A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medquist/M*Modal merger - notagain

Posted: Jul 12, 2011

So now Medquist and M*Modal are merging. Wonder what this is going to mean for all of us working for companies that utilize M*Modal. Now I understand why WMX sold out to Nuance. Seems to me no one wants to hire Medquist because of their terrible quality so now they are swallowing up competitors platforms and bullying their way into accounts. They have already stopped allowing other companies to use their DocQScribe platform. Interested to know anyone else's thoughts.

so confusing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's just all so confusing. Maybe WMX was thinking that Nuance was the lesser of 2 evils? I have no experience with Medquist at all so I can't say anything about them. I do type utilizing M*Modal but it does make you wonder what WMX is going to do with their M*Modal now and if WMX after the merger with Nuance will go to using escription.

*EDIT with one more thought* You would think though that WMX would have to use escription then also with Medquist buying M*Modal though, like they would have no choice period about it because now that they bought it did they buy it with only Medquist being able to use it? OR did they buy it so they can sell it to the other companies that currently have it and those other companies now have to pay them to use it?

The word "monopoly" comes to mind when - I read of all this merging! nm

[ In Reply To ..]

so confusion - webber

[ In Reply To ..]
WMX has already informed us that we will not be using M*Modal anymore once the merger is complete and we will be going to the Nuance platform.

oops... so CONFUSING - webber

[ In Reply To ..]
x

i hear ya - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand that. My concern is reading a past post on here from an OSI person stating that when they merged with Nuance that Nuance had supposedly left things alone with them and kept them on their same platforms that they were used to and only some accounts had went to the escription platform. In the end though, we haven't heard any word yet besides that very first message and basically I guess we'll finally all know exactly what is going on when they finally decide to speak to us again.

In defense of MQ... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When you make the statement, "...no one wants to hire Medquist because of their terrible quality" you are insulting all MTs/MEs who work for MedQuist. If you seriously think "no one wants to hire MedQuist" you are living under a rock. MedQuist has more accounts than any other MTSO. It is no worse than any of the other large MTSOs still standing, and better than most.

My thoughts also - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You cannot become the largest company if nobody hires you. I also find MQ much the same as all the other companies and the important things to me are better than the others.

In defense - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ uses it US MTs to get accounts, then eventually puts their terrible Indian MTs on the accounts, thus they lose accounts due to quality. But now they have found a way to strong-arm their way back into the accounts by swallowing up other companies and platforms. The Q is evil incarnate.

Yes, they just treat their MTs like, well,...... - .......

[ In Reply To ..]
You MUST know then!!!!

After this, the quality will go down.

Umm, why is there an account on critical list? - We might lose it due to quality?

[ In Reply To ..]
As a grandfathered employee, I looked at the new account and the respositories. Quite frankly, the reports SUCK. I have never seen so many blanks. This is the newbies typing your work. I typed the account and have no problem and do not leave a blank because I have been typing over 20 years and now you CUT MY PAY so I can equal out a newbie who gives you blanks and puts your new account on a critical list????

I DO NOT GET THIS COMPANY.

You cannot become the largest company - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
if nobody hires you, think about it. Medquist gets accounts because of pricing, TAT, and quality. Believe me, I have seen the quality of a few other MTSOs and MQ does have better quality control than others I have worked for. MQ also offers more tools to its MTs than some other companies I have worked for.

MQ quality - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Working in-house at a clinic, I have seen some of the hospital reports come in to the office that MQ did. They were really awful. The op notes were filled with blanks and mistakes. The dictator was not an ESL and speaks very clearly.

I can only say this about the one account I have seen, but it sure didn't make MQ look good.

The medical center I used to work at fired MQ - because of lousy quality.

[ In Reply To ..]
x
HOSPITALS FIRING MQ - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The local hospital in my town has fired and rehired MQ a dozen times over the years.

Bottom line, hospital admin want it cheap and MQ gives them that in both price and quality. The docs complain about it and they switch off to another company to appease them briefly but in the end MQ always worms its way back in.

Well, whatever is going on, we have until - September.

[ In Reply To ..]
Because that is when Peter Masanotti will be leaving his post.

