A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know Landmarks pay range? - me

Posted: Nov 30, 2012

Thx

Landmark - Boo

[ In Reply To ..]
They are getting the Escription platform on some accounts. I was offered 3.0 CPL which I laughed at and declined.

Very sad. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Is escription platform supposed to be faster or something? 3CPL is so low, how does anyone make money on that.

Landmark 3.0 CPL= Shameful - MT10

[ In Reply To ..]
I was also offered 3 CPL from Landmark. I was told that the hospital they contracted with told them they can not pay more than that. Really? Not the best hours and still only 3 CPL? If at all possible, we need to refuse these low wages.
Landmark 3.0 CPL - MT10
[ In Reply To ..]
Just wanted to add that these are new accounts. The longer an acct is on voice recognition, the better trained the speech engines becomes. There will be a lot of editing!! I've worked Escription before and it's a good platform but not good enough to make a decent wage at 3.0 CPL. The recruiter told me that Escription is so good, I'd be able to do 400 LPH. Wow, that's a whopping $12/hour. No thanks.
I wonder if they give raises or can you ask for more - nonone
[ In Reply To ..]
when you interview?
3.0 CPL - Baby
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think so. The recruiter said I was exactly what they're looking for, perfect resume, then offered me 3 CPL. I said, "sorry, I don't work for 3 CPL." She said the hospital says they can't pay more than that.
It seems like this is where the whole profession is heading to - PAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
get our wages in line with overseas. Obviously unless you have other income or dont need to make a living with this job that is what will be left.
I hate that excuse, the hospital, the clinic says... yeah right - what are they paying my employer?, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You think they are only paying 3 cpl for this VR crap. They are playing the employer much more than that and the employer is paying the 3 cpl to the employee/independent contractor. I truly do hate it when this excuse comes up from a employer. If the hospital was paying 15-16 cpl before and they cut it back to 10-11 cpl now for VR, then they are saving some money. It's the greedy MTSO who are making the bulk of the money right now on this VR crap because they are giving the MT this garbage pay. Believe me, they are making more than 3 cpl on the VR. The comment should be 3 cpl is all we are willing to pay you for the work.
I definitely agree and if they cant get us to work for that then of course - PAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
their next line of action is well we had to send it overseas bla bla. I definitely agree the MTSO is getting at least 10 to 11 cpl or more and also expect the Indian or whoever is doing that work for that amount of money I guarantee you their MTSOs are getting more also so that is the way to get more money. Ship it out or get someone willing here to work for that and not have to worry about the quality of the work and all the QA that gets involved in overseas work. If this government would just start to tax all these things it would definitely make a difference in this overseas shift of work. The big profit wouldnt be there.
3.0 CPL - Bumpkin
[ In Reply To ..]
If we start accepting this wage, in 6 months they'll be offering us 2.5 CPL.
I agree. I asked for a raise from my company and was turned down - for this same excuse, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I make excellent QA scores and have been with the company for a while. This is just an excuse. Put it all on the backs of the hospitals and clinics, so the MTSO will not have to admit that they are now making top dollar for these accounts and not the MT.
3 cpl - AJ
[ In Reply To ..]
A-freakin-men! If they could get away with it they would make us pay them to work. Worst cases of greed I have ever seen. Down right sickening!
Wondering if that's why - me in N
[ In Reply To ..]
They have had repeated postings that they are hiring? I had heard great things about them until I saw the pay.
My reply would be then someone in management needs to take - a pay cut so MTs can make more than 3cpl.SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I doubt the facility is telling the MTSO "And, oh yeah, we only want you to pay the MTs 3cpl" That doesnt happen. Facility pays XX amount and MTSO divides it up as MTSO wants.
3 cpl - AJ
[ In Reply To ..]
You are so right. That is the name of the game, throw the crumbs at our feet if we are lucky while they keep all the profits. No one should work for those wages. They are probably still getting 16 cpl from the providers and just pocketing the rest. Greeeeedy!

