A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Happy Nuance MT. - MT

Posted: Jun 23, 2015

So much negativity on this board. Is anyone happy here? I can say that I am grateful for my job here at Nuance. I don't feel the QA is out to get me. My mistakes are my mistakes. Work is there. My TSM is wonderful. I get good PTO hours. I have had some bad QA weeks and have been frustrated but I have sat down and focused on how to make this better. I have slowed down my dictators and removed all distractions from my work space which has allowed me to avoid costly mistakes while improving my line count. You can make good money here. I have made anywhere from 15 to 20 per hour most weeks. I seriously don't get all this minimum wage talk. I have never in my life made minimum wage here at Nuance or with the companies I was at before this. You can make this job work for you. You just have to accept that we must work harder and be more focused which are not bad things in the long run.

Oh P-u-l-e-e-e-s-e - Not this again

[ In Reply To ..]
no comment

And let the dislikes begin. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Dang! Already 4 dislikes for my post. Really?? So it upsets everyone that a fellow MT is actually happy? Well, I can see why you are all on here complaining. Good luck making anything work for you with that kind of an attitude! Unbelievable.

I agree 100% with everything you have said. - i am grateful to be employed

[ In Reply To ..]
with the ability to not have to deal with people in an office setting face to face cause i'm sure i'd get fired for telling off people for all their negative attitudes.

Them's pretty low standards..... - Chemtrail

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I felt the the same - Fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to feel the same way. My TSM is great and I understand her hands are tied. My issue is that we are asked to do more and more for less and less pay. Can you imagine an employee that is paid hourly being told they are now going to work 9 hours a day, but only get paid for 8? Nuance not paying for internet, computers, keyboards, headsets, etc, is them passing business expenses on to employees....FOR LESS AND LESS PAY...

What an obvious plant. - ;p

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Plant - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah it must be a plant! Why? Because nobody can possibly be happy with their job? So ridiculous! There are plenty of happy MTs out there!

To the original poster - I am glad to hear that you are happy with your job! I am also very happy with mine! Some people just like to be negative, apparently just to be negative!

Hey Happy MT. Please share. sm - ????

[ In Reply To ..]
Great that you are happy, but how do you make $15-20 per hour with "slowed down dictators"? Apparently, you don't run out of work on a daily basis like many of the posters here. What's your secret? Inquiring minds want to know. Are you on transcribe only accounts with same dictator and oodles of normal templates? Do you work tons of overtime?

I used to make a lot more, too, before my fabulous employer was bought out and our pay scale cut multiple times. BTW, my QA runs 100% most of the time, with occasional mid 90s and have only twice gone below 100 C-LPH due to running out of work and backup accounts rarely transcribed. I must be doing something wrong. oops. Shame on me.

She went home. - clocked out for the day

[ In Reply To ..]
You'll have to wait until she's back in the office tomorrow. It's past 5:00 on the east coast at Nuance headquarters.

Yes, I agree....something fishy about that post...but - She MAY be making 15-20

[ In Reply To ..]
an hour at this moment for one or more of the reasons you stated (and it is probably ALL of the reasons), but NOTHING at this company lasts forever. They do NOT want anyone making that much at Nuance. If she is making that much she better sock it away.

Like Judge Judy says, "if it doesn't make sense it isn't true."

to fishy...i agree with original poster but also - with your post..Nothing lasts..

[ In Reply To ..]
I too am making good money RIGHT NOW. I keep waiting, waiting for the other shoe to drop. Was acquired through a buyout a couple YEARS ago or more. And, yes, I am socking away the extra money, all of it, for the expected crash in my pay and subsequent job hunt. But, until that happens, right now I am doing well, unbelievable as it sounds. Maybe averaging 18$ per hour. I can't give away too much personal info on this board, so I had better shut up now. Thanks for reading.

Yep. I totally believe you. The posts here prove it. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been watching the posts here for a while and I've noticed the following.

1. Happy people rarely post here. They are actively discouraged from posting. If someone says something here that's only happy and not negative in some way they are usually called names or accused of being in management or a recruiter.

2. Negative people are encouraged to post here. Even after they've left Nuance. People have said things like, "all you people who just quit, be sure to come back and keep posting so everyone knows how bad it is." They don't know if the situation stayed the same, got worse, or got better. But they clearly had a bad experience so they need to come back and keep everything negative.

