A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

proof docs don't review before signing - memt

Posted: Sep 26, 2011

Just typed a letter to a peer review committee regarding a discrepancy in an operative report and a discharge summary.  The doctor gave the explanation that it was simply a typographical error either from his mumbling or unclear dictation, and that the dx listed in the discharge summary did not make sense and he would not dictate that. Yes, he actually admitted it could have been from his mumbling.  But, why didn't he catch that incorrect diagnosis when he signed the discharge summary??  Probably because he didn't review it before he signed it is my thought.  Thankfully, I don't type his discharge summaries so I know it wasn't my mistake. 

Doctors not reading dictation before signing - MT2011

[ In Reply To ..]
This is one issue that really upsets me. Hospitals seem to have no way of making doctors read their dictation before signing it OR leaving blanks in reports. Something needs to be done about blanks left in signed reports. This is an incomplete report and should not be tolerated. This happened to me at a local hospital when I was receiving care there and the idiot transcription supervisor just blew me off - it never got fixed. This should not be tolerated. Doctors aren't GOD.

When we complete a report at my acct - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and if there is a question, we can send an instant message to the doctor in PACS and leave the report pending and fix it when they reply. If there is no problem with the report, it goes into DRAFT status and is immediately faxed to the referring doctors and patient record, unsigned. They are signed en masse later on. Many times it is the referring doctor who catches mistakes and notifies MR of the errors. Stupid system.

Similar Messages:

How To Pend A Report For Review When You Are On 100% Review
May 12, 2014

Help.  I know you send a report with no questions with Control N but forgot how to send reports for review. ...

Anyone Signing Up For This?
May 29, 2014

Love the title of the presentation! ...

Just Signing On
Oct 29, 2014

or just me?  Thank goodness for MT Stars or I would be perpetually in the dark! Thanks ...

PROOF SAINCE DOES NOT PAY!!!
Apr 05, 2010

I got this email this morning - yes, he's threatening to sue me over my paycheck - Remember, he owes me $415: I have your email (received Friday 4/2/2010 at 3.30 PM) wherein you have agreed to the settlement offered by us. We are prepared to send your check for $171.00, as you have agreed to below, by Express Mail today so that you may receive it tomorrow.  Finally, today I have received some emails from you that were sent to the Nevada Labor Commission among a host of other people.& ...

As If I Needed More Proof
May 21, 2010

You know, we hear tales, hope they're not true, but now I believe that the evil Q is intentionally sabotaging our work! I've been on 100% QA for failing my audit.  Yesterday I was being audited again, was aware of it and was working e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y carefully, very conscious and aware of everything I was doing.  My production was down a bit, but my accuracy was spot on!   As we all know, they audit 5 reports and average out the score.  My accuracy was 9 ...

Proof Is In The Pudding
May 27, 2010

I was guilty of taking my audits for granted and putting my tail between my legs and truding on, thinking my situation was horrible and would never change.  Then I read about many MQ MTs challenging their audits, calling QA on the feedbacks, keeping logs, keeping copies to compare before and after QA and today I had my opportunity to call them on a HUGE discrepancy! I got a score of 89% on a report, had 2 "critical" errors, had ALL the dictated headings changed, and added at the end of the ...

Do You Proof Your Work?
Sep 22, 2011

I'm too slow and have heard other people say they don't proof their work.  I am so tempted but find too many mistakes to dare try it.  I'm curious how many do and don't, how much it helps with line count (when you don't), and if there is a good way to train yourself to do it right the first time so it's not necessary. ...

Also Curious About When They Ask For Proof Of
Oct 28, 2011

elibility to work here in the US.  What do they need to see to prove I can work here? ...

From The Post Below About PROOF
Apr 07, 2013

Maybe the company is going down.  Post stated:  Oh, and I understand that 100+ others received the same notification on the same day. Reasoning...none given other than it was an at-will company. Other employees were called out of client meetings to inform them that they were no longer employed...and this included all levels of employees - from managers to MTs. ...

Tell Me How Your Proof Your Report
Jun 08, 2013

I'm curious as to what your most effective way is to proofread reports.  When the report is short, only several minutes, I don't have a problem listening to the entire dictation again and read back through what I typed, but when you have one that's, let's say, an hour or more long, I'm really cutting my pay in half.  Do you go through the entire report while listening to the audio again, or do you proof two or three sentences at a time while still wor ...

Signing The Petition
Sep 05, 2013

I want to sign the petition to stop offshoring, and also put it on my FB page for others to see, but I'm worried my company is monitoring this and will find a reason to fire me. Are others worried about this? ...

How Many Of You Really Proof At End Of Report?
Sep 16, 2014

The account I have has some extremely horrid dictators and about 75% are ESL. They were hounding me to get my line count up to goal.  We can only edit as fast as they talk and none use the pause button, making our stats take a nosedive. The only way I could meet goal was to quit proofing at the end of the report and force myself to focus and proof as I go.  How many oithers do this and what do you think of your accuracy proofing as you edit?  Are their some dictators that require ...

Signing Petition Against Offshoring
Oct 16, 2010

Google American Transcription Association and go to their website and they have a petition that you can sign that is against offshoring ...

