A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Spheris sale to CBAY hits a - ROADBLOCK!

Posted: Apr 01, 2010

$75 million Spheris sale to CBay hits roadblockBy Kumar Shankar Roy Mar 25 2010 , Kolkata

CBay Group's chief executive Raman Kumar's $75 million attempt to buy key business of

bankrupt medical technology US firm Spheris may get stuck with Larry Ellison-led Oracle, globally the second biggest software maker, voicing its displeasure over the deal.

http://www.mydigitalfc.com/companies/75-million-spheris-sale-cbay-hits-roadblock-650

My husband and I just argued again. - He says to get out of MQ.

[ In Reply To ..]
I just do not know where to go since I feel all are the same.

He is so upset after reading this article. He says MQ has MONEY TO BURN. He also says the people at the top of this company are INSANELY GREEDY. Lastly, he says this company IS TAKING OUR MONEY BY PAYING US SO DIRT CHEAP AND USING THIS EXTRA MONEY TO BUY OTHER COMPANIES OUT and he has noticed this for years and years and years. This is how this company runs. Instead of pay increases for MT's, we get pay decreases which puts more money in the higher ups pockets (like we did not know this already). Also, remember this company cheated MT pay for years just a few years ago and instead of us getting the money, it was given to that ADHI (whatever it is).

There ya go. My husband went on and on about this company and I had to listen to him mouth off about how this company runs. He told me I WOULD RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND HOW CAN YOU PUT UP WITH THEIR CRAP!

MQ - RUN! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Your husband is right! All MT companies out there are not the same and not evil like MQ. Believe me, I left MQ and it was the best thing I ever did.

Hmmmm....very interesting! - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
Something coming back to bite Kumar in the butt?

They will push it through, they always find a way - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember when Phillips sold their shares to CBay, the minority shareholders objected to the sale stating there were improper actions relating to the sale. If I remember correctly they filed a lawsuit. The sale went through anyway.

Similar Messages:

Medical Rewrite: Why The $116M Spheris Sale Will Change The Transcription Business
Apr 24, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/04/26/story1.html?b=1272254400^3245651 This link was on the Benchmark KB Dashboard    Medical rewrite: Why the $116M Spheris sale will change the transcription business   The sale, which was scheduled to close Thursday, combines the country’s two largest players in a $15 billion medical transcription industry struggling to reinvent itself in the face of technological advances.Whether it succeeds could determine how ...

CBay Buys Spheris
Feb 03, 2010

Just curious, how do you guys (and gals) feel about the fact that CBay just purchased Spheris? ...

Cbay/Spheris/MQ In Tennessee?
Oct 21, 2010

Spheris parent — now HQed in Franklin — files for IPO By Erin Lawley Posted on October 20, 2010 at 8:17 am Middle Tennessee soon will have another locally based public company — though its “localness” may come as a surprise. CBaySystems Holdings — whose MedQuist subsidiary purchased Franklin-based Spheris out of bankruptcy for $116 million earlier this year — has filed for a $115 million initial public offering and listed Spheris’ Carothers Par ...

CBay, Spheris, Medquist - INDIA
May 04, 2010

Came across this information, from a reliable source (who prefers to remain anonymous.)We report, you decide. - - - - - - - - - - A leading United States-based healthcare BPO services vendor CBay Systems Ltd. plans to transfer nearly 50 per cent of its work to India during the next two years with a view to develop into a $1-billion company. Presently, CBay Systems provides its facilities to almost 40 per cent of the hospital market in the United States covering over 2,400 hospitals, clinics as ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

Possible Sale Of Nuance?
Jun 17, 2014

The Boston Globe:  "Could Nuance Communications Inc. be up for grabs — again?  The Burlington maker of speech- recognition software has talked with several possible buyers, including Samsung Electronics Co., The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.   Samsung would not have much use for the other parts of the Nuance business, Ives said, such as its large business units that provide hospitals with medical transcription services and businesses with call center techn ...

Is Nuance Up For Sale
Aug 16, 2014

I just chanced upon this interesting article which suggests so.Nuance’s $250 million 2027 Convertible Notes redemption is either a signal of an imminent buyout or a red herring.If one read between the lines and disregarded the noise during Monday's earnings, a very interesting event was announced which could signal a buyout is on the horizon: Nuance is calling back all of their $250 million, 2027 Convertible Notes (at 2.7%).It is my belief that the redemption of these notes is in an ...

Doc Spells "lotril". Other Than Hits On Google, Can't Document.
Aug 17, 2011

:) ...

Did Transform Fall Off The Map After Their Sale?
May 09, 2012

There are no want ads from them, no one on here complaining or praising them.  Did they disappear after their recent merger? ...

ASR, The Proverbial Brooklyn Bridge For Sale
Jul 16, 2010

Whoever sold the medical transcription industry on what a timesaving, streamlining, cost saving state-of-the art boon to the profession ASR would become is the scammingest grifter I ever heard of.  oops.  It is saving costs by decimating transcriptionists' pay.  I wonder how many years they have left to make  payments on the Brooklyn Bridge. ...

MModal Perks Laptop Sale
Aug 14, 2014

Just a word to the wise....we bought my son a Lenovo laptop from Best Buy a year and a half ago.  Nothing but trouble.  We sent it back in 3 times to be repaired when it was under warranty.  Came back each time still broken.  After the warranty ran out we took it to a local shop and the guy said all it needed was a new hard drive, installled one and it has worked ever since.   I would highly recommend you stay away from Lenovo.   ...

