A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

recently started on ChartNet - anon

Posted: Sep 26, 2010

I have recently started on ChartNet.  I read reviews, which are mostly positive, and my question is why? I find it cumbersome with all the headings you have to make with the control/shift keys and entering, starting new headers, etc.  Not very fluid at all (for me anyway).  Does anyone have advice/tips on how to make this more user-friendly?  Plus I lose reports and have no idea where they go or how to get them back, so I am losing line count as well.  I was happy to read all those positive reviews, but now I really don't understand why I am having such problems when lots of people really seem to like this platform.  The information given to us by the company is very minimal, so there is no help that I found in that regard.  I am open to any advice/suggestions.  TIA! 

what company is this for - there are different versions I am told

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure what instructions you got or if the key combinations would be the same due to the different versions of Chartnet so if we work for the same place, I could help you out.

I think it is ok, although because I work for 2 companies, the key combinations are different and I always delete stuff by mistake.

Anon, how about making yourself some new activation keystrokes - ExpanderLover

[ In Reply To ..]
for cumbersome functions using your expander or other program, such as AutoHotKeys? Although I've never done ChartNet, I do that for Enterprise. Why hit the Ctrl+Alt+C you're given to create a subheading when you can just tap "cc," or some such thing, with one finger? If you're using badly placed keys (for you) or 3 or more keystrokes for any routine function, including such tiny but constant annoyances as having to then hit another key to place the cursor where you'll need it to start typing, make a macro with a very quick name to cure the entire encumbrance permanently.

ChartNet - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the ideas about making the shortcuts. I will definitely do that when I get some free time. My main concern today was the loss of 3 reports within a 3-hour period, none of which I get credit for, and wish I knew of a way to retrieve those! As for the headings, because of all the control/shift/alt keys, I just need to remember how to put them in the shortcut keys with the tags, etc, for the capitals, bold, etc. I had thrown away all that info (never a good idea, I now realize!) when I left my previous company, and of course this company (remaining unnamed) just went with this program, which I never cared for. Oh well. Practice makes perfect, right!? Thanks again!

question - ChartNet user

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you get an error message before you lost the reports? I sometimes experience a little lag between sign off screens and sometimes get error messages. If you hit "edit report," then after it brings up the report in the edit screen, hit "exit," you should get the signoff screen(s) again.

I don't know if your ChartNet format is the same as the one I use, so this info may be useless. I don't have to do anything special for headers, just type them.

My company also gave pretty minimal info on the software, so I tried to figure out things as I went.

I think the expander program is pretty straightforward to add. You just type in the field as you want it to show, including bold, cap, etc., and it comes out the same in text screen.

Hope this helps.

I personally really do like this software. It gets "hung up" sometimes, but overall, it's user friendly IMO. I know software is very personal to the MT, so everyone is different.

Well, good luck :-)

If the company you are working with starts with M, please email. - I may be able to help.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
reply by e-mail - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot reply be e-mail as there isn't a place to do that. The place I work does start with an M. I am now being told that my ShortHand may be causing a conflict with the program. ??? I have lost approx 1500 to 1800 lines that I am not being reimbursed for so not very happy right now. I get an invalid floating point error and then my report gets wiped and takes me back to the starting point where you actually click to start a new job so there is nothing of the job. I have no idea what this is about and I am very frustrated basically typing for free. Now they want me to type without my expander program. Geesh...anything else I can do? Does anyone know if ShortHand is compatible with ChartNet? Has anyone had this problem before? I'm not very computer savvy and what I have looked up about the error doesn't make much sense other than it's some program error. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

How can you make hot keys for Enterprise? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Entrada - Anyone Recently Started
Oct 26, 2012

Has anyone just recently started at Entrada.  Wondering how ur doing? ...

ChartNet - Thank You!
May 21, 2010

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking for everyone's input on ChartNet.  Everyone posted positively and, as usual, you were right.  It's a great platform, really easy to learn and VERY MT-friendly.  I also got lucky and the dictators are excellent, too, so the whole experience has been wonderful.  Thanks to all who reassured me and to anyone else wondering, yes, ChartNet is the bomb! ...

If This Is Possible In ChartNet ?
Jul 15, 2011

I have been using ChartNet for a few weeks now.  My training was really brief, so I still have a lot to learn.  With the way we do the headers (cnt-N) and subheaders (cnt-shift-N), there doesn't seem to be any way to paste large sections into the report to include headers and/or subheaders.  I did that a lot in DocQscribe, and it sure did help my line count not to mention my hands and wrists when I could copy and paste large sections into certain reports, especially with things like card ...

ChartNet-sm
Jun 08, 2012

I used ChartNet but have never been formally trained on it.  I feel like I am getting nowhere fast.  Does anyone else use this platform? How do you like it? Formally trained? Any tips? I feel like it is not very MT friendly.  Is it just me? ...

What's Up With Chartnet?
Mar 17, 2014

Why is it that every time Chartnet has an update, things end up worse than before?  Stuff that used to work doesn't work right anymore.  And it doesn't accept 1-letter abbreviations.  My biggest peeve with this is that I have to manually capitalize the word "I" and I didn't have to do that before.  So annoying.  When something works, don't fix it.   I used to love Chartnet but now it's really starting to bug me.  They keep saying they w ...

Chartnet
Jan 08, 2015

I'm looking for a change of company. I'm most familiar with the Chartnet platform. Can anyone recommend a good place that still uses Chartnet? Are there even any out there?   atdhvaannkcse ...

ChartNet?
Feb 11, 2015

Is ChartNet a speech recognition platform? Does it work with high speed satellite internet? Thanks! ...

