A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wonder if Nuance's stockholders know how poorly they treat their employees. - wdwnwf

Posted: Dec 14, 2011

They should be ashamed. No paid holidays? Pay cuts? Greedy bastards.

This is business, people. They do not care as long as - they get theirs. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Of course, they DON'T CARE! - WhenWillUGetIt

[ In Reply To ..]
Stockholders ONLY care about a return on their investment -- via dividend checks, rise in stock price so they can sell, or some combination of the two -- so are ONLY interested in the company's financial status.

They don't care and couldn't care less about employees are treated.

This is the new economy and the new world order. 20 or 30 years ago employers DID care, but unfortunately that is no longer the case.

Well, thanks for the "whenwillugetit" and the previous - wdwnwf

[ In Reply To ..]
condescending "people" statement. Nothing like choosing to kick a person when they're down.

If I didn't know better I'd swear you were working for - Medquist not Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
Their pay slashes and treatment of employees is straight from the Medquist handbook! Just wait until you can boast about being forced to apply for Food Stamps and barely breaking minimum wage - then you will finally understand what we deal with every single day.

Similar Messages:

TREAT EMPLOYEES LIKE THEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE
May 31, 2014

nm ...

Poorly Written Article, But
Nov 23, 2011

This article is very poorly (almost badly) written, but it makes you think - if the US is going to investigate Alibaba for wanting to own Yahoo, then why not other companies, like MQ that is buying up American MT companies at a rapid pace.  ...

MModal Is SO Poorly Run. They NEVER Learn.
Mar 22, 2014

Once in a while I come back here and read the posts and am reminded of how much I despise this corrupt, ruthless, cutthroat company. They have NO IDEA how to manage money or to treat their employees. The higher-ups still get paid top dollar while everyone else keeps getting pay cuts. They thought they could pay us as little as possible and expect near perfect work but karma is a bi...... as they say. I can't believe what is going on and I feel so bad for all the wonderful MT/MEs, especially ...

Are Any Ex-Nuance Employees Still - Sm
Dec 23, 2014

receiving a Nuance 401(k) Summary Annual Report? I haven't worked there for almost two years and didn't even participate in their 401(k) plan when I did work there, and I'm still getting these annual summaries. Anybody know what phone number I can call to request exclusion from their mailing list? TIA. ...

For Nuance Employees In CA (at Least)..
Jan 03, 2015

Employers must allow 3 PAID sick days per year if they weren't already doing this.  I am sure Nuance will HATE this and are probably right now putting their fat heads together trying to come up with a way to get out of it.  First, they won't even acknowledge it, hoping no one will call them on it.  If that doesn't work, they will think of something else. ...

Nuance Employees, Do You Have An HSA Or FSA Option Currently?
Nov 04, 2011

I'm reading about the difference between the two of these, and it looks like the employer withholds a portion of your income to cover medical expenses. I don't know if that has to be offered by the employer or if it can be set up somehow by anyone who qualifies due to a high-deductible insurance plan. Do you currently have any HSA or FSA arrangement with Nuance? ...

Number Of Employees At Nuance
Jul 24, 2013

Just wondering if anyone knows the total number of US transcriptionists currently typing for Nuance. With their turnover rate, not sure how anyone is left!  ...

Any Perks For Nuance Employees?
Apr 12, 2014

Does anyone know if we get a gym discount or anything similar? Where can I find information about this? TYIA. (I need to find a punching bag and punch the $#!+ out of it to get rid of some frustration.) ...

Nuance Employees Check This Out!
Jun 17, 2014

Baptist Health Systems in Louisville KY is looking for remote MTs on first and second shift and it says you need to know the Nuance platform. ...

E-mail Sent To Ex Nuance Employees
Jul 01, 2014

Today I received an e-mail from Nuance about their 401(k) plan. I haven't worked for them in a year and a half. Did any other ex-Nuancers get this? Unfortunately, there's no "unsubscribe" option on that e-mail. I can't believe my e-mail address is still in their system. ...

Nuance's Contempt For Its Employees
Nov 22, 2014

From comments below, but worth highlighting ... "If you are so unhappy with your pay then maybe it is time to get a new job. Sending a medical record to someone who should not have it is illegal and as such can be prosecuted. Now, it goes without saying that issues such as this are investigated, but I am sure if you are a Nuance employee you had to take the HIPAA training provided by the company, and if you paid attention you would not need to ask in what capacity you can be held responsible. I ...

Nuance What Is Going On? For All New Or Existing Employees Concerned
May 04, 2012

To all concerned. I was a Webber(WMX). I was proud of that fact and have done very well in the past 10 years with WMX. I'm very fast and produce quality reports at the same time an employee who works their shift.To the best of my knowledge this corporate company Nuance has been buying the world (so it seems) in medical transcription services and I know when we at WMX were bought out we were told how our production would increase leaps and bounds with escription over m*modal and and D.N.S. ...

Does Anyone At Nuance Work IC Status Or All Employees?
Apr 29, 2013

Have they switched everyone over to employee from the companies they have taken over or are there still IC status workers ?  ...

