A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Could you talking of "impending" sale please post some info/proof? - sm

Posted: Sep 08, 2012

It's just reorganization because of Nuance buying Transcend, as far as I can see, and we all knew that was coming. As far as MM buying Nuance, you have to be kidding. MM was just bought by Chase, and they are in bad shape financially. They (MM) refused an offer from an unnamed company prior to the sale, and that offer was much higher than Chase's offer, FYI. There was speculation that Nuance was the company, however, no proof.

Nuance is riding high with Nina and everything else they have their hands in, plus the fact that they already pay peanuts. I don't understand where this assumption comes from. Please explain yourself/selves or don't post about it anymore. It's just scaring people unnecessarily.

Speculation of Nuance offer to MM - info/proof inside - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
see link

This sounds like Nuance offered to by MM - Not the other way around

[ In Reply To ..]
And the investors in MModal sued MModal because Nuance's offer was higher than the one they ended up taking from Chase.

OOPS I meant - "offered to buy"

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry for the goof. Trying to type fast because I am supposed to be working!
buy out - grateful
[ In Reply To ..]
It is not a BUY OUT - I also got the email. They lost an account/vendor (one of their larger ones) and it will be phased out over a 90 day period. As of now there is plenty of work and we were told that we would be reassigned elsewhere as certain phases of this certain vendor gets phased out. Hopefully they will be picking up more or with the merger with Transcend it won't be noticed that much
grateful? - dream on, nm
[ In Reply To ..]
lost account - grateful - not so
[ In Reply To ..]
That is great that you have plenty of work right now, but there are many of us who have little or no work. I was only able to get about 15 hours this week despite checking back frequently, working later in the evening, weekend, etc.
lost account - grateful
[ In Reply To ..]
How many accounts do they have you on? I won't after this gets phased out but right now I am fine. I have had my days also of no work and having to work at night just to make up for there being no work on the system and I have even had short weeks where there was nothing there to make it up with and I am not going to use my PTO time to make it up with
I have 6 accounts - but still no work at times (NM)
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

From The Post Below About PROOF
Apr 07, 2013

Maybe the company is going down.  Post stated:  Oh, and I understand that 100+ others received the same notification on the same day. Reasoning...none given other than it was an at-will company. Other employees were called out of client meetings to inform them that they were no longer employed...and this included all levels of employees - from managers to MTs. ...

What Happened To The Post Below Talking About The Companies
Apr 13, 2010

doing illegal things/getting busted that listed a specific labor law in detail with highlighted areas pertaining to what these MT companies are doing?  Has it been removed, and if so why?  That post had some really good info regarding these companies. ...

Impending Termination
Jan 08, 2013

Received an email today that said, in part, "due to an impending termination, extra coverage will be needed..."  If these aren't scare tactics, what are? ...

Has Anyone Worked Anywhere In ANY Field Where Employees Were Told Of Impending Layoffs?
Sep 03, 2010

I've been working since I was 15 years old in various fields and have witnessed many, many layoffs.  Although I have usually been in a position where I was privvy to the details of when the layoff would take place and who was on the list to be cut, I have NEVER worked anywhere where the employees to be laid off were given a heads-up beforehand.  Sure, rumors would circulate about the impending cuts, but I've never heard of employers actually warning an employee that they were ...

Possible Sale Of Nuance?
Jun 17, 2014

The Boston Globe:  "Could Nuance Communications Inc. be up for grabs — again?  The Burlington maker of speech- recognition software has talked with several possible buyers, including Samsung Electronics Co., The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.   Samsung would not have much use for the other parts of the Nuance business, Ives said, such as its large business units that provide hospitals with medical transcription services and businesses with call center techn ...

Is Nuance Up For Sale
Aug 16, 2014

I just chanced upon this interesting article which suggests so.Nuance’s $250 million 2027 Convertible Notes redemption is either a signal of an imminent buyout or a red herring.If one read between the lines and disregarded the noise during Monday's earnings, a very interesting event was announced which could signal a buyout is on the horizon: Nuance is calling back all of their $250 million, 2027 Convertible Notes (at 2.7%).It is my belief that the redemption of these notes is in an ...

