A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looking to get started - Dawn

Posted: Jun 06, 2012

I am looking to get started as a transcriptionist. What do I need to know? I have an associates degree (Liberal Arts). I can type pretty fast, and am pretty good at spelling. I am looking for advice on where I should start, or how to start being a transcriptionst.

Thank you in advance for your information and advice.

Dawn

as long as you can type - no problems

[ In Reply To ..]
Liberal Arts... I am sure that you are already qualified! Just apply at the companies, take a few tests, and tell them that you can type pretty fast and you are pretty good at spelling!

Easy enough.

Medical terminology courses would - mmmt

[ In Reply To ..]
be a good thing to take.

No problems - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I sincerely hope you are joking and that this is a silly post. If you are serious, it is the worst advice I have ever seen anyone give.

I think the poster was being sarcastic, not serious - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

actually... - that is how I started

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have a good vocabulary and a good ear, you can actually do very well without taking a single medical terminology class. I did!
Me too! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
23 years later...
Not if you can't find a job! nm - Maggie May
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Start In House - shortie
[ In Reply To ..]
It amazes me at all the sarcasm and rude comments on here by other MTs. Is there really a need for that? Oh, yeah . . . you all know it all.

To original poster, yes, you do need to know medical terminology. It's not about just typing fast and being able to spell big words. You would definitely need training if you are wanting to work from home. However, sometimes people will give a beginner the chance. You could try clinics. I do agree that acute transcription would not be much of an option, as it is one of the most difficult types. I personally started as just a good speller, fast typist, and good language skills. I started out with no training at all and learned as I went. This was before Google and expanders, too. Just depends on how determined you are, how fast you learn, and, the hardest part, finding a place who will give you a chance and hire a beginner.

I do agree that training is the best way to go, but pay rate for transcriptionist versus cost of medical course is way too costly. Pay rate is really low for most transcriptionists these days, so . . . JMO. Wish you the best in whatever you decide to do!

Ignore this poster - Sarcasm and wasting your time. - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
Ignore the "no problem" sarcasm.

IGNORE YOURSELF - BIGGER WASTE OF TIME

[ In Reply To ..]
Just because someone can type does not make them a transcriptionist! I found her post offensive, and belittling.
I'm with you - the OP was insulting
[ In Reply To ..]
The sarcastic replies were absolutely appropriate to get the message across.
Bigger waste of time - Nila
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought her post showed an incredible amount of ignorance. I felt sorry for her, poor thing.

Looking to get started - newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I just graduated from an AHDI approved program (I already had an unrelated Bachelor's Degree). I applied with many companies, but none would even let me test. I was offered a job with one company, but that was only because it hires graduates of the school I went to. If I was you I would download a free trial of ExpressScribe and put in an application with Inscribe (They have an ad on the Job Seeker's board). You should be able to take Inscribe's transcription test,which is listening to actual sound files and transcribing them. These files are pretty typical of what you would be transcribing if you went to a good school that uses the SUM program for training. I think that you will get a good idea as to whether this is something that you are capable of doing or would even enjoy doing. By the way, my training cost $5000 and took 2 years. I really enjoy transcription.

clarification - newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I want to clarify something. I don't mean that you should turn in the test to Inscribe. You will not know how to format these reports without first having had some training or doing some research. You can go to mtsamples.com or stedmans.com and look at tons of examples of medical reports to give you an idea of how they are formatted. I just mean that it will give you an idea of what medical transcription really is like.

It's nice to see someone trying to help, but... - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps you could email Dawn about what kind of salary to expect so she can further evaluate the profession before putting a lot into it. I really do commend you for helping, but as someone who has done this for over 25 years this is not the profession to get started in if you have to support yourself - maybe if you are a two income home or live with parents, but it's tough for singles.
Angie - newbie
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you. My husband has a good paying job, and I will be making less than I thought as well as working crappy hours. I do think that listening to Inscribe's sound files will help Dawn to understand just how difficult this is, and how difficult it would be to make good money when you are making 7 or 8 cents a line. On the other hand, she may listen and think she could do this and do it well with a some training.

to Dawn - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
what you need to know is this is a dying industry. I am on the Titanic, already hit the iceberg, and now looking for a life raft. do something else as we are all trying to get out and do. there is no money here anymore.

Dawn - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
You might consider calling Andrews. A liberal arts degree will not help you here.