For All The MTs Who Have Recently Been Let Go, Can You
Nov 05, 2012

please post how much you got paid per line.  I think that really is why you all were let go because you made too much per line.  We can narrow it down to that if you would all post how much you made.  Thanks ...

Recently!
May 25, 2013

raise! Hopefully it's across the board! ...

NJA Recently?
Apr 11, 2014

Just wondering how the NJA problem is since 60 of us have moved on.  We've had 2 new ILP accounts to QA (which are horrible) and 1 group hospitals that have come back from ILP land, but only recieved a small handful of MTs to compensate.  My BOB has been swamped for the past week with late jobs every night.  My TSM says that her manager said that there isn't anybody who can help out.  I was just wondering if he/she is just too lazy to actually look.  I know the ...

Companies Using Chartnet
Jan 03, 2010

Aside from SPI, would appreciate knowing what companies use the Chartnet platform.   ...

Chartnet/Escription
Feb 23, 2010

Anyone out there that has used both platforms and has a preference.   Thanks so much. ...

ChartNet Opinions?
Apr 23, 2010

I just accepted a position about which I'm very excited and understand it is through the ChartNet platform.  I've worked on ChartScript but never ChartNet.  Opinions, hints, tips, positives, negatives, or any information welcome.  TIA!!!  ...

Does Keystrokes Use Chartnet?
Apr 29, 2010

I love the Chartnet platform but not the company I work for.  I heard that Keystrokes uses Chartnet and is moving accounts onto it.  Does anyone know if this is true?  Do you know if they are hiring right now?  ...

Does Nuance Or MQ Own ChartNet? If Not, Who Does? Nm
Jun 13, 2010

aa ...

Feedback About Chartnet?
Aug 11, 2010

Can someone give me some feedback about chartnet?  Pros, cons, etc?  Thanks! ...

CHARTNET - Companies That Use It?
Feb 01, 2011

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COMPANIES USE CHARTNET PLATFORM?? WOULD APPRECIATE HAVING THAT INFO VERY MUCH. ...

Chartnet And M-Modal?
Aug 12, 2011

I posted 7-8 posts below asking info about Chartnet.  I am wondering if the Chartnet I am using is the same everyone else is using?  The Chartnet I am using is tied in with M-Modal, but I don't have VR on my account.  The login box actually says  SPEECHMOTION Healthcare Documentation Platform ChartNet Client 4.10.  I am confused, as it doesn't seem very user friendly. ...

Chartnet/Shortand
Feb 07, 2012

Does Shorthand work with chartnet?  Couldn't find the answer in the archives.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Have Any Experience With Chartnet?
May 08, 2012

Anyone have any experience with Chartnet? Yesterday, I tore my hair out trying to get it installed. I am wondering if it is compatible with Windows 7. I was trying to install the 4.0 version and still have not got it installed. Any tips out there? ...

Chartnet Download
May 12, 2012

Just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with Chartnet, every time I try to log in it gives me an error message stating error loading voice client class not registered. Thanks for any help. ...

Anyone Familiar With ChartNet?-sm
May 18, 2012

I'm trying to learn it...no training provided by company.  What does "previous notes" mean.  I thought I knew but now not sure.  I have tons of questions but I guess I will learn as I go. Thank you. ...

ChartNet Program And SR??
Jun 06, 2012

how easy is it to get lines with the ChartNet platform and SR?  considering a position that uses this and need to get 1200 combined straight transcription and SR daily.  Is it achievable?  TIA ...

A Question About ChartNet
Jul 19, 2012

Once in a while I mistakingly save a file before the voice file is done. I put in my first password in and then it tells me the voice file was not finished and all I can do is answer "OK" in the box. What I want to know if there is a way to go back and finish the file? The only thing I can do is split the file as if there was a separate dictation on the same voice file. Anyone have any ideas? ...

ChartNet Client 4.10
Nov 06, 2012

Hello everyone, Can you please advise what companies out there are using ChartNet Client as their transcription software. Thank you very much!!  ...

Footpedal For Chartnet?
Jun 17, 2013

Does dictaphone footpedal work with chartnet, or do I have to have a USB-1 or USB-2 pedal? TIA. ...

How Good/bad Is Chartnet?
Nov 14, 2013

I've learned I'm going to be trained on Chartnet?  How is it?  Good/Bad?  I really dread editing other's reports.  When I had to do it years ago I sucked at it.  I couldn't make any money.  Has it changed?  Is it easier editing reports now?  Probably not.  I could really use some feedback.  I'll take all the info I can get, positive and/or negative.  Thanks to anyone who responds.  I really appreciate it.  ...

Chartnet Issues
Aug 09, 2014

I installed chartnet voice client on Windows 7 32-bit.  It worked on the file I downloaded to play.  I downladed another job and I am getting acmopenstream:  The requested operation cannot be performed.  Is there a fix I can download or codec package so it will convert properly so it will play in the chartnet voice player. Rose ...

ChartNet Question
May 10, 2015

On other platforms I've used, to delete the last typed word, I would use Ctrl-backspace.  That doesn't work in ChartNet.  Does anyone know of a shortcut to do this in ChartNet?  Or does anyone know how to make a Shorthand entry for this?  Thanks in advance.  ...

How To Get Started
Oct 27, 2009

I have been looking for a MT job since April when I finished my course training with MTatHome out of Texas.  I apply for spots that areposted as open but then get email back saying that they have no openings.  I have been in the Medical profession for 6 years as a CNA and I am getting ready for nursing school in the Fall of 2010.  I am just wanting to know what it will take to get my foot in the door in the MT field and get a job.  If anyone has any suggestion or can help me ...