3. People usually don't post here when they're happy with Nuance. Note the posts that say things like, "I stayed quiet while I was making good money on the new pay plan, but they've changed it and now I'm speaking out about how horrible, greedy, and evil they are."

4. People who are unhappy with their production at Nuance have posted how their TSMs made them feel bad about their low line counts by sending a group email that has a chart with everyone's line counts on it. They refer to the people making an "impossible" 300 c-lph. An average of 300 lph is pretty good money even if it's only 7 or 8 cpl.

5. During MT week, there were posts on this forum referencing the "survey takers" who were happy with Nuance. A few happy people came out of the woodwork then to confirm, that yes they are happy.

6. Some people here seem to have borderline psych issues. See the posts that say things like "I was reading an article about ISIS burning people alive and it reminded me of Nuance and how they treat us." Really?

7. Unhappy people here typically don't understand basic math. The pay plan has been in place since last year, how many times have people asked about it? How many times have people said "You don't know what you're making." or "I only get paid for in half my lines?" (Notice how no one ever says, "My line rate doubled." But that's as true as "Only getting paid for half.")

Don't even think about calling the negativos out on it. "This is a place to vent." Translation: Only post negative stuff here. Or you'll be told you're not being helpful or supportive. Yep, seen that one too. Translation: Believe the "victim." Always. Don't question them. The claim of victimhood is enough. "My TSM is evil. She doesn't answer my questions. Can someone explain it to me again, please? I must be really dense. One more time? Where was that again? I really wish she'd answer my questions." Yeah, your TSM is the problem, not your inability to comprehend what you read.

In reading your post - What I see

[ In Reply To ..]
You are ranting about negative posters or unhappy Nuance employees. Well, your whole post is negative. So does that mean we cancel each other out? You hate negative posts and we all hate positive posts. Newsflash!!! Can't we all just get along?

Ever notice how when things get serious like the below posters settling wage claims, that someone comes along to change the subject and bury the good news. Somebody actually made a wage claim against Nuance and got money. Good news and yet here we are. Same old, same old, ranting about our negativity. Somethin's fishy.

Posting something positive about an employer is "burying good news?" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay. I'll go along with what you say. Where was the "burying" when people were talking about their Internet reimbursement on 6/11?

See subject line: Do any CA employees have internet reimbursement on this paycheck?
The difference is - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The internet reimbursement was something Nuance did voluntarily, something they should have been doing all along. An example of how they pick and choose which labor laws they want to comply with (not paid breaks or OOW rules).

The good news about the wage claims is that an outside agency is being made aware of Nuance's illegal activities and the company is being made to pay. That's progress I'm sure Nuance doesn't want widely known.
No way did Nuance do the internet reimbursement - voluntarily!!
[ In Reply To ..]
They did NOT do it out of the kindness of their hearts! Are you kidding me? They HAD TO DO IT because it is the LAW in California!!!
No. That was NOT voluntary. We had to fight for that! - Even as it is
[ In Reply To ..]
they didn't pay it the way they should. They went with the "Nuance way" which is still screw over the employee as much as possible, which will again backfire as they will be made to pay the remainder. Nuance does nothing out of the goodness of their heart and they still are not following CA laws in terms of breaks, nonproductive time or OOW, which we will AGAIN have to fight for and they will pay, but probably on a case by case basis. Squeaky wheel is the only wheel in this company that gets greased.
What Nuance will do is simply stop hiring from CA - and get rid of the remaining CA MTs
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you really think they will stand for paying for our internet or the other employee-friendly and protecting laws that are in place in CA.
It isn't just California - Fedup
[ In Reply To ..]
California, Colorado, Kentucky, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington all require paid breaks.
They would love for us to think that they would - wtfe
[ In Reply To ..]
stop hiring from all the states with friendly labor laws or fire us. It would definitely make their lives easier because we would be programmed to fear for our jobs and be good little abused, compliant employees that just shut up and took it. Like lambs to a slaughter. They would love that scenario as opposed to the few who fight, get paid AND keep their jobs. The truth is they are too big not to hire from those states because they can't send everything to India. They still need US employees.
Question - Meh
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm wondering if the only reason they keep U.S. employees at all is because the employees in India get all the easy dictations?
Fire and Sue - Meh
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd like to see them try firing MTs in California without good reason. They're asking for it then.
They will not fire - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That would be too obvious. They would get you with FIESA, drag down your QA scores, terrible dictators. They can't do it with OOW because that's skirting the law too and they know it. OOW for CA MTs means they have to pay half of what's left of the shift. More ammunition to hit them with in a wage claim. It's a tricky proposition.
The difference is - Medtype36
[ In Reply To ..]
Actually - I am owed internet reimbursement from April 2012 when I hired on as well as computer expenses etc per my attorney........... Only started getting internet reimbursement from November of last year. Nuance does NOT comply by the labor laws of CA and I highly doubt any other state except the state of India.
Assuming you're making a wage claim or going after - them in court.
[ In Reply To ..]
How much is the attorney going to take of your winnings? I am trying to decided whether to do the claim myself through DLSE in CA or go with an attorney.