AJ
No way 400 lph on Escription. Platform is slow, does not learn well. - BTDT
[ In Reply To ..]
I very rarely managed over 250 lph on that platform. There were phrases doctors said over and over and it would not only NOT learn them but would leave them out altogether. That was with only a handful of MTs working those particular doctors, all following specs to try to "teach" it. I'll work at Walmart before I edit all day for 3 cents a line, or even 4 cents for that matter. This has to stop.
People can do more than 400 lpm on Escription - P
[ In Reply To ..]
I make 4 cents a line at my job. I always strive to do $150.00 per day (hardly ever have any straight typing, that would be 8 cents a line). There are days when I do more than the $150, last week I hit $176.00 for 1 day but that was all ops, smooth sailing instead of the discharge summaries and lots of ESLs, that is when mine usually drops more to the $150 range. It can be done, I do it most every day I work.
TIps! I want tips! Congrats to you!!! - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!
VR Escription tips - P
[ In Reply To ..]
I work on the same account, only 1 and that is how I want it. I sometimes run out of work but then there are days when the company asks for extra hands. I would take that but do not care about working more than I do on my normal time. I really have no tips. I never learned the so called keys to make you faster, stuck with the mouse but read fast (also extremely fast typist at 130-140 wpm so the odd thing I see on here about how slower typists do better with this ?? Anyhow, I just sit here and keep my foot on the pedal with the audio going as fast as it can. The only way I slow down during my work time is if I do not understand, otherwise full speed ahead. I do not take extra time with other things, like answering the phone, etc. just fast work is all.
I'd like to see your work. sm - Isanybodybuyingthis?
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been on EditScript for a long time. The first thing that makes me suspicious about your post is the fact you supposedly keep your foot on the pedal with the audio playing as fast as it can go. Baloney--as any VR editor would know. And you are just a fast reader? You don't know any of the shortcut keys? This is a bunch of hooey.
Sorry if you might not able to do but - P
[ In Reply To ..]
it is not for everyone. As for me, having done this same account now for over 20+ years, not like being switched back and forth and yes, did not learn the hot keys, felt more comfortable with the mouse. I do not take my foot off the pedal and go just as fast as the account will allow me. I said not only a fast reader but also fast straight typing MT as well, had people, while working inhouse, seek me out "just to watch me typing" as they could hear how rapid I typed. I was told repeatedly would have to learn the hot keys but apparently the hospital and later the outsource place "forgot" about it, not mentioned anymore. Oh as far as seeing my work, recently got gift card from work place for having 100% score on my work. Now, go ahead, don't believe that either.
I believe you, but your situation is VERY - different from a national MTSO
[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, can and regularly do 2000 lines a day on Escription. You say yourself, though, that you have had the same account for 20+ years.

I work directly for a state-wide hospital system on Escription. We are paid hourly and not production. We operate in a corporate culture of caring that goes all the way to the CEO who has been in place since 1995. This kind of situation is rare and I know how blessed I am. The focus is on quality, not necessarily quantity, though quantity is great if we can maintain the quality. This is possible because we have a fairly closed pool of dictators (across 8 hospitals and bunches of clinics, but still fairly closed), we work closely with those dictators to help them get the best possible quality on their documents, and the MTs are trained to edit as consistently as possible across the board so the speech engine stays trained and doesn't lose its mind.

I have found through painful experience that is NOT possible in a large MTSO environment. Not even a little bit. They throw everyone and their uncle on the speech rec program, whether that dictator should be there or not, and they give the MTs no training whatsoever about doing editing consistently so the software doesn't lose its mind.

