A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

For any potential new Nuance acquisition - or hire. Please read this.

Posted: Jun 21, 2014

Every time there is a hospital or clinic acquisition, those "acquired" MTs will be crammed onto existing accounts as their own account/work types become more streamlined and less available as more and more of it is done more efficiently with voice wreck and 3 shifts of people to do the work. 

Think of it like when a larger dog moves into a pen already crowded with too many dogs. All the pre-existing dogs have to scooch over yet again (exist on less) to make room for the new dog in the cage. 

You will never be told when this is going to happen, of course. 

All the recent talk about capacity optimization? That is just a fancy name for what they been doing all along. Shifting everyone around trying to keep too many clients happy while losing experienced old dogs who just got way too tired of scooching over to make room for the new people all the time just to stay alive. 

Nuance acquisitions - Saphyre

[ In Reply To ..]
"Every time there is a hospital or clinic acquisition, those "acquired" MTs will be crammed onto existing accounts as their own account/work types become more streamlined and less available as more and more of it is done more efficiently with voice wreck and 3 shifts of people to do the work"

Is that a true statement? I have been reading about hospitals acquired and MTs being given the option of applying with Nuance, working under Nuance for a year at their same hourly rate, on their same account then transitioning over and somewhere in between. We are being "acquired"; they have all of out IP, ER and DS which we get Xrays, Path, and whatever else is left. None of us are going to work for them at 0.07 cpl when we can make more money by bumping into the hospital.

The same thing also happens if your MTSO - gets acquired by another.

[ In Reply To ..]

Statement is true indeed. They lie, repeatedly. - True indeed.

[ In Reply To ..]
"...working under Nuance for a year at their same hourly rate, on their same account then transitioning over and somewhere in between. We are being "acquired"; they have all of out IP, ER..."

The time you will be kept on your previous wages varies highly, as the speed with which they can get the report types all polished up enough to be off-shored as soon as possible varies. Remember, in order to cut their own costs, Nuance is highly motivated to LIMIT that amount of time in whatever way possible. Might be 6 weeks, 6 months. Then you just get crammed onto whatever accounts there are on your own platform (some have even had to switch platforms to stay in sufficient work). Everyone's line counts go down when this happens, and you are now just one of us, working for the devil themselves. Stuck, broke, possibly even homeless before long.

Similar Messages:

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

Losing M-Modal With Nuance Acquisition
May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA. ...

Nuance/Transcend Acquisition Done Deal? See Link In Message...
Apr 26, 2012

Looks like a done deal if I read this correctly as of today?  Read article below.... http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120426-715167.html?mod=WSJ_ComputerSoftware_middleHeadlines ...

ACQUISITION
Oct 01, 2012

Nuance is a terrible cancer to the health care industry.  Just heard of another acquisition as of today as well as one last week.    http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2012/10/01/nuance-communications-buys-thomas-and-associates/8K2ns8bAqnTJK61q7eNlFP/story.html ...

New To MQ By Acquisition. In UltiPro Which Line
Oct 12, 2011

shows what our base cpl is?  TIA! ...

XL TECH DIGITAL ACQUISITION TECHNOLOGY
Mar 23, 2012

EEG - my question is in the subject line.  Excel tech, XL tek, cannot ref.  thanks! ...

The M*Modal Talent Acquisition Team
Jun 27, 2012

What is going on at M*Modal that would make their acquisition team email me and leave phone messages at least 3 times a week for over a month?  I have not responded to any of these messages, and I have not shown any interest in working for them in many years.  Where is what I get:  Dear *********, Recently, we contacted you to inform you that you are eligible to retest for a position with M*Modal. We have not yet received your testing results. Please note, your testing must be ...

Anybody Out There Who Used To Work For Alltype Before The Acquisition Who Are Happy Now?
Oct 05, 2012

IMedX Nearly $50 Million In Revenue Acquisition
Sep 11, 2014

Hey iMedX MTs, I thought you would like to know how well we are doing. I think it's time for a line rate increase! http://itbriefing.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=610308 ATLANTA, Sept. 3, 2014 -- iMedX, a leading health information solutions company and a leader in medical documentation solutions, today announced that it has added nearly $50 million in acquisition revenue over the past 12 months thanks to eight deals, including five in 2014. iMedX, the third- ...

MME - Really More Pay Potential Or Not?
Oct 08, 2011

It has been suggested to me by my CCM that I apply for MME position, stating I will definitely make more $$$.  My gut says no I won't but I have nothing to back that up.  Any first-hand experience out there to confirm or negate my intuition?  ...

Tell The Potential 2nd Employer About The 1st?
Sep 20, 2011

Took me quite awhile to figure this out. You need 2 MT jobs because they all overhire to keep many more employees less busy to pay less. In my day, you kept your 2nd job quiet, but what is the way to do it now? Is it good or bad to be looking for a 2nd part-time job, do you tell them. Is there anyone who left the first job to go full time with the 2nd one or switched them? And is it better to go IC in the 2nd job because of flexibility? I sound pretty dumb! ...

Potential Scam
Sep 19, 2012

I was contacted by a company wanting to interview by chatting.  I did all that, and it sounded so great.  Set your own hours, work as much as you want, etc.  All I had to do to get started was pay $295 for the software they use.  I did some fast Google searches in another window and decided not to.  They pointed out that as an Independent Contracter, I was responsible for my own equipment.  I pointed out that I bought my own hardware, which is almost universall ...

