A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do companies legally have to provide you with proof of your line counts? - leadfoot

Posted: Oct 27, 2009

The company I'm working for has no way to verify my line count on line, nor do they provide a count on my paystub.  I have no way to verify the lines they are paying me for.  Is this legal?

Are you employee - or IC?

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I'm an IC - leadfoot

[ In Reply To ..]

As an IC, you should be invoicing them with your - line count software.....sm

[ In Reply To ..]
not the other way around. If they are insisting THEY do the line counting, them you should go behind and count with your own line counting software as well, to ensure you are not being ripped off!!
it's a national service with automated line counts...sm - leadfoot
[ In Reply To ..]
and we get paid by that. No other way around that.
I would still do my own line count and compare.... - for any major discrepancies.. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
then, if you notice a major difference in their count and yours, I would bring it to their attention. I have worked for companies that do that, but I STILL invoice them. By law, they are not supposed to line count anyway and should there be any problems down the road, they cannot say you didn't invoice them and you CAN say, they were invoiced the correct amount owed you.

As an IC - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I always do my own line counts. I've also been a subcontractor before and they insisted on provided the counts. However, I always also did my own as well and kept copies of reports as a backup for those counts. If ever I found a discrepency, then I would let them know and they'd fix it without question.

You have to cover yourself.

Do you know how they count your lines, i.e. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
is it 65 characters per line, are headers and footers included, spaces included, headings included? If so, check your line cout yourself and see if they are the same.

Similar Messages:

Can Someone Provide Me With Proof About MModal's REAL Pay?
Apr 21, 2013

You all have helped giving me averages based on line output and cpl, but I know MModal is going to try to make it look like they're really giving us a good deal, and the hospital doesn't want to pay us unemployment.  Where can I go to cut and paste something into a document that PROVES the TRUE amount a normal transcriptionist would earn full time?  Anybody know? ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

Which Companies Provide Computers?
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know what companies provide computers?  Thanks so much. ...

MT Companies That Provide Computer
May 17, 2010

hello: just wondering if anyone can tell me what companies provide computers?  i worked for medigrafix and medquist before.. have been thinking about getting back into transcription but now.. i have to use a company provided computer. thanks for the info. ...

What Companies Provide Computer?
Aug 10, 2011

I am thinking about getting back into medical transcription and wondered if there are any companies that provide a computer. I am not interesting in MQ. I don't think there is much job security there anymore, especially since the CEO made that pretty clear in his recent article. ...

Transcription Companies Who Provide PC
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, anyone out there know of any work-from-home transcription companies that provide you with PC?   THANKS!! ...

Companies That Provide Equipment?
Mar 30, 2013

Does anyone know which companies provide the equipment? I need a job desperately. I bought a new computer (HP Pro with Windows 7) but my USB infinity foot pedal will not play the transcription files. I have tried everything, even downloading different programs that were supposed to make it work and still nothing. I installed a foot pedal tester, which shows the foot pedal working, but it won't link up to the files when I test. I need to find a company that will provide the equipment qui ...

Companies Who Provide Equipment?
Jul 30, 2013

Can anybody some names of companies (work from home) who provide all of the equipment?  ty ...

Do Most Companies Provide A Computer Or
Aug 18, 2013

do you have to have one already? Thanks in advance ...

Companies That Provide Equipment
Nov 18, 2013

What are some companies that provide the equipment needed to work from home (computer, foot pedal, etc.). I have worked outside the home doing transcription for nine years and now would like to work from home, mainly due to the fact that I cannot find an outside job, but I do not have any equipment and cannot afford it right now. ...

Companies Which Provide Equipment?
Aug 11, 2014

Which outsourcing companies provide equipment, i.e. computer and software ? Thanks in advance!   ...

Companies Who Provide Equipment
Aug 26, 2014

Hi.  Anyone know of companies who still provide equipment, ie, computer, etc?  Thanks. ...

