A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

happy at Nuance? - oaf

Posted: Nov 10, 2014

Hi.  I had applied and accepted a position at Nuance years ago.  Got a better offer and went elsewhere.  Now I keep getting e-mails about re-applying.  My questions, after reading these boards is:  Does anyone like working there, make a decent level and is not stressed out?  From what I read it sounds like "truly the hell of transcription companies".   I don't need a job that is more stress than it's worth.  Please advise....Thank you.

Well.....I think they are going on a hiring binge - because they know there

[ In Reply To ..]
will soon be a mass exodus of MTs quitting as they reveal their new "exciting" changes. We all know what "exciting" means...EXCITING TO THEM not US.

im probably the minority....sm.. - oneofthefew

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm probably the minority on here or maybe even the only lol. I do not have too many complaints about the company as far as it being so bad I want to quit. I have had some issues with TSM's in the past and also having to switch accounts a few times recently. Once was due to me not making line counts and the other due to them needing me a lot more on another account. One time my TSM really worked with me on an account I wanted to be on and helped me out. I don't like changing but if its where the work is then I wont complain. I also see a ton of people on here complaining about OOW all the time. I am not OOW that much at all. I also am now trained on more than 2 accounts so I very rarely run out. In fact, the whole point to getting trained on more than just 2 was to never run OOW. Not sure what teams do this or if it is just mine or what. I have some complaints about how they do things like line count requirements. I think they should take that out and focus more on quality b/c if you push the line requirement too much people will go faster in hopes to make it and miss out on quality. JMO though. I'm not real stressed on this job. The only stress for me is my own, such as not being able to focus good, etc. Pay is okay and it's what I make it. I did take a pay cut when my company merged to Nuance. Not a huge one but a pay cut. Making more money is just applying myself more and focusing better. Then I know I would. Not anything extravagant but decent to live on. So I take the blame for any checks being low (not focusing, not getting in my lines). That is all I have to say about that and yes I'm the minority probably lol

Hope it continues that way for you....my experience was different - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was "acquired" and had 6 accounts. I still ran out of work all of the time. (and I was on difficult ESL/acute care accounts). So my TSM said the problem was my hours and days I worked. So in order to get work and be able to survive I changed to 4 to 1 a.m. and working Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon. Within a week I was still constantly running out of work, and after the transition was complete and new pay structure was in place, not only was I not able to get in 40 hours/week, but my pay per hour was about 40% less. I know many others who had similar experiences. However, Nuance is large and there are a lot of different accounts, so some may have different experiences.

I guess I'm in the minority, too, because, for the - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
most part, I'm satisfied with my job. I have a wonderful TSM, don't run out of work too often (trained on 4 accounts). I did go to part-time and changed my hours to work later in the day and that helped, too. The pay is okay, but not great.

Similar Messages:

Happy At Nuance
Nov 26, 2011

Just a note out there to those searching for ï»¿companies and looking for opinions.  I've been an MT for 8 years, worked for many nationals and a few smaller companies and recently hired at Nuance (working 2 months there now, full time).   I had a hard time sifting through all the bitterness on these boards to find anything positive about any company but I am finding that I am very happy here and just wanted to throw that out there for others looking for work.  I� ...

Anyone Happy With Nuance?
Jan 10, 2013

I have an upcoming interview. Just wondering if anyone is doing okay with this company and how you manage to get along in spite of what seems like a lot of negativity based on what I'm seeing here. ...

Any Happy MTs At Nuance?
Feb 17, 2013

Is there anyone that is happy at Nuance?  I really need benefits, and I was considering just working 30 hours (the minimum to qualify for benefits).  I think they said the account would be on BeyondTxt - how is that platform?  Is there much difference in pay if you work the 2nd or 3rd shift?  Thanks for any honest input.  :)   ...

Is Anyone At All Happy At Nuance?
Jun 16, 2014

been in the business a very long time and need to move on. i know a lot of people are not happy here.  I have read those threads.  I would like to know if this company is a bad idea or not. ...

Is Anyone Happy At Nuance?
Oct 20, 2014

I filled out a "profile" at Nuance a few weeks ago, not sure if I was interested in a job there or not.  I was contacted a week later with a couple of offers pending passing their test.  I was not interested with the two positions offered, but she suggested I take the test anyway in case a position opened up that I was interested in. I have read such negative things here about Nuance, I am wondering if I should even bother.  I no there is no perfect company, but is ANYONE happy with their ...

Is Anybody Happy At Nuance...seriously?
Jun 03, 2015

I am just curious, how on earth does this company or any of the other well known nasties stay in business? You would think eventually they would all run out of MTs to go through and then what? Most of them say, or at least I think I have read they say, they won't hire newbies for the most part. By the way, you all warned me about another one of the big nasties and most people only lasting a few weeks but I went, "Pshaw...that won't happen to me." But alas, it did... just not as ...

Happy Nuance MT.
Jun 23, 2015

So much negativity on this board. Is anyone happy here? I can say that I am grateful for my job here at Nuance. I don't feel the QA is out to get me. My mistakes are my mistakes. Work is there. My TSM is wonderful. I get good PTO hours. I have had some bad QA weeks and have been frustrated but I have sat down and focused on how to make this better. I have slowed down my dictators and removed all distractions from my work space which has allowed me to avoid costly mistakes while improving my ...