Dawn... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Good spelling and typing fast ain't gonna do it for you. Understanding the spoken word - even when the language is not technical - is difficult enough. Have you any interest or knowledge in anatomy, physiology, etc?

As mentioned above, though, this industry is in a nosedive. It would be like studying to be a VCR salesman.

lol @ VCR salesman, I was just telling my (sm) - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
neighbor who asked about my "career" and was interested in learning that doing so was a waste of her time and would be like going back to 8 track tapes :)

A*MORAL, NUANCE, AND ALL THE NATIONALS - have destroyed this industry

[ In Reply To ..]
They have sold a sack o' crap to the healthcare industry with inferior documentation products and in the process are putting MTs out of business. THIS INDUSTRY HAS TERMINAL, END-STAGE DISEASE AND WILL YIELD NOTHING. GET OUT AND STAY OUT.

Stage IV with metastases to the entire industry. - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]

Great analogy! Yes, MTSOs are a CANCER that - have ruined MT. - Meerkat, nm

[ In Reply To ..]
How can you generalize? - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Generalization shows an overwhelming ignorance. What about the MTSOs who are good to their workers? Yes, there are still some out there. What if I told you that I provided a good job for many people, bought technical books and supplies for those who could not afford it, and was supportive and kind? I think anytime we generalize about anybody, be it in a racial/religious/workplace/ethnic and on and on manner, it just does not work. Yes, there are some MTSOs, especially with the nationals that I would not even compare with sharks for fear of insulting the shark population. But these posts to the tune of "all MTSOs are (insert epithet here)....." are sort of like the political posts that say "Obama (or Romney, take your pick) is a so-and so- because he ALWAYS..... and ALL......." How about judging people on their own merits?
Show me an MTSO that's made MTs' wages go - up, conditions/benefits improve.
[ In Reply To ..]
And forget the small mom 'n pop MT companies. If things continue, none of them will exist for long. I'm talking about the nationals. When they came on scene, MT as a career went down the toilet.

Nuance = Nuisance - al

[ In Reply To ..]

Also looking to get started - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a hair stylist. I love heads. They intrigue me. I am quick with a scissors and am pretty good with a needle! I am looking for advice on how to become a brain surgeon!

Thanks.

lol! : ) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That really cracked me up! You wrapped it up so perfectly, and in such a good-natured way!

I find it particularly funny, because not only am I an unemployed MT, but I am ALWAYS trying to cut my own hair!
(Maybe there's a pattern here!) I'm still laughing.

Well said! - Kudos!

[ In Reply To ..]
That said it better than all the spineless Pollyanna advice. The original question was an insult.

spineless Pollyanna - newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
We can only give advice to others based on our own experiences and perspective. Some of us feel insulted more easily than others. I would think a person with a backbone is less inclined to feel that they are being insulted by someone who is probably just uninformed.
OK, you win. You are the most wonderful - human being on planet Earth
[ In Reply To ..]
No one else has a right to an opinion different from yours because everyone else is just really, really inferior compared to your wonderfulness.

There. Happy?
Wonderful human - newbie
[ In Reply To ..]
Did I say that? I think you just proved my point:)!
sorry for making you feel spineless - big backbone
[ In Reply To ..]
Awe... did our sarcasm make you feel spineless? So, so sorry.
big backbone - newbie
[ In Reply To ..]
This is getting weirdly childish.
well said - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Looking to get started - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for my laugh for the day! The OP reminds me of a guy I knew who had the temerity to tell me that his mother had been a nurse and he had her old dictionary, so he was sure he could be an MT without any problem--NOT!

Snarky comments - newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Give her a break with the snarky comments please. One thing I found out really quick is that I didn't know how much I didn't know. Dawn doesn't know that yet. I don't think that she meant to offend anyone.

The snarky comments - get the message across

[ In Reply To ..]
far better than all the earnest, well-meaning advice from the "nice" people. The original inquiry was insulting, and anyone with training in anything should have known that.

Comments like yours are a disgrace to the profession... - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
Believe it or not, YOU once didn't know anything about MT.
no, a disgrace is someone thinking that becuse they can - type, they can be an MT
[ In Reply To ..]
That is a disgrace!
Disgrace - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
A disgrace is someone like you treating people this way. She has never done this type of work so how would she know that she doesn't need more than typing speed and spelling? The way these matchbooks advertise it, you can be doing this job in as little as four months. In all reality, to be a transcriptionist, all you need is speed and spelling, but for a MEDICAL transcriptionist you do need the training, but when you all complain of minimum wage and this profession going downhill, you all make it sound like it's an entry level position. There is no need to degrade and belittle someone who has no knowledge of this field. Get over your bitterness and try to steer someone away from this profession in the proper way instead of being a jerk about it.
But according to the OP - MT is not a "profession"
[ In Reply To ..]
It's just a little job someone with a two-year "degree" and the ability to type can "get started" doing.

