A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

switch from MTs to MMEs has started - here we go

Posted: Nov 10, 2009

Well folks, email today regarding yet another MQ program- Account Trustee- those of us with good quality scores have the HONOR of sending reports directly through to the client with 2 blanks or less, thus bypassing QA. 

Instead of addressing the issue WHY QA is so backlogged (could it be because so many QA were underpaid and have left) this is the new decision. 

This is completely ridiculous. -- - MQ should insist no crap dictation!!

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Quantity over quality, regardless of the fact that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
these are important medical/legal documents that can affect patient safety... sigh.

That decision should ultimately be the client's. - Scooby-Doo

[ In Reply To ..]
Just because MQ feels the need to once again cut corners (which administrator was it that needed a new car?), it shouldn't be MQs decision to send shoddy work to our paying clients. It ultimately trickles down to the patients who deserve the best possible document we could give them, and that includes a second set of ears to hear the doo-doo dictation we pore through. Once again, shame on the Q.

I agree with you, Scoob. How can this be okay with the clients? - Polka Dot

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

clients will never know- decision up to CCM - here we go

[ In Reply To ..]
the CCM gets to make the decision as to which accounts get the "trustees."

According to the email if we have 2 or less blanks we are to leave an underscored line (to make it LOOK like it went through QA) and send it through.

And honestly, in our region this has been a long time coming- email after email pleading us not to send stuff to QA because the backlog was so high. Well geesh-louise get some English speaking docs who don't mumble or talk a million miles an hour and maybe just maybe there won't be so many blanks.

Never a dull day!

what is the criteria used - for deciding who gets to

[ In Reply To ..]
send directly to client? I read about the no more than 2 blanks, but does this apply to everyone? They can't be letting all reports bypass QA, can they? I really don't understand the logic in it. Just because somebody guesses at words instead of leaving blanks, doesn't mean they are automatically providing accurate reports. It seems that MQ is concentrating on quantity not quality these days. So, I shouldn't be surprised by this new procedure.

This means even less pay for MMEs - because ....

[ In Reply To ..]
There will no longer be the occasional report with just 1 or 2 blanks to fill in that we can get through quickly. There will now ONLY be the difficult dictators and ESLs -- the ones with blanks in every line.

Similar Messages:

KVM Switch
May 21, 2010

Does anyone use one of these and have tips on a good one, or even a bad one to avoid? I think I will invest in one and have been reading online reviews.  It seems a lot of them have little quirks that may be annoying....... ...

Switch To IC
Apr 24, 2013

My previous employer provided my computer and all the software.  I'm thinking about trying independent contracting since most of the jobs I've seen require your own equipment anyway, but how do you know what equipment to get?  Each company seems to have their own preferences.  I'd like to have what would work across the board if I need to work on several accounts.  I've read about using a different tax form too, but can anyone tell me what else I would nee ...

VR Switch Over?
Dec 22, 2013

Does anyone know when the VR switch over for hospitals and clinics has to take place? I was just laid off from my job due to it going to VR. I was told 2014 but wondered if anyone had specifics. Thanks! ...

New To ASR/Told Had To Switch To ME By 07/01
Jun 30, 2010

I am sweating this out, as everyone else has, and it is not working for me.  The rules are too vague, the training insufficient, and I am struggling with doing whatever I can to get through the report and trying to correct "correctly" - whatever way that really is, there is no explanation.  I don't know when to use F11.  I gave ASR a 4-month try 4-5 (?) years ago when it first was implemented, and see similar non-recognition issues, similar heading issues, and probably I am ...

Is It Possible To Request A Switch To Another CCM
Feb 16, 2012

x ...

KVM Switch Recommendations?
Apr 23, 2012

I don't know too much about KVM switches, but I am getting ready to start two new jobs and have two different computers.  I thought I might try one. Today, my foot pedal for my second job came in and low and behold, it is the same one for my first job.   Do any of you know if there is a KVM that will switch keyboard, video, monitor, headphones, AND foot pedal, and can you recommend one to me.  I'm trying to research, but all this techie jargon makes my head hurt an ...

Im Due To Switch To 7 Here Shortly
Jul 09, 2012

would be really nice if we didnt have to use the "dep" to search and not be allowed to be signed into the other one without that at the same time..Never used to be like that it is really annoying..They say check samples, well you check samples and there are none,in the meantime it kicks you out of the other and when you sign back into it it doesnt save your information so you start from scratch and they wonder why we have so much inactive time... ...

For Those Considering A Switch To Nursing
Jan 14, 2013

Something to consider before you invest in training.  Not saying don't do it, just be aware that you're not guaranteed a job when you graduate. http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/14/news/economy/nursing-jobs-new-grads/index.html?iid=HP_LN&hpt=hp_t2 ...

Account Switch
Oct 24, 2014

Hi,  I have an opportunity to switch accounts and work with new manager and team.  Premise is works better with schedule, less out of work situations.  Anybody familiar with CCMH and the supervisor there?  Just want to know work statuses and things like that before I switch.  Any feedback would be great.  Thanks! ...

MMEs
Nov 22, 2009

So a girl I worked with at a local hospital here now works for MQ, and I found out she is an MME, so I ask her, what exactly is an MME, she says she gets what we send to QA, corrects it, and types.  So....basically they are just QA people? But, don't QA people type too?   I just don't understand this MME position.  Any MMEs here that can tell me what an MME is (and I know it stands for Master Medical Editor, for the smarties)?  ...