Bob Aquilina will continue to serve as a board member and Peter Masanotti has agreed to serve as a consultant to the company until September 30, 2011.
http://www.rttnews.com/Content/QuickFacts.aspx?Node=B1&Id=1663075

Here is how MQ bought MModal. - Grandfathered cut in pay helped the buyout

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.dotmed.com/news/story/16491/

Medical transcription service Medquist Holdings Inc. said Monday it would buy speech recognition software maker M*Modal for a cash-and-stock deal worth $130 million. The Franklin, Tenn.-based company also named Roger L. Davenport its new CEO and chairman.

Medquist said it would pay $77.2 million in cash and 4.1 million shares of common stock, worth $52.8 million, based on a $12.76 share price average of the trailing 10 trading days before the agreement was signed. The company said $48.4 million in cash would be paid when the deal closed, with $28.8 million doled out over the next three years.

And yet... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They are doing so poorly that they have to cut the pay of their employees. Yeah, looks like they are really hurting for money.

Since the economy tanked corporations are just using it as an excuse to stick it to the little guy while they rake in all the money they can and have the government cowed into never raising their taxes and the "folks" fooled into thinking that is a good thing.

They are like those aliens in the movie Independence Day. They are here to consume all of our resources and leave our decimated remains lying in the dirt.

Just my humble opinion.

Similar Messages:

With The TT Merger, M*Modal Bankruptcy, And OTI With No Work, Nm
Mar 09, 2014

LOL ...

M*Modal And Medquist
Sep 16, 2011

What do you make of the merger between these 2 companies?  I have worked on M*Modal before and loved it but have never heard anything but bad things about Medquist.  ...

M*Modal = MedQuist?
Feb 15, 2012

So, I take it MedQuist is now M*Modal?  I was about to apply, but I think not! ...

I Know M*Modal Is The New Name For Medquist But
Sep 18, 2012

Reason I'm asking is this company I am applying to says something about signing on to M Modal. ...

Medquist/modal
Oct 03, 2012

I would love to know something about Medquist, now MOdal.  I have tested several times and even though got a high score did not get in?  what is their deal?  LP ...

Medquist Now M Modal. Very Interesting!
Jan 24, 2012

. ...

Don't Be Fooled, MedQuist Is Now M-Modal
Jan 27, 2012

We MTs logged in on Tue and lo and behold...everything Medquist is now M-Modal. Wonder why they decided to change the name (not).  Just an FYI to any job seekers. ...

M-Modal Is Getting Worse Since Medquist Bought The
Aug 19, 2011

company.  I think I would be so ashamed to be associated in any way with this program that I would consider quitting.  I know they make money, but the garbage they are turning out is the poorest quality I have ever seen.  I thought they hired an MLS to be on their staff, but obviously she is not or does not know anything about transcription.  The owners certainly do not care as long as they get their money.  There is no way to get any speed with editing on that platform ...

Medquist/M Modal..how Long Does Hiring
Mar 13, 2012

the hiring process take.  What is the time frame from the time you apply to the time you type your first report.  Thank you. ...

So, Is This Correct, M-Modal Is A Medquist Product...or Confused?
Dec 05, 2011

I have gathered that there is a connection from info on here that M-Modal is part of the medquist group... and also Epic... which is pretty much the death march for us and work...of all the things that scare me... Epic is the worst, as far as taking the work from us.  FAST!! ...

Medquist M*Modal Bought My Employer Today
May 18, 2012

Medquist just bought the company I work for today. Do they do IC or employees? I know there is a lot of stuff out there on Medquist, and I tend to believe it, but does anyone have; how long before volume of work goes down on your account (presumably shipping lines over to the motherland Indian), and when does pay get adjusted downward (this ALWAYS happens in mergers, I have seen it twice). What is the transition period of time before they take the reins, essentially. I have heard for over a deca ...

Left Medquist (M*Modal) To Work For Webmedx (Nuance). Now Thinking Of Going Back. Sm
Nov 02, 2012

Is anyone in the same boat?  I am seriously contemplating it because I can't afford my medications, groceries, rent, bills, living, etc. anymore. ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

RE: MDI Merger - Could Have Sworn. . .
Nov 24, 2009

I heard or read somewhere the everyone was getting a half cent pay cut, whether part-time or full-time.  I was cut a full cent - so I'm guessing I must have heard/read this wrong.  ...

Region Merger
Jan 03, 2010

My region did the switch this weekend and so far everything has gone smoothly for me except when I hit F9 it says there are no results (looking for my feedback and line counts).  Any ideas?  TIA ...

