A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know what the QC hourly pay range is - and is there steady work.

Posted: Dec 04, 2012

TIA!

Not worth it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are considering going from MT to QC within the company, it's not worth it. They calculate your average hourly rate and pay you that, minus the MT bonus, so you're likely to make less than you do now. If you are coming in from the outside, I have no idea, but it's not much. The work is there, but it means signing in and out of several different accounts all day long and, if you run out, you are put on MT duty.

No wonder, there is an incentive to fail MTs! - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I KNEW IT! No wonder QC fails us so MTs don't get bonus! I KNEW IT. They fail us so they get more money! That is rotten, pitting MT and QC for a living wage. SICK

That's not what I said and that is not the case - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You're blaming the wrong set of QA. QC scores don't count against your bonus. Only the post audit (after the job is sent to the customer) counts on your overall QA score. I didn't even imply what you are saying. QC is not the problem; it's QA. They are different. The QC gets screwed over just as much as we do; trust me, they have audits of THEIR work too and they DON'T get a bonus.
Yes, QA people are the henchmen, not QC. Only post audit counts towards bonus. NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
They are not the smartest henchmen, either. - agree
[ In Reply To ..]
Offshore QA makes some of the stupidest changes I have ever seen. It's like you have to have a low IQ as a prerequisite to be an offshore QA.
Can someone explain the QC/QA - differences. Also, I am SM
[ In Reply To ..]
confused about this post audit thing. Is there a pre-audit? I am a Transcender and things are starting to change now. I am very upset about this new timeclock thing. I am part time but I usually work hours not on my schedule to make the money I need, these hours are not put on my timesheet. If I clocked all my hours, my numbers would go way down. I won't be able to do that anymore I take it from what I am reading.
QA/QC difference - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
QC scores are based on what you send using pend notes.

QA scores are "randomly" pulled reports that have gone to the client already. These are the only scores that count towards bonus.

If you use Fiesa you can go in and select to see only your post audit scores.

working off the clock - millie
[ In Reply To ..]
I do it anyway.

Also, your QA has to be 99.5%. So low pay, no bonus and more pressure. NM. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

$13.50 - Outsider (and turned it down)

[ In Reply To ..]
For the exhaustive testing I passed and then requiring to buy the professional version of Word in order to start, I decided something was wrong

It's a shame because you would have been - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
one of the good ones. They literally act like they are doing you a favor offering you that insulting pay. It's disgusting. Too bad, they missed out. Now they have to hire people who know absolutely nothing about MT (proved that here once in a post). Not only do the people they are paying 13.50 not know a thing about MT, they don't understand the English language, and that is what is training the speech. Nuance, you just keep shooting yourselves in the foot because Karma's a *****.

How do you know Outsider poster would have been good qa? - All qa have to pass the test. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
What is the QA test? If you can rig it so every report is scored under 99% ? NM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
What?? No, the test that you have to pass to be hired as - QA. What are you talking about? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It's been a while since I took it - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It was about 1-1/2 years ago when I took it, so it may have changed. It was almost exactly the same test I took when I tested for M*Modal (MT). It wasn't anything specially geared toward QA, but just your basic MT test. I passed it fine and was DSP'd (taken off QA) within a day or 2. They were quite desperate at the time, as I recall, for a competent QC on my particular account. I do not QC anymore, didn't make any money at it and just went back to MT. I am currently seeking employment outside of the field anyway, as there is clearly no way to make a living with blood suckers like this running the show.
Sarcasm. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Thanks everyone for the feedback. After seeing all of - this I declined the position. Orig Poster

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck to everyone and thanks again for your opinions :-)

Good for you! Good luck to you. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Which Is Correct? Above-average Range Or Above Average Range....
May 06, 2010

I've seen it both ways.  Is one way correct or preferred?  Or is either acceptable? Thanks much in advance! ...

Amphion Pay Range?
May 17, 2010

Can anyone provide a ballpark range of what Amphion pays for straight transcription per line and for VR? I understood they also offered a shift differential. Thanks! ...

Formatting # Range In P.o.
Mar 23, 2012

When the doctor dictates a range for p.o., for instance "1/2 to 1 p.o.," do we write it as 0.5 to 1 or 1/2 to 1? Thank you for the help. ...

Range Of Motion Help
Apr 15, 2012

I have a doctor who says "Hip adduction, abduction normal (s/l template)."  Does that make any sense?  Any ideas? ...

Does Anyone Know Landmarks Pay Range?
Nov 30, 2012

Thx ...

Cervical Range Of Motion
Aug 15, 2013

Okay, I'm stuck.  This doc is dictating his physical exam and is talking about the cervical spine rom.  "Full range of motion of the cervical spine to flexion, extension, rotation, side bending, and (s/l) discompression sign." Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Master Editor Position Pay Range?
Jan 18, 2011

Anybody know? Is this a new job title for QA or is this position different?  If so, how is it different?  ...

Oracle OTI, I Heard They Are Hiring? What Is The Pay Range?
Jan 02, 2012

Thanks for any/all info. ...

Salinas-Monterey Line Rate Range?
Sep 15, 2010

Just trying to get an idea--moved to WA state quite a while ago and wondering what's going on down in Calif.  TIA! ...