Did Transform Fall Off The Map After Their Sale?
May 09, 2012

There are no want ads from them, no one on here complaining or praising them.  Did they disappear after their recent merger? ...

Spheris Sale To CBAY Hits A
Apr 01, 2010

$75 million Spheris sale to CBay hits roadblockBy Kumar Shankar Roy Mar 25 2010 , Kolkata CBay Group's chief executive Raman Kumar's $75 million attempt to buy key business of bankrupt medical technology US firm Spheris may get stuck with Larry Ellison-led Oracle, globally the second biggest software maker, voicing its displeasure over the deal. http://www.mydigitalfc.com/companies/75-million-spheris-sale-cbay-hits-roadblock-650   ...

ASR, The Proverbial Brooklyn Bridge For Sale
Jul 16, 2010

Whoever sold the medical transcription industry on what a timesaving, streamlining, cost saving state-of-the art boon to the profession ASR would become is the scammingest grifter I ever heard of.  oops.  It is saving costs by decimating transcriptionists' pay.  I wonder how many years they have left to make  payments on the Brooklyn Bridge. ...

MModal Perks Laptop Sale
Aug 14, 2014

Just a word to the wise....we bought my son a Lenovo laptop from Best Buy a year and a half ago.  Nothing but trouble.  We sent it back in 3 times to be repaired when it was under warranty.  Came back each time still broken.  After the warranty ran out we took it to a local shop and the guy said all it needed was a new hard drive, installled one and it has worked ever since.   I would highly recommend you stay away from Lenovo.   ...

Anyone Heard The Rumor That Silent Type Is Up For Sale?
Jan 28, 2014

X ...

PROOF SAINCE DOES NOT PAY!!!
Apr 05, 2010

I got this email this morning - yes, he's threatening to sue me over my paycheck - Remember, he owes me $415: I have your email (received Friday 4/2/2010 at 3.30 PM) wherein you have agreed to the settlement offered by us. We are prepared to send your check for $171.00, as you have agreed to below, by Express Mail today so that you may receive it tomorrow.  Finally, today I have received some emails from you that were sent to the Nevada Labor Commission among a host of other people.& ...

As If I Needed More Proof
May 21, 2010

You know, we hear tales, hope they're not true, but now I believe that the evil Q is intentionally sabotaging our work! I've been on 100% QA for failing my audit.  Yesterday I was being audited again, was aware of it and was working e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y carefully, very conscious and aware of everything I was doing.  My production was down a bit, but my accuracy was spot on!   As we all know, they audit 5 reports and average out the score.  My accuracy was 9 ...

Proof Is In The Pudding
May 27, 2010

I was guilty of taking my audits for granted and putting my tail between my legs and truding on, thinking my situation was horrible and would never change.  Then I read about many MQ MTs challenging their audits, calling QA on the feedbacks, keeping logs, keeping copies to compare before and after QA and today I had my opportunity to call them on a HUGE discrepancy! I got a score of 89% on a report, had 2 "critical" errors, had ALL the dictated headings changed, and added at the end of the ...

Do You Proof Your Work?
Sep 22, 2011

I'm too slow and have heard other people say they don't proof their work.  I am so tempted but find too many mistakes to dare try it.  I'm curious how many do and don't, how much it helps with line count (when you don't), and if there is a good way to train yourself to do it right the first time so it's not necessary. ...

Also Curious About When They Ask For Proof Of
Oct 28, 2011

elibility to work here in the US.  What do they need to see to prove I can work here? ...

Tell Me How Your Proof Your Report
Jun 08, 2013

I'm curious as to what your most effective way is to proofread reports.  When the report is short, only several minutes, I don't have a problem listening to the entire dictation again and read back through what I typed, but when you have one that's, let's say, an hour or more long, I'm really cutting my pay in half.  Do you go through the entire report while listening to the audio again, or do you proof two or three sentences at a time while still wor ...

How Many Of You Really Proof At End Of Report?
Sep 16, 2014

The account I have has some extremely horrid dictators and about 75% are ESL. They were hounding me to get my line count up to goal.  We can only edit as fast as they talk and none use the pause button, making our stats take a nosedive. The only way I could meet goal was to quit proofing at the end of the report and force myself to focus and proof as I go.  How many oithers do this and what do you think of your accuracy proofing as you edit?  Are their some dictators that require ...