So, I believe that you can do what you are doing, but please, please recognize that your situation sounds rather unique and because you have the perfect confluence of factors, that doesn't necessarily mean that anyone and everyone working for some place else can do it.
Work on the same account, however the - P
[ In Reply To ..]
hospital that I have worked for for the past 20 years has absolutely gobbled up more hospital accounts than I have fingers to count on over the past few years. Now MTSO that is mentioned here again and again is playing a part in our work, although not 100% sure what that is even though our work is being QA'd by them now. I certainly do not think I have the perfect confluence of factors, if so I would not have everyone and their uncle dictating. Our place does not seem to weed out anyone.
I can type 350-400 lph, so still not good pay to VR - that, I would still be losing,sm
[ In Reply To ..]
money on the VR. Most VR programs I have worked with have poor quality VR. More typing than editing to be done. In essence every VR job I have had, I was really getting paid 4 cpl to type. I didn't have to use shortcut keys either and was up to 450 lph on VR, but still not enough to help pay the morgage when you are losing $50 or more a day due to VR. That is $250 a week, do the math, it adds up over time. A fast typist doing 350-400 lph would have to VR 700-800 lph to just get their usual pay.
When on straight transcription only, the good times - P
[ In Reply To ..]
I set my goal to reach at least 2000 lines per day. This was a time when we did not have many templates, not a huge amount of shortcuts so basically mostly just straight. Two places where I worked wanted to cut back on the salaries because what with making a salary plus incentive (production) that went along with it the pay was $$$$$. When first outsourced I figured how many lines per day would need to average out to the amount of pay I received inhouse and did that. Now as time has passed I am finally down to part time only work because, hopefully, the times of my working full jobs, part time jobs along with that are things of the past. Believe me, I have more than put in my time doing this work.
I did the same thing, 2000 lines or more a day, if having a bad - day, stopped at 2000, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I hear you, I am going to be getting out soon also. I do straight typing, no VR. I just could not live off of the VR pay. I have been doing this for a little over 20 years and my pay has decreased by 15% with the VR and not even doing VR, just the decrease in pay for regular typing that these companies are now paying. The 9 and 10 cpl jobs must be few and far between.
Actually not getting out but - P
[ In Reply To ..]
reached a time when I draw social security (at full retirement) plus have money coming in from working 10 plus years in the last hospital setting and now can work less. I do not see retirement. I enjoy VR but do not care for all the ESLs we have now. That to me is the most irritating about MTing now. If not for VR then it would be left up to me to figure out all the dictation and that helps me out a lot.
Then refuse those low wages. I don't see the problem. - This is why we lose.
[ In Reply To ..]
Honestly, if people keep accepting 4 cents a line and then 3 cents a line, it will be 1 cent a line for a job that is constructed by hospital and federal HIPAA rules. So. We can have jobs that have the gravity of coders and billers but make minimum wage. Think about that.

At 3 cpl - I might take the job,

[ In Reply To ..]
but then just *skim* the reports quickly and only do any major editing. Honestly, at that pay rate, who would even care if they got fired?

3 cpl - then quit

[ In Reply To ..]
You're attitude needs adjusting my friend! Let's hope that not everyone getting 3 cpl would even think of doing what you just suggested. Remember...these are real people who depend on someone who is capable of carrying out their transcribing duties to the T...one missed mistake could be horrible for them. Is that what you want for your loved ones? Someone who is in it only for the money?

What Money? 3 cents per line is NOT money. - lmao

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL...what is the world coming to (still cracking up laughing over here!)

It depends on the account - LMMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The pay rate depends on the account you're put on. I'm on an account that is a mixture of straight typing and VR editing. For straight typing, I get 8 cpl and for editing I get 4 cpl. I am able to make an excellent living on my account and love working at Landmark. I don't know how I would do making 3 cpl doing 100% editing, though. I guess I just got lucky with the account I was put on.

Are you on the Escription platform? - MT10

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what they're hiring for now. I was told that yes, they do have accounts that are straight typing at 8 CPL. I said I would take that, but there are no openings now, just the VR on Escription for 3.0 CPL.

VR on escription - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for this company but work for Nuance and go between half VR in a day and half probably straight typing on the account that I am on. They pay better than 3.0 a line, but not by much, but I can do 400 LPH with VR on the account that I am on. Obviously I am very lucky with my account but it can be done. I have a great account and the VR with Nuance is much better than it was when I worked for Medquist. Still find some editing required but not near as much, especially with the ESL doctors. I have a good mix of both VR and straight typing and love it. I can't imagine that they only pay 3.0 I thought mine was bad enough
You think you're lucky because you can make $12/h? - FlowerPower
[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Whatever the market bears - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
If they can get people to accept 3 cpl, why would they pay more than that? My impression is that they will pay as low as they can and some people will accept 3 cpl.

Another thing,
Beware of any company that suggests you turn off your antivirus or anti-spyware programs in order to download their software from their website. If you then download the software and get a warning via your antivirus, research the type of threat that is showing up before you go ahead with the download.
Be very hesitant to accept any explanations from the company that any threat that shows up is harmless. Just saying.