Anyone Heard The Rumor That Silent Type Is Up For Sale?
Jan 28, 2014

X ...

British TV Sting Reveals Medical Records For Sale In India
Dec 03, 2009

According to articles in The Economic Times and The Daily Mail, an undercover investigation by Britain's ITV1 television program "Tonight" has revealed that medical records of UK citizens are available for purchase from Indian black marketeers. Quoting from The Economic Times article: The modus-operandi employed to procure the records was simple. Chris Rogers, the [television] programme’s presenter, contacted two Indian salesmen through an internet chat room, and posed as a marketing ...

Http://online.wsj.com/articles/nuance-communications-explores-possible-sale-1402936735
Jun 16, 2014

In the news today. http://online.wsj.com/articles/nuance-communications-explores-possible-sale-1402936735 ...

MQ/CBay
Feb 24, 2011

It seems that Medquist is still hiring US MTs.  They have an ad in MT daily.  I don't see why CBay can't keep us on along with the Indian MTs.   ...

How Does CBay Fit Into This?
Jan 25, 2012

Wonder if we'll now see the American coding jobs go "global" like our MT jobs did. Also wonder if the CCMs and higher management will change. ...

CBay/Please Read
Jul 22, 2010

I just got through reading the website of CBay in its entirety to get more insight into their company.  They appear to be a giant in the field, own almost everything that has to do with medical transcription or the likes thereof.  I clicked on the Executive Bios section and got to read about each executive's background, etc.  What I saw and read were numerous CBay individuals (all men I might add) with many years' worth of previous employment by well known companies, som ...

Wow! Just Thought Of How CBAY
Jul 29, 2010

CBAY could get rid of a lot of board of directors.  Does CBAY have any idea how much money it could save them?  In fact, why we are at it, get rid of the United States board of directors and bring in their own India board of directors.  They could probably pay their suits half or even less than it would cost for United States board of directors.  Plus!  Would not have to pay incentives, benefits, bonuses, gas for their cars, credit expenses for lunches and golfing, e ...

Hey CBAY Suits
Mar 26, 2011

Why dont ya just open up all the regions into one clump and let us have a giant cesspool?  Then every report that pops up will get assigned out immediately and there will be instant TAT!  If you do it quick enough, you can beat all the other MTSOs to it and be the leader of the pack!  I mean, seriously, jumping from the 15 to 20 now is such a piece of cake, and you really dont want me thinking I have the upper hand here, do you? ...

CBay Buyout Of MQ
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of changes.  Ba-Ba-Big Ch-Ch-Changes are coming.  CBay is trying to buy 100% of MQ.  Check out article at: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/news.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US Other articles of interest there also.  Basically reads: Management Led Buyout of MedQuist Causes Shareholder Claim Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 7, 2011-- Goldfarb Branham LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Medqui ...

M*Modal - CBAY?
May 11, 2012

I was one of 30 people fired in a conference call from CBay back in December, 2007.    Was applying to M*Modal and looked up CBay's location and it says that CBay is now M*Modal???????   (Can anybody verify this?)   Also, do they pay hourly or per line? ...

I'm Having Flashbacks Of Cbay.
Apr 04, 2013

We had layoffs in groups about every 6 months to a year, until finally the last batch was laid off and ALL the work was sent to India. Everyone kept saying it could never happen, but it did. They chose profits over quality.  I wish the doctors, hospitals, and patients would wake up! ...

"pelvofundibular" Cannot Verify It, Nor Do I Get Very Good Hits For "fundibular"
Feb 01, 2010

nm ...

Cbay/Heartland/Medquist
Mar 02, 2010

I remember when the layoffs happened and then feared the worst when Cbay bought us last year.  My question is this:  What was the layoff package?  Severence?  How long did it last and what did it include?  Thanks in advance. ...

CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA
Jul 15, 2010

http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/medical-transcription-heavyweight-cbay.html   CBAY SENDING MORE THAN EVER TO INDIA ...

I Wonder If CBAY's CEO Would Jump Up And Down For A $50.00 Bonus!!
Jun 24, 2011

nm ...

Dear MQ/Cbay ILP Who I QA'd Tonight
Apr 23, 2011

If you can't hear parts of the dictation, leave a QA marker.  It looks really bad when the client is on 100% for ILPs and all you did was copy and paste an old progress note with a few changes to the impression and plan.  Seriously?!  Did you listen to any of the dictation?  Cuz it didn't come close to matching up. Sure, the dictator was difficult and hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that what the ILP typed didn't even come close to what was said, ...

CBay Expansion Drive
Dec 02, 2011

Happened to read the following in Cbay's facebook page.  Hope I don't lose my account.....this time... http://www.facebook.com/CBaySytems?sk=wall   CBaySystems' Coimbatore office will embark on a recruitment drive to appoint MTs, QAs (office based) and HBTs. They will be looking for talents from Trivandrum, Kochi and Chennai. The recruitment drive will be held on the 27th and 28th November in the following hotels. Trivandrum - Hotel Horizon, Kochi - Hotel Presidency, ...

Number Of MQ Employees Dropped By ? Since Cbay
Jan 18, 2010

Does anyone have an article that I think was posted here awhile ago about CBay's plans for cutting US MTs? It might have been an Indian article.  Somehow the numbers 10,000 then down to 3,000 seem familiar, but I'd appreciate a link if anyone knows where to find this info. Thanks. ...