All I have to say is in what world is (in your example) - is $10/hr good money?

[ In Reply To ..]
That is about what 300 c-LPH comes out to at 7 cpl. It's only 12/hr at 8 cpl. My son makes more than that delivering pizza. And btw, 300 lines an hour is probably the TOP of what most can do, and that's not even considering OOW situations. Your standards must be very low. The rest of your post is ridiculous as well.

Um, no. 300 c-lph equals $21 at 7cpl and $24 at 8 - math nm

[ In Reply To ..]
You're wrong....since it is CONVERTED lines - you must cut in half as you only
[ In Reply To ..]
get paid for HALF your lines. So the above is correct...10 and 12 per hour
must be 600 LPH VR to equal 300 LPH converted - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You must be a plant or NOT really work for Nuance. Almost all work is horrible quality VR where you need to make at least 4 or 5 corrections PER line, sometimes I have to scrap and erase the whole horrible mess and type it over. It still counts as VR (at least in my accounts, I have told my TSM and she says she is sorry, but nothing more). So, those VR lines are cut in half, and THEN you are paid 7 or 8 CPL. So you are saying it is no problem to edit 600 LPH??? In what world, not mine and not Nuance, unless there are a lot of standard templates you pull in. Then of course if you leave blanks or your quality falls (especially editing that fast) you are either fired or your rate falls more. Shaking my head over these posts!!
Not the OP and definitely not getting rich here, but - mine is a straight typing
[ In Reply To ..]
platform, so no halving of lines. Of course the grid also maxes out at 0.105 for perfect work at 300 lph.
Do You Actually Work At Nuance? - Meh
[ In Reply To ..]
If you did, you'd know that 7cpl or 8cpl refers to regular typing whereas SR editing (which is about 90% of the work) is paid 1/2 that amount. Therefore, it is 1/2 of what you say the pay is. In other words, for editing, the pay is 3.5 (not 7) or 4cpl (not 8). So you obviously don't know what you're talking about, and I wonder if you're even an MT or work at Nuance in any way.

Yep. I totally believe - you are an idiot

[ In Reply To ..]
Moderator, if you think my use of the word "idiot" here inappropriate, please re-read the post above; e.g., borderline psych issues, don't understand basic math, etc.

I agree with you....I too have posted positive, - kshe

[ In Reply To ..]
uplifting messages again and again. I stopped that because I got attacked every time. People want to come here to state how they feel. That's good. But, it seems that the more positive the message, they more it gets ugly. They don't want to hear you are happy because they aren't. So, try not to let it get personal.

What I do NOT accept is - pay cuts being tied to errors

[ In Reply To ..]
Sure, work harder and be more focused, remove distractions from your work space (hardly anything new there).

What's changed ever since FIESA? Stupid, inconsequential errors costing $50-100 a week. That is what's demoralizing and disgusting and that's what makes Nuance a terrible employer.

The platform is not bad, the software good, and the demographics being in the report is a great thing. In fact, the work part is absolutely fine, it's the way they are picking off our salary that gets my goat.

"My mistakes are my mistakes."

Guess what, TSMs and QAs make mistakes too, and they don't have to anxiously await an email telling them their pay got bumped down again by $50/week because they got a little inconsequential word wrong. No matter how many Enrich courses you take or little inspirational messages you stick onto your monitor, you are going to make a mistake here and there, count on it. Nuance does.