What Major Companies Provide Equipment?
Nov 04, 2011

I know this has been asked before in other posts, but was unable to locate them.  Any info you have would be great, as well as a comment on the companies suggested.  Really looking hard at Webmedx right now.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Know Of National Companies That Provide Computer? Sm
Mar 04, 2012

I am facing layoff at the end of March and looking for at home work, but do not have and cannot afford a computer.... ...

Companies That Provide 401Ks And Profit-sharing:
Oct 20, 2009

There's just ONE, eensy-weensy little problem with MT companies providing their employees with a 401K as one of their benefits: What person on a measly MT's earnings can afford to put anything into it?????  I can't spare even a dollar at the end of each pay period, and haven't been able to put anything into even a savings account for years.  Did it ever occur to them that a retirement account is USELESS if you don't pay your employees enough to fund it? ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Still Provide A Company Computer For Employees? Sm
Oct 07, 2012

I'm just talking about employees here, not ICs.  It amazes me that as a company employee, we would not be provided the most important tool we need to work with all set up to company specs, loaded with company s/w.  If we worked on site, would we be expected to bring in our own computers?  I don't think so. Thanks. ...

Are There Any Companies That Provide Computer Equipment? Tired Of Nuance
Jan 31, 2014

xx ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

Do National Services Usually Provide Line Count Documentation?
Oct 24, 2009

The company I work for provides no documentation of what they are paying me for, not even on my pay stub.  There is a way to check on the system but it isn't consistent with what I get paid.  Any comments?  ...

OSI Line Counts..
Aug 05, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what OSI cuts out of their line counts?  Seeing as they use a remote website for line counts, it is pretty obvious they cut corners with what MTs get paid on.  I was just wondering WHAT are the cutting?  Do they only pay 1 space?  Do they not pay if you copy and paste? Do they only pay on a % per page - meaning if you have little on 1 page you aren't going to get any credit for those lines, etc?  Just curio ...

Line Counts Less?
Sep 07, 2010

Is it me, or does it seem that since 6.1 went into effect, my counts are a lot lower than usual when I check them under statistics. ...

Line Counts And ESL
Nov 12, 2011

I know this has been discussed before, but what is up with these line counts?  I used to have no problem doing 200+ lph.  Now, I work at the same pace on an account with less ESL speakers and I struggle to get my required 150 lph.  I won't even comment on the fact that my straight typing has dwindled away to maybe 10 lines a day...on a good day.  Thanks for listening...this is just all so very frustrating.  I try to keep a positive attitude and be very diligent about my work and ...

Line Counts/KNR
Feb 03, 2012

For MTs with this company, are any of you having trouble meeting the line count required with VBC within a 40-hour timeframe?  I even have expander program.   ...

Ok, Seriously, Regarding Line Counts
Jul 12, 2012

I posted yesterday and had lots of views, but no one replied.  Every time I check a line count in different online "character counters", it is about 10% over my MM count.  What is the most accurate way? ...

ASR And Line Counts
Apr 19, 2013

I was wondering if any of you could tell me your average LPH. Is the ASR at Nuance pretty accurate or are you constantly making corrections? How many lines per day are you able to do? I was offered a job here and I know I can trust you more than the recruiter to tell me the truth. Are the top producers really able to make a decent paycheck? Are you kept on your primary accounts for the most part? TIA. ...

Line Counts Off?
Mar 10, 2014

Is anyone's line count for today WAY OFF??  I've been working all morning and it seems to be waaaaaaaay too low! ...

Line Counts
May 18, 2015

Anyone out there finding that their lines are dropping for no apparent reason?  Have been struggling for 2 weeks to get minimum 150 lph, doing nothing different than I've ever done, same amount of work, same clients, same hours but lines suck.  What are the chances they are messing with our bean counter?? ...

QA Line Counts
Jun 23, 2015

How many lines are reasonable to expect from QA per hour?  Is a flat rate of 0.09/line count a good rate?  Any info would be appreciated! Thanks- ...