A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

M*Modal or Nuance - longtimetyper

Posted: Aug 26, 2012

Which company is better to work for, M*Modal or Nuance?  I'd like some honest, positive feedback on each company before I decide which one to sign with.  Thank you!!

I would like to know too - JB

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you already test for both of them? I am thinking about trying to test for both of them. Do they each have a clinical side or both acute care? I haven't done hospital transcription since 1997, but would like to get back into that part.

MModal & Nuance - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
Neither one of them offered me a chance to test! I don't understand it. I've worked on and off site, I had my own business back in the early 90's (17 practices, each practice with multiple dictators) and I taught at a local college at night. I don't understand it.

I would think 4y.gap since last MT job has something to do with - it. Things ALOT different now. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

To MT2 - On site MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I really can't say for sure why you were not asked to test. I did notice that you mentioned that you worked for multiple practices. What were the specialties? Was any of it inpatient/acute care? Some places hire for hospital accounts, and it really helps to have that background, they also look at your most recent experience. You might want to ask a friend to take a look at your resume, maybe there is something you could do differently to get their attention. There are a lot of other companies to try, don't give up after only two!
Good advice... - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
"they also look at your most recent experience"

I think this is the problem (and it shouldn't be). The OP posted in another thread that although she has 30 years of experience, she has a 4-year gap due to (resolved) medical issues, and I think it's really going to hinder the job search. It's sad what this industry has become - with hundreds of experienced MTs applying for one posted job opening, MTSOs who pay peanuts can pick and choose...

I work for MM and am fine with it, - but I guess everyone has

[ In Reply To ..]
different experiences. I never worked for Nuance. I suppose the best thing to do is just to commit to one or the other (I would go with which ever one pays the most) and try it out for a while to find out for yourself if it is tolerable. Good luck!

As a buy out, the transition was excruciating. But I was determined - to make it work & glad it did. Doing well. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oh, hee hee. This is MM. Glad I stuck it out. Doing ok now but often - signed off emails with *I hate my job* nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I work for Nuance and it's okay. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with the poster who said to go with the one who offers the most money.

At Nuance I work on the acute care side and I am on a great account and my team lead is good as well. I also like the Escription platform.

I went with Nuance because they gave me a M-F schedule, which was something I was unable to get elsewhere.

There is only 1 problem that I have encountered with Nuance and that is QA/QC has some issues and can be confusing and occassionally unfair.

Good luck in whatever choice you make.

I work for MModal too and I like it. No complaints - here. Never worked for Nuance.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Those are your only choices? - Are you serious?

[ In Reply To ..]
You are only considering those two? In that case, it really doesn't matter.

You know it's kind of an obvious choice. Except for those rare companies that people... - ndmt68

[ In Reply To ..]
happen upon being in the right place at the right time - the ones who offer great wages and great accounts - almost everyone else is in danger of working for a company that will be acquired by Nuance or M-Modal and/or working for an overflow company that runs out of work. I applied at Nuance hoping for the chance to prove myself and move up in the company. It might happen and it might not, but in the meantime I know I like the eScription platform, and a company that size should be able to offer plenty of work. On the downside, the wages could be better, and and I am a little worried about the QA comments I've heard, but I figured it's worth a shot.

From what I can gather reading this board at least... - MM comes out slightly better than

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance, but both can be pretty rotten. I just think MT (or now ME) is a very poor career choice no matter where you end up.
I would have put M*Modal ahead, too, but I do know... - ndmt68
[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance's platforms. I'm really concerned about Nuance's QA but equally concerned about the bad feedback on M*Modal's newest platform upgrade. I worked on a platform that popped up its own headings, and it completely throws you.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Go With The Higher Paying (see message) - CaliMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Words of wisdom -- from my personal experience -- and since I have worked at both MQ and Nuance, my advice:

Go With The Higher Paying (MQ).

Fortunately, I tested very well at MQ (M*Modal) and I started out at the top tier level, then within a few months I automatically received several pay increases until reaching the top pay level for Tier 3 MT/MME. ...but that was several years ago, and they no longer offer any pay increases.

So it is best to reach for the top tier from Day One -- and you must test very well.

Frankly, top tier pay MT rate at MQ is much higher than the top tier MT pay rate at Nuance where the pay is basically the same "across the board" -- however, the workload has been consistent at Nuance (with rare NJA for my primary accounts including Rad Onc and Surgery).

Also to consider: You will deal with the same corporate B.S. at both companies, it is part of the business. Fortuantely, I worked with a good team at both companies (i.e., CCM, operations manager, team lead, QA/QC). This makes a big difference in your job satisfaction level!

Many MTs on my team got increases at M*Modal - a few months back. Increases are

[ In Reply To ..]
not out of the question. You can always ask for one and if you are not at your top tier rate, they will usually give it to you. I got two increases just within this past year.

Similar Messages:

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Nuance Vs. MQ/M*Modal
Apr 15, 2012

Anyone worked for MQ before Nuance who can say which is worse/better?  Sick and tired of M*Modal.  I'm sure there are comments somewhere on the board about this before, but I can't find them.  Thanks! ...

M-Modal/Nuance QA
Oct 21, 2012

Nuance Fiesa QA program is a PITA.  How is M-Modal's QA system in comparison? ...

Nuance Vs M*Modal
Dec 11, 2012

I currently work for Assistmed, but have a phone interview with Nuance and M*Modal later this week.  I have read all the reviews about both companies and still not sure which is better.  Anyone have any experience with either of the two or any input on which company is better?  ...

Nuance/M-modal
Aug 17, 2013

I wonder if M-modal is trying desperately to keep their heads above water so as not to be bought out by Nuance.  I just can't fathom all these layoffs.  I'm really truly sorry.  How heavy your hearts must be right now.   It's just incomprehensible that they would do this to all of you.   ...