If they would do away with FIESA I would be happy too, but there's a dirty little secret about FIESA in that it's not there to "improve" and "educate" us, it's merely there to cut our pay. I wish I had the financials on how much Nuance made off FIESA by cutting our pay. A bundle, I bet. Like a true corporate monster they go after the little guy, the lowest man on the totem pole, and steal their pay and benefits.

You think you have great PTO? Most of us are forced to use our PTO because there's not enough work.

For the life of me I really don't understand why people feel they have to come on here and be Pollyannas. If you don't want negative, I wouldn't come on here. Nuance could not give a fig if we like it or not, that much is obvious. They are laughing (at us) all the way to the bank.

I don't call it negative, I call it truth, and it really helps me to have people who sympathize and compare notes with me.

Making the best of things and blaming everything on yourself does NOT make it fair and in the long run makes absolutely no difference to Nuance's wage theft. You just feel great about it, I guess.

BRAVO!! I agree with this post 100% !!! - I wish it could be reposted

[ In Reply To ..]
at the top. This is EXACTLY how I feel -- you just worded it so WELL. This is the most honest, real, truthful post I have read on this board. I hope you don't mind if I copy and paste it and SAVE it to read from time to time when I start feeling like maybe this is all my fault. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Not at all, getting us to blame ourselves is the key - to the Nuance strategy

[ In Reply To ..]
And you must NEVER do that.

Better just to count on the base rate (8 cpl if you don't send too much to QC) and if you get better occasionally, it's gravy. Don't let them get in your head.

Believe me, I had one paycheck which I am ashamed to say actually had me closer to thinking about suicide than I have ever been in my life. I mean, I did not really get close, but I cannot remember when I ever felt more of a failure and how much I was letting my family down. This was back when they had the FIESA pay-cutting party every 3 months, which meant you were stuck for 3 months with a crappy percentage and no bonuses allowed.

I had followed all the rah rah emails, I had taken some of those godawful webinars (they put me to sleep, what is it about that?). I was chastising myself day and night, so very careful, had gotten to the final week with hardly any errors, and then I don't remember, the age a year off, some other stupid word mistake left out, whatever, BOOM, at the very last minute I was out of contention.

That's where they got the human factor wrong. If they would have just cut the pay and kept the QA where they chastise you if you make errors, yet you are still eligible for production bonuses if you don't screw up too much, where the ineligibility for bonuses is only for the worst offenders, that is a much better way to go about it, but to have that abomination of FIESA and the horrible emails, and then you have to go on and sign away your dignity along with your money, well, I mean did they hire a consultant from the Nazi regime or what?

Awful, horrible way to motivate anyone. Which makes you think that just wasn't their aim or perhaps they did not consider the human factor because they don't consider us human?

Everyone makes mistakes. It's not your fault those jerks are cutting your pay, it's a terrible employer move.

Happy Nuance MT. - MT.

[ In Reply To ..]
If everyone is going broke and hates their job and Nuance so much that they take the time to come on here and complain and banter about how to stick it to them with unemployment, unfair practices, etc., why are you still here? I try to excel at my profession and after 20 plus of years of investing in a career and trying to make it work for me I come on here to voice my opinion about how things can be better and I get nothing but sarcastic and outright cynical responses. I hate to burst everyone's righteous bubbles but take a look around and you will find that QA standards, penalties, etc., are becoming the norm in this industry. Pay of 7 or 8 cpl is the norm in this industry. Running out of work has ALWAYS been the norm! Feast or famine is the MT world. Is this job as secure as an hourly wage job? Not quite. But it is a production-based job, it ebbs and flows and it does require quality standards. If you really believe Nuance is out to get you then go get one of those awesome minimum wage jobs everyone keeps talking about. Spend your gas money, lose your tax breaks and whatever flexibility you have and have at it! I am making the best of my situation and using my experience to make a good living despite how many of you say it is not possible. I have never in my life seen so many condescending people gather in one place. It really is quite sad.

You rock, and I mean that in the best way ever! - BusyMTmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally, 100% agree with all that you've said, and I feel the exact same way. I've been in the MT business for 20+ years also, and I feel lucky to be able to do this job and have the benefits and pay that I'm getting. If most people calmed down and had a better attitude, I think the job would go much, much better for those people.

How do you think these horrible QA penalties - became the norm?

