some kind in there. See if you can copy the image to your document files. Might need to change the type of file, maybe not. If you can't copy the image, try taking a screen shot, and saving that. If it won't print as a .pdf, try printing it as a .jpg.

If none of those things works, see if your husband can twiddle with it and get it to print. If not, surely there must be some ultra-computer-savvy teenage kid in the neighborhood who'd love to come and help, especially if you pay him.

That's the one good thing about computers - there's no such word as "no". If you can't do something one way, there are usually other ways around the roadblock. That's why hackers are so successful at what they do.

SCREEN SHOTS - help

[ In Reply To ..]
No you can't send emails on Nuance's system, but you can take screen shots and save in Word on your own computer. I screen shot d**n near everything, including my timecards after I approve them and then after my manager approves them to make sure nothing got changed without my knowledge.

Screen Shots - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Hmmm, wonder if that's how my pay went down so much this year? That would explain a lot.

TransTech Medical Hiring - TxGal

[ In Reply To ..]
A short while back I researched this site on 7 different transcription companies. Couldn't find much that was recent on any of them, but TransTech Medical seemed to have only good things said about them. We'll see. I start Monday.

Trying to find out is TransTech and TTS same company? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I just finished and submitted my application, I think I applied to TransTech but it said TTS in it too. I hope I get on and I hope I like it, good luck to you.

TransTech and TTS are different companies - Stay away from TTS

[ In Reply To ..]
Just warning you about TTS. Nothing good to say about the company on boards and from me who has previously worked there. Crazy in-bred company.
TTS - Employee
[ In Reply To ..]
Come on, it's not that bad. Better than Nuance or MM.

Good luck. I just did on-line application. - Thanks.

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep us posted on TransTech.

Good luck to all - TexasGal

[ In Reply To ..]
So far have just done application and new hire paperwork but everyone seems nice so far. Keeping toes crossed so fingers can type.

This is why you (whoever is thinking of quitting) should not give 2 weeks notice - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
To 7th Child, I hope things turn out okay for you. This may be a good thing, although now I know it doesn't feel good. Please contact your state unemployment office and see if you can get some benefits, if you don't think you will be able to find a job right away. The claim starts the day you file, so I wouldn't wait, but it depends on your financial situation, of course. I could not afford to lose a day of pay even, in this terrible industry and what it has become.

unfortunately you will need supporting documents - and never know when

[ In Reply To ..]
That's why I get a screen shot and save it in Paint. I take that piece of paper and put it in a box and put it away. I may never know when I will need supporting documents (or a copy of my contract) if something goes wrong. I don't want to see these documents again but I may NEED them

Similar Messages:

Warning: Do Not Read This Post If You Want To Hate Nuance
Apr 15, 2015

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/gravity-payments-raise_n_7061676.html The CEO of the company Gravity, doubled all his lowest paid employees salaries to 70k per year AS WELL AS lowered HIS OWN from ONE million to 70k per year. The company's minimum wage is 70k per year.  That guy is my HERO.  Can you even imagine?     ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

WARNING: All Posters On New MTs Board Read!
Feb 23, 2011

When individuals are interested in becoming an MT, asking about where to get their training, etc., answer their question(s).  SEE THE NOTE AT THE TOP OF THIS BOARD. Do not try to discourage them from the profession.  They have as much right to pursue it as anyone else. The purpose of the New MTs board is to help and support and assist those who are wanting to go into the MT field, those who are currently studying or just completed studies.  These individuals can read and determ ...

Warning: Do Not Read If You Are Bitter, Angry Or A Bad MT. Long Post. Sm
Jan 21, 2012

I think it's time to hear from "the other side", so I volunteered myself.  If you don't like it, too bad, but I will tell you the truth about how most MTSOs feel.  Through the years, I have gotten to be friends or at least friendly with many other MTSOs, some who have sold their companies and got out, some who sold their companies and came back and some who have never sold their companies.  I have been an MTSO for 24 years, and I was a transcriptionist and transcription ...

Just Read Where A Burger Joint In Michigan Is Paying Employees $15/hour, S/m
Sep 11, 2013

nice to know flipping hamburgers is worth more than health information! sarc ...

