A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance/Transcend acquisition done deal? See link in message... - DONE!

Posted: Apr 26, 2012

Looks like a done deal if I read this correctly as of today?  Read article below....

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120426-715167.html?mod=WSJ_ComputerSoftware_middleHeadlines

Article on acquisition of Transcend - alrightythen

[ In Reply To ..]
The link is incorrect above. Here is the jist of it:

Nuance Communications Inc. (NUAN) projected fiscal second-quarter earnings that handily topped Wall Street views, as the speech-software company also said it successfully completed its tender offer to acquire peer Transcend Services Inc. (TRCR).

Shares were up 13% at $25.87 in premarket trading. Through Wednesday's close, the stock is down 9.4% this year.

Nuance projected fiscal second-quarter profit of 42 cents to 43 cents a share on revenue of $389 million to $391 million. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters recently expected earnings of 38 cents on revenue of $406 million.

The company plans to complete the roughly $327 million acquisition Thursday through a "short form" merger, which doesn't require a meeting of Transcend shareholders.

Similar Messages:

Nuance's Acquisition Of Webmedx
Jul 14, 2011

I saw the press release today regarding Nuance/Webmedx and was wondering, since Medquist bought M-Modal last month, if all the Webmedx accounts are being swiched over to eScription or Dictaphone (which Nuance uses), or if Nuance also acquired the Enterprise platform and all Webmedx accounts are back to that platform. Anyone out there with any additional information about how the QA folks will be handled? I'm a former Webmedx'er and a new (yet to start working) Nuance employee, so am ve ...

For Any Potential New Nuance Acquisition
Jun 21, 2014

Every time there is a hospital or clinic acquisition, those "acquired" MTs will be crammed onto existing accounts as their own account/work types become more streamlined and less available as more and more of it is done more efficiently with voice wreck and 3 shifts of people to do the work. Think of it like when a larger dog moves into a pen already crowded with too many dogs. All the pre-existing dogs have to scooch over yet again (exist on less) to make room for the new dog in the cage.& ...

Does Anyone Know The Link (see Message)
Feb 19, 2011

I've been googling for quite awhile trying to find the link for the free 30-day trial of Instant Text or Shorthand.  I'm currently working in Bayscribe and understand both of these programs are compatible with it, but I wanted to try the free 30-day trial first. Does anyone know the linkage for the free 30-day trial on either (or both) of these? Thanks so much for any assistance :-) ...

Losing M-Modal With Nuance Acquisition
May 21, 2012

Can you tell me what we will notice or how we will be impacted when M-Modal is taken away from Transcend/Nuance employees.  (If indeed it is taken away.) TIA. ...

How Do You Deal With A Very Rude Team Lead? I Work For Transcend And
Oct 08, 2011

have never been treated so badly at any company.  My team lead sends out the nastiest e-mails I have ever received in my life.  When I talked to my ROM (who is no longer there), she said I just needed to realize that this person had a very strong military background and that is "just how she is".  I have been around a lot of military and most of them were taught to be tactful and at least half way nice.  You never know what is going to set this one off or how she will react t ...

Nuance Link?
Mar 11, 2010

Does anyone still have the link that showed the all the Federal Court cases against Nuance? ...

Check Out This Link To Nuance India
Jul 11, 2012

Oh please look at this link for Nuance India: http://www.ntsindia.in/ and while you're in there, check out the tab at the top that says "MT Training" and while in that tab, look at the subheading concerning earning potential for Indian transcriptionists. The base salary as quoted from that information is 8000 rupees a moth, which equals 160 dollars in US funds.  This is why we have no work and can't make production because we cannot compete with a company that hires out of coun ...

Accentus Waiting For Link For New Nuance Changes
Nov 21, 2013

I was just wondering if there are any other Accentus employees who are on pins and needles waiting to hear about our benefits/new payroll changes?  First we are told we will hear something last week, then oops, sorry, an e-mail will be sent out with a LINK so we can listen to a RECORDING (are they afraid to speak to us and hear what we think??) and then another e-mail stating sorry, it is not ready yet, but you will still have plenty of time to enroll for your healthcare.  Time to dese ...

Message To Transcend
Aug 18, 2010

I would like to know why MTSOs, specifically Transcend,  post ads when they don't bother to contact the qualified people who apply.  They make you jump through the questionnaire and written test hoops and then ignore.   What a waste of time.   ...

TRANSCEND MANAGEMENT MESSAGE
Mar 11, 2011

Odd message from Transcend management about all the weather issues today, including the ones around the world.  So, does that mean the offshore transcriptionists may have been affected by the earthquake and the tsunami?  Funny.  We're good enough for the overflow from offshore?  What kind of message is that? ...