Are There ANY Former MTs Who Are Now MMEs
Jan 09, 2010

who make about the same as an MME as they did as an MT?  Also, are they asking Tier 2 to become MMEs now?  I thought you had to be a Tier 3 first THEN MME?      ...

Any MMEs Here?
Oct 28, 2010

Just wondered if any MMEs watch this board that have an interest in advancing their careers to a QC.  Other than notifying your CCM and watching the openings, any advise on other steps to take? ...

To Those MT/MEs Who Became MMEs
Jan 13, 2011

Just got a request to test for the MME position.  I'm tier 3, 99% accuracy, and I've been here for 7 years, but I didn't take the test when they first offered it because I knew that my pay would take a nosedive.  I have a feeling they will be getting rid of all the regular MT/MEs shortly and keep only MMEs on board, but if the pay is actually worse, then it may be better to be given the boot.  I was told by CCM that it is mostly transcription work and not so mu ...

MQ MTs/MMEs
Dec 01, 2011

You should all go read the Offshore Concerns board about Indian Pay... UGH. ...

To Other MMEs (or Anybody Else Who May Know)
May 22, 2012

This is just purely out of curiosity, but have you noticed that a lot of the ILP's names have Shaster in them.  What does Shaster mean?  Is it some formal name thing going on? ...

To All The MMEs Out There,
Jun 19, 2012

ever read any feedback?  I don't.  So frustrating. ...

To Any MMEs
Jul 27, 2013

I've been getting a lot of reports from the ILP with "full review" or something similar in the QA note, but the report itself is not flagged for 100% proof.  After a couple weeks of doing full review at less pay, I've decided to just delete their request and fill in the blanks.  I figure if they want their reports fully reviewed, they can request their manager to put them back on 100% because I'm a bit fed up with wasting my time and money on making these ILPs look prett ...

Hey MMEs
Mar 06, 2014

When you get one of those jobs with 40 blanks in it, what is your favorite expression? Try to keep it clean! Mine is the name of a certain religious figure. ...

Companies That Don't Bait And Switch....
Nov 16, 2009

So disillusioned.  The company I loved for so long has turned into greedy liars.  Who in the MTSO world is still decent? ...

KVM Switch And A Foot Pedal
Jul 31, 2010

nm ...

Help...Account Wants To Switch From Tapes To ?
Sep 09, 2010

I have always transcribed either from a C-phone, tapes, or worked for a national that had their own dictation platform. My local account wants to switch from tapes to something similar to Emdat and wants my advice. He has very little dictation and just needs something that he can dictate from any phone, where I can access it from home. Obviously, I'm not up to speed on new technology so any friendly advice would be helpful. Thank you! ...

Need Help With Shuting Down A KVM Switch Situation ...
Oct 08, 2010

Yesterday I had someone fix 2 computers with a KVM switch to share the monitor and keyboard... I know someone on here has this situation too,  How do you shut if down or turn it off... I did shut one down, but then could not get to the other with tapping the button twice as I do to switch between them...   Thanks in advance for any help... ...

How Many MTs Switch Accounts Daily/every Other Day?
Oct 20, 2010

Lately I have not been able to stay on the same account more than 2 days in a row.  Since my primary that I was on for 6 years went VR and I did not go with it, I have been switched from one account to another to another.  They say my work is great but I do not like being a floater.  I did not mind at first because at least I still had a job; however, this does have negative consequences on my income since I have to constantly learn new specifics and docs, etc.  I am beg ...

BabbleType Bait And Switch
Jun 27, 2012

Hi, all,  Remember the most recent ad that BabbleType placed here at MTStars?  They were practically pleading with MTs and QAs to contact them and clear out their huge back log (tens of thousands of audio files they said). There was no mention of an exam; just contact them and request an assignment.  If you need training to be a QA editor, no problem -- just ask, and they would provide training.  Blah, blah, blah.  The direct quote in the ad was this:&nbs ...

Is Anyone Still Using DQS-7 Or Did They Make Everyone Switch Back To 6?
Jul 13, 2012

x ...

IMedX Bait And Switch?
Oct 09, 2012

Tested for iMedX and passed the below Surgical job they had posted: Specialty: Surgery Job Description: Current openings for OPs (ambulatory surgery/multiple specialties) accounts as IC (Independent Contractor). Must have approximately 5 years of experience in acute care/hospital transcription. Coverage is needed 7 days. Okay....even though this job is STILL posted on another MT site they are telling me they are putting it on HOLD for a few more weeks and posting another add for a nu ...

Switch To Coding, Folks
Oct 15, 2012

Careers MTs Switch To--Ideas?
Sep 06, 2013

What type of careers are any one of you who are leaving MT or who are former MTs are retraining for? I'm very undecided. I'm not too crazy about being in school a long time or least longer than 1-1/2 to 2 years. I thought about coding but heard that that field is changing too like MT. I would like to stay in the medical field but I'm not sure about the degree of direct patient contact I want. I thought about radiology technician but not really sure. Any ideas to at least all ...

Want To Switch From MT To Coding So Badly
Dec 09, 2013

I want to switch from MT to coding sooner rather than later but the problem is funds. It is so frustrating to barely make ends meet and have more month than money at times. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks for listening. ...

Can A KVM Type Switch Be Used ONLY For The Keyboard?
Apr 01, 2014

can a KVM type switch be used ONLY for the keyboard?, not the monitors or mouse? If so, what would i need to plug into it then?  been too long since I used mine.  Thanks. ...