WARNING: Do Not Work For NUANCE!!!
Apr 20, 2011

OSI bought Nuance in 2011.  Since then I have run out of work more often than I have work and have lost benefits and had pay cut.   Nuance is recruiting.  WHY?  They don't have enough work for people who are already working for them. ...

RE: Nuance Recruitment Of MTs - WARNING!
May 26, 2011

There is very little quality work available.  The pay is low and the Dictaphone platform is not good.  You will get the bottom of the barrel MT work.  Even that will run out because Nuance overstaffs accounts.  I am out of work now and yet I got an e-mail offering a bonus for referrals of MTs to Nuance. It's not a good company to work for.  There are lots of smoke and mirrors offered by Nuance recruiters like bonuses that are impossible to get because of ...

Well-got My Verbal Warning, Next Stop Written Warning !!!
Apr 01, 2010

I guess I'm possibly 2 weeks away from termination if I don't pass the next 2 audits.  Trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise :)  Never failed an audit in the over 10 years that I've worked for Medquist, or maybe I was never audited who knows.  ...

I Have Decided To Name Nuance In My Will. That Way My Tombstone Can Read
Mar 05, 2015

Wait, what am I thinking, I won't have anything to leave them! Sad thing to see happen to so many unsuspecting innocents.         ...

Nuance, Legitimate Bonus Plan??? Please Read.
Jan 03, 2012

My opinion,  having been in the industry for over 30 years and after reading a few posts on this subject below. For years a good deal of MTSO's including Webmedx had in place bonus or incentive plans based on production ONLY. Such a plan most likely helped Webmedx win "employer of the year" for years. Employees would go the extra mile even working through breaks to achieve higher line counts while at the same time the newer employees could look forward to gaining more experience and e ...

Job Hunting.....which Is Better - Nuance Or M'Modal? Have Read All Posts.
Jun 27, 2012

Now taking a poll.   :) ...

Hmmm Interesting Read About Nuance Trying To Buy M*Modal
Jul 17, 2012

No clue what this means to us peons working the trenches, but interesting, see link: http://hdstoday.com/?p=143   ...

Are Any Ex-Nuance Employees Still - Sm
Dec 23, 2014

receiving a Nuance 401(k) Summary Annual Report? I haven't worked there for almost two years and didn't even participate in their 401(k) plan when I did work there, and I'm still getting these annual summaries. Anybody know what phone number I can call to request exclusion from their mailing list? TIA. ...

For Nuance Employees In CA (at Least)..
Jan 03, 2015

Employers must allow 3 PAID sick days per year if they weren't already doing this.  I am sure Nuance will HATE this and are probably right now putting their fat heads together trying to come up with a way to get out of it.  First, they won't even acknowledge it, hoping no one will call them on it.  If that doesn't work, they will think of something else. ...

Nuance Employees, Do You Have An HSA Or FSA Option Currently?
Nov 04, 2011

I'm reading about the difference between the two of these, and it looks like the employer withholds a portion of your income to cover medical expenses. I don't know if that has to be offered by the employer or if it can be set up somehow by anyone who qualifies due to a high-deductible insurance plan. Do you currently have any HSA or FSA arrangement with Nuance? ...

Number Of Employees At Nuance
Jul 24, 2013

Just wondering if anyone knows the total number of US transcriptionists currently typing for Nuance. With their turnover rate, not sure how anyone is left!  ...

Any Perks For Nuance Employees?
Apr 12, 2014

Does anyone know if we get a gym discount or anything similar? Where can I find information about this? TYIA. (I need to find a punching bag and punch the $#!+ out of it to get rid of some frustration.) ...

Nuance Employees Check This Out!
Jun 17, 2014

Baptist Health Systems in Louisville KY is looking for remote MTs on first and second shift and it says you need to know the Nuance platform. ...

E-mail Sent To Ex Nuance Employees
Jul 01, 2014

Today I received an e-mail from Nuance about their 401(k) plan. I haven't worked for them in a year and a half. Did any other ex-Nuancers get this? Unfortunately, there's no "unsubscribe" option on that e-mail. I can't believe my e-mail address is still in their system. ...

