A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medquist now M Modal. Very interesting! - nm

Posted: Jan 24, 2012

what is so interesting about it? - stupidity

[ In Reply To ..]
Ridiculous name for a ridiculous company.

not at ALL interesting - should be McModal

[ In Reply To ..]
They are desperate to change their reputation.

McModal is much more apt than M*Modal.

Yes I saw an ad for MModal wanting MTs - Trying to get rid of the "bad name"

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Getting rid of the bad name - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It is like trying to wash off a skunk's spray. They will NEVER get rid of the stench.

MModal-Not Necessarily MedQuist - ezedit

[ In Reply To ..]
MModal, has several original companies that use their product that have nothing to do with MQ. Same for KS and CharNet. KS and MQ do not have access to the "original" MTSOs employees or accounts for MModal or ChartNet.

Similar Messages:

Interesting Medquist Article
Aug 11, 2011

http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/110316/MEDQUIST-INC_10-K/ ...

Interesting Message From M-Modal Re Cpl Rate
Dec 03, 2011

Take a minute to read this interesting article from M-Modal themselves, and what they have to say about compensation for VR.  It may surprise you!  For me personally, it validates what I have been feeling as I struggle to get back to my former paycheck with straight typing. http://mmodal2.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/mt-compensation/ ...

Interesting Article, Nuance/M*Modal 20% Of Tx Business. Sm
May 22, 2012

Although this article dates back to March, I found it interesting. Had no idea that Nuance and MQ (M*Modal) only had 20% of the transcription business when this was written in March, 2012. http://seekingalpha.com/article/408141-can-transcend-services-write-its-own-ticket ...

Hmmm Interesting Read About Nuance Trying To Buy M*Modal
Jul 17, 2012

No clue what this means to us peons working the trenches, but interesting, see link: http://hdstoday.com/?p=143   ...

M*Modal And Medquist
Sep 16, 2011

What do you make of the merger between these 2 companies?  I have worked on M*Modal before and loved it but have never heard anything but bad things about Medquist.  ...

M*Modal = MedQuist?
Feb 15, 2012

So, I take it MedQuist is now M*Modal?  I was about to apply, but I think not! ...

I Know M*Modal Is The New Name For Medquist But
Sep 18, 2012

Reason I'm asking is this company I am applying to says something about signing on to M Modal. ...

Medquist/modal
Oct 03, 2012

I would love to know something about Medquist, now MOdal.  I have tested several times and even though got a high score did not get in?  what is their deal?  LP ...

Medquist/M*Modal Merger
Jul 12, 2011

So now Medquist and M*Modal are merging. Wonder what this is going to mean for all of us working for companies that utilize M*Modal. Now I understand why WMX sold out to Nuance. Seems to me no one wants to hire Medquist because of their terrible quality so now they are swallowing up competitors platforms and bullying their way into accounts. They have already stopped allowing other companies to use their DocQScribe platform. Interested to know anyone else's thoughts. ...

Don't Be Fooled, MedQuist Is Now M-Modal
Jan 27, 2012

We MTs logged in on Tue and lo and behold...everything Medquist is now M-Modal. Wonder why they decided to change the name (not).  Just an FYI to any job seekers. ...

M-Modal Is Getting Worse Since Medquist Bought The
Aug 19, 2011

company.  I think I would be so ashamed to be associated in any way with this program that I would consider quitting.  I know they make money, but the garbage they are turning out is the poorest quality I have ever seen.  I thought they hired an MLS to be on their staff, but obviously she is not or does not know anything about transcription.  The owners certainly do not care as long as they get their money.  There is no way to get any speed with editing on that platform ...

Medquist/M Modal..how Long Does Hiring
Mar 13, 2012

the hiring process take.  What is the time frame from the time you apply to the time you type your first report.  Thank you. ...

So, Is This Correct, M-Modal Is A Medquist Product...or Confused?
Dec 05, 2011

I have gathered that there is a connection from info on here that M-Modal is part of the medquist group... and also Epic... which is pretty much the death march for us and work...of all the things that scare me... Epic is the worst, as far as taking the work from us.  FAST!! ...