[ In Reply To ..]
Because we allowed it to happen. Smoothing it over and ignoring the bad practices that have degraded this job is just putting lipstick on the pig, I'm afraid.

Well, maybe we can't change the downward trend of our job conditions, but I'll be darned if I'm going to defend the company who has led the abuses. I will not be putting lipstick on that pig.

Stockholm syndrome, I guess. Yes, I know complaining is ineffectual, but it helps me, so why knock it so much?

Believe it or not, we are making the best of our situation too, but our way involves comparing notes and calling a spade a spade.

Sorry if it makes you so sad. This board actually is one of the few things that makes me happy if I can commiserate with someone and we can figure out what nasty trick Nuance is up to next.

Making the best of a situation is something we all do in our own way, some of us prefer not to excuse Nuance, that's all. You really don't have to be so grateful to your employer for your job, we are not in China.

some points - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Feast or famine has not ALWAYS been the norm on my accounts. I could count on ONE HAND the number of times I ran out of work on a scheduled shift over MANY years. It was an extreme rarity unce upon a time. Only in the last 6 months has that been happening. It is positively maddening to have to essentially work closer to 12 hours to get 8 hours of work. When one does REALISTIC calculations, using the time one must sit around waiting for work factored in, the amount per hour significantly decreases. That difference doesn't cover gas money I'm not spending.

OF COURSE quality standards should apply. Absolutely, 100% agree with that. However, some of these "standards" are NOT about quality and I can't believe there is an MLS working for Nuance who isn't aware of this pay-reducing tactic.

I USED to be happy at Nuance. Then my accounts started disappearing, I realized my "wonderful" TSM is a huge liar, my pay was drastically reduced, blah, blah, blah. Everyone knows what has happened.

My attitude is NOT going to change certain things. I can be a happy, positive person while at the same time venting about unfair treatment. I feel in some small way that I'm standing up for myself as I know Nuance management reads these boards. At least they know we aren't all as gullible as they seem to think we are. We KNOW what they are doing and DON'T believe their lies. One's livelihood being messed with in a detrimental way tends to not lend itself to positivity.

As has been said, with this being such a monstrosity of a company, there are bound to be those who are happy and I certainly DO NOT begrudge them for that. But don't you dare say that an attitude adjustment is all it takes for this to be some magnificent job. I've already done the work harder/better/faster thing. Guess what I got for it? Pay cuts. More work that is unpaid. Worse hours. More accounts.

Nuance wants us to believe it IS our fault for our decreased pay. Fortunately, most of us realize that is NOT the case.

I have no problem accepting that someone is happy here, but--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I do have a problem with the condescending tone and the assumption that just because you have plenty of work and good PTO hours, etc, that this must be true across the board. With a company that employs as many as Nuance does, it is conceivable that there are those who are happy. I see some on my team and I think, good for them. It should not follow though everybody has the same experience.

I make $17-20/hour BUT.. - exclusiveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
... I still have my exclusives. I have transcribed these docs for 5-6 years. My "backup" work is all the other docs who are on the same account as my exclusives, so I'm quite familiar with them also. There is also another account that is my 3rd priority work. I'm not as familiar with them because my exclusives keep me busy, but I've had them for a couple years now, and they are all very good dictators. I never run out of work. I do only straight typing.

Here's the breakdown.... my exclusives= $17-20/hour. The other docs on that same account=$14-17/hour. On the occasions when that whole account is on vacation and I'm on the 3rd priority account=$10-13/hour. As you can see, there's a big difference in my earnings with my exclusives versus that 3rd priority account. This is all assuming that there have been no major errors in FIESA. If that happens, you can knock an average of $5/hour off the norm.

Am I happy? Yes. Do I understand how others may not be so happy? Absolutely. My situation is a good one. I have exclusives, only straight typing, familiar accounts, all good dictators. Since I know my docs so well I'm almost always at 100% QA accuracy and between 0% to 1% sent to QC.

Everyone's situation is different and everyone's situation can change in a split second in this industry. My accounts could be offshored later today, and I'd be thrown into a pool with unfamiliar dictators doing all VR.... which by the way is something that I have NEVER done in my career (VR)... not even once. If that happened, the money I'd be making wouldn't be worth my time. It's taken me a long time to work up to making $17-20/hour. I can't make that kind of money on dictators that I don't know like the back of my hand. It's not worth it to put all the time and energy and making new expander entries, yada, yada, yada, just to have that account taken from you right when you finally get in the groove. These things happen.