Is Anyone Truely Happy At Nuance?
Aug 07, 2012

I would seriously like to know if anyone is happy working at Nuance. ...

Rehire - Are There Any Happy MTs Are Nuance? 
Apr 25, 2013

Are there any happy MTs are Nuance?  I am considering going back to Nuance part time for extra income.  I left on good standings. Are there any MTs making line count and are happy with Nuance? Would love to know before I jump back in the fire. Thanks! ...

Applying At Nuance And Wanted To See If Anyone Is Happy There
Nov 14, 2012

I'm actually getting ready to take the Nuance test this evening and started reading the posts and now I'm having second thoughts.  I would be working on the clinic side from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. EST Sun-Thurs and now I'm wondering if I'll be wasting my time since it seems like there won't be any work.   Is there anyone who has worked at Nuance for a few years and is happy there?  Any other positives?  Thanks in advance!! ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Happy MT Week With Love From Nuance
May 18, 2015

Love this quote sent by TSM this morning: “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others.  And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” ~Dalai Lama Guess she is unaware of the damage their grid has done to us, huh???? Happy MT week anyway, folks!     ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

THERE ARE NO HAPPY MQ MTS OUT THERE?????? NONE????
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Happy At TTS
May 03, 2010

I've been at TTS for almost 3 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about TTS.  I never have to guess what TTS expects from me, and I do my best to deliver that on a consistent basis.  Communication flows freely and efficiently.  My team leader and 2 shift leads are EXCELLENT managers in my opinion.  Everything I invest in my job comes back to me and then some.  I can recommend TTS to anybody unapologetically. ...

Happy 10-10-10, Everybody. :)
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Is Anyone Happy Being An MT
Oct 30, 2010

I am surprised at just how many or your are miserable with what you do.  I am a new MT ans I am also having trouble finding work.  It's not easy.  I can see that having editing to fall back on would be good.  I have read the posts about don't do this just to work from home.  I have small children and my only choice would be daycare if I went to work somewhere, which would eat up half my pay check.  Sometimes it's not just money, sometimes it's fo ...

Is Anyone Actually Happy With VR?
Jul 08, 2011

I've read tons and tons of negative complaints about VR, but are there people out there who actually like it? I'm starting training on a new job this weekend and 90% of it is VR, but all clinic notes, no ops or discharge summaries. It seems like it might easy and a nice change from straight typing for me. Any thoughts? ...

BE HAPPY
Jul 30, 2011

To all of you complainers, and I was one of them.  Be happy you have a job and can work at home.  I was actually bringing myself down with all the complaining.  Hey, things are not what they used to be and complaining just makes it worse.  HAVE A GREAT DAY. ...

Any Happy MTs Out There???
Nov 28, 2011

Hi, everyone.   I was just wondering if there are any MTs out there that are happy with their jobs and are able to make some good money in this profession.  I have read lots and lots of posts, and it seems like a huge percentage of the posts are about how bad people's jobs are and how little money they are making.  I understand people need to vent, but there have to be some MTs that are happy and making money.  I recently graduated from one of the top MT schools and ...

MME: Are There Any Happy MME's Out There?? Considering MME
Jan 06, 2012

nm. ...

TTD, Anyone Happy There?
May 18, 2012

Anyone feel comfortable working there? Getting paid on time and correct amount? It would really help me right now to know this company is legit.  Thanks much. ...

Are There Happy MTs Out There?
May 31, 2012

If so.......who are you working for and is it straight transcription or VR? Employee or IC? Thanks! ...

Happy?
Jun 15, 2012

I am a seasoned (25+ years) transcriptionist who has recently found this site and like it thus far.  I have been looking for supplemental income.  However, there seems to be a lot of negativity regarding at-home transcription jobs.  Is anyone happy at home and with their employer?  If so, what companies are good companies?  I recently tested for M-Modal, but am a little apprehensive after seeing some of these comments.   ...

Is Anyone Happy And Doing Well Here
Jul 01, 2012

I start with MM in a couple of weeks and I just wonder if ANYONE is happy and doing well here.  After reading this forum, I'm a little scared about the choice I made. ...

Anyone Happy
Oct 02, 2012

Been with same company for several years; locked into a corner with DS all day and bored, so not making any $ cause taking breaks constantly.  Reading posts on here.  Are there any RECOMMENDED acute care companies out there?  Seems like they all have a bad rep with the MTs. Anyone happy? ...

Happy With Job
Nov 06, 2012

I understand how frustrated many people are with the way things are going with MT jobs.  I am not posting this to make anyone feel worse, but to let people know that there are some good jobs in MT.  I work for a private local medical office. I had been worried, too, as our office offered voice recognition to docs and some use it.  A lot got frustrated, mostly the ones who want their notes to be correct, and went back to using our services.  I had even been looking at online M ...

Is Anyone Happy Where They Are?
Jan 28, 2013

Just wondering... can anyone recommend a company where they are happy?  Or is the general consensus to find another career?  Thank you for your help/replies. ...