Maybe she gets the message now.

Dawn, - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
The bottom line is that voice recognition has pushed us out of work. Where we used to make about $15. per hour or more as an independent, our income has been cut in half by lack of jobs, and hospitals and doctors outsourcing to transcription services. Rather than the .14 cents a line I used to charge my clients I am making .08 cents a line. The transcription department I supervised for a hospital closed and outsourced. There is tremendous competition for jobs. This is a profession where you can't just spend 5K on a school and immediately start working - you need to be mentored and your starting rate will bring in less than a dollar an hour. I recommend you read the posts on this board to become familiar with the current status of the profession. MTs are losing their homes due working for less than minimum wage and lack of work. Even when employed, you will sign in and see there are no jobs to do. This is definitely not the profession you want to be in unless you don't need enough money to support yourself and love the work. Still, you face stiff competition. Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

If ever there was a post - designed

[ In Reply To ..]
to push buttons, this was it. Sorry, I don't think this is a valid post at all.

If it is, research schools. You AA will not really do you much good.

But I think this was worded just perfectly to get posters to jump on it.

Get started--first try these - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.medword.com/MedwordStore/HomEx/zip_audio_files.html

Just in case you're not a troll and you are serious about what it takes, give these samples a try. You will also need to know how to get a foot pedal, a player that works with the foot pedal, know what OS you have and how to troubleshoot it.

You'll also need to know how to reference terms so you're sure you are using the right one and know you're using the right site to find those terms.

Best of luck to you.

OP didn't specify "medical" - mt13

[ In Reply To ..]
OP didn't specify "medical"

Dawn's post reads like she was just kind of "checking in" on this board. She may or may not have intended she was just going to jump in to do MT.

Dawn, good typing skills can qualify someone for "General Transcription" work, if you also have superior spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills as well.

Google companies that hire for "general transcription, media transcription, event transcription," etc., to find some decent opportunities to get started.

If you meant medical transcription, other posters are correct--it's a long difficult road to get up to speed as an MT.

But you can start elsewhere and see where it takes you. Best of luck to you. We all had to start somewhere...

Please ignore the snark - Crabby

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is uncalled for. If you want to get into medical transcription, you would be hard-pressed to get a job or a contract without going through an accredited MT course such as Andrews, M-Tec, or Careerstep. Some local colleges may offer MT courses as well.

As others have stated, you would most likely be starting at a low rate of pay. I haven't been an MT for 25 years, so I can't tell you how it used to be. It is a profession, not just a job and most transcriptionists pride themselves on their work. That is why some get upset when one comes along and says they can type fast, spell good and think that is all it takes. The MT, in my opinion, is just as responsible for patient care as any other member of the medical team since we have to make sure the info is 100% correct. If an allergy is missed, or a dosage is wrong, the patient can be harmed.

If you want to do general transcription, there are several companies out there that offer "newbie" positions.

Looking to get started, Thank you - Dawn

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to offend anyone, that was NOT my intention. I have done little to no research and thought the best place to start would be asking people. Obviously that was the wrong idea as the insults are not necessary.
Yes I "only" have a two year degree. Yes it IS a DEGREE. I have been working in an office environment and it has been difficult to get more schooling in my life. I only mentioned it to see what else I needed.

Maybe the post showed ignorance BECAUSE I AM NEW TO THIS. Just because you know more about this subject does not make you a smarter, or better person than ANYONE else.

I have transcribed before, but it was a long time ago and have done it a hand full of times.

I want to say thank you to everyone that has given real information and the links have helped immensely.

If you want to be an MT, you have to go to school - like everone else

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no magic, wave a wand your an MT, kind of thing. The degree you have does not qualify you for this job. Just because you transcribed a handful of jobs in the past does not qualify you either.