If you're happy in this job and you have a good situation, that's great. It's OK to be happy BUT understand that it could all change without warning at any moment. That's the way it goes with MT.

Wow!..... - How do I.....

[ In Reply To ..]
......get on an account like that? Not being catty, really honestly wanting to know.

Not a Nuance thing (acquisition) - exclusiveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
My company was bought out by Nuance a couple years back. That original company is the one who had the exclusives. I've managed to keep mine through all of the changes. How long will it last? Who knows.... but I'm riding this pony until it drops dead, lol.

Really?! - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
At how many lines editing per hour allows you to make $17 let alone $20/hour? I know I have 100% quality and I make $11/hour. I meet the minimum required speed but not exactly Road Runner speed. How fast do you go? 300? 400? Beep! Beep!

See post below... - exclusiveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I answered this below. The post titled "Not the OP but.." One thing that one of the other posters brought up is apparently we are all operating with different grids, which is something that I for one did not know. I'm on the Emdat Inscribe platform, and she is on a different platform, so I'm assuming that the platform determines the grid? I dunno.

Also, as I mentioned in the above post, I only do straight typing. I've never done editing.

Frustrated Nuance MT - MT57

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been satisified with Nuance and I am currently very dissatisified with Nuance. I have been in this business for more than 20 years and yes, it is feast and famine; however, because this company is so full of inconsistencies between accounts, OOW policies, platform issues and on and on, we will never all experience the same thing. Those of you who are happy - all power to you, but do not assume that those who are unhappy are not making an effort to better their situation. Same goes for those who are unhappy. Do not assume that positive posts are plants or pollyannas. We sadly work for a company that forces inconsistency and has no idea how to change that. We need support from each other now more than ever.

How Do You Make That Much? - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally don't understand why a lot of people are complaining about the new grid pay system, since I make on average about $11.00/hour now compared to minimum wage at a static 7.5/3.75 pennies before. (As I've said before, other people must have been paid more than me considerably before the new pay grid.) However, you claim you have made anywhere between 15 to 20 dollars an hour most weeks. I can understand 15 dollars an hour, but not anything above that. How do you make 20 dollars an hour? Specifically, what is your line rate? I generally have 100% quality and make only about 11 dollars an hour with my line rate. So I can't imagine how fast you'd have to go to make 20 dollars an hour. So how fast are you when you make 20 dollars an hour?

Not the OP but.. - exclusiveMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work part-time (usually around 25 hours/week) and usually make around $450-500/week before taxes. This is with exclusive dictators though & straight typing. As long as my QA% accuracy is 100%, my line rate is usually $0.113 or $0.116. I'm usually in the upper 160s or lower 170s for line count, so I usually fall into the 150-170 or 170-190 line count range. Again, this is straight typing and AFTER all of the conversions and platform deduction (5% deduction for Emdat Inscribe). My actual line count including the template lines and typed lines and before conversions and deductions is usually around 220-240/hour.

Everyone should have exclusives in my opinion. It's good for the MT to have the same dictators, and it's good for the dictators to have the same MT. Makes perfect sense.

I believe line rate is the key - Fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
On the Bayscribe grid, line rate for that line count would only be $0.08 tops. The highest possible rate is $0.105 and that is for over 300 C-LPH (impossible in my opinion).