Survey: How Do You Proof Your Work
Nov 08, 2011

My manager (not an MT) is challenging me on the method I proof my work. How do you proof? a: listening to the audio at a higher speed while you review and correct the text on the screen? b: print out on paper, read, and then correct on the computer? c: read the screen with no audio and correct as you go? ...

Another Petition, This Is Worth Signing!!!
Nov 28, 2013

Just in case the link doesn't work here it is... http://www.change.org/petitions/joint-commission-petition-the-joint-commission-to-develop-medical-transcription-and-documentation-standards This petition is very well written and will go straight to the Joint Commission.  Thanks! ...

LOL. Doubt Anyone Will Be Signing Up With Trans. Doctors
Mar 15, 2010

now that we all know they don't pay until they get paid.  Someone there must not have read the company board before they made their job posting for today. I might need a job, but I don't work for free for anyone.  Desperate times?  You bet.  Even worse is to be so desperate as to work for a company that has not paid even after 6 weeks have gone by with no guarantees that you will be paid in another 6 weeks. ******* DISCLAIMER ***************** Postings of thi ...

Co-workers Signing Off Shift Early
May 16, 2011

Do any of you have this problem? There are several us on one particularly account. They will either sign off 5-6 hours into their 8 hr shift (saying they've met their minimum quota)or sometimes on weekends just leave work not done til the next day. I have the last shift and have to stay until all docs are finished no matter how late. Therefore, I get "mop up" duty every day. Any helpful suggestions? Oh, by the way, they "cherry pick" the short reports and I get left with the extremely long ...

Anyone Else Get A Virus Warning When Signing Into Teamwork
Aug 28, 2012

I got two Trojan Horse warnings when I signed in..the virus was blocked and it let me sign in...Anyone else?  very weird ...

Can Someone Provide Me With Proof About MModal's REAL Pay?
Apr 21, 2013

You all have helped giving me averages based on line output and cpl, but I know MModal is going to try to make it look like they're really giving us a good deal, and the hospital doesn't want to pay us unemployment.  Where can I go to cut and paste something into a document that PROVES the TRUE amount a normal transcriptionist would earn full time?  Anybody know? ...

Unemployment And Have To Show Proof Of The Job Search
Jul 05, 2013

When looking for a job and you're on unemployment and have to show proof of the job search, is it possible to use all these MT companies? I mean, we take all this time to submit applications and take tests and then don't get hired...it seems we could use them as job contacts. Has anyone done this and it was okay? ...

Security Document Signing The Norm?
Jun 06, 2014

Just getting a chance to finally get hired!!! A requirement is to electronically sign documents swearing to confidentiality and another stating that "Additionally, as part of our contract with the Florida Department of Children and Families, we must ensure that each of our Independent Contractors meets the department's internal security and HIPAA confidentiality requirements. Are these normal to be signed by companies?  ...

Has Anyone Else Noticed Any Problems When Signing Into Fluency. It Seems
Oct 30, 2014

for the last two days it has been very slow at times loading and this morning it logged in very slowly.  Not sure what is going on. ...

Proof Of Work For Small Claims Court?
Apr 08, 2010

So hoping it doesn't come to this, but I'm thinking I may need to take someone to small claims court.  Would my invoices work? Logs? Or do I need the actual reports and if so how does HIPAA play into that? Any advice? many thanks busybee ...

Doc Manually Signing A Letter Or Chart Note
Jul 14, 2010

I work for 9 specialty docs so I type a lot of letters.   Two of the docs have me stamp their outgoing letters with their name.  One doc has a manual signature line.  Our physician insurance company representative was recently here doing an audit and said that is not legal and that the docs must sign each and every letter or at least initial them.  Can you tell me if she is correct?  Is there somewhere where I can actually get some documentation as to the ...

I Wonder If Mmodal Regrets Signing The Indian Contract
Mar 01, 2013

They have terrible accuracy and a lot of the US MT's are leaving because of the no work situation. I wonder if they regret ever signing the contract with India.  I guess you get what you pay for ...

Proof Positive - The Harder I Try, The More Careful I Am, The Worse I Do.
Mar 19, 2014

Failed another audit. Third failure in a row and worse than the last 2. Going slower, proofreading, trying harder does absolutely no good. Fooled by ASR a few times too. I am also sick of getting dinged occasionally because AAMT/ADHI decides to change the way something should be written. I have been transcribing for 30 years. I was so careful that, for the first time in a real long time, I have some makeup pay, i.e., I made less than minimum wage. Although I need to inform my QAM that ...

TT/IMEDX: Anyone Getting This Error Mssg When Signing Into Fluency?
Feb 04, 2015

"DEP.Shell.Transcription"   ? ...

Do Companies Legally Have To Provide You With Proof Of Your Line Counts?
Oct 27, 2009

The company I'm working for has no way to verify my line count on line, nor do they provide a count on my paystub.  I have no way to verify the lines they are paying me for.  Is this legal? ...

Iridium. Anyone Hear Back After Passing Test And Signing HIPAA
Mar 02, 2010

Patiently waiting. ...

Something FISHY About Iridium Services. After Passing Test And Signing HIPAA
Mar 05, 2010

Did we just help them get rid of their backlog? ...