A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MModal Perks laptop sale - dont even think about it

Posted: Aug 14, 2014

Just a word to the wise....we bought my son a Lenovo laptop from Best Buy a year and a half ago.  Nothing but trouble.  We sent it back in 3 times to be repaired when it was under warranty.  Came back each time still broken.  After the warranty ran out we took it to a local shop and the guy said all it needed was a new hard drive, installled one and it has worked ever since.   I would highly recommend you stay away from Lenovo.  

Wow - I almost bought a Lenovo laptop last year. - Instead I chose a Dell Inspiron - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and it's a little (14" screen) work horse. I love that thing!

I've had 3 Toshibas over a 17-year period and loved - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
them all.

How about just stay away from Mmodal Perks - just a scam

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey you can buy reduced price tickets for a movie theater 200 miles away! You can buy gift certificates for supposed local restaurants that don't accept them anyway! The company just won't give raises so they pretend to give away stuff. Wonder how much the Mmodal Perks scam program cost the company?

Well I get the discount on my phone bill every month - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
so that works for sure.

I have just broadband internet and my cell - phone (with no text or internet).

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't pay for cable TV, don't have time to watch more than 1 or 2 over-the-air shows a week, anyway. I prefer to do that, rather than be beholding to a company that is likely getting cash under the table from the phone company for their "endorsement".

That 27% Verizon discount ends up saving less than $5 a month on a bill almost $170 - Is it really worth it?

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband's company actually gives a straight monthly stipend for his cell phone, not some bait and switch percentage that you need a math degree obviously to figure out. What is 27% of $170? According to Mmodal Perks it is less than $5. Scam.
Im so confused. How is that a scam? Even it it is $1 off - I will take it
[ In Reply To ..]
geez louise

Similar Messages:

MModal Perks?
Sep 05, 2014

Just got an email about MModal corporate perks for employees.  I can buy $25 restaurant certificates for $4 (with min spending amount at the restaurant).  However, I live in the boonies, 50 miles from any large city, and they have a cert listed for the little bar 3 miles from me.  It makes me suspicious.  Anybody else get this email? ...

Mmodal Perks
Feb 28, 2015

How does this work? Is it really worth it? ...

MModal Perks Program. I Just Bought A
Oct 23, 2014

tablet from Best Buy last week, then got the MM Perks reminder email, so I looked to see how much I would've saved if I'd bought it through that.  The answer is nothing.  It was literally the same price.  So what exactly is the point of the Perks program? ...

MModal India Perks And Why Indians Should Want To Work There.
Jan 17, 2013

I found this insulting. Employee Perks and Benefits Offered at M*Modal India: Employee-friendly compensation, benefits and incentive policies. Free medical insurance coverage for self and family, complete with Parents of the employee till the age of 80 years Free transportation Subsidized canteen facilities Gymnasium & Recreation facilities Monthly Reward and Recognition with cash bonuses Conducive work environment for faster growth Personal and professional learning & ...

Possible Sale Of Nuance?
Jun 17, 2014

The Boston Globe:  "Could Nuance Communications Inc. be up for grabs — again?  The Burlington maker of speech- recognition software has talked with several possible buyers, including Samsung Electronics Co., The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.   Samsung would not have much use for the other parts of the Nuance business, Ives said, such as its large business units that provide hospitals with medical transcription services and businesses with call center techn ...

Is Nuance Up For Sale
Aug 16, 2014

I just chanced upon this interesting article which suggests so.Nuance’s $250 million 2027 Convertible Notes redemption is either a signal of an imminent buyout or a red herring.If one read between the lines and disregarded the noise during Monday's earnings, a very interesting event was announced which could signal a buyout is on the horizon: Nuance is calling back all of their $250 million, 2027 Convertible Notes (at 2.7%).It is my belief that the redemption of these notes is in an ...

MM Perks
Jul 18, 2014

Oh goody, we can get a discount on movie tickets. I wish I could afford to go to a movie! Finished school, still job hunting. ...

M*Perks
Oct 03, 2014

Hi!  Is anyone else having a problem trying to navigate to the websites through the M*Perks program?  I log in and try and click on the "SHOP NOW" button and it gives me an error message that the site has been blocked.  It does that for all the websites even though I successfully purchased some things a few weeks ago.  I can't figure out what has changed since then and wondered if anyone else is having this problem?  Thanks! ...

Did Transform Fall Off The Map After Their Sale?
May 09, 2012

There are no want ads from them, no one on here complaining or praising them.  Did they disappear after their recent merger? ...

India Perks
Apr 09, 2013

they seem to have our work and plenty of perks, wish my insurance was all paid for: Employee Perks and Benefits Offered at M*Modal India: â€Â¢Employee-friendly compensation, benefits and incentive policies. â€Â¢Free medical insurance coverage for self and family, complete with Parents of the employee till the age of 80 years â€Â¢Free transportation â€Â¢Subsidized canteen facilities â€Â¢Gymnasium & Recreation facilities â€Â¢Monthly Reward and Recognition with cash bonuses †...

Employee Perks
Nov 26, 2014

Happy holidays. Has anyone used the MModal perks, and if so, was it work it -- the shopping deals that they posted for us.   Thank you ...