I am sorry if I sound harsh to you, but I find it very offensive that you think because you can type that you can be an MT. Maybe if you came on here asking about good schools you would have gotten more sympathy, but you seem to think that you are qualified and there is some back door that just opens because you can type.
Looking to get started - Dawn
[ In Reply To ..]
I never said I thought I was qualified because I can type. I was asking on information on how to get started. It was more of a here's what I have, does it help any and what would I need to get started? Sorry you were offended by something I did NOT say.
Dawn - looking to get started - rational being
[ In Reply To ..]
Dawn, there wasn't a thing wrong with your original post. You stated what you had and asked what you needed. As you have unfortunately learned, some folks who post on this board don't play well with others. While there is good reason for misery in this industry in its current state, that's no excuse to beat up on someone from outside who is just trying to ask for some guidance. There are also good folks here, and some have tried to be helpful with some honest and realistic advice. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :)
Info listed in New MT forum - just me
[ In Reply To ..]
I posted a lot of info on the New MR. forum around the beginning of May or so. Please see those posts. There is still money to be made in this field, but you need a solid education, somebody to mentor you when you first start for a while, and then get your own accounts. From what I read on this board, few MTs are making money working for nationals. Do not waste your time on a short course online. My best education came from the local community college, who nowadays have a lot of their courses online. I firt went to a vocational school and despite straight A's wasted 1 year and thousands of dollars, and then I went to the commmunity college and AAMT meetings as well as being mentored. I now have several surgery center accounts and clinics, having had to rebuild my business after losing accounts to EMR. I did not make money the first year but spent money to the tune of $8000. plus everything I made putting it back into my business. It took me about 1 1/2 years to start to really make some money, but I was making a lot despite being a slow typist (lots of templates). Good luck!
To be fair, she said the same thing I told my husband many years ago... - just me
[ In Reply To ..]
And after transcription school, workshops, mentoring, and lots of hard work and frustration..... here I am and still making A LOT of money. I think most people on this board have answered her very harshly. Good luck Dawn

Dawn - happy

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck to you whatever you decide.

The best thing about working from home as a medical transcriptionist is that you are not stuck in an office with the likes of the hypersensitive, judgemental ladies who have responded abominably (albeit sometimes humorously) to such an innocent question. There always seem to be a few who have personality issues that make them extremely difficult to work with.

Also, Dawn, there are many areas of MT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Where you don't need to go to any of those high-dollar schools. A community college or on-line medical terminology course would suffice. If you are planning to go into acute care, surgery, or ER medicine, yes you'll need more intensive training.

Honestly, I would browse around at some sample reports, listen to some sample dictations (not acute care/ER/surgery), buy Stedman's spellchecker and the newest drug reference book, and go out in search of an internist or general family physician because they just about cover every part of the body.

I started out with a friend's mom sitting me down one day and saying, "Type this. I'll be back in four hours." That's how I started out and have rocked the MT world for the last 24 years, and never have taken any formal training ever! Don't let these people scare you that you need this overwhelming amount of education - unless you want to go into the fields.

Get your own clients - stay away from the services. That's not where you'll make your money and there are PLENTY of doctors who won't go to big services, won't do voice rec, and all of that. All you need is one to start out with. Take your time and believe in yourself.

Transcription - Getting out of MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I assume you are talking about getting started in medical transcription as opposed to general transcription or legal transcription. You might try looking into general transcription. What about churches? A lot of times they have sermons transcribed to post online. Anyway, I would steer clear of MT. I am getting out, and I have one of the better MT jobs, but we slow down so much in the winter that it is just not viable, and I am not willing to do VR editing for the low rate that it pays. Good luck

Similar Messages:

How To Get Started
Oct 27, 2009

I have been looking for a MT job since April when I finished my course training with MTatHome out of Texas.  I apply for spots that areposted as open but then get email back saying that they have no openings.  I have been in the Medical profession for 6 years as a CNA and I am getting ready for nursing school in the Fall of 2010.  I am just wanting to know what it will take to get my foot in the door in the MT field and get a job.  If anyone has any suggestion or can help me ...

I Just Started A New Job, And.......
Nov 07, 2009

I just finished my FIRST shift and when I checked my line count I was shocked.  Twice as much as I can do with MQ.  There is something seriously wrong at MQ.  At my new job, my CPL is a little less than MQ but not much. ...

Just Getting Started
Aug 24, 2010

hello-i am considering a change in jobs due to being terminated in may.  i am interested in becomng an MT, but now you guys got me thinking twice about my decision.  I know there are two sides to everyones story.  I'm not looking into making big bucks, at least what i was making at my last job, $25K.  Any suggestions on the best school?  I understand schools are going to say that the MT field is growing, but those of you that have been out there awhile, is it realll ...

