A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Losing M-Modal with Nuance acquisition - nn

Posted: May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA.

Read these boards. Low to no work all the time. - lots of Nuance MTs just waiting for the work.

[ In Reply To ..]
Guess it depends how quickly they transition the accounts. One has to wonder do they want the accounts or the staff. Jusy saying. Good luck to you.

Similar Messages:

The M*Modal Talent Acquisition Team
Jun 27, 2012

What is going on at M*Modal that would make their acquisition team email me and leave phone messages at least 3 times a week for over a month?  I have not responded to any of these messages, and I have not shown any interest in working for them in many years.  Where is what I get:  Dear *********, Recently, we contacted you to inform you that you are eligible to retest for a position with M*Modal. We have not yet received your testing results. Please note, your testing must be ...

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

For Any Potential New Nuance Acquisition
Jun 21, 2014

Every time there is a hospital or clinic acquisition, those "acquired" MTs will be crammed onto existing accounts as their own account/work types become more streamlined and less available as more and more of it is done more efficiently with voice wreck and 3 shifts of people to do the work. Think of it like when a larger dog moves into a pen already crowded with too many dogs. All the pre-existing dogs have to scooch over yet again (exist on less) to make room for the new dog in the cage.& ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Nuance/Transcend Acquisition Done Deal? See Link In Message...
Apr 26, 2012

Looks like a done deal if I read this correctly as of today?  Read article below.... http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120426-715167.html?mod=WSJ_ComputerSoftware_middleHeadlines ...

Accentus Soon To Be Nuance ....losing Our 401K
Nov 30, 2012

Just got e-mail from our wonderful HR person that no 401K was deducted in our most recent paycheck.  As soon as Nuance bought us, our program stopped :((   Welcome to Nuance...ughhh....I jumped from Webmedx to Transcend to Accentus and it seems I cannot escape :( ...

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...

Nuance Vs. MQ/M*Modal
Apr 15, 2012

Anyone worked for MQ before Nuance who can say which is worse/better?  Sick and tired of M*Modal.  I'm sure there are comments somewhere on the board about this before, but I can't find them.  Thanks! ...

M*Modal Or Nuance
Aug 26, 2012

Which company is better to work for, M*Modal or Nuance?  I'd like some honest, positive feedback on each company before I decide which one to sign with.  Thank you!! ...

M-Modal/Nuance QA
Oct 21, 2012

Nuance Fiesa QA program is a PITA.  How is M-Modal's QA system in comparison? ...

Nuance Vs M*Modal
Dec 11, 2012

I currently work for Assistmed, but have a phone interview with Nuance and M*Modal later this week.  I have read all the reviews about both companies and still not sure which is better.  Anyone have any experience with either of the two or any input on which company is better?  ...

Nuance/M-modal
Aug 17, 2013

I wonder if M-modal is trying desperately to keep their heads above water so as not to be bought out by Nuance.  I just can't fathom all these layoffs.  I'm really truly sorry.  How heavy your hearts must be right now.   It's just incomprehensible that they would do this to all of you.   ...

Nuance Vs. M-Modal
Jan 02, 2014

I just accepted an offer from Nuance.  I know, I know.  I used to work for M-Modal when it was Medquist three years ago.  I loved the DocQScribe platform.  Has anyone gone from working for M-Modal to Nuance?  Was there any change in the way lines were counted?  How do you compare working on Nuance's platform versus that of M-Modal? ...

M-Modal Or Nuance
Jan 13, 2014

Good Intentions.  Which is the better company MM or Nuance? ...

Nuance Or M*Modal?
Mar 26, 2014

I've learned a lot from the M*Modal side, but now if you don't mind I would like to ask questions about Nuance. 1. Do they hire part-time, and if yes what might a schedule consist of? 2. What are the line requirements? 3. Weekend work required? 4. What shifts are offered, do they have 1st/2nd/3rd? And, just about anything that is on your mind. TIA! ...

If You Had To Pick - Nuance Or M*Modal?
Jul 21, 2012

I've read more bad than good on both companies. ...

Same Thing At Nuance As M*Modal?
Apr 04, 2013

I'm in shock about all the layoffs at M*Modal this morning!  I'm sure everyone else is too.  I'm scared/worried the same thing might happen to Nuance now.  I see job postings all the time for both companies.  It's crazy how they hire all these people and then layoff a bunch of people.  I'm curious to know how many people in total got laid off.  Does anyone else see this coming at Nuance?  ...

Is There Anything Good About M-Modal And Nuance?
Dec 25, 2013

I've reached the point where I'll work for almost any company, even M-Modal or Nuance, if it means I can get a steady paycheck.  My current company is going down the tubes fast.  I've hung in here as long as I possibly can, but I think it's an exercise in futility.  Does anyone at M-Modal or Nuance have any positive experiences, or is it really as bad as all the posts make it sound?  Surely there must be "something" good, or they wouldn't have so man ...

Transcend/Nuance - M-Modal Question.
Jun 20, 2012

When Wmx was taken over M-modal was taken from us.  Do you at Transcend still use it and are you having it taken away also?  ...

Opinions On M-Modal Versus Nuance.
Jul 09, 2012

Working right now for NTS (lots of dirt here), but would like some honest opinions on M-Modal.  They sent me an email wanting me to test (as i am sure they have many others), and today I got an automated phone call from them.  Anyone know if this would be an improvement?  Thanks! ...

M*Modal Or Nuance? Pros And Cons?
Sep 19, 2012

. ...

Interesting Article, Nuance/M*Modal 20% Of Tx Business. Sm
May 22, 2012

Although this article dates back to March, I found it interesting. Had no idea that Nuance and MQ (M*Modal) only had 20% of the transcription business when this was written in March, 2012. http://seekingalpha.com/article/408141-can-transcend-services-write-its-own-ticket ...

Job Hunting.....which Is Better - Nuance Or M'Modal? Have Read All Posts.
Jun 27, 2012

Now taking a poll.   :) ...

This Blog Might Interest Those That Work For Nuance Or M*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Is There A Market Reshuffling On The Horizon For The Medical Transcription Industry? Today I’m going to indulge in something I rarely do, much to the exasperation of my wife Carol. A goodly number of our conversations begin with her asking me, “What do you suppose…” and end with me saying, “I don’t have a clue.” I’m not sure if this reluctance to speculate is a guy thing or just a facet of my own particular personality, but for once I’m g ...

Hmmm Interesting Read About Nuance Trying To Buy M*Modal
Jul 17, 2012

No clue what this means to us peons working the trenches, but interesting, see link: http://hdstoday.com/?p=143   ...

ACQUISITION
Oct 01, 2012

Nuance is a terrible cancer to the health care industry.  Just heard of another acquisition as of today as well as one last week.    http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2012/10/01/nuance-communications-buys-thomas-and-associates/8K2ns8bAqnTJK61q7eNlFP/story.html ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

New To MQ By Acquisition. In UltiPro Which Line
Oct 12, 2011

shows what our base cpl is?  TIA! ...

XL TECH DIGITAL ACQUISITION TECHNOLOGY
Mar 23, 2012

EEG - my question is in the subject line.  Excel tech, XL tek, cannot ref.  thanks! ...

Anybody Out There Who Used To Work For Alltype Before The Acquisition Who Are Happy Now?
Oct 05, 2012