Spheris Sale To CBAY Hits A
Apr 01, 2010

$75 million Spheris sale to CBay hits roadblockBy Kumar Shankar Roy Mar 25 2010 , Kolkata CBay Group's chief executive Raman Kumar's $75 million attempt to buy key business of bankrupt medical technology US firm Spheris may get stuck with Larry Ellison-led Oracle, globally the second biggest software maker, voicing its displeasure over the deal. http://www.mydigitalfc.com/companies/75-million-spheris-sale-cbay-hits-roadblock-650   ...

ASR, The Proverbial Brooklyn Bridge For Sale
Jul 16, 2010

Whoever sold the medical transcription industry on what a timesaving, streamlining, cost saving state-of-the art boon to the profession ASR would become is the scammingest grifter I ever heard of.  oops.  It is saving costs by decimating transcriptionists' pay.  I wonder how many years they have left to make  payments on the Brooklyn Bridge. ...

What Are Some Perks About Working As IC Status ?
Nov 17, 2011

I've always been employee status.  What are some perks about working as an IC? ...

Any Perks For Nuance Employees?
Apr 12, 2014

Does anyone know if we get a gym discount or anything similar? Where can I find information about this? TYIA. (I need to find a punching bag and punch the $#!+ out of it to get rid of some frustration.) ...

Check The New FIESA Perks
Nov 07, 2014

Check the new FIESA perks. Now when you login, you must respond to alerts. A flashing menu appears before the final logon process. How many other ways can they devise to reduce our self-esteem and self-worth to nothing?   ...

Anyone Heard The Rumor That Silent Type Is Up For Sale?
Jan 28, 2014

X ...

Woo Hoo! Employee Perks Has Rosetta Stone ...
Apr 17, 2015

Wonder if they have MD-SLUR, STAMMER and SLURP edition? Or perhaps ESL levels 1-999? ...

British TV Sting Reveals Medical Records For Sale In India
Dec 03, 2009

According to articles in The Economic Times and The Daily Mail, an undercover investigation by Britain's ITV1 television program "Tonight" has revealed that medical records of UK citizens are available for purchase from Indian black marketeers. Quoting from The Economic Times article: The modus-operandi employed to procure the records was simple. Chris Rogers, the [television] programme’s presenter, contacted two Indian salesmen through an internet chat room, and posed as a marketing ...

Medical Rewrite: Why The $116M Spheris Sale Will Change The Transcription Business
Apr 24, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/04/26/story1.html?b=1272254400^3245651 This link was on the Benchmark KB Dashboard    Medical rewrite: Why the $116M Spheris sale will change the transcription business   The sale, which was scheduled to close Thursday, combines the country’s two largest players in a $15 billion medical transcription industry struggling to reinvent itself in the face of technological advances.Whether it succeeds could determine how ...

Http://online.wsj.com/articles/nuance-communications-explores-possible-sale-1402936735
Jun 16, 2014

In the news today. http://online.wsj.com/articles/nuance-communications-explores-possible-sale-1402936735 ...

Could You Talking Of "impending" Sale Please Post Some Info/proof?
Sep 08, 2012

It's just reorganization because of Nuance buying Transcend, as far as I can see, and we all knew that was coming. As far as MM buying Nuance, you have to be kidding. MM was just bought by Chase, and they are in bad shape financially. They (MM) refused an offer from an unnamed company prior to the sale, and that offer was much higher than Chase's offer, FYI. There was speculation that Nuance was the company, however, no proof. Nuance is riding high with Nina and everything else the ...

New HP Laptop
Dec 31, 2009

Okay, I should have checked all this out before I bought a new computer, I know.  But I didn't and now I am paying for it. My company's software is not compatible with Windows 7 and that's what my new computer installed on it.  I have learned that I can take it to a local repair store and have the XP installed on it and the Word 2003, but then I found out from my employer's IT guy that a 64-bit computer is also not compatible.  Geesh!  Anything else I sho ...

Laptop Help
Jul 28, 2011

After being driven out of my house to a motel for 5 days last week due to the heat (94 degrees even with a small a/c, I think the time is here to get a laptop.  I discovered the motel does have internet access.  It's supposed to be 100 tomorrow. I need suggestions in choosing.  Since I have to have Windows XP, I'm limited to getting a refurb online.  There are lots out there, but mostly Dells, with widely varying models and prices.  I know I want something wit ...

Laptop MT?
Oct 31, 2011

I am sure I could use a laptop just as well as I could use a desktop.  I would like to travel more before things start getting really bad in America.  Plus I would like to visit family more often.  I was wondering if anyone out there works off of a laptop and how they liked it.  I was thinking I would get an external mouse and connect my keyboard so I can make production better.  Any ideas or suggestions?  I have to buy a new computer and I am debating whether I cou ...

Anyone Use A Laptop With A 10-key Pad?
Feb 07, 2012

My Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop died today so I need a replacement ASAP.  I'm writing this on my son's Toshiba Satellite, which has a 10-key pad that my Dell does not.  Is anyone using a laptop w/a 10-key pad?  Would you recommend it?  Thanks in advance. ...

Using Laptop
Sep 29, 2012

I know this is a dumb question, but can mmodal employees use a laptop instead of a regular puter? ...

Does Anyone Use A Laptop For Their Job?
Jan 29, 2013

Just wondering if anyone uses a laptop to do their transcription, or if most people just use a desk top computer. ...

Laptop?
Apr 17, 2013

Duh. ...

What Laptop Do You Use?
Aug 21, 2013

I am thinking of leaving the comfort of my PC and switching to a laptop so I can do a little traveling.  Any tips or suggestions on specs? ...