This is why some people are happy and others are not...
We all have different grids? - memt
[ In Reply To ..]
I had no idea we all had different grids. The grid I go by that is in the Patient Safety Comp Plan pdf I have has 150-170 c-lph at 100% QA as $0.113 and 170-190 c-lph at 100% QA as $0.116. The highest rate on here is $0.12788 and that is for 100% QA accuracy and a line rate of 540-900 lines/hour (900 lph... what the what? ha-ha-ha!!).
Apparently so - Fedup
[ In Reply To ..]
The grid I have is $0.07 to $0.08 for under 150 CLPH.
W-o-w! That's crazy. I wonder... - exclusiveMT
[ In Reply To ..]
.. if it's a VR versus straight typing thing. Do you do straight typing on that platform? I'm on Emdat Inscribe and only do straight typing. I didn't know each platform has a different grid. That explains a lot.
Yes, only straight typing - Fedup
[ In Reply To ..]
I think we have discovered the problem.
Whoa WTH is that about?! - exclusiveMT
[ In Reply To ..]
That is mind blowing to me. I don't understand the reasoning behind that. That is c-r-a-z-y. On my grid, a rate of $0.08 is for either 100 or under lph or if you are under 99% for QA percent. Line count doesn't matter... under 99% is automatic 0.08 unless of course QC% is above 10% then of course it's $0.07. Holy moly... I just don't understand that at all.
I Wonder - Meh
[ In Reply To ..]
Wonder if it's possible at all to have an editing speed of 900 lines/hour. WTF Why they even bother putting that number on the grid when it's impossible? Just a way to create delusion that the possibility of pay is limitless. LOL I bet even if you crank up the audio speed to the ultimate fastest speed of 200% throughout the entire dictation and the dictation has an average-speed talker, and you don't pause the tape at all, you still can't reach 900 lines/hour.

Similar Messages:

Happy At Nuance
Nov 26, 2011

Just a note out there to those searching for ï»¿companies and looking for opinions.  I've been an MT for 8 years, worked for many nationals and a few smaller companies and recently hired at Nuance (working 2 months there now, full time).   I had a hard time sifting through all the bitterness on these boards to find anything positive about any company but I am finding that I am very happy here and just wanted to throw that out there for others looking for work.  I� ...

Anyone Happy With Nuance?
Jan 10, 2013

I have an upcoming interview. Just wondering if anyone is doing okay with this company and how you manage to get along in spite of what seems like a lot of negativity based on what I'm seeing here. ...

Any Happy MTs At Nuance?
Feb 17, 2013

Is there anyone that is happy at Nuance?  I really need benefits, and I was considering just working 30 hours (the minimum to qualify for benefits).  I think they said the account would be on BeyondTxt - how is that platform?  Is there much difference in pay if you work the 2nd or 3rd shift?  Thanks for any honest input.  :)   ...

Is Anyone At All Happy At Nuance?
Jun 16, 2014

been in the business a very long time and need to move on. i know a lot of people are not happy here.  I have read those threads.  I would like to know if this company is a bad idea or not. ...

Is Anyone Happy At Nuance?
Oct 20, 2014

I filled out a "profile" at Nuance a few weeks ago, not sure if I was interested in a job there or not.  I was contacted a week later with a couple of offers pending passing their test.  I was not interested with the two positions offered, but she suggested I take the test anyway in case a position opened up that I was interested in. I have read such negative things here about Nuance, I am wondering if I should even bother.  I no there is no perfect company, but is ANYONE happy with their ...

Happy At Nuance?
Nov 10, 2014

Hi.  I had applied and accepted a position at Nuance years ago.  Got a better offer and went elsewhere.  Now I keep getting e-mails about re-applying.  My questions, after reading these boards is:  Does anyone like working there, make a decent level and is not stressed out?  From what I read it sounds like "truly the hell of transcription companies".   I don't need a job that is more stress than it's worth.  Please advise....Thank you. ...

Is Anybody Happy At Nuance...seriously?
Jun 03, 2015

I am just curious, how on earth does this company or any of the other well known nasties stay in business? You would think eventually they would all run out of MTs to go through and then what? Most of them say, or at least I think I have read they say, they won't hire newbies for the most part. By the way, you all warned me about another one of the big nasties and most people only lasting a few weeks but I went, "Pshaw...that won't happen to me." But alas, it did... just not as ...

Is Anyone Truely Happy At Nuance?
Aug 07, 2012

I would seriously like to know if anyone is happy working at Nuance. ...

Rehire - Are There Any Happy MTs Are Nuance? 
Apr 25, 2013

Are there any happy MTs are Nuance?  I am considering going back to Nuance part time for extra income.  I left on good standings. Are there any MTs making line count and are happy with Nuance? Would love to know before I jump back in the fire. Thanks! ...