Potential New Hire
Dec 07, 2013

I've had a job offer with a transcription company..however, my problem is I'm required to have MS Word, version 2007 or 2010,,,no student/teacher/starter or trial editions....and I've gone to Best Buy, E Bay and Amazon.  The cheapest I have found to dowload it is $300 !!  That's not happening....so, is there a less expensive way ??? If not, I'm faced with turning down this job offer.   HELP !! ...

Potential Jobs --
Apr 10, 2015

These were listed on a recent Duke Career email I got. I think they are on-ground. I'm on the West coast. Tomah Memorial Hospital Transcriptionist Tomah (WI), Posted: Monday Mar 30th Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Transcriptionist Boston (MA), Posted: Thursday Mar 26th MidMichigan Health Sr Medical Transcriptionist Midland (MI), Posted: Thursday Mar 26th Miraca Life Sciences Transcriptionist Union (NJ), Posted: Thursday Apr 2nd ...

? S/l Asmedicine Revoke Potential
Jan 26, 2010

Patient has a history or balance problems.  sentence reads: She also had s/l asmediciine revoke potential which showed abnormal bilateral tibial s/l mad sensory evoke potentials in normal positions and "budda positions". ...

Potential Complication From Laparoscopic
Sep 23, 2010

"Risks, benefits, and potential complications were discussed with the patient, in particular _________ (s/l  *tomboy buttock*)  phenomenon".     (Pt. is a male). ????? ...

Inscribe For Potential Emplyment
Feb 06, 2012

How is Inscribe to work for.  Do they hire IC or just employees. I know we have talked about this before on here but just wanted to see if anyone was hired recently that would have an opinion on them.  I have gotten several emails from them regarding employment and have not pursued that. ...

Need Advice For A Potential Client
May 13, 2013

Hi, I wondered if some of you who have your own accounts or who have had your own accounts could give me some information.  I have been asked if I would like a part-time dermatology account as an independent contractor in my town.  They said I needed my own transcription software with ability to provide itemized report with invoices.  I know I could use Express Scribe, but what would I need for the itemized report with invoices.  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but would l ...

Keystrokes, As Bad As NU Or MM? Potential Offer
Aug 19, 2013

X ...

Isnt It Illegal For A Potential Employer To Ask Your Age?
Nov 16, 2009

Have any of you had the feeling you weren't getting callbacks from employers you applied with because of your age?  I've been getting that feeling, and I thought that discrimination based on age, among other things, was illegal. So of course, the answer would be to just not fill in your date of birth, right?  Well, lately I've applied at a few places where the ONLY way to apply was online.  I had actually called them because I wanted to either come in and fill out ...

Potential Employers Interview Process
Mar 22, 2011

So I graduated in February and began the job hunt.  Finally I receive one call back from a local company. To date I have attended two seperate interviews. The second time I was supposed to test but the computer was not working so a couple of weeks later they schedule testing at one of the transcriptionist house.  I test and the computer freezes up.  Luckily the test is recovered the next day and sent to the boss for review.  Get another call today, and am told that ...

Cold Contacting Potential Clients
May 31, 2011

Anyone have any helpful suggestions on cold contacting potential clients. Better by email, mail, fax or phone? Which would be thought of as the most professional? ...

I Was Warned Of A Potential Bad Employer By Checking
Apr 30, 2013

this forum and I backed out because I had to purchase software and would be "micromanaged" too closely. I found myself on the offensive and caught the recruiter off guard because I told him I had no money to buy software because MTs are so poor. It was beautiful just to hear his jaw drop! I felt tremendous just to boycott this industry in my own way. ...

Potential To Switch From Straight Transcription To SR?
May 15, 2013

Hi - I have been doing acute care work for this client as an IC for almost two years. While I enjoy the work, I know it is probably in my best interest to start doing some SR work as well. The company I work for just asked their ICs if anyone is interested in learning the SR platform for some new SR work that is coming onboard. I am currently only making .07 cpl! I know that SR line rates are generally lower since the "assumption" is you can go a bit faster, can anyone give me a fair id ...

For All Potential Candidates. Truth In Recruitment Advertising
Apr 01, 2015

Nuance is first and foremost a software company that depends upon poorly paid MTs to do the work of software engineers to perfect speech recognition software. By pretending to be a legitimate MTSO, they can recruit innocent MTs straight out of school who have no expectations of being self-sufficient any time soon. They use you, though, until the speech wreck is in passable condition for front-end EHR or shipment off to India. Once this occurs, usually 6 to 8 weeks after acquisition of the accoun ...

Potential Major Development For The Medical Transcription Industry - Sm
Apr 29, 2015

Dr. Wyatt, a physician affiliated with The Joint Commission, just released an article recommending that the TJC become involved in helping to create new standards and protocols for the medical transcription industry.  His article addressed the vast majority of the issues that negatively impact the dictation/transcription process and the need to fix these problems because of their potential for jeopardizing patient safety.  Among the many things mentioned in the article that he feels ne ...

Didn't He Say "nothing Would Change" In Our Acquisition Phone Calls
Oct 28, 2014

We would work the same he said.  Lies all lies.  One of my exclusives uploads throughout the day, the others all at once at the end of the day or their last patient.  How I am suppose to cover this in 4 hours from time of dictation and only work part time?  Did anyone record the transition to Nuance calls?  I'd love to play them back now.  **insert nasty language here** ...

Sounds Like "z Medicine Evoked Potential." In A Neurology Dictation
Jan 14, 2010

Thanks ...

Is It True That, As An IC, A Potential "employer" Cannot
Aug 20, 2014

ask if you work for another place right now?  I thought that they could not ask that. ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...