Just say NO to 3 CPL!!! - FlowerPower

[ In Reply To ..]
XX
LOL! Looks like they're getting desperate.... - MT10
[ In Reply To ..]
Another ad just posted "immediate openings."
Those are some horrible shifts - Bell
[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Similar Messages:

Which Is Correct? Above-average Range Or Above Average Range....
May 06, 2010

I've seen it both ways.  Is one way correct or preferred?  Or is either acceptable? Thanks much in advance! ...

Amphion Pay Range?
May 17, 2010

Can anyone provide a ballpark range of what Amphion pays for straight transcription per line and for VR? I understood they also offered a shift differential. Thanks! ...

Formatting # Range In P.o.
Mar 23, 2012

When the doctor dictates a range for p.o., for instance "1/2 to 1 p.o.," do we write it as 0.5 to 1 or 1/2 to 1? Thank you for the help. ...

Range Of Motion Help
Apr 15, 2012

I have a doctor who says "Hip adduction, abduction normal (s/l template)."  Does that make any sense?  Any ideas? ...

Does Anyone Know What The QC Hourly Pay Range Is
Dec 04, 2012

TIA! ...

Cervical Range Of Motion
Aug 15, 2013

Okay, I'm stuck.  This doc is dictating his physical exam and is talking about the cervical spine rom.  "Full range of motion of the cervical spine to flexion, extension, rotation, side bending, and (s/l) discompression sign." Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Master Editor Position Pay Range?
Jan 18, 2011

Anybody know? Is this a new job title for QA or is this position different?  If so, how is it different?  ...

Oracle OTI, I Heard They Are Hiring? What Is The Pay Range?
Jan 02, 2012

Thanks for any/all info. ...

Salinas-Monterey Line Rate Range?
Sep 15, 2010

Just trying to get an idea--moved to WA state quite a while ago and wondering what's going on down in Calif.  TIA! ...

Oracle / OTI Pay Range? (I Refuse To Test First Without Knowing This)
Oct 05, 2010

Oracle does not reply to emails with questions.  They evidently only want you to fill in the blanks at their website. I refuse to spend my valuable time testing only to find out they start you at 7 cpl or some other ridiculous rate.  Can anyone tell me what they pay for an experienced IC MT?  0.09? 0.10? ...

Help! In PE: Normal S/l (cardinal) Range Of Motion Of Wrists? Nm
Nov 24, 2010

.. ...

Curious What The Salary Range Is For Team Lead Position...sm
Dec 16, 2011

Just curious what the MTSOs pay (range) for a team lead position these days with all that is going on with MT pay.  Is it worth it? ...

Has Good Knee And Ankle Range Of Motion With Symmetric *waistfuls*
Aug 17, 2010

He has a symmetric gait.  He has symmetric *waistfuls* (Pediatric Ortho) Thanks! ...

"Active Range Of Motion Of The Left Knee Is Approximately 3rd To 100 Degrees"
Apr 07, 2010

"Active range of motion of the left knee is approximately 3rd to 100 degrees." Is "3rd to 100 degree" the correct way to transcribe it? Thanks! ...

Ortho Note - Subtalar And S/l "mu Talsa" Range Of Motion
Nov 10, 2009

on pe, He has normal subtalar and s/l "mu talsa" range of motion, however, he lacks dorsiflexion with 0 degrees bilaterally.  He needs to stretch.   thanks for any help! ...

He Demonstrates Full Range Of Motion Of His Neck Without Pain Or S/l "C-spine" Tenderness
Mar 04, 2010

He demonstrates full range of motion of his neck without pain or s/l "C-spine" tenderness to palpation. ...

BP Range When MD States "one-teens"
Dec 20, 2010

MD is stating a BP as "100 to one-teens over 60s to 70s" How best to transcribe that? ...

Wrist Range Of Motion 60/65 Degrees, Extension 60/60 Degrees, * Longation* 60/60 Degrees -sm
Oct 14, 2011

radiation 25 or 20 degrees.  Thanks ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

S/l "range" "fen" Device .. Physical Therapy - Neck Pain
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

Trisomy 16 *s/l "to 22" Or "222," Or If It's A Range, 16-22. ?
Jul 31, 2012

I don't think I've had this before. I've had trisomy 16 and trisomy 22 but she clearly says more than once what sounds like either partial trisomy "sixteen to twenty-two" or "sixteen, two twenty-two." If it's a range, is it normally transcribed as 16 to 22 or 16-22? Thanks in advance. ...