SA3 Merger Problems
Feb 01, 2010

Anyone else in SA3 having problems with this merger?  My first job after we switched to the combined South area with a new log in # came up completed by someone else.  Called my manager and she said her phone is riinging off the hook with people telling her the same thing.  She does not know what the problem is, has to investigate. My CCM is great, I know she will inform us as soon as she knows, but in the meantime if these jobs keep coming up completed and all I do is upload ...

SA3 Has Merger Problems. What About SA5?
Feb 01, 2010

Do you have work?  Able to get into backlog?  Running out of work?      ...

DTS/Transcend Merger
Mar 03, 2011

I came in with the merger of MDI a year+ ago.  I almost got an ulcer reading some of these posts, seriously.  While you must consider what you see here, especially when there is an abundance of similar opinions, be aware, a small percentage of the company's MTs post here.  I will offer my advice.  Treat it like a death of a spouse.  Mourn your loss and look towards the future.  Don't make any big changes for 1 year, or at minimum 4-6 months.  Go with ...

Transcend Merger
Mar 10, 2012

Here's a link to the merger agreement.  WARNING:  This is not for the faint at heart! www.hotstocked.com/8-k/transcend-services-inc-new-TRCR-1378652.html ...

Will I Be Able To Keep My Schedule With The Merger?
Mar 30, 2012

I guess this is just a question to those who have been part of a Nuance merger in the past.  Were you able to keep the schedule you were working before the merger, or were you herded into the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift spots?  I work split shift over two of them right now.  Anyone allowed to keep working M-F after a merger? I suppose I'm mainly wondering if I can continue to pick my own random schedule after the Trasncend merger is complete. ...

OEP Merger With MModal
Aug 21, 2012

Anybody notice merger of MModal with One Equity Partners?  OEP invests in transactions that promote strategic and operating change, creating long-term value......  what does that mean. Sounds like a redo of our company getting rid of things and people they don't like...   ...

Why Is It When There Is A Merger Everything Goes To S**T For The Employee?
Jan 02, 2014

s ...

Imedx Merger
Jul 31, 2014

My company "merged" with Imedx several months ago.  Here is my question to those who have had their company merge with Imedx:  What happens if/when your account goes to India?  Does the account slowly phase out or is it just one day gone? Can I expect honesty about what is going on or will the higher ups just act like they are oblivious and they have no idea why that account suddenly dried up?    ...

Merger....very Worried!
Aug 22, 2014

Well I was in the West regeon.  The big "merger" of accounts took place on Monday the 18th.  Well...by Wednesday I started to get the "no jobs allocated" message.  I am really hoping this is not going to be a trend.  All of the work must have seriously gone offshore...if not, where is it?  This doesn't look good...  ...

Merger Going Between DTS America And Transcend?
Apr 29, 2011

So how is the merger going between DTS America and Transcend?  Is Transcend keeping the promise that nothing will change - pay - accounts?  Just curious..... ...

Anyone Hear About Merger With Another Company? This Gets Better By
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

Here Is What MModal Thinks Of Merger.
Jul 21, 2011

I am afraid all accounts will have to use voice recognition because that is the way things are changing. No more straight typing.  We will not be MT's, but editors.    http://community.advanceweb.com/blogs/hi_18/archive/2011/07/14/change-ahead-for-m-modal-and-medquist.aspx http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110712/BUSINESS05/307120031/MedQuist-buys-speech-recognition-company l ...

Transcend Merger Effecting QA
Apr 11, 2012

Can anyone currently working in QA at Nuance comment on how the position is compensated.  Do you get an hourly wage like we currently do at Transcend or can we expect to be switched to production based.  Do you even have QA staff?  The company I came from previously (Medquist) practically did away with their QA staff, making them MTs/QA.  Just wondering what I can expect.  Thanks for your opinions. ...

EMTS And IMedX Merger
Jul 30, 2012

I am very concerned about this merger (EMTS emloyee).  Since it occurred, our work load has been very low so, of course, I am wondering if iMedX employees are getting some of our work?  Extremely worried.  Anyone else having the same issue? ...

Merger/attrition Fallout
Feb 20, 2013

Does anybody out there have any idea how many Transcenders quit after the merger?  I know this would be an estimate, of course.  I just participated in a mandatory conference call and it's the first time I actually heard a higher-up (regional supervisor) admit that people had been quitting.  I figured that was the case because of the increased TAT situations lately (especially on the weekends) so I wasn't surprised in the leas ...