Medquist M*Modal Bought My Employer Today
May 18, 2012

Medquist just bought the company I work for today. Do they do IC or employees? I know there is a lot of stuff out there on Medquist, and I tend to believe it, but does anyone have; how long before volume of work goes down on your account (presumably shipping lines over to the motherland Indian), and when does pay get adjusted downward (this ALWAYS happens in mergers, I have seen it twice). What is the transition period of time before they take the reins, essentially. I have heard for over a deca ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Very Interesting.....
Apr 16, 2012

I think it is very interesting how a company will make you jump through hoops to "prove" you are an independent contractor but still want you to use an employee based punch in/out system. You don't get it both ways, if I am an independent contractor, then I don't have to use your employee based punch system, especially when you want to charge for it but to keep track of my own hours is free. ...

Here's An Interesting One...
Apr 27, 2012

ASR put "1,000,000 cm" instead of mobility. What? Why? ...

Well, Here's Something Interesting
May 02, 2012

I copied this from another site (sorry not supposed to put names on here): "(Transcription company name) is looking for MTs with minimum one year's experience for its Delhi office.  Mail CV at (their e-mail address here).  No, we do not outsource!" What the h***fire does that mean?  We do not outsource?  oh you mean to AMERICA where you got the work from?  sad, very very sad. ...

Interesting Ad
Oct 15, 2012

I saw an ad for radiology.  It states no experience necessary.  Paid training is available.  Typing skills are a plus but not required.  Earn up to $30,000 part time adn $55,000 full time.  How can someone post an ad like this.   Obviously it is an ad to train for medical transcription.  I hope that no one falls for this. ...

Well, This Is Interesting...
Jan 23, 2014

NJA yesterday for a significant amount of time.  Today, I log on...NJA.  Fifteen minutes later, they begin trickling in...jobs dictated YESTERDAY!!!  How is that even possible?? omg.  I thought there were NJA available yesterday!!!  ...

It Will Be Interesting To See What Happens When
Jan 28, 2014

Been reading the business perspective of what will happen when (not if - when) minimum wage is increased, and 99% of companies who employ low income workers say that will be the day they lay off most of their employees, or have to close their doors altogether.  Not that I expect MModal to ever "close their doors", but that does leave open the other alternative for a huge layoff as the need to "supplement" employees who aren't earning minimum wage, or who don't meet their ridiculou ...

Isn't This Interesting
Aug 29, 2014

Ran across this bit of information while looking for something else.  (Isn't that how it always happens?)  I don't know if it's been posted before, but even if it has, it's worth posting again. http://www.mtexchange.com/medical-transcription-exchange/who-owns-mtstars-com/ ...

Isn't It Interesting...
Mar 11, 2015

...that on the weekend before a big meeting with the client, there's an OOW situation on both Saturday and Sunday when on previous weekends the TSMs were begging us to work extra since MTs are either quitting or there's not enough coverage in the first place. So now we're being told to make up our missed weekend hours during the week, when it's obvious that the work was outsourced to cover the higher-ups' butts! Why are WE expected to be inconvenienced due to their lac ...

Something That I Found Very Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic. ...

Something I Found Interesting
Nov 21, 2009

I also posted this on the main board, but here goes. Just for the heck of it, I went to the resume section of this board, and noticed there were quite a few MTs with "entry-level or less than 5 year's experience" wanting to be compensated 10-15 cpl  -- I really seriously doubt that is going to happen, especially for a "newer" MT.  I would suggest that if you are really serious about finding a job in MT, then revise your expected compensation rate to something a bit more realistic ...

Isn't It Interesting That Newbies Are Getting
Jul 01, 2010

us oldies are getting below 98%, in some cases waaayy below, after years or decades of exemplary work, with raises, etc. How much more obvious can it get that they're downsizing the highest paid (and most experienced) MT/ME, to hire the newbies and get the tax breaks. Makes me SICK, so I resigned a couple weeks ago and feel absolutely in shock that I did it, finally, and trust in God for a better job. ...

Very Interesting Find...
Mar 22, 2010

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/andrews-school-for-medical-transcription-c183013.html ...