Message To Nuance
Apr 03, 2014

Here's what my husband said when told Nuance said to use "tax return" to buy a new computer to do their work:  "Tell them to go to!" Good enough for me. ...

Check Out The UNEMPLOYMENT Message On The Nuance Board Everyone
May 29, 2012

nm ...

ACQUISITION
Oct 01, 2012

Nuance is a terrible cancer to the health care industry.  Just heard of another acquisition as of today as well as one last week.    http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2012/10/01/nuance-communications-buys-thomas-and-associates/8K2ns8bAqnTJK61q7eNlFP/story.html ...

Transcend MQ Or Nuance
Jul 28, 2011

I'm trying to decide whether to apply at Transcend, Nuance or MQ. Any  inputs from those MTs that work at these 3 companies? I would greatly appreciate your assistance as all 3 companies have contacted me and I'm very leery of Nuance because of the offshore connection. Does Transcend or MQ send our work offshore or are owned by offshore companies?  Thanks for your honesty.   ...

Transcend Or Nuance?.............sm
Nov 27, 2011

Having phone interviews tomorrow.....any input from knowledgeable MTs? I have not been in the job search for years, feel like a duck out of water....thank you for any input! ...

Is There Anything Better About Nuance Than Transcend?
Mar 07, 2012

I have a lump in my throat today about the merger.  I am wondering if there is anything positive that can come out of this.  Do part time workers receive any benefits?  Are there any typing accounts at Nuance or is it all VR?  TIA ...

Is Transcend Now Nuance? Nm
Jun 02, 2012

nm ...

Transcend QA/Nuance
Jun 11, 2012

Well, well, well.  Looks like some of the Transcend QA hagathas must be QAing Nuance's work now because they are marking off for every little thing!  I get marked off because I forgot to add a dash.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!  I was QC myself but went back to being an MT due to the low pay per hour, and I just noticed this.  They want to make sure no one will ever get that bonus it looks like! ...

Nuance Versus Transcend?
Jun 23, 2011

Any thoughts on these 2 companies? Which one would you consider to be the lesser of 2 evils? TIA! ...

Transcend Versus Nuance
Dec 14, 2011

I am thinking about both Nuance and Transcend.  Does anyone like working for Nuance?  Does anyone have any advice?  Left MQ - looking for something better. ...

Nuance To Acquire Transcend
Mar 07, 2012

nm ...

TRANSCEND BOUGHT OUT BY NUANCE
Mar 07, 2012

Transcend employees received notification this morning that Transcend is being bought out by Nuance. Transition expected to happen during the second half of Nuance's fiscal year 2012. Those of you with Nuance - is this a good thing? ...

Transcend/Nuance Web Sites Down?
May 21, 2012

Can't get into beyond text or the MLS site.  Any problems known? ...

64 Bit -- Compatible With Transcend/Nuance??
Oct 03, 2012

just got a new computer, and realized the box says 64 bit -- I think i remember being told that is not compatible with the job stuff.  Do you know????  what is that mean anyway, "bit"? ...

Did Nuance Buy TransTech? Or Was That Transcend? Or Both? Nm
Nov 29, 2012

x ...

Does Anybody With Nuance/Transcend Have Enough Work
Nov 29, 2012

to actually make a living.  Before Nuance bought Transcend I almost always had PLENTY of work.  For the last month or so, work has been very, very, very scarce on a once very busy account.  Had the offer to be transferred to a different region, but who knows how the work load would be in another region.  I have a sinking feeling all the regions are pretty much the same.  Besides, I really like my supervisor and pretty much like the accounts I'm on.  Just not en ...

Nuance/Transcend/Accentus
Dec 08, 2012

As a Transcender being taken over by Nuance, I am appalled that we have received no word about anything other than we will start with a time clock. No word about how we will be compensated, only "rumors" which I am sick of. Now I see Accentus is still hiring, advertising and advertising a "holiday bonus". Well, I want a holiday bonus. I am affraid they are not telling us "facts" just to keep everyone from quitting at on time. ...

Nuance/Transcend Services
Mar 12, 2013

Please excuse if this is a duplicate message. I would like to find out from the MTs out there what their thoughts, suggestions, etc., are about Nuane/Transcend Services. I have recently learned that the current hospital I am doing transcription for is going to be outsourcing to this company. I would appreciate thoughts, concerns...no venting please. ...

New To MQ By Acquisition. In UltiPro Which Line
Oct 12, 2011

shows what our base cpl is?  TIA! ...

Is Anyone From Transcend Thinking Of Applying At Nuance?
Mar 16, 2012

Just to go ahead and make the change and hopefully avoid some of the stress with the transition? I see that Nuance has ads up for MTs.  I'm also concerned about whether or not they will hire all MTs from Transcend during the buyout.   ...