British TV Sting Reveals Medical Records For Sale In India
Dec 03, 2009

According to articles in The Economic Times and The Daily Mail, an undercover investigation by Britain's ITV1 television program "Tonight" has revealed that medical records of UK citizens are available for purchase from Indian black marketeers. Quoting from The Economic Times article: The modus-operandi employed to procure the records was simple. Chris Rogers, the [television] programme’s presenter, contacted two Indian salesmen through an internet chat room, and posed as a marketing ...

Survey: How Do You Proof Your Work
Nov 08, 2011

My manager (not an MT) is challenging me on the method I proof my work. How do you proof? a: listening to the audio at a higher speed while you review and correct the text on the screen? b: print out on paper, read, and then correct on the computer? c: read the screen with no audio and correct as you go? ...

Medical Rewrite: Why The $116M Spheris Sale Will Change The Transcription Business
Apr 24, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/04/26/story1.html?b=1272254400^3245651 This link was on the Benchmark KB Dashboard    Medical rewrite: Why the $116M Spheris sale will change the transcription business   The sale, which was scheduled to close Thursday, combines the country’s two largest players in a $15 billion medical transcription industry struggling to reinvent itself in the face of technological advances.Whether it succeeds could determine how ...

Http://online.wsj.com/articles/nuance-communications-explores-possible-sale-1402936735
Jun 16, 2014

In the news today. http://online.wsj.com/articles/nuance-communications-explores-possible-sale-1402936735 ...

Proof Docs Don't Review Before Signing
Sep 26, 2011

Just typed a letter to a peer review committee regarding a discrepancy in an operative report and a discharge summary.  The doctor gave the explanation that it was simply a typographical error either from his mumbling or unclear dictation, and that the dx listed in the discharge summary did not make sense and he would not dictate that. Yes, he actually admitted it could have been from his mumbling.  But, why didn't he catch that incorrect diagnosis when he signed the discharge sum ...

Can Someone Provide Me With Proof About MModal's REAL Pay?
Apr 21, 2013

You all have helped giving me averages based on line output and cpl, but I know MModal is going to try to make it look like they're really giving us a good deal, and the hospital doesn't want to pay us unemployment.  Where can I go to cut and paste something into a document that PROVES the TRUE amount a normal transcriptionist would earn full time?  Anybody know? ...

Unemployment And Have To Show Proof Of The Job Search
Jul 05, 2013

When looking for a job and you're on unemployment and have to show proof of the job search, is it possible to use all these MT companies? I mean, we take all this time to submit applications and take tests and then don't get hired...it seems we could use them as job contacts. Has anyone done this and it was okay? ...

Proof Of Work For Small Claims Court?
Apr 08, 2010

So hoping it doesn't come to this, but I'm thinking I may need to take someone to small claims court.  Would my invoices work? Logs? Or do I need the actual reports and if so how does HIPAA play into that? Any advice? many thanks busybee ...

Proof Positive - The Harder I Try, The More Careful I Am, The Worse I Do.
Mar 19, 2014

Failed another audit. Third failure in a row and worse than the last 2. Going slower, proofreading, trying harder does absolutely no good. Fooled by ASR a few times too. I am also sick of getting dinged occasionally because AAMT/ADHI decides to change the way something should be written. I have been transcribing for 30 years. I was so careful that, for the first time in a real long time, I have some makeup pay, i.e., I made less than minimum wage. Although I need to inform my QAM that ...

Do Companies Legally Have To Provide You With Proof Of Your Line Counts?
Oct 27, 2009

The company I'm working for has no way to verify my line count on line, nor do they provide a count on my paystub.  I have no way to verify the lines they are paying me for.  Is this legal? ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

No One Talking About DIT
May 30, 2011

I am really surprised that there is no one talking about DIT.  I know that I am not the only one that got the shaft from them.  The owners last excuse for not paying me for work completed was that he just found out that he was losing his eyesight!.  Again, I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  He couldn't answer his emails because he had to find someone else to read them to him.  By the end of the conversation, I was in tears..... I am such a fool.  I did however, get my pay in full, ...