A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

looking to purchase new head phones - Liz

Posted: Jun 24, 2010

I am looking to purchase new head phones. The cheap ones I note break so easily and I cannot hear very well. I like the head phones that go over the whole ear. Can someone tell me what they find is the best head set to use? If you could give me the name of them and even where you got them and some information about them, I would appreciate it!! Thanks for your time. Liz

I just got a pair of Sony Dynamic Stereo Headphones - On Sale

[ In Reply To ..]
I picked them up at Target for about $22, I think. There is no volume control on the cord, which is the only complaint I have (but I knew that when I bought them). The ear pieces are really super-cushioned and I can wear them for 8 hours with no problem. They go over the top of your head as opposed to the under-the-chin transcription headphones, so your head absorbs most of the weight. They're also adjustable as far as length from ear to ear. I was going to treat myself to Bose noise-canceling headphones but when I saw that $129 price tag as compared to the $22 price tag on these, I balked and went with the Sony, lol!

I'd recommend mine...and music sounds AWESOME through them, too!

Ha! I just posted the same ones; they must be good! - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Seriously, they pretty much rock! - ThriftyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used the $100 difference between the Bose and the Sony to treat myself to other stuff I wanted, so I figure it was a real bargain, lol!

I have the Bose - I had the money at the time.

[ In Reply To ..]
I bought my Bose headphones about 1.5 years ago and they are some of the best money I"ve spent. I'm a contractor so it was all deductible. The difference between a good set of headphones and "transcription" headphones is like night and day.

Whatever your budget, I say find a good pair of stereo headphones and stay way from the ones that are typically marketed as transcription headphones.

I've got a Sony headset - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
They're the ones that cover the whole ear, band across the top. Pretty lightweight. They're designed to be fairly noise reducing and they are pretty good about reducing outside noise. I'm not deaf to the outside world, but it does reduce some power noise. In addition, they have a nice long cord but not so long that you're rolling your chair over them; I think it was 6 feet, but I'm not sure.

They're officially Sony Dynamic Stereo Headphones, I think the model # is MDR-V150. I got mine at WalMart for about $25.

Head phones - Liz

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the tip. I will look into these!!

Have a great night.

Liz - grain of salt

[ In Reply To ..]
Liz, only headphones that will help are noise-cancelling headphones that will block the sound of any doctor trying to dictate. Hope that helps.

Head phones - Liz

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the tips. I will have to look into the noise-cancelling ones since I have never tried them.

Noise cancelling by Sony... they are the best - lindawordlady

[ In Reply To ..]
I also put 2 AAA batteries in them to make them sound even better. No doubt about it, I will go back to anything else. They are the big light-weight ones that go over your head... about them at Target for about $50.

sorry about all the typos.. would you believe I usually score 99.5% on my QA - lindawordlady

[ In Reply To ..]
I meant to say I would NOT go back to anything else. Bought them at Target... sorry about all the typos...

Similar Messages:

What Are The Best Head Phones
Apr 30, 2010

What is the best head phones.  I have tried so many, but I know there has to be a better set. I currently use Logitech. ...

Head Phones To Buy
Aug 19, 2014

Can you share what kind of headphones you use that are the best for medical transcription. One of the Nuance people suggested ECS Wordsmith at www.tvps.com. I got them, but I don't find much improvement. I have heard about the booster. Any good suggestions. ...

S/l Purchase?
Nov 12, 2009

Unfortunately, her screws would not s/l purchase due to bone quality and so no real stabilization could be accomplished.   ???? ...

So Now We Have To Purchase Software If We Don't
Oct 29, 2012

already have it on our computer.  thanks Transcend! ...

What Is The Best Word Expander To Purchase?
Mar 31, 2010

And how do you come up with everything you will need to add to it?  Thx. ...

Possible Purchase Of Spheris By Nuance
Apr 14, 2010

Has anyone heard anything on if MedQuist has won the bid for Spheris?   I have been reading the news on the internet and it looks like there are two other bidders, but I have been praying for the past few weeks that MedQuist will win so we keep our jobs here in the U.S. ...

Foot Pedals Where To Purchase?
Jun 19, 2010

Relocating to Houston. Does anyone know of places where I can purchase foot pedals? Thank you. Wil ...

Should I Purchase A Foot Pedal?
Jul 26, 2010

I am about half way through my transcription training, I've just begun the actual transcription portion of my schooling.  My school did not provide a foot pedal nor did they say that I needed to purchase a foot pedal but trying to do a transcription with a mouse is a pain in the you know what!  Is this something that I will get used to or should I purchase a foot pedal? Any suggestions on what I should purchase? ...

Does Nuance Require MTs To Purchase Their
Oct 31, 2014

If so, is it easy to get it onto MS Word?  Could anyone share which one use?     Thanks! ...

Latest Report On CBay Purchase
Feb 07, 2010

Not quite a done deal, but CBay thinks it is.   Wonder where Kumar got $75 million!!!!  We earned it for him. http://www.bloombergutv.com/industry-news/pharma-biotech-industry-news/44368/consolidation-on-cards--cbay.html ...

Trying My Darndest To Purchase MS Word 2007
Jul 13, 2011

Ok.. I have a job offer but have to purchase MS Word 2007.  Do I need the home/student version or the office version?    What does everyone else use?  And yes, I'm a dummy. ...

Which Foot Pedal To Purchase For Transcription
Oct 02, 2012

Can someone please advise me as to which foot pedal to purchase for transcription -  one that is most universal with transcription/dictation programs? thx ...