Nuance's Contempt For Its Employees
Nov 22, 2014

From comments below, but worth highlighting ... "If you are so unhappy with your pay then maybe it is time to get a new job. Sending a medical record to someone who should not have it is illegal and as such can be prosecuted. Now, it goes without saying that issues such as this are investigated, but I am sure if you are a Nuance employee you had to take the HIPAA training provided by the company, and if you paid attention you would not need to ask in what capacity you can be held responsible. I ...

Nuance What Is Going On? For All New Or Existing Employees Concerned
May 04, 2012

To all concerned. I was a Webber(WMX). I was proud of that fact and have done very well in the past 10 years with WMX. I'm very fast and produce quality reports at the same time an employee who works their shift.To the best of my knowledge this corporate company Nuance has been buying the world (so it seems) in medical transcription services and I know when we at WMX were bought out we were told how our production would increase leaps and bounds with escription over m*modal and and D.N.S. ...

Does Anyone At Nuance Work IC Status Or All Employees?
Apr 29, 2013

Have they switched everyone over to employee from the companies they have taken over or are there still IC status workers ?  ...

Employees Who Generate No Profit For Nuance
Feb 26, 2015

I just wonder has anyone ever tried to calculate the cost involved in recruiting, hiring and training the long line of people who come through the revolving doors of Scruance? There seems to be a never-ending stream of newbies. Meanwhile, the long-time, loyal, revenue-producing MTs are getting the shaft. And what about the cost of employees who do the recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, QAing, QCing, auditing, TSMing, COMing and POCing in addition to other nonrevenue-producin ...

Wonder If Nuance's Stockholders Know How Poorly They Treat Their Employees.
Dec 14, 2011

They should be ashamed. No paid holidays? Pay cuts? Greedy bastards. ...

How Many Nuance Employees Have Quit In The Past 30 Days?
Aug 04, 2013

I'm just curious because I'm actively looking for anything other than this MT crap. On my main account, most of this a.m. no work. Now all of a sudden there's work plus they want me to move to another count to help out. Why didn't you need my help this morning? Sorry, but my shift ends now and I'm outta here. It seems every day there are people quitting - I can't wait to jump on that band wagon. :) ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

How Many Nuance Employees Does It Take To Change A Light Bulb?
Jan 06, 2015

First is upper management, 1 of 3 anyway because 2 of them are on vacation for a whole week, who finds a chair and then passes it down to lower management who then places it in front of the MT to stand on. The MT stands on the chair but first they must remove the still working fine bulb that is in place and throw it away. They are then given a defective bulb by the SR folks and told by management they must successfully place 10 of them per hour in order to meet the standards. After twisting a ...

WARNING!!!
Nov 01, 2009

Okay, so I got a job offer!  Yeah, sounds great but the pay was at low level, but I kept my options opened and I said okay.  They do not use the standard counting and count a line if there is only one word.  I thought Wow that is strange but maybe the companies I have been for are more on the straight and narrow.  Then she told me no contract, just too much paperwork and a lot of "mumble jumble".  I thought okay odd but okay.  Then said told me it was on a trial bas ...

TTD--A Warning For All
May 21, 2012

Everyone please be aware that TTD is not someone you want to work for.  Be aware that you wait 6 weeks for the first check only to find it is short.  They are constantly hiring and advertising jobs.  They just laid off 16 people last week and now they have new job postings.  BE AWARE THAT THEY INTEND TO NOT PAY YOU ON TIME AND PAY WILL BE INCORRECT.  Amy and Dawn have developed a greedy practice.  I have a long list of previous MTs that have not been paid and the li ...

Warning About A DSL ISP
Mar 14, 2013

I had to give up my $39. a month wireless ISP to comply with client requirements. Had to sign a 2 year contract with the company "C.L." whose ads claim it's only $19. a month. The speed connection for that price is equivalent to dial up. By the time you really have the DSL you need you are up to $63. a month. I also had to get a landline which I did not need. It rings ALL day with wrong numbers and solicitors so is useless to me but I have to pay for it for 2 years. I got my bill on Marc ...