A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ACQUISITION - NUANCE AGAIN

Posted: Oct 01, 2012

Nuance is a terrible cancer to the health care industry.  Just heard of another acquisition as of today as well as one last week. 

http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2012/10/01/nuance-communications-buys-thomas-and-associates/8K2ns8bAqnTJK61q7eNlFP/story.html

This is more a technical acquisition than an MTSO - acquisition.

[ In Reply To ..]
(nm)

Even so. An acquisition by big MTSOs in any way, - shape or form is bad news for us MTs.

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder just how close to actual monopoly status these companies have to get before it sets off some kind of governmental alarm?

Nuance - Cancer

[ In Reply To ..]
IMO, I wonder how many more antitrust violations they accumulate too:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/44977455/Nuance-Under-Antitrust-Investigation

Similar Messages:

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

New To MQ By Acquisition. In UltiPro Which Line
Oct 12, 2011

shows what our base cpl is?  TIA! ...

For Any Potential New Nuance Acquisition
Jun 21, 2014

Every time there is a hospital or clinic acquisition, those "acquired" MTs will be crammed onto existing accounts as their own account/work types become more streamlined and less available as more and more of it is done more efficiently with voice wreck and 3 shifts of people to do the work. Think of it like when a larger dog moves into a pen already crowded with too many dogs. All the pre-existing dogs have to scooch over yet again (exist on less) to make room for the new dog in the cage.& ...

XL TECH DIGITAL ACQUISITION TECHNOLOGY
Mar 23, 2012

EEG - my question is in the subject line.  Excel tech, XL tek, cannot ref.  thanks! ...

Losing M-Modal With Nuance Acquisition
May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA. ...

The M*Modal Talent Acquisition Team
Jun 27, 2012

What is going on at M*Modal that would make their acquisition team email me and leave phone messages at least 3 times a week for over a month?  I have not responded to any of these messages, and I have not shown any interest in working for them in many years.  Where is what I get:  Dear *********, Recently, we contacted you to inform you that you are eligible to retest for a position with M*Modal. We have not yet received your testing results. Please note, your testing must be ...

Anybody Out There Who Used To Work For Alltype Before The Acquisition Who Are Happy Now?
Oct 05, 2012

IMedX Nearly $50 Million In Revenue Acquisition
Sep 11, 2014

Hey iMedX MTs, I thought you would like to know how well we are doing. I think it's time for a line rate increase! http://itbriefing.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=610308 ATLANTA, Sept. 3, 2014 -- iMedX, a leading health information solutions company and a leader in medical documentation solutions, today announced that it has added nearly $50 million in acquisition revenue over the past 12 months thanks to eight deals, including five in 2014. iMedX, the third- ...

Nuance/Transcend Acquisition Done Deal? See Link In Message...
Apr 26, 2012

Looks like a done deal if I read this correctly as of today?  Read article below.... http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120426-715167.html?mod=WSJ_ComputerSoftware_middleHeadlines ...

Didn't He Say "nothing Would Change" In Our Acquisition Phone Calls
Oct 28, 2014

We would work the same he said.  Lies all lies.  One of my exclusives uploads throughout the day, the others all at once at the end of the day or their last patient.  How I am suppose to cover this in 4 hours from time of dictation and only work part time?  Did anyone record the transition to Nuance calls?  I'd love to play them back now.  **insert nasty language here** ...