MS Office 2007 Or 2010. Anyone Have To Purchase This Lately?
Apr 08, 2014

Hi! I need to purchase this software to start a new MT job immediately. It cannot be the trial or the student version.  I am wondering if anyone else has had to purchase this recently?  I am hoping to find a discounted one somewhere, and I'm hoping someone might have a ligit link??  Thanks!! ...

Is It Even Possible To Purchase Word On A Disk Anymore?
Aug 23, 2014

I just need MS Word 2013....but everywhere I look all I see available are "download only" or "no media" or key card only, no disk. I'm worried about getting a copy with no disk. Has anyone ever found a place to purchase Word with a disk for a reasonable price? Or have you had luck with just the downloaded version? Downloaded versions are usually in the $60 to $80 range. Thanks for any advice! ...

Is The Only Way To Purchase MS Word 2010 Or 2013
Oct 30, 2014

Need to buy MS Word for my new job.  However, when I purchased the 2007 version online it was an "academic version" only.  Can't use that.  I guess I have to buy a newer version, like 2010 or 2013, but it seems like the only way to do that is via download and then you pay a subscription of ??? per month or year?  This is fine by me IF the company will allow that.  I just want it to be legal and a licensed full version...obviously the one I purchased online was NOT.& ...

C-phones
Nov 20, 2012

I work for a hospital in California on my C-phone.   Over the last week, ever since Comcast demanded that I add a second line because I was using over 5000 minutes of long distance, I have not been able to dial into the hospital.  I can call the hospital number (long distance) but when I get the prompts asking for my ID and password, the system will not take my information from the C-phone.   Yet, when I call the 800 number (for emergencies only), my C-phone worked ...

Can Someone Please Take Their Cell Phones Away?
May 05, 2011

I swear she is on a cell phone in a low service area on speaker mode.  Aren't they supposed to dial in on a hospital phone?  At one time a few years back, I thought it was against HIPAA to use cell phones for dictation.  Drives a person nutty. ...

Are DVI Transcribers And C Phones The Same?
Jan 01, 2013

Are Dvi boxes interchangeable with C phones and vice versa? Thanks. ...

Question About C-phones
Apr 15, 2013

Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me how a C-phone works? Does it take a designated phone line or will it stop working if I get a phone call? I've never used one. Any info on how it works would be greatly appreciated. ...

Cell Phones - Or Whatever.
Jul 17, 2014

This dictator sounds about 70+ and is still using a device that keeps fading out, some kind of cell phone.  Don't they know how bad that is?  Don't they see how many words are missing in their returned reports?  I really think a lot of doctors are ignorant about technology, especially the older ones.   ...

Ear Phones - Old Telephone Cord
Nov 13, 2009

How do you keep your cord from twisting?  Mine coils up like an old telephone cord. ...

Company That Repairs C-phones?
Dec 01, 2009

Do anyone know of a company that repairs C-phones, besides Dictaphone? ...

C-phones Vs. Internet Platforms.
Jun 12, 2010

I think migrating from C-phones to Internet platforms was a mistake. Over the years I have worked on both Lanier and Dictaphone C-phone accounts as well as about eight different Internet platforms.  I'll take a C-phone account any day.  C-phone accounts normally involve using a professional grade word processor like Word or Wordperfect rather than an amateurish proprietary thing that resembles a word processor but often lacks the features of a professional word processor.Addition ...

What Type Of Ear Phones Are MTs Using Nowadays?
Jul 09, 2014

What type of ear phones are MTs using nowadays?  I keep breaking my head set (the wires break inside and I have to hold them just right to use them).   It never occurred to me that the 15,000 (slight exag) ear buds I have in the house (young kids from every electonic ever known to man) has a set.  They seem to work fine.  Is there any reason not to use ear buds versus my old style stethoscope ear phones?  EBAY actually had an ad for Apple ear buds for $2.99 including free shipping!  I cou ...

Call Me An Idiot, But I Have A Question About C-phones, LOL
Oct 23, 2009

When you use a cphone, can the hospital or anyone hear you talking while you are dialed into the hospital?  On two occasions, I said something out loud, like what should have been a silent question (working at home too long, I now talk to myself, ha ha) but on BOTH occasions, my job emailed me the answer to my question within like five minutes of me saying it and I was just wondering.  Thanks. ...

Anybody Handle Phones In A Doctor's Office?
Jul 29, 2012

So I just got a temp job in a fancy upscale surgical hospital. First in-house job in 8 years, and I really need to convert this job into a permanent deal, but my first attempts on the phone last week I sort of bombed. Is anybody able to offer some pointers on phone tact? I know I will make mistakes, it would be great if I could recover from them gracefully. >_<*  If someone was willing to mentor me and get me through this next week I would send you a box of cookies or brownies or wha ...

Doctors/dictators Who Use Cell Phones
Sep 14, 2013

weary :o( ...

Doctors Seem Clueless That Cell Phones
Jun 14, 2014

Don't they realize that cell phones and similar devices make their dictation a mangled mess with words being cut off?  Or do they just blame us? ...

Yup, It's Friday Nite - Nothin' But Cell Phones - Nm
May 08, 2015

x ...

So Sick Of This! When Are Docs Going To Be Told They Cannot Dictate On Cell Phones...sm
May 12, 2012

It takes just as long to listen to the file (most of which is unintelligible) and leave huge areas of blanks, so we make next to nothing for the report. Garbage!!!! I know...nothing will ever be done about this. ...