WARNING NUANCE EMPLOYEES, PLEASE READ
Jun 10, 2014

I'm such a fool. If there is ANYTHING you want to document from your emails, print it out NOW! I was fired an hour ago and they have locked me out of looking at my emails! I cant even print a copy of the contract they made me sign. Protect yourself. ...

Employees Who Generate No Profit For Nuance
Feb 26, 2015

I just wonder has anyone ever tried to calculate the cost involved in recruiting, hiring and training the long line of people who come through the revolving doors of Scruance? There seems to be a never-ending stream of newbies. Meanwhile, the long-time, loyal, revenue-producing MTs are getting the shaft. And what about the cost of employees who do the recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, QAing, QCing, auditing, TSMing, COMing and POCing in addition to other nonrevenue-producin ...

How Many Nuance Employees Have Quit In The Past 30 Days?
Aug 04, 2013

I'm just curious because I'm actively looking for anything other than this MT crap. On my main account, most of this a.m. no work. Now all of a sudden there's work plus they want me to move to another count to help out. Why didn't you need my help this morning? Sorry, but my shift ends now and I'm outta here. It seems every day there are people quitting - I can't wait to jump on that band wagon. :) ...

Former Or Current Nuance Employees, Please Go To Post On That Board Asking
Sep 18, 2014

...be interested in or willing to participate in any litigation against Nuance for lost time or wges stolen. If this does not apply to you but you have friends or colleagues that might, please direct them to that post as well. Thanks in advance.    ...

How Many Nuance Employees Does It Take To Change A Light Bulb?
Jan 06, 2015

First is upper management, 1 of 3 anyway because 2 of them are on vacation for a whole week, who finds a chair and then passes it down to lower management who then places it in front of the MT to stand on. The MT stands on the chair but first they must remove the still working fine bulb that is in place and throw it away. They are then given a defective bulb by the SR folks and told by management they must successfully place 10 of them per hour in order to meet the standards. After twisting a ...

When You Have Resigned From A Job, Did They Treat You Like You Were Nothing?
Mar 09, 2010

I was working at two companies.  One I was an employee and the other I am an IC.  I have a baby who is 4 months old, so the IC job is much better for me for now since I can work when I want and as how much as I want.  The company where I am an employee, I sent an email to my TeamLeader to let her know I had made the decision to resign and my reasons for doing so.  By the time I hit the send button, they had blocked my email and everything and did not send me an email to say s ...

SICK OF HOW BIG MTSOs Treat Their MTs!
Sep 10, 2013

I just have to vent that I am SO SICK of how rude and condescending larger MTSOs can be to their MTs!  Seriously!  I get that MTs make ridiculous mistakes sometimes and that can be so frustrating for them, but sometimes the MTSOs get it wrong - and I certainly don't see them apologizing when that happens!  Rude, condescending emails, or calling the MT out in front of a group of other MTs is just so horrible!  Making fun of MTs amongst eachother.  Emailing eachother ...

Monilial Infection Under The Breast..... Treat With
Jan 12, 2010

nm ...

Accentus - Companies Out There That Treat Their MTs With Respect?
Jul 13, 2012

Just had the most demoralizing experience of my 20 year medical transcriptionist career with this company. QA score of 99.4% and got "let go" because I wasn't doing a good enough job, and my line counts were just getting up to the required range. I am seriously considering changing careers because of this. Just wanted to find out if this is just me or are there others out there that had the same experience with this company? Are there any companies out there that treat their MTs with respec ...

Pt With Boxer's Fracture - Plan: Treat With A S/l Cobra Splint?
Aug 20, 2011

x ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

DSG Employees:
Dec 22, 2009

Did they send out gift cards this year?     ...

Former TRS Employees
Jan 26, 2010

Has anyone received a W2 form from the former TRS?  I received one from Transcend but evidently we will receive another one from TRS? ...

To Other New MQ Employees: I'd Like To Know What
Apr 13, 2011

sort of things you're getting QA'd for, to compare notes.  For instance, I'm new to VS, and I tend to leave in double words.  I think what's happening is that I hear it, so my mind just blocks out the extra one and I don't see it.  I spend a lot of energy trying to out-guess the QA, but no matter what I put in certain instances, I'm marked off.  If I put "The patient," then she fills in the name.  If I put the name, then she puts "The patien ...

For Those Of You (employees, Not IC)
Jun 02, 2011

I'd like to know how you are all dealing with it.  Do you sit and wait on work during your scheduled shifts without getting paid?  Have any of you filed for unemployment due to lack of work?  I wonder how people manage to pay for insurance, etc.  Have any of you quit your jobs and received unemployment?  How do you all manage?  TIA for any information you are willing to share. ...

Do You MQ Employees Sometimes Think
Aug 17, 2011

Someone jumps on this board, fires it all up by saying to use F11 for every ASR job, and then calls their CCM to say "read the MTstars board" and then they go check who is doing it and fires them, all the while the pot-stirrer looks all cutsie in the CCMs eyes and more work opens up for the pot-stirrer?Maybe it is my wild imagination, but it seems like all that "stop typing for a day" and if that does not work, then "stop typing for 2 days," and "use F11 for all ASR jobs," all feels so not ...