How To Get Started As A MT?
Mar 30, 2011

Hello everyone!  I just found this forum.  I currently work part-time as a legal virtual assistant.  My background is in personal injury law and would like to get my feet wet and start medical and legal transcribing.  Would anyone be so kind as to advise how I start.  I already hold a B.A. in political science and do not think I need to go through a AA program.  Bottom line, I am confused and don't know where to begin.  Please help! Thank you!  ...

Getting Started
Dec 22, 2014

I am a stay at home mom and I would like to get into MT. I am having a hard time sorting through the abundance of information out there. I have found programs that range from$400 to $5000. Can anyone give me advise about how to properly get schooling and procure a career? Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Helped Someone Else Get Started?
Mar 14, 2010

Hello all!  It has been some time since I have posted here but used to visit quite often.  My daughter-in-law is just about to finish my transcription course materials (she has finished the book work and is working on transcribing the voice files).  She has already started applying to companies, however she is running up against the same issue we have all run up against as newbies "experience required."  I am willing to sign a confidentiality agreement, have her work beside ...

A Saline S/l Well Was Started...
May 12, 2010

doc states "A saline s/l well was started. The pt was given 1 liter of bolus I.V. normal saline... Saline well?? ...

Started My First Job, But It Went Horrible!
Jun 08, 2010

Hey everybody, I just needed to vent a little bit. I started my first day on my first job, and it went absolutely horrible. I was using the Emdat InScribe platform, which seems easy enough, but they have sooo many templates that the doctor should be using and isn't. My first few reports were okay, but then everything went downhill. I'm supposed to use the templates, but half the time, I had to erase 3/4 of them because it wasn't what he was saying. The wrong templates would load, ...

Just Getting Started... Education??
Jun 17, 2011

Hello All! I have recently decided to begin a career in MT, and am trying to weigh my education options. I have a bachelor's degree in Hearing, Speech & Language Sciences, so I'm great with interpreting speech/language and am also pretty good at deciphering English as a second language. I've also worked for a hospital scheduling outpatient testing for the past three years, so I have a bit of a background in medical terminology (still so much to learn!) and the inner workings ...

Wanting To Know How Would I Get Started
Jan 25, 2011

I am looking for a job as a medical transcriptionist.  I like to work through my home.  I am attended college at Kaplan University, so I have not got my degree yet, but I believe I could do the work.  I am wanting to know how would I get started. ...

Started At TT Two Months Ago And
Jun 29, 2011

I never have work!  Second shift is not that busy like I was told it would be.  I am so bummed because I really like(d) the people there.  Now I have to look for work as an IC to make up for having small paychecks at TT.  Please tell me it gets better and this is just the summer slowness as we were told? ...

Training And Getting Started
Sep 08, 2011

I am retired from the accouting/budget field and am interested in obtaining a job working from home in the medical transcription/coding/billing field. How do I get started with training, etc.? Thanks for your assistance! ...

Just Started My Day And Already,,question Please
Mar 14, 2012

The account specs say cc should be mL...However, it says to use the docs template which has cc in there...Go by his template or make it right? ...

Just Started My Shift And Already NJA!!!!
Jun 20, 2012

:( ...

Started My First Day Of College :)
Sep 29, 2012

I just wanted to post that I completed my first week of college. The first day was scary, but by the second day I felt much more at ease. My first class happened to algebra, so wish me luck. I know that I am making the right decision, so I am hoping that I can start counting the days to when I can just give my notice. It is going to be tough, but it definitely is going to be worth it. ...

Started With A New Co. This Week Doing MT. They Are Sm
Jan 21, 2013

STILL out there. And I only sent out about 4 resumes. I am averaging 25.00 an hour TRAINING. I am NOT kidding.  Don't give up just yet. Keep looking. There are jobs out there.  You just need to find them. I would give you the name of this awesome place, but unfortunately, I'm not going to do that just yet. I know I took the last spot they were hiring for. BUT, I'm also having A LOT of family issues going on right now, so if I decide not to go past my training period wit ...

Just Started School For A MT
Apr 05, 2013

I just started going to school (Kaplan University Online) for my Associates in Medical Transcription. From what I am hearing I should change my degree immediately. I have been thinking about changing my degree to Medical Office Management instead. Any thoughts? ...