Applying At Nuance And Wanted To See If Anyone Is Happy There
Nov 14, 2012

I'm actually getting ready to take the Nuance test this evening and started reading the posts and now I'm having second thoughts.  I would be working on the clinic side from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. EST Sun-Thurs and now I'm wondering if I'll be wasting my time since it seems like there won't be any work.   Is there anyone who has worked at Nuance for a few years and is happy there?  Any other positives?  Thanks in advance!! ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Happy MT Week With Love From Nuance
May 18, 2015

Love this quote sent by TSM this morning: “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others.  And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” ~Dalai Lama Guess she is unaware of the damage their grid has done to us, huh???? Happy MT week anyway, folks!     ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

THERE ARE NO HAPPY MQ MTS OUT THERE?????? NONE????
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Happy At TTS
May 03, 2010

I've been at TTS for almost 3 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about TTS.  I never have to guess what TTS expects from me, and I do my best to deliver that on a consistent basis.  Communication flows freely and efficiently.  My team leader and 2 shift leads are EXCELLENT managers in my opinion.  Everything I invest in my job comes back to me and then some.  I can recommend TTS to anybody unapologetically. ...

Happy 10-10-10, Everybody. :)
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Is Anyone Happy Being An MT
Oct 30, 2010

I am surprised at just how many or your are miserable with what you do.  I am a new MT ans I am also having trouble finding work.  It's not easy.  I can see that having editing to fall back on would be good.  I have read the posts about don't do this just to work from home.  I have small children and my only choice would be daycare if I went to work somewhere, which would eat up half my pay check.  Sometimes it's not just money, sometimes it's fo ...

Is Anyone Actually Happy With VR?
Jul 08, 2011

I've read tons and tons of negative complaints about VR, but are there people out there who actually like it? I'm starting training on a new job this weekend and 90% of it is VR, but all clinic notes, no ops or discharge summaries. It seems like it might easy and a nice change from straight typing for me. Any thoughts? ...

BE HAPPY
Jul 30, 2011

To all of you complainers, and I was one of them.  Be happy you have a job and can work at home.  I was actually bringing myself down with all the complaining.  Hey, things are not what they used to be and complaining just makes it worse.  HAVE A GREAT DAY. ...

Any Happy MTs Out There???
Nov 28, 2011

Hi, everyone.   I was just wondering if there are any MTs out there that are happy with their jobs and are able to make some good money in this profession.  I have read lots and lots of posts, and it seems like a huge percentage of the posts are about how bad people's jobs are and how little money they are making.  I understand people need to vent, but there have to be some MTs that are happy and making money.  I recently graduated from one of the top MT schools and ...

MME: Are There Any Happy MME's Out There?? Considering MME
Jan 06, 2012

nm. ...

TTD, Anyone Happy There?
May 18, 2012

Anyone feel comfortable working there? Getting paid on time and correct amount? It would really help me right now to know this company is legit.  Thanks much. ...

Are There Happy MTs Out There?
May 31, 2012

If so.......who are you working for and is it straight transcription or VR? Employee or IC? Thanks! ...

Happy?
Jun 15, 2012

I am a seasoned (25+ years) transcriptionist who has recently found this site and like it thus far.  I have been looking for supplemental income.  However, there seems to be a lot of negativity regarding at-home transcription jobs.  Is anyone happy at home and with their employer?  If so, what companies are good companies?  I recently tested for M-Modal, but am a little apprehensive after seeing some of these comments.   ...

Is Anyone Happy And Doing Well Here
Jul 01, 2012

I start with MM in a couple of weeks and I just wonder if ANYONE is happy and doing well here.  After reading this forum, I'm a little scared about the choice I made. ...

Anyone Happy
Oct 02, 2012

Been with same company for several years; locked into a corner with DS all day and bored, so not making any $ cause taking breaks constantly.  Reading posts on here.  Are there any RECOMMENDED acute care companies out there?  Seems like they all have a bad rep with the MTs. Anyone happy? ...

Happy With Job
Nov 06, 2012

I understand how frustrated many people are with the way things are going with MT jobs.  I am not posting this to make anyone feel worse, but to let people know that there are some good jobs in MT.  I work for a private local medical office. I had been worried, too, as our office offered voice recognition to docs and some use it.  A lot got frustrated, mostly the ones who want their notes to be correct, and went back to using our services.  I had even been looking at online M ...

Is Anyone Happy Where They Are?
Jan 28, 2013

Just wondering... can anyone recommend a company where they are happy?  Or is the general consensus to find another career?  Thank you for your help/replies. ...