Oracle / OTI Pay Range? (I Refuse To Test First Without Knowing This)
Oct 05, 2010

Oracle does not reply to emails with questions.  They evidently only want you to fill in the blanks at their website. I refuse to spend my valuable time testing only to find out they start you at 7 cpl or some other ridiculous rate.  Can anyone tell me what they pay for an experienced IC MT?  0.09? 0.10? ...

Help! In PE: Normal S/l (cardinal) Range Of Motion Of Wrists? Nm
Nov 24, 2010

.. ...

Curious What The Salary Range Is For Team Lead Position...sm
Dec 16, 2011

Just curious what the MTSOs pay (range) for a team lead position these days with all that is going on with MT pay.  Is it worth it? ...

Has Good Knee And Ankle Range Of Motion With Symmetric *waistfuls*
Aug 17, 2010

He has a symmetric gait.  He has symmetric *waistfuls* (Pediatric Ortho) Thanks! ...

Hourly PTO Pay
Jul 17, 2012

I just started with MModal a few months ago and I'm searching for the job offer that states the amount of $$$ we receive per hour in PTO.   Meanwhile, I thought I would come here and ask.  Is it $10 or $12 per hour?   I'm thinking it's one of those.  I could be getting these numbers mixed up with training pay though.  ...

Hourly Pay
Nov 24, 2014

What is a good hourly rate for a home-based transcriptionist?   Having a hard time trying to decide what to ask for! ...

Can An IC Demand Hourly Pay Or Does It Have To Be Cpl?
Nov 06, 2009

Can an IC demand hourly pay or does it have to be cpl? ...

What's An Hourly Rate?
Dec 26, 2009

I am thinking of getting into medical transcription but all I read on here is negative posts about how little work is available and how you are all getting paid less than you were last year.  Now, please don't flame me, I know this is a cheeky question, but to be quite honest ".08 cpl" doesn't mean much to me.  Would anyone mind telling me what they actually earn per hour (when the work is there) and how many hours per day they generally work.  It will just give me an id ...

Hourly QA Rates?
Dec 30, 2010

I am wondering if anyone would share the going hourly rate (being paid by the hour, not by the line) for QA?  How many lines an hour are required to get the rate? TIA ...

Figuring Out Ppl Instead Of Hourly
Jan 25, 2011

I've been paid by the hour for the past 11 years, was laid off and am now searching for work. How do I transition to ppl pay to equal the amount of my unemployment so that I'll know I can pay my bills? What questions do I ask potential employers? Work load? Average pay? I'm so confused! The 'Newbie" Tammie ...

Provider Going To EMR -- Hourly Vs CPL?
Jun 08, 2011

One of my providers is going to switch over to EMR.  I've looked into the program and it's got a similar document section to MS Word.  However, with them going to EMR, I'm assuming I'll lose quite a bit of my bulk work (macros, etc) that I currently have with "straight typing." So my question is this ... is it worth it to transcribe EMR for a CPL rate or is it better to renegotiate my "contract" and go hourly?  I'm an IC/MTSO so get no benefits. Would ap ...

ANYBODY GET THAT BIG HOURLY RAISE
Oct 27, 2011

Hey yall get that big hourly raise... ...

Hourly QA Position?
Jan 23, 2012

I did a search but didn't find any current chatter about hourly QA positions.  Part-time, evenings and weekends.  Do they exist and any recommendations where and where not to look? ...

Hourly Positions?
Feb 25, 2012

Do any MT companies ever pay hourly instead of by the line? I am having a hard time with not knowing what my paycheck will be and would rather find an hourly pay (realizing it will be low) so at least I know what I can expect. Thanks. ...

What Is Our Hourly Pay At Nuance?
Oct 17, 2012

What minimum LPH do we have to make to keep out of trouble with our team leaders?  What is our minimum wage amount at Nuance?   I got hired and no one even told me what our pay is (other than .04/.08 line).   I have only been at Nuance for 3 weeks; I suppose this information is in the documents they attached to our emails when we trained, but I am too busy to look at it.  Thanks in advance for the answers to the above two questions :) ...

Hourly Rate For MT
Dec 23, 2012

Are there any companies that pay hourly for MTs and/or QA? ...

If VR Were Done At An Hourly Wage,
Dec 30, 2012

would it be a more tolerable thing?  My current job is currently straight transcription but don't know how long that will last.  I know of a job opening with VR at an hourly rate, but have always hated VR in the past.  The contemplated position uses the Mmodal/Docuscribe and looks simpler than the systems I used in the past.  Do you think I should I hang on to what I have, even with a recent reduction in pay, or go for the hourly VR that also has better benefits? ...

QA Hourly And QC Editor
Jun 21, 2013

Does anyone know how much the hourly QA get paid and how much the QC editors make?? Also, if you know anything else about these positions, please share!!! ...

Companies That Pay QA Hourly
Aug 12, 2014

Are there any companies that pay QA hourly besides Nuance?  Does anyone know of any companies hiring QA right now?  TIA. ...

Hourly Rate?
May 28, 2015

How often is the hourly rate supposed to be re-calculated.  My production has been up but that hourly rate has not changed for some time.   ...

I Never See Hourly QA Jobs Posted
Dec 15, 2009

I am seeking an hourly QA position, but never see openings for anything other than line pay.  Where should I be looking for these positions?  ...