I Just Started With A New Company And
Jan 21, 2014

I am totally worn out.  I have never in my life worked so hard for so little money.  They nit-pick everything to death and there are so many pages of instructions that you just can't remember everything.  I don't know how these companies expect us to manage a gazillion accounts, each with different directions, etc., but they do.  McDonald's is looking better all the time. ...

Can Someone Tell Me When The Original ASR Started
Apr 10, 2014

Gathering information, for the life of me my mind has blocked out that trainwreck.. ...

Switch From MTs To MMEs Has Started
Nov 10, 2009

Well folks, email today regarding yet another MQ program- Account Trustee- those of us with good quality scores have the HONOR of sending reports directly through to the client with 2 blanks or less, thus bypassing QA.  Instead of addressing the issue WHY QA is so backlogged (could it be because so many QA were underpaid and have left) this is the new decision.  ...

Well, It Has Already Started, HIPAA Laws.
Feb 13, 2010

If we do not check our screen where patient name, info, attending, date of birth, blah blah blah is not correct or we did not check to make sure the dictator name is correct or attending name in the screen, of did not fill in attending or dictator for, this will have to be notified to HIPAA.  If company does not notify HIPAA that an MT made a mistake and did not correct patient name, dictator name, attending, etc., my company will be fined big time and possibly the MT too.  Honestly, ...

Medical Transcription, How To Get Started?
Feb 22, 2010

I finally graduated from MT training and wonder if anyone is willing to give a new graduate a beginning chance. I have filled out many applications but the bottom line is that they want 3-5  years of experience. How does one get a foot in the door. Thanks celloman ...

To The Lady That Started Her Own Company
May 17, 2010

You know who you are. You even asked questions on this board about setting up an MT company.   You have even stopped answering/reading e-mails, even though I have not harrassed you or have even been nasty.  I would, however, like to get paid.  Your excuses that you are waiting for lines counts from the client and that you will keep me updated is wearing thin.  Surely you must have line counts by now since the work was done in February.  Or is it because you have spe ...

New CCM In The South Started Out Great....sm
Jun 27, 2010

She was sending out lots of emails full of useful information, but has now pretty much turned into the old CCM with no communication and NEVER answers her emails.   Anybody else with this problem? ...

I Just Started ASR Today....and I Love It!
Jun 22, 2010

Its so easy.  I don't see alot of posts about the company i work for, so i won't post that, but their back end is fabulous!  And it was so easy today to do 190 lph, and I'm still training!  To those who have just decided they are "just not gonna do ASR", you better reconsider.  It is the wave of the future.  It works.  I am so glad I finally learned how to do it.  I really don't think we should shun it, we should embrace it.  Get your ...

Recently Started On ChartNet
Sep 26, 2010

I have recently started on ChartNet.  I read reviews, which are mostly positive, and my question is why? I find it cumbersome with all the headings you have to make with the control/shift keys and entering, starting new headers, etc.  Not very fluid at all (for me anyway).  Does anyone have advice/tips on how to make this more user-friendly?  Plus I lose reports and have no idea where they go or how to get them back, so I am losing line count as well.  I was happy to read all those positive ...

Oracle New-hires, Have You Started Yet?
Oct 05, 2010

I have received zero info about the new account the new hires are for. Anyone else?  Is lack of communication a problem? ...

Things Started To Change At WMX
Jun 21, 2011

I noticed things starting to change at WMX when they bought that transcription company..what was it about 1 year or 2 ago.  As changes were constantly being made, even our managers werent as nice as they used to be.  I started there more than 7 years ago and it was great back then, but then after about 5 years, things started happening and none of the changes benefitted the MTs. ...

Has Anyone Started The MTTest And Had To Finish (sm)
Dec 08, 2010

it the next day?  Will they save your test overnight?  I started late today and ran into a problem (personal) and was wondering if I could finish the test tomorrow.  Appreciate any info. ...

Anybody Use Vonage With A C-phone? I Just Started
Aug 30, 2011

a job that requires the use of a C-phone.  So consequently I forward my vonage phone calls to my cell while I'm working.  However, not every phone call gets forwarded!  Has anyone else noticed this problem?  It's driving me nuts.  Plus I've noticed after a certain period of time, my line will just automatically disconnect causing me to have to dial back into the system.  I wonder if there is something up with Vonage where they regulate time spent on t ...