Nuance Vs. M-Modal
Jan 02, 2014

I just accepted an offer from Nuance.  I know, I know.  I used to work for M-Modal when it was Medquist three years ago.  I loved the DocQScribe platform.  Has anyone gone from working for M-Modal to Nuance?  Was there any change in the way lines were counted?  How do you compare working on Nuance's platform versus that of M-Modal? ...

M-Modal Or Nuance
Jan 13, 2014

Good Intentions.  Which is the better company MM or Nuance? ...

Nuance Or M*Modal?
Mar 26, 2014

I've learned a lot from the M*Modal side, but now if you don't mind I would like to ask questions about Nuance. 1. Do they hire part-time, and if yes what might a schedule consist of? 2. What are the line requirements? 3. Weekend work required? 4. What shifts are offered, do they have 1st/2nd/3rd? And, just about anything that is on your mind. TIA! ...

If You Had To Pick - Nuance Or M*Modal?
Jul 21, 2012

I've read more bad than good on both companies. ...

Same Thing At Nuance As M*Modal?
Apr 04, 2013

I'm in shock about all the layoffs at M*Modal this morning!  I'm sure everyone else is too.  I'm scared/worried the same thing might happen to Nuance now.  I see job postings all the time for both companies.  It's crazy how they hire all these people and then layoff a bunch of people.  I'm curious to know how many people in total got laid off.  Does anyone else see this coming at Nuance?  ...

Is There Anything Good About M-Modal And Nuance?
Dec 25, 2013

I've reached the point where I'll work for almost any company, even M-Modal or Nuance, if it means I can get a steady paycheck.  My current company is going down the tubes fast.  I've hung in here as long as I possibly can, but I think it's an exercise in futility.  Does anyone at M-Modal or Nuance have any positive experiences, or is it really as bad as all the posts make it sound?  Surely there must be "something" good, or they wouldn't have so man ...

Losing M-Modal With Nuance Acquisition
May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA. ...

Transcend/Nuance - M-Modal Question.
Jun 20, 2012

When Wmx was taken over M-modal was taken from us.  Do you at Transcend still use it and are you having it taken away also?  ...

Opinions On M-Modal Versus Nuance.
Jul 09, 2012

Working right now for NTS (lots of dirt here), but would like some honest opinions on M-Modal.  They sent me an email wanting me to test (as i am sure they have many others), and today I got an automated phone call from them.  Anyone know if this would be an improvement?  Thanks! ...

M*Modal Or Nuance? Pros And Cons?
Sep 19, 2012

. ...

Interesting Article, Nuance/M*Modal 20% Of Tx Business. Sm
May 22, 2012

Although this article dates back to March, I found it interesting. Had no idea that Nuance and MQ (M*Modal) only had 20% of the transcription business when this was written in March, 2012. http://seekingalpha.com/article/408141-can-transcend-services-write-its-own-ticket ...

Job Hunting.....which Is Better - Nuance Or M'Modal? Have Read All Posts.
Jun 27, 2012

Now taking a poll.   :) ...

This Blog Might Interest Those That Work For Nuance Or M*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Is There A Market Reshuffling On The Horizon For The Medical Transcription Industry? Today I’m going to indulge in something I rarely do, much to the exasperation of my wife Carol. A goodly number of our conversations begin with her asking me, “What do you suppose…” and end with me saying, “I don’t have a clue.” I’m not sure if this reluctance to speculate is a guy thing or just a facet of my own particular personality, but for once I’m g ...

Hmmm Interesting Read About Nuance Trying To Buy M*Modal
Jul 17, 2012

No clue what this means to us peons working the trenches, but interesting, see link: http://hdstoday.com/?p=143   ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

M*Modal VR
Sep 25, 2010

I have another question.  When one does a draft in VR, does MT get paid for all lines in the draft or would an MT get paid if it has to be edited.  I will be trying to learn this in the next few weeks and I am scared to death I will not catch on and then I might be without a job.   I have a feeling I might not get paid for the whole draft report.  Then again it may depend on the company.  Any opinions please.   Thanks  ...

The M*Modal Man...
Jan 24, 2012

...looks like he's dropping a deuce.  Sorry, but he does.   Also, how do you pronounce the name of the company?  I say it to rhyme with immobile - immodal.   ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About M*Modal?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone know anything about M*Modal? I have never heard of them and would like some input. Thanks. ...

What/who Is M*Modal?
Mar 03, 2012

Is this Medquist?  Tell me more.  I used to work for MQ years ago and was interested in going back part time. ...

M*modal MTs
Mar 25, 2012

I'm considering applying to M*modal.  I've been around the block (several times) so I'm aware of the reputation, etc.  This means anyone who just wants to slam the company, please bypass this thread.  For those of you who work for M*modal and are happy, what is it you like about the company?  Would you recommend a friend apply? TIA. GG ...

M*Modal Job
Apr 13, 2012

Been offered a job at M*Modal.  Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of working there?  Is there enough work.  Where I work now it is SO hit and miss, feast or famine.  I need something more consistent. Are they flexible?   Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Dee Dee ...

Going With M*Modal
Apr 30, 2012

Our hospital is supposed to make the decision tomorrow if they are going to keep our work in-house or outsource to M*Modal.  I want to make an informed decision when and if we are told we are going with M*Modal.  Do you get holidays?  How is the pay?  Flexible schedule?  What about our vacations that are already scheduled?  If they hire us will we still be on our same accounts? Thanks for any info. ...

M*Modal Buy Out
May 24, 2012

When M*Modal does a buy out